Marc Heitz now David Stanley?

Posted 673 day(s) ago 2812 Views 31 Replies

I heard an ad this morning on the radio that Marc Heitz in Norman is now David Stanley. Did Marc Heitz retire from the car business?

Not sure if he retired but he got tired of the BS that Chevy puts out and sold to Stanley.

There was a story on the news a month or so ago about Chevy trying to screw Heitz over. Their plans for the new dealership was approved by Chevy prior to building. Now Chevy was trying to make them spend millions to change its look to match other dealerships. Basically was saying they were too fancy. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Edit: Link to news video on it http://www.news9.com/category/116601...autostart=true

I'd heard he went into deep debt to build that monster place. Perhaps he wasn't making the bills.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I'd heard he went into deep debt to build that monster place. Perhaps he wasn't making the bills.
    That would make sense. The timing of that whole move couldn't have been worse, considering GM's sales dip and the immensity of that new place.

Whoever bought Heitz's old place on Main.... there are sometimes picketers out front with a big banner reading "SHAME ON <whoever the dealer is>"... anyone know what that's about?

I guess David Stanley does lead the way.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma

Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    That would make sense. The timing of that whole move couldn't have been worse, considering GM's sales dip and the immensity of that new place.

Whoever bought Heitz's old place on Main.... there are sometimes picketers out front with a big banner reading "SHAME ON <whoever the dealer is>"... anyone know what that's about?
    That's in front of the old Bob Moore Cadillac. They also do that in front of A hotel downtown something about a labor dispute.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

Like mentioned he sold it due to GM requiring all of their stealerships to look the same. He didn't want to remodel bc it would cost a shit ton of money and he believes that his dealership looks way nicer than the other dealerships. Hence he sold it

Re: Marc Heitz now David Stanley?

Originally Posted by Sooner Jake View Post
    That's in front of the old Bob Moore Cadillac. They also do that in front of A hotel downtown something about a labor dispute.
    +1 .. they also did/do it at Mercy Hospital.

Originally Posted by Sooner Jake View Post
    The hotel is the Sheraton. They do it in front of Sandridge too. I think it's a union thing.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post

That's not the case.

Mark is doing very very well. He built his dream dealership, and quickly became one of the leading GM dealerships in the Country. David Stanley has been trying to buy the dealership for more than 3 years, because of its success. In that same span of time, GM has been threatening Mark to either tear it down, and build one of their "Cookie cutter" GM flagship buildings, or lose the line. They felt as if it was "too nice" and that it was unnecessary advantage in selling vehicles. Mark stood his ground, and refused to cooperate, and basically called GM's bluff in pulling the line. (They couldn't...because Heitz was statistically one of the best GM dealerships in the Country)

Fast forward to this latest transaction, Mark is walking away, and made out like a Bandit. David Stanley has been negotiating the deal for more than three years with GM. Basically asking GM for money to use, to tear it down once they acquire the property. So, now GM is having to pay big money out of their own pocket to have it completely demolished, and rebuilt. David Stanley gets a primo location, will have a brand new "cookie cutter" showroom/dealership, and Mark Heitz walks away a big winner. Basically a big **** you to GM.
    The following users like this post: LetsgoSooners82

Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    That's not the case.

Mark is doing very very well. He built his dream dealership, and quickly became one of the leading GM dealerships in the Country. David Stanley has been trying to buy the dealership for more than 3 years, because of its success. In that same span of time, GM has been threatening Mark to either tear it down, and build one of their "Cookie cutter" GM flagship buildings, or lose the line. They felt as if it was "too nice" and that it was unnecessary advantage in selling vehicles. Mark stood his ground, and refused to cooperate, and basically called GM's bluff in pulling the line. (They couldn't...because Heitz was statistically one of the best GM dealerships in the Country)

Fast forward to this latest transaction, Mark is walking away, and made out like a Bandit. David Stanley has been negotiating the deal for more than three years with GM. Basically asking GM for money to use, to tear it down once they acquire the property. So, now GM is having to pay big money out of their own pocket to have it completely demolished, and rebuilt. David Stanley gets a primo location, will have a brand new "cookie cutter" showroom/dealership, and Mark Heitz walks away a big winner. Basically a big **** you to GM.
    Another smart decision by GM.

I don't know all of the details but heitz knew they would have to match the other dealerships when they built that place. It has been GMs plan to make all of their dealerships look the same for a while now. GM offered to pay for half the costs of the remodel for the dealerships and I'm sure the heitz dealership got the same offer even though they built that place.

Anyway, the worst part of the whole deal is that David Stanley now owns it and they are some shady suckers.
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

Originally Posted by pbc2003 View Post

Anyway, the worst part of the whole deal is that David Stanley now owns it and they are some shady suckers.
    That's what is lost in this whole deal. Mark Heitz was one of the few last "good guys" in the car business in Oklahoma. (Yes...roll your eyes...but it's true) He built his "empire" by doing things the right way, in a business that is much easier to succeed in, by doing things the wrong way. And unfortunetly, the David Stanley group is on the exact other side of the spectrum.
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

That's not the case.

Interesting. Good for him. With the way GM's been run the last 20 years or so, it doesn't surprise me a bit.

Sad deal if they tear it down. From the news video I posted earlier it looks like they went out if their way to make the dealership as green as possible. The lights are powered by windmills, all the rain runoff is collected to water the property. To tear it down just because it isn't "cookie cutter" is a ****ing waste.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Sad deal if they tear it down. From the news video I posted earlier it looks like they went out if their way to make the dealership as green as possible. The lights are powered by windmills, all the rain runoff is collected to water the property. To tear it down just because it isn't "cookie cutter" is a ****ing waste.
    The idiocy of it will be beyond amusing.

That's not the case.

This is what I have to deal with everyday... The manufatureres don't care what the dealers think... they have people in the corporate towers who have never sold anything making decisions on how professional entrepreneurs and salesmen need to position their product.

So GM wants to tear an amazing facility that is perfectly functional and replace it with cookie cutter shit? And our tax dollars are paying to bail these ****s out because they hit hard times financially? Let em fail then...****.

Used to work there back in my prime. Deals been in the works for years. Made **** tons of money and left.

Glad I don't throw away money with a Chevy. Ill keep buying ford thank you very much.
    2 users like nlight1's post: fdubzou, SoonerDan74012

Best money 23k i ever spent was on my 99 Z-71. Still runs like brand new. Knock on wood. It'll probably spit a rod on the drive home.

Good to know. I knew Marc when he was at OU. Really good guy

Cant fault GM too much for protecting their brand. It just comes off as really shitty and sucks that a nice building has to go to waste.

Any chance that Stanley turns it into one of his other brands? Does he hock Fords?
    Last edited by OnlyOneOklahoma; December 22nd, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Cant fault GM too much for protecting their brand. It just comes off as really shitty and sucks that a nice building has to go to waste.

Any chance that Stanley turns it into one of his other brands? Does he hock Fords?
    One could argue this is damaging their brand.

I live next door to Marc Heitz. Nice house, partied there a ton with his son. Cool guy

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    my parents live next door to Marc Heitz. Nice house, partied there a ton with his son. Cool guy
    fify.
    5 users like bushmaster06's post: Cabbage_town_kid, oilmud, Sooner2012, SoonerDan74012, soonerdm

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    fify.
    Well, I live with 'em

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    Well, I live with 'em
    Bum.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    One could argue this is damaging their brand.
    Buy some stock and tell them then. A company has every right to do what they see fit with their brand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    Bum.
    Wouldn't argue