Johnny Manziel's "Family Money"

Posted 616 day(s) ago 17865 Views 27 Replies

Drugs Johnny Manziel's "Family Money"

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/100...075-4584.shtml

Businessman indicted on cocaine trafficking charges
    Published: Thursday, October 03, 2002

TYLER (AP) — An East Texas businessman who owns a concert hall was free on bond Thursday after he was indicted on cocaine trafficking charges.

Bobby Joe Manziel's Oil Palace in Tyler has been a venue for rock and country acts such as Don Henley, George Jones and Merle Haggard.

Manziel, 63, was arrested Wednesday by FBI agents at his downtown office after a federal grand jury handed up a two-count indictment. The businessman and Jimmy Stanton of Red Oak are charged with one count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and distribution of 500 grams to 5 kilograms of cocaine.

A second count accuses the pair of aiding and abetting each other in the actual possession with intent to distribute and distribution of the drug, said U.S. Attorney Matthew Orwig.

Manziel's bond was set at $100,000 by U.S. Magistrate Judge Harry W. McKee. The businessman was later released and faced arraignment at 10 a.m. Friday. A pretrial hearing was also set for Nov. 12 before U.S. District Judge Leonard Davis.

Each defendant, if convicted, faces a prison sentence of up to 40 years and a fine up to $2 million on each count.

According to the indictment, Manziel used or intended to use his residence and surrounding property as well as his 2002 Chevrolet truck to commit or facilitate the drug offenses.

It was a decade ago. I dont give a shit
    2 users like usaosooner's post: meandmybutt, SoonerSteve1

Selling that Blue Magic?

His money comes from his long dead relative that wildcatted oil all over the Tyler area and a variety of other businesses. Not every relative of his is a saint however unlike every other football player. Good thing no OU players have relatives that have committed a crime.
    3 users like aggressor's post: KCRuf/Nek, madillsoonerfan5353, meandmybutt

Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    His money comes from his long dead relative that wildcatted oil all over the Tyler area and a variety of other businesses. Not every relative of his is a saint however unlike every other football player. Good thing no OU players have relatives that have committed a crime.
    And if Landry Jones had relatives like this and had front row seats to NBA games on back to back nights, I can guarantee it would be discussed on TexAgs.

Originally Posted by auggie slippenstone View Post
    And if Landry Jones had relatives like this and had front row seats to NBA games on back to back nights, I can guarantee it would be discussed on TexAgs.
    Lots of stupid things get discussed on Texags, your point? My point is that this guy has nothing to do with where Manziel gets his money from nor does it have anything to do with him. It's just a relative that committed a crime a decade ago.

Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    Lots of stupid things get discussed on Texags, your point? My point is that this guy has nothing to do with where Manziel gets his money from nor does it have anything to do with him. It's just a relative that committed a crime a decade ago.
    A great-great uncle, Bobby Joe Manziel, was a boxer known as "The Syrian Kid," and also a sparring partner with the legendary Jack Dempsey. Bobby Joe earned his own legendary status in East Texas as a prominent oil wildcatter.
    http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/a...ly-3965856.php

You say "His money comes from his long dead relative that wildcatted oil all over the Tyler area and a variety of other businesses." which is exactly what Bobby Joe made his status in according to the article above. But Bobby Joe's business wasn't related to the oil wildcatting that made the family fortunes, right?

Can we close this?? No substance, whatsoever...
    5 users like Straz1999's post: BernieMadoff, freedombird, KCRuf/Nek, oorah_okie, soonirvana

Originally Posted by auggie slippenstone View Post
    You overestimate how much Aggies care about QBs from second rate leagues. The Big 12 is irrelevant in the hunt for the national title, so why would a member of the SEC care?

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    You overestimate how much Aggies care about QBs from second rate leagues. The Big 12 is irrelevant in the hunt for the national title, so why would a member of the SEC care?
    A second rate league in which you only won a single conference title.

That "second rate league" in which you floundered in mediocrity for the better part of 15 years while posting a barely .500 in-conference record?
    6 users like auggie slippenstone's post: BraveSooner, DHF, meandmybutt, mrSooner, NortheastOK_Sooner, Turk

I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
    2 users like NortheastOK_Sooner's post: BraveSooner, McRib

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true, even in your Aggie delusional mind.

The Bobby Joe in the article is Johnny's grandfather. They are actually a pretty good family. Johnny's dad is a GM for a car dealership and his Grandfather and Great Uncle are involved in real estate and oil.

**** the aggies let's fight!!

Do y'all really want to go there? I know your relatives are all pristine & your great-grandma was a virgin and you,
    of course, have a spotless past... point is we all have the proverbial skeletons in our family histories.
    LEAVE THE KID ALONE AND LET THE SOONERS STOMP A MUD HOLE IN HIS ASS at Jerry World!
    The following users like this post: tylersooner

Aggy reminds one of the kid who can't get a girl to look at him, then gets laid by a $9.95 pro and thinks he's Matt Damon.
    The following users like this post: mrSooner

Nothing like getting your identity from other teams in your league

Originally Posted by ousooner_4 View Post
    Nothing like getting your identity from other teams in your league
    aTm = Arkansas

Johnny Manziel's "Family Money"

Originally Posted by Straz1999 View Post
    A second rate league in which you only won a single conference title.
    Ouch. ****ing, ouch. LOL!

Johnny's dad a car salesman/manager in Longview. He's been in the news a lot lately of course; I have family that was talking about him the other day that lives in Big Sandy, and between BS and Gladewater.

Agree that this should be a closed topic unless someone has proof on little Johnny.

To the trash talking Aggie..this team from a 2nd rate league handed you a nifty 77-0 record setting loss. Go back to associating yourself with the SEC since Aggie has never stood on its own. Pathetic.

As someone who is attempting to be a doctor, and who also knows that most of his extended family is a backwards embarrassment...give the guy a break. You don't choose your family. But you can choose to break from their mold.
    The following users like this post: Fanofou

Serious question: Didn't Manziel go to high school in Kerrville? I'm going to assume that his mother lives there?

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    Serious question: Didn't Manziel go to high school in Kerrville? I'm going to assume that his mother lives there?
    I believe they have moved to College Station

Originally Posted by tylersooner View Post
    I believe they have moved to College Station

I was just wondering why he lived in Kerrville and not the Tyler area during High school.

1) Anyone who chances SEC S E C is ****ing worthless. I live in SEC country and work with alumni and random fans of most of the conference and it is ridiculous. Ole Miss or Miss St jackasses that have conference pride and don't impact the national scene at all. Its pathetic.

2) I won't give a shit about Johnny ball and his ticket purchases unless NCAA says something. BUT SERIOUSLY what sophomore in college has money to sit courtside. COURTSIDE, not a normal ticket, an expensive ass ticket. I live in Memphis and have a buddy who works at the FedEx forum and any tickets I get from him are good but not courtside.

Originally Posted by Straz1999 View Post
    Can we close this?? No substance, whatsoever...
    Originally Posted by CCSooner View Post
    Agree that this should be a closed topic unless someone has proof on little Johnny.

To the trash talking Aggie..this team from a 2nd rate league handed you a nifty 77-0 record setting loss. Go back to associating yourself with the SEC since Aggie has never stood on its own. Pathetic.
    I say leave it open so when we win we can all come back and tell Mrs. Agroid to get on her knees and do what she does best.