Jim Florentine podcast on the CT Shooting and gun control

Posted 679 day(s) ago 471 Views 12 Replies

http://www.riotcast.com/jimflorentine/

key points:, after 9/11 we lost freedoms, the ct shooting is another 9/11 type event.
    ok don't ban guns, but ban guns that fire 30 shots in 3 seconds
    Jim suggest 6 bullets, then reload, would mean less killing before the shooter is taken down.
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/jimflopodc...Newtown_CT.mp3
    discuss

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    http://www.riotcast.com/jimflorentine/

key points:, after 9/11 we lost freedoms, the ct shooting is another 9/11 type event.
    ok don't ban guns, but ban guns that fire 30 shots in 3 seconds
    Jim suggest 6 bullets, then reload, would mean less killing before the shooter is taken down.
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/jimflopodc...Newtown_CT.mp3
    discuss
    Sounds like Jim doesn't know much. If we limit things to 6 rounds, the killer rolls in with a shotgun loaded with buckshot. Instead of shooting each victim multiple times, he hits each once. Buck from across a room would have hit more than one victim. Up close it would have torn them apart.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not coming after you Meni or Jim. I'm simply tired of 'solutions' that have no possible chance of making a difference.

Can Jim guarantee me that criminals and crazy people will abide laws? If not, then he can shove those suggestions. Most guns can be modified, and so can magazines.

Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    Can Jim guarantee me that criminals and crazy people will abide laws? If not, then he can shove those suggestions. Most guns can be modified, and so can magazines.
    a lot of magazines sold as 10-rounders, but look like high capacity mags are just that. they just have a block in them to limit capacity and can be easily removed and set back to the original 30 rounds.
    The following users like this post: TenYards

mods move this to the gun law thread.....

This guy didn't buy guns he stole them. How exactly will any new law keep someone from either A) buying whatever guns he wants to do whatever he wants them to do off the black market or B) steal whatever guns he wants. The gun ban that Clinton passed in 1994 was still in effect when the students at Columbine used some of the same guns that were banned in that law. We can't use violence to go after people thinking it'll work. It's the same thinking we use in the drug war and it only promotes violence We need to change our way of thinking in this country

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:03 AM.

4 users like soonerintn's post: DRminimega67, fdubzou, SoonerArtillery, SoonerLibertarian

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.

This is an incredible article. Thank you for posting.
    The following users like this post: soonerintn

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Sounds like Jim doesn't know much. If we limit things to 6 rounds, the killer rolls in with a shotgun loaded with buckshot. Instead of shooting each victim multiple times, he hits each once. Buck from across a room would have hit more than one victim. Up close it would have torn them apart.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not coming after you Meni or Jim. I'm simply tired of 'solutions' that have no possible chance of making a difference.
    Wouldn't kill as many as quickly.

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    How do you know? If I have a limited amount of ammo I'm going to make sure my shots count.

limit guns to 6 rounds and determined killers will carry more clips...
    limit guns to revolvers and they will carry speed loaders....
    where there's a will there's a way...
    more laws will not make you safer....

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    2 15 round mag pistols kill just as fast as a 30 round AR.

On that note, I'm hearing more that there were 4 pistols found at the scene and the AR was left in the car. Any truth?