Single cup coffee maker

Posted 647 day(s) ago 1977 Views 33 Replies

Single cup coffee maker

I know Keurig is the popular brand but what other brands are good and not uber expensive?

Keurigs aren't expensive. Anything else and you'll end up spending the difference on the cups.

Single cup coffee maker

We have hard water. How easy are these to clean? How accessible are all the parts that could get build up from the hard water? Looked at them briefly on Friday when I was finishing up Xmas shopping with the girls.

Originally Posted by jumperstop View Post
    Keurigs aren't expensive. Anything else and you'll end up spending the difference on the cups.
    Thanks, you answered absolutely nothing that I asked. You win the internet.

Follow up question: Some Kuerigs are $99 and some go up to $229. What do the more expensive models do that the cheaper ones don't?

Single cup coffee maker

Originally Posted by traxx View Post

Follow up question: Some Kuerigs are $99 and some go up to $229. What do the more expensive models do that the cheaper ones don't?
    One thing I noticed was touch screen compared to buttons. Not a big deal really.

I have one of these. Use it with an electric kettle that boils water in less than 60 seconds. Easy cleanup. I've had many different types of coffee pots ranging from $20 to $200, this has been my favorite so far. I have complete control over water temperature, brewing time, and it takes up very little space in my kitchen.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...goobase_filler

I wanna know too

Single cup coffee maker

I don't drink coffee but my wife really likes the Hamilton Single Cup Coffee Maker. I think it's only like $60

Originally Posted by traxx View Post

I gave you my opinion on buying another brand other than Keurig...but w.e

Other models that are more have the ability to put multiple cups worth of water in so you don't have to fill up every time. The Keurig Vue which is the 229 one you are talking about takes different cups than the regular version, and those are meant for travel size mugs. I normally just do two regular kcups if I take my travel mug to work or something. I don't know anything about other brands, but the other brand cups I've seen seem like they have a lot less variety and are a little more expensive.

Re: Single cup coffee maker

Comparison between the Keurig models.

http://www.coffeedetective.com/keuri...p-brewers.html

I haven't seen a Keurig under $150.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Comparison between the Keurig models.

http://www.coffeedetective.com/keuri...p-brewers.html

I haven't seen a Keurig under $150.
    The Keurig Mini B-31 in that link is $99 at most stores.

Single cup coffee maker

Maybe someone will have an after Xmas sale on these.

Originally Posted by jumperstop View Post
    The Keurig Mini B-31 in that link is $99 at most stores.
    I haven't seen this model before. For being a keurig, the reviews aren't that great.

We have a couple at work that get used and abused on a daily basis. I don't know what model it is and can't tell from that website.

I've had a Keurig for 2 years and it is great. The platinum edition, not hard to clean and only had to clean the heating element once since I bought it.
    The following users like this post: The Baconator®

Single cup coffee maker

I've had a Keurig maker for years. No cleaning or anything. Buy with confidence. Get a 20% off coupon and buy at Bed Bath & Beyond. Easy.

Single cup coffee maker

To answer the hard water question....you can just run a tank of vinegar thru it a couple of time per year. You can also buy little filters where you can use your own coffee me not have to use K cups.

And service is top notch. We ran into some problems with ours after 2 years where it would only brew about 1/2 a cup, even on the largest setting. Keurig mailed us a brand new machine!

Love my Keurig(s)! You don't need anything but the $120 model. It gets the best Amazon reviews of all the models, at least it did when I was researching. The $99 version you'll have to fill every time. For $20 more you get the reservoir which makes 4-5 cups of coffee. There's no sense getting a different brand. You'll get the best deal by buying the keurig brand.

We also have the Platinum and love it...!!!

Single cup coffee maker

I haven't seen this model before. For being a keurig, the reviews aren't that great.

We have a couple at work that get used and abused on a daily basis. I don't know what model it is and can't tell from that website.
    I had one and it went to shit after three months of use and I only used it maybe three or four times a week.

Threw it away and got a French press. Won't ever go back to a machine for my home brewed coffee again.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    I had one and it went to shit after three months of use and I only used it maybe three or four times a week.

Threw it away and got a French press. Won't ever go back to a machine for my home brewed coffee again.
    Coffee snob

I've done two cups a day for a year and mine works great still.

Single cup coffee maker

Coffee snob
    Hahaha. I almost posted this exact thing last night.

Single cup coffee maker

Coffee snob
    Lol, I don't drink it often but when I do, I tend to be a bit of a snob about it.

Single cup coffee maker

Lol, I don't drink it often but when I do, I tend to be a bit of a snob about it.
    Now you're trying to be the most interesting man in the world.

this has turned to shit, leaks coffee as I dispense it.

Originally Posted by soonerseth View Post
    this has turned to shit, leaks coffee as I dispense it.
    It's $30 man..

I have used a few different ones and my biggest problem with them is the coffee is too weak

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

I have a cheap Mr. Coffee brand Keurig coffee maker...

But, I also have this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach...h+coffee+maker

With it I can make a full pot, or just use regular grounds on the "single" side for up to a larger travel mug. I can also use the Senseo pods on the single side, which are cheaper than K-cups, typically. Plus, it has a timer on it so I can set either the full pot or single travel mug side to have coffee ready for when I leave the house for work.

I actually use a mix of both coffee makers, depending on the situation.

Another good single cup brewer that I like is:

http://www.amazon.com/Kitchenaid-Per...d+coffee+maker

I got this one for my folks for Christmas and they really like it.

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I have a cheap Mr. Coffee brand Keurig coffee maker...

But, I also have this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach...h+coffee+maker

With it I can make a full pot, or just use regular grounds on the "single" side for up to a larger travel mug. I can also use the Senseo pods on the single side, which are cheaper than K-cups, typically. Plus, it has a timer on it so I can set either the full pot or single travel mug side to have coffee ready for when I leave the house for work.

I actually use a mix of both coffee makers, depending on the situation.

Another good single cup brewer that I like is:

http://www.amazon.com/Kitchenaid-Per...d+coffee+maker

I got this one for my folks for Christmas and they really like it.
    ^kitchenaid might need to invest can i use normal grounds too

The kitchenaid ONLY uses grounds... it has one of those metal gold filters in it. And, it has the 18 oz. travel mug on it.
    The following users like this post: CookiePuss

Somebody mentioned this earlier, but it really is a situation where less is more:

Makes an awesome cup, and you can use whatever coffee/grind you want...it will handle espresso grinds, but you have to adjust the temp of your water down a bit due to the slow drain.

They cost about $4 and come with either 50 or 100 filters.

my friend made me coffee with the gold filter that goes in keurig and my coffee had grounds in it. and problem with the ketchin aid

Originally Posted by CookiePuss View Post
    my friend made me coffee with the gold filter that goes in keurig and my coffee had grounds in it. and problem with the ketchin aid
    You can just as easily throw a filter in there first... in fact, I think they make the triangular shaped filters that would fit in there nicely.
    The following users like this post: CookiePuss