Posted 480 day(s) ago by TheBoots6121 Views 165 Replies
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
    vCash

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    1. Conference
    2. Recruiting
    3. Coaching
    4. QB
    5. Relevant games of our in-state and Oklahoman neighbors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    1. Agreed that changes
    2. Early boost, sustain it before anyone should ever consider it a change (small sample size, oh **** it you're an Aggie)
    3. One year, again one ****ing year...why do you continue to judge based on such a small sample size (oh yeah Aggie)
    4. Things will be different next year without 3 NFL draft picks to protect him, really good QB this year but don't expect a repeat performance
    5. You have no rivalries, will not be able to establish any in the SEC, and cut ties with everyone you've been connected to...congrats, now the only relevant games are when you play LSU, Alabama, Florida or Georgia and you don't play all of them in the same year every year. You don't have much really here.

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    1. Agreed that changes
    2. Early boost, sustain it before anyone should ever consider it a change (small sample size, oh **** it you're an Aggie)
    3. One year, again one ****ing year...why do you continue to judge based on such a small sample size (oh yeah Aggie)
    4. Things will be different next year without 3 NFL draft picks to protect him, really good QB this year but don't expect a repeat performance
    5. You have no rivalries, will not be able to establish any in the SEC, and cut ties with everyone you've been connected to...congrats, now the only relevant games are when you play LSU, Alabama, Florida or Georgia and you don't play all of them in the same year every year. You don't have much really here.
    1. And you'll never forget it, especially when you hear our conference chanted over and over and over again at the Cotton Bowl.
    2. Small sample size, but it has trended in such a positive direction, why would anyone assume it should fall? SEC teams routinely recruit well.
    3. Stoops won a natty in year two. One year aint that much sooner.
    4. Heisman.
    5. LSU is a pretty big rivalry. Long hair don't care.

vCash

1. And you'll never forget it, especially when you hear our conference chanted over and over and over again at the Cotton Bowl.
    2. Small sample size, but it has trended in such a positive direction, why would anyone assume it should fall? SEC teams routinely recruit well.
    3. Stoops won a natty in year two. One year aint that much sooner.
    4. Heisman.
    5. LSU is a pretty big rivalry. Long hair don't care.
    1. Laughable, again you are assuming you will win this game hands down
    2. Argument failed when you agreed it was a small sample size...quit making assumptions
    3. Stoops has shown himself to be a great coach for 14 years now, Sumlin is in his first year at A&M...do you honestly think he wins a NC next year (of course you do, you're a delusional Aggie)
    4. Yes he won Heisman, again I say he will struggle next year without the OL he had this year
    5. No it's not, absolutely no it's not (haven't played them but twice in the last 18 years). You have played them a grand total of 1 game in the SEC...that's not a rivalry and one existed before the change to the SEC but died a long time ago...don't make things up to make yourselves feel better, accept the truth and move forward

1. Laughable, again you are assuming you will win this game hands down
    2. Argument failed when you agreed it was a small sample size...quit making assumptions
    3. Stoops has shown himself to be a great coach for 14 years now, Sumlin is in his first year at A&M...do you honestly think he wins a NC next year (of course you do, you're a delusional Aggie)
    4. Yes he won Heisman, again I say he will struggle next year without the OL he had this year
    5. No it's not, absolutely no it's not (haven't played them but twice in the last 18 years). You have played them a grand total of 1 game in the SEC...that's not a rivalry and one existed before the change to the SEC but died a long time ago...don't make things up to make yourselves feel better, accept the truth and move forward
    Died long ago? You mean like 1995?

SEC oversigning (Again)

1. Conference you currently are in a better conference but that could change. It's changed several times over the past 60 years. It wasn't too long ago that the SEC was average. As far as A&M is concerned it only makes them better right now based on perception. If the Big 12 was the dominant conference and the SEC was 2nd then A&M would not be looked at so highly right now
    2. Recruiting again as long as the perception is that the SEC is the place for recruits to be then this is a plus but it will change
    3. Coaching the SEC has nothing to do with your coaching. You'd have the same coaches now as you would have if you'd still been in the Big 12
    4. QB your current QB's are better because of the conference they play? Or JM only came to A&M because of the SEC. Not buying either. SEC is a non factor on the QB. Big 12 has had better QB's of recent anyway
    5. Relevant games of our in-state and Oklahoman neighbors. not sure what you mean by this. The cotton bowl is more relevant than getting beat 77-0? You don't and won't play Texas anymore. I don't get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

SEC oversigning (Again)

I shouldn't step into this but why? Why not chant aTm?

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    I shouldn't step into this but why? Why not chant aTm?
    Because the greatest chant in all of sports is a sign of solidarity. It shows that those on the outside who claim we are constantly overrated are wrong. Time and time again. It shows that our loses in conference are so much greater and trying than anything you've faced in a decade. My team lost a conference game. That would be like losing 20 in any other conference. We are the SEC. We are college football.

vCash

Because the greatest chant in all of sports is a sign of solidarity. It shows that those on the outside who claim we are constantly overrated are wrong. Time and time again. It shows that our loses in conference are so much greater and trying than anything you've faced in a decade. My team lost a conference game. That would be like losing 20 in any other conference. We are the SEC. We are college football.
    lol, I get it...you're 10 years old

sorry to berate you, didn't actually think I was talking to a child...again sorry

Re: SEC oversigning (Again)

lol, I get it...you're 10 years old

sorry to berate you, didn't actually think I was talking to a child...again sorry
    You are forgiven.

SEC oversigning (Again)

I know you know that A&M is going to beat Oklahoma but if, just if, OU prevails where does that put your little SEC and your 5th place (yeah that's right you finished 5th in that conference) Aggies?

Now if you beat OU consider this? You'd have had a great chance to win the Big 12 so are you still going to get on your knees and bow down to the all mighty SEC because hell you could have won a championship in the conference and possibly been playing for a MNC.

So lets recap. If you win then you have to question the decision to leave because that decision cost you a chance at playing for a MNC. If you lose them you are not only the SEC's **** you are still the Big 12's **** too.

Typical aggie move.

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    For those of you who think the AJC article was about nothing, I am telling you that you are wrong.

In 2009, the SEC changed it's own rules to curb the oversigning that they readily admit they were doing and that it gave them an advantage that other teams did not have. Almost every coach in the SEC fought against the change.

It is still an issue.

The SEC is still working to have the NCAA change recruiting rules that would allow for activities currently banned .

The SEC is currently working to address the back counting of players and how the cap is impacted.

Much in the same way that they still need to address the disgraceful grey shirting.

Now, before all the ad homenim attacks commence, at least stop to ask why the SEC is deeply involved in changing the rules when there is / was no problem.
    The NCAA imposes a rule that you can have no more than 25 initial "counters" (players getting scholarships for the first time) in a year. This means that it's impossible for teams to give sign more than 25 scholarship players per year over the long term.

And the link that you posted about "disgraceful grey shirting" isn't grey shirting. I've educated myself, and you're full of shit.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    I know you know that A&M is going to beat Oklahoma but if, just if, OU prevails where does that put your little SEC and your 5th place (yeah that's right you finished 5th in that conference) Aggies?

Now if you beat OU consider this? You'd have had a great chance to win the Big 12 so are you still going to get on your knees and bow down to the all mighty SEC because hell you could have won a championship in the conference and possibly been playing for a MNC.

So lets recap. If you win then you have to question the decision to leave because that decision cost you a chance at playing for a MNC. If you lose them you are not only the SEC's **** you are still the Big 12's **** too.

Typical aggie move.
    We wouldn't have been as good of a team if we had run the table in the Big 12. Playing legitimate top ten teams makes you better. We would have been underwhelming if we had to face a Big 12 regular season

SEC oversigning (Again)

We wouldn't have been as good of a team if we had run the table in the Big 12. Playing legitimate top ten teams makes you better. We would have been underwhelming if we had to face a Big 12 regular season

This is ignorance. "IF" A&m is a good enough team to beat OU then they could/would have run the table. Had KSU went undefeated they would have been in the MNC ahead of Bama so if KSU could have done it A&M would have as well.

If there is any truth to your ignorance then A&M is not as good as you think.

You guys might want to ask Mizzou how that worked out for them...

vCash

this is the thing I enjoy hearing...you played 3 top 10 teams and went 1-2 (Florida and LSU - Loss, Alabama - Win)...other than that here is your schedule:

SMU
    South Carolina State
    Arkansas (dogshit SEC team this year)
    Ole Miss (perennial dogshit SEC team that Texas destroyed)
    La Tech (you almost lost and gave up 57 points in the process...SEC SEC SEC)
    Auburn (dogshit SEC team this year)
    Miss. St. (average SEC team no longer ranked)
    Sam Houston St.
    Missouri (worst SEC team, probably worse than Auburn this year)

your schedule sucked this season, your OOC schedule is a joke but it shows you're following the SEC mold

You wouldn't have went undefeated in the Big 12, a lot of games would have been like the La Tech game. Besides the 3 top 10 matchups this season your schedule was absolutely terrible and you lost 2 of those 3 games.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

SEC oversigning (Again)

Basically there are 3 scenarios. 1) the one that played out and left A&M finishing 5th in their conference. They also will get/got played by the SEC. A&M is holding pocket kings and with the 72AKA board they think their full house is good but the whole time the SEC has been holding pocket aces. Everyone in the country knew A&M was beat but they went all in anyway because they thought they had a winner.

Scenerio B) is me being right and A&M playing for a national title. This surely makes A&M look stupid in their move. Who cares about a heisman winner when you could be playing for a crystal ball.

Scenario C) greensooner is right and A&M is still just plain old aggie. They'd be fighting with osu and Texas for 3rd place.

I'm sure if you could go back in time to prove to aggie that scenerio B would have happened they'd still act as if being 5th in the SEC is better.

vCash

SEC oversigning (Again)

When OU beats A&M in the Cotton Bowl, it will be the single most humiliating thing that has ever happened to A&M, especially when the OU fans start chanting, "SEC" ... It's gonna be so sweet ... Oh so sweet ...

vCash

SEC oversigning (Again)

this is the thing I enjoy hearing...you played 3 top 10 teams and went 1-2 (Florida and LSU - Loss, Alabama - Win)...other than that here is your schedule:

SMU
    South Carolina State
    Arkansas (dogshit SEC team this year)
    Ole Miss (perennial dogshit SEC team that Texas destroyed)
    La Tech (you almost lost and gave up 57 points in the process...SEC SEC SEC)
    Auburn (dogshit SEC team this year)
    Miss. St. (average SEC team no longer ranked)
    Sam Houston St.
    Missouri (worst SEC team, probably worse than Auburn this year)

your schedule sucked this season, your OOC schedule is a joke but it shows you're following the SEC mold

You wouldn't have went undefeated in the Big 12, a lot of games would have been like the La Tech game. Besides the 3 top 10 matchups this season your schedule was absolutely terrible and you lost 2 of those 3 games.
    This is what I think is so funny. They played exactly ****ing nobody. I was at the LSU game. A&M played their tits off and lsu played a shitty, lazy game and still won. It was the biggest home game in A&M history and they blew it. Hard.

Originally Posted by deadserious View Post
    This is what I think is so funny. They played exactly ****ing nobody. I was at the LSU game. A&M played their tits off and lsu played a shitty, lazy game and still won. It was the biggest home game in A&M history and they blew it. Hard.
    Alabama was a big game. You mighy have missed it. The Sooners managed to win exactly zero big games. I don't know why Sooners of all people are trying to downplay our schedule, since you know, we actually beat someone, unlike OU.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    This is ignorance. "IF" A&m is a good enough team to beat OU then they could/would have run the table. Had KSU went undefeated they would have been in the MNC ahead of Bama so if KSU could have done it A&M would have as well.

If there is any truth to your ignorance then A&M is not as good as you think.
    A&M wouldn't have lost to Baylor. Baylor is horrendous. Even if we did run the table in a second teir conference, that wouldn't make us a good team.

Seig Heil!
    Seig Heil!
    Seig Heil!

vCash

Alabama was a big game. You mighy have missed it. The Sooners managed to win exactly zero big games. I don't know why Sooners of all people are trying to downplay our schedule, since you know, we actually beat someone, unlike OU.

keep thumping your chest at the Bama win...you're gonna have to remember that one for a while b/c it's not gonna be the norm

Bama will light you guys up next year, LSU the same and looking at your schedule next year it just gets easier for you guys...do you even try to schedule anyone?

Rice (lolwut? how many home games do you guys plan to get every year?)
    Sam Houston St (whatever it takes to get another home game eh?)
    Alabama (loss)
    SMU (another home game)
    Arkansas (they will be mediocre once again)
    Ole Miss (see Arkansas)
    Auburn (see Arkansas)
    Vanderbilt (mediocre team)
    Miss. St. (average team)
    New Mexico (oh yay another easy home win, the Aggie fans must be thrilled at these match ups)
    LSU
    Missouri (easiest win on your schedule)
    SEC title game...(nope, not you guys)

b/c your schedule is such a joke I imagine 10-2 is quite within the realm of possibility with you losing to Alabama and LSU, the only 2 teams you play that are worth a shit on your schedule.

vCash

A&M wouldn't have lost to Baylor. Baylor is horrendous. Even if we did run the table in a second teir conference, that wouldn't make us a good team.

seriously? Baylor is the #1 offense in the country or were most of the season and your defense is prone to taking it in the ass when teams are good offensively (see La Tech...you would have faced worse in Baylor)

SEC oversigning (Again)

You'd be the same team you are today except you'd be playing for a MNC. Oh wait a second you finished 5th in a conference that had a OOC record against AQ schools of .500 and struggled against several FCS schools. That's not a great conference. What conferences has a winning record against OOC AQ teams?

So we can root for other teams when ours sucks ass.
    FIFY

vCash

SEC oversigning (Again)

Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. Michigan lost to a ****in d2 team at home. Big deal. Roughly 1-percent of all teams, year in and year out, go undefeated. Actually, it's probably far less than 1-percent. Every team loses a game. A&M just happened to be on the right side of alabama's one loss, so stop beating your chest over that game, particularly when A&M tried their ****ing hardest to barf that one up. Alabama wins that game 19 out of 20 times.

Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. Michigan lost to a ****in d2 team at home. Big deal. Roughly 1-percent of all teams, year in and year out, go undefeated. Actually, it's probably far less than 1-percent. Every team loses a game. A&M just happened to be on the right side of alabama's one loss, so stop beating your chest over that game, particularly when A&M tried their ****ing hardest to barf that one up. Alabama wins that game 19 out of 20 times.
    Who was OU's impressive win? Or have you shit the bed against the only decent teams you've faced?

Funny how they conveniently forget the two losses at home. But hey they held on to win a thrilling game vs La Tech

Who was OU's impressive win? Or have you shit the bed against the only decent teams you've faced?
    It must be nice to be an aggie troll and know you have a safe place to come post your bullshit

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
    ... and you're full of shit.
    Without a doubt.

Conferences passing rules to govern issues that never happened. Got it.

Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    It must be nice to be an aggie troll and know you have a safe place to come post your bullshit
    I'm not trolling. OU doesn't have a single impressive win. Is that the product of a crappy conference schedule in that you only faced one decent team in the Big 12? Yes. Fortunately your OOC schedule was challenging, but you got your shit pushed in at home no less by one of the worst offenses in college football. So what exactly is bullshit about OU having zero impressive wins. Please tell me that WVU or something should count and hold up against Alabama. I'd love to hear what exactly OU is hanging its hat on other than beating a bunch of 7-5 teams.

How does that not apply for A&M as well? Florida caught us at the right time. Had we played that game later in the year, A&M would be in the BCS Championship game against Notre Dame to beat a team OU got steam rolled by.

vCash

I'm not trolling. OU doesn't have a single impressive win. Is that the product of a crappy conference schedule in that you only faced one decent team in the Big 12? Yes. Fortunately your OOC schedule was challenging, but you got your shit pushed in at home no less by one of the worst offenses in college football. So what exactly is bullshit about OU having zero impressive wins. Please tell me that WVU or something should count and hold up against Alabama. I'd love to hear what exactly OU is hanging its hat on other than beating a bunch of 7-5 teams.
    you Aggie fans are so ****ing ignorant and delusional, you have been in the SEC for one year...get over yourselves already

you Aggies think that you are one of the premier football teams in the country every ****ing year...bash the Big 12 all you want but the Big 12 pushed your shit up on the regular for 16 years...if you can't beat 'em, leave for another conference is apparently what the Aggies believe

vCash

SEC oversigning (Again)

This is gonna be such a sweet win. It will debunk the sec and it will mean that A&M still hasn't win a meaningful bowl, even as part if the mighty sec.

This is gonna be such a sweet win. It will debunk the sec and it will mean that A&M still hasn't win a meaningful bowl, even as part if the mighty sec.
    What would an OU loss mean exactly? If the 5th best SEC team beats the 2012 Big 12 Football Champions?

vCash

What would an OU loss mean exactly? If the 5th best SEC team beats the 2012 Big 12 Football Champions?
    after OU beats your Aggies, will you even show up here after the game? likely the last we will have seen of you leading up to the game...might wanna tell Manziel to start practicing, get his head in the game and quit showboating around Hollywood. Nah forget it, the Aggies think they are unbeatable

after OU beats your Aggies, will you even show up here after the game? likely the last we will have seen of you leading up to the game...might wanna tell Manziel to start practicing, get his head in the game and quit showboating around Hollywood. Nah forget it, the Aggies think they are unbeatable
    There is a difference between thinking and knowing.

vCash

OU should oversign.

Nothing really...everyone knows the SEC is all powerful and just by slapping a patch on your jersey makes you NFL ready. I'm surprised the line is only 4.5.

vCash

There is a difference between thinking and knowing.
    so you know you are unbeatable? is that the proclamation you are making here?

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Nothing really...everyone knows the SEC is all powerful and just by slapping a patch on your jersey makes you NFL ready. I'm surprised the line is only 4.5.
    I like you.

so you know you are unbeatable? is that the proclamation you are making here?
    Obviously. Don't take the internet so seriously.

vCash

Obviously. Don't take the internet so seriously.
    I don't take much seriously on the interwebz...I just enjoy listening to how far you'll take things

delusional aggies are always delusional...I do it for the lolz

I don't take much seriously on the interwebz...I just enjoy listening to how far you'll take things

delusional aggies are always delusional...I do it for the lolz
    How far have I taken it? A&M is better than OU this season and it is quite obvious. I'm sorry, everyone outside of OKlahoma can see this.

vCash

How far have I taken it? A&M is better than OU this season and it is quite obvious. I'm sorry, everyone outside of OKlahoma can see this.
    you have to be a sock account from the admins here ... no other explanation

you have to be a sock account from the admins here ... no other explanation
    Nope. Your just resident lovable Aggie. Thanks and gig em.

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
    You can only have an EE count against the prior year if you have less than 25 in the prior year.
    Correct, but you also have to have room for them in January under the 85 total schollie limits.

vCash

so since you beat Alabama and they are in the MNC game, if they win it will you put another championship on the outside of your building since you are their only loss

you beat the MNC in that case and deserve it I suppose, right?

so since you beat Alabama and they are in the MNC game, if they win it will you put another championship on the outside of your building since you are their only loss

you beat the MNC in that case and deserve it I suppose, right?
    I don't know what any of that has to do with A&M being better than OU. Which everyone knows is the case.

vCash

I don't know what any of that has to do with A&M being better than OU. Which everyone knows is the case.
    I guess the Cotton Bowl should just go ahead and ship the trophy to College Station, right?