There's a severe lack of interest in this bowl game

Posted 634 day(s) ago by IndySooner7763 Views 167 Replies
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Just remember, while aTm is preparing to win, the Sooners are preparing not to lose... just like the last 4 BCS Bowls we've played... how did that work out for us? I just hope we don't get anyone else suspended, or sent home after we get to Big D.

Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post
    I stop reading here.
    I'm glad.

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Umm the op must be drunk. In fuscking ready to beat the shit out of the gies.
    I was. I'd just gotten back from watching the Colts clinch a playoff spot.

I'm surprised how many people took it at face value.

Originally Posted by AZ Sooner View Post
    Just remember, while aTm is preparing to win, the Sooners are preparing not to lose... just like the last 4 BCS Bowls we've played... how did that work out for us? I just hope we don't get anyone else suspended, or sent home after we get to Big D.
    what??

I concur, Az. We should know in a day or two if someone didn't make grades or of others who may not be able to participate for whatever reason. Happens every year where someone has some story and can't to the bowl game. Hopefully we're good-to-go for this one.

wut?

Originally Posted by ab5sr View Post
    Besides it's aTm again, who we've played quite a bit lately, I think it's stating the obvious; we're dogs and we'll have to play the best game of the year to beat these guys. Looking at everyone's prediction in other threads, seemed to me about 50-60% in feeling that we'll take them. We played two teams with better LOS this year, and lost to both. This aggie team may be the very top OL/DL combination we play, given the awards, accolades, and draft projections of several of their big guys. I think they'll name their score - and am hoping we can just keep up.
    They very top DL we have played so far if Notre Dame which is probably the best in the nation. A&M is not even close and Notre Dames OL was just as good.

I'll watch OU play anybody, anywhere at any time of day.
    I'm excited for this game because I'm an OU fan. Period.

We KNOW how Coach Stoops prepares his teams for bowl games.

Re: There's a severe lack of interest in this bowl game

Originally Posted by RGVSooner View Post
    I didn't know we prepared for any games.

What are you talking about?

By reading some of these post I have my doubts that some of you are even really Sooner fans. Biggest bunch of complaining babies I have seen in a long time. And I thought it was bad when my dad yells at the TV and is saying things like "come guys" and "Sooners better wake up". You guys put his mere little comments in the heat of the moment while watching a game, to shame. Please, go root for whatever team is "perfect" this year so you won't have anything to complain about. How about we all be TRUE fans and support our kids and root for them to beat whomever they are playing. Especially a team that is sucking in the Limelight currently and a QB that is on top of the world..That would be a pretty big statement if the Sooners shut down mr "Johnny Football" and sht up the obviously biased ESPN announcers. They picked their Golden boy and they are going to keep cramming him down our throat, so lets cram our boys cleats down his throat.

Originally Posted by Sabla View Post
    By reading some of these post I have my doubts that some of you are even really Sooner fans. Biggest bunch of complaining babies I have seen in a long time. And I thought it was bad when my dad yells at the TV and is saying things like "come guys" and "Sooners better wake up". You guys put his mere little comments in the heat of the moment while watching a game, to shame. Please, go root for whatever team is "perfect" this year so you won't have anything to complain about. How about we all be TRUE fans and support our kids and root for them to beat whomever they are playing. Especially a team that is sucking in the Limelight currently and a QB that is on top of the world..That would be a pretty big statement if the Sooners shut down mr "Johnny Football" and sht up the obviously biased ESPN announcers. They picked their Golden boy and they are going to keep cramming him down our throat, so lets cram our boys cleats down his throat.
    if we win, those same fans would still **** and moan about something. Happens every game
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Originally Posted by RGVSooner View Post
    Unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Al F***n Swearingen View Post
    I think it is the second biggest bowl game, fallling only behind the NCG.

That said, I don't like our chances. Could be who scores last wins.

Landry hasn't had a suck ass game since KSU, so he's overdue for another. Even though we've got a great defense coordinator, our front seven defensively is going to get ass ****d again.

Excitement to see game is tempered by the fact I think Sumlin is going to make us his **** on national TV and, once again, OU will end up looking like a bunch of chumps.
    Why are you always such a ****? You put Al Swearengen's name to shame. You can't even spell it correctly. Stop posting, you embarrass us all.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

for me its kinda of disappointing that we got screwed out of a bcs bowl so that some small school that can't even afford to buy all the tickets they've been allotted and have to have their conference help buy their tickets gets to go. plus the bowl we do get to go to is in Texas for our big reward,i guess we are the swc now, and why is it whenever a bowl game in Texas has a chance to pursue either a team from outside of Texas or a Texas school they always feel like they have to have that Texas team in their bowl the cotton bowl could have went after lsu or even Georgia but no they have to have eaTme in their bowl.
    Last edited by boomersooner53; December 26th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.

Not on my part. I'm extremely interested in the game. Can't wait to watch it!

Boomer Sooner

Originally Posted by boomersooner53 View Post
    for me its kinda of disappointing that we got screwed out of a bcs bowl so that some small school that can't even afford to buy all the tickets they've been allotted and have to have their conference help buy their tickets gets to go. plus the bowl we do get to go to is in Texas for our big reward,i guess we are the swc now, and why is it whenever a bowl game in Texas has a chance to pursue either a team from outside of Texas or a Texas school they always feel like they have to have that Texas team in their bowl the cottton bowl could have went after lsu or even Georgia but no they have to have eaTme in their bowl.

For me it is even more disappointing that there is a limit on the number of teams per conference allowed in the BCS. There are 4 SEC teams left out of the BCS that are all better and FAR more deserving than OU that weren't let in. It is crazy how you think your team that isn't even ranked in the top 10 got the BCS shaft. Get over it.

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    For me it is even more disappointing that there is a limit on the number of teams per conference allowed in the BCS. There are 4 SEC teams left out of the BCS that are all better and FAR more deserving than OU that weren't let in. It is crazy how you think your team that isn't even ranked in the top 10 got the BCS shaft. Get over it.
    Seriously ban this
    4 users like SoonerBounce's post: BraveSooner, oorah_okie, soonerintn, TeLeFaWx

**** YOU ****.

Let's look at what a victory in this bowl means for us. A NC ? NO! I hope we win but let's face it, OU should be playing and winning NC's so thats not too hard to figure why interest is down.

Originally Posted by boomersooner53 View Post
    for me its kinda of disappointing that we got screwed out of a bcs bowl so that some small school that can't even afford to buy all the tickets they've been allotted and have to have their conference help buy their tickets gets to go. plus the bowl we do get to go to is in Texas for our big reward,i guess we are the swc now, and why is it whenever a bowl game in Texas has a chance to pursue either a team from outside of Texas or a Texas school they always feel like they have to have that Texas team in their bowl the cottton bowl could have went after lsu or even Georgia but no they have to have eaTme in their bowl.
    I agree, We did get looked over when it comes to the damn bcs but all we had to do is win.. We controlled all that but lost when we should have won.

Go spout your sec shit somewhere else.

Seriously ban this
    He's an aggie. He'll leave when we beat his team in JerryWorld.

Re: There's a severe lack of interest in this bowl game

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    Go spout your sec shit somewhere else.
    What am I spouting that's so ridiculous? OU isn't a top 10 team. There are 6 SEC teams in the top 10. They are all far more deserving than OU. I seriously don't understand why OU fans are butthurt about not having a good team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

What am I spouting that's so ridiculous? OU isn't a top 10 team. There are 6 SEC teams in the top 10. They are all far more deserving than OU. I seriously don't understand why OU fans are butthurt about not having a good team.

Ridiculous to see you fake army boys sucking the SEC dick after, what, 6 months in that conference?
    4 users like oorah_okie's post: CCSooner, DHF, DirtySouth_Sooner, LetsgoSooners82

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Ridiculous to see you fake army boys sucking the SEC dick after, what, 6 months in that conference?
    Am I? A&M is a top ten team. OU isn't.

SoonerBounce Guest

Am I? A&M is a top ten team. OU isn't.
    One game left ****
    4 users like SoonerBounce's post: boomersooner53, DHF, DirtySouth_Sooner, IndySooner

lulz at people taking this aggy troll seriously. Who cares what he thinks?
    2 users like silverwheels's post: ouwasp, Stinger_1066

Do you really have to ask that question? First, it's ridiculous that it took you less than five minutes to jump on the SEC bandwagon. Second, it's ridiculous that in less time, you've forgotten how much the media overhypes the SEC. Third, aTm, the whiniest ****ing fan base known to mankind, has no ****ing business calling OU fans "butthurt." Lastly, I hope Santa gave you that bag of dicks you wanted for Christmas.

Originally Posted by Al F***n Swearingen View Post
    I think it is the second biggest bowl game, fallling only behind the NCG.

That said, I don't like our chances. Could be who scores last wins.

Landry hasn't had a suck ass game since KSU, so he's overdue for another. Even though we've got a great defense coordinator, our front seven defensively is going to get ass ****d again.

Excitement to see game is tempered by the fact I think Sumlin is going to make us his **** on national TV and, once again, OU will end up looking like a bunch of chumps.
    Its the most intriguing match-up besides ND / Bama for sure. Lots of good story lines.

I haven't read this thread but all the tickets for sale on the board for $200+ got me thinking. Bowl tickets generally don't carry a very high secondary market value and add to that fact that people aren't overly excited for this game and I have to wonder how much CB tickets are really selling for?

People ARE excited about this game around here. Outside of NCG, this is the best game in best facility on better night (Friday) between two top 10 teams from two best conferences and includes the Heisman winner. Personally, I'm ****ing sick & tired of hearing about aTm, Johnny football & SEC from co-workers so more than ready for this. And don't let them fool you about confidence as they expected to blow out texass in Cotton Bowl but they promptly shut the **** up after they found out they were going up against OU. They may run their mouths on message boards but they aint saying shit in public right now. Jan. 4 can't come soon enough.

Friday night is for high school football. OU is above that.

HS football just ended at Cowboys Stadium last weekend. Time to bring in the big boys.

I am pretty jazzed! The A&M part does kinda suck but getting a shot at the latest media darling is a decent payback. Can't freaking wait!!

Originally Posted by tfoolry View Post
    People ARE excited about this game around here. Outside of NCG, this is the best game in best facility on better night (Friday) between two top 10 teams from two best conferences and includes the Heisman winner. Personally, I'm ****ing sick & tired of hearing about aTm, Johnny football & SEC from co-workers so more than ready for this. And don't let them fool you about confidence as they expected to blow out texass in Cotton Bowl but they promptly shut the **** up after they found out they were going up against OU. They may run their mouths on message boards but they aint saying shit in public right now. Jan. 4 can't come soon enough.
    #11 Oklahoma is not in the top 10...

Troll on, Aggie

Originally Posted by 2SBTM View Post
    Troll on, Aggie
    How is that trolling? OU isn't a top 10 team. If anything you're trolling this guy.

SoonerBounce Guest
    How is that trolling? OU isn't a top 10 team. If anything you're trolling this guy.

They aren't a top 10 team b/c of how messed up the polls are. It's a joke that LSU and Georgia are ahead of OU.

Its irrelevant anyways b/c after OU wins, they will be ranked in the top 10 and A&M will be out of the top 10

They aren't a top 10 team b/c of how messed up the polls are. It's a joke that LSU and Georgia are ahead of OU.

Its irrelevant anyways b/c after OU wins, they will be ranked in the top 10 and A&M will be out of the top 10
    With OU's weak conference schedule and ZERO impressive wins, it is a joke that they are top 15. LSU and Georgia >>>>> Oklahoma.

According to ESPN OU is the most prestigious college football program of all time.

It can only serve as motivation for us to hear some Johnny come lately from Texas trying to degrade us in any way.

With OU's weak conference schedule and ZERO impressive wins, it is a joke that they are top 15. LSU and Georgia >>>>> Oklahoma.
    Strength of schedules: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt12.htm

Come again, TrollFaWx?
    2 users like Jason's post: Turk, Widescreen

LOL This guy already sounds like a SEC dick sucker...probably was spouting how strong the Big 12 was were they were getting their asses whipped in it year-in and year-out

Originally Posted by tfoolry View Post
    I am excited for this bowl...I am going to attend it and I am ready to watch OU kick their asses...while Johnny Football is sucking the dicks of the Jonas Brothers and James Harden...Landry Jones and OU are getting ready to whip some ass...I am excited!

barely finishing in the top ten and you're having a parade ... after we beat your **** ass in the cotton bowl, we'll still consider our year average.

you guys were an embarrassment in the big 12, only team in texas that horns can call "they're ****", finish middle of the pack sec and you want to throw confetti .... pathetic.