Heaven vs. Hell Question

Posted 486 day(s) ago by XxSuBLiMexX8208 Views 292 Replies
Page 5 of 6 3 4 5 6
    vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    once again, just trolling. being an insensitive ****.
    first person that I will be putting on ignore in my message board existence. you really add nothing as a poster, not even entertainment. atleast socali can be entertaining as an ****
    I wonder if I hit a nerve... guess I will never know.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    Nah, I don't think so.. the question that I truly wonder is... how many felons are in "Heaven"? And how many good people are in "Hell"?
    You don't think what?

vCash

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    You don't think what?
    I don't think so.

I don't think so.
    and "so" means what exactly?

vCash

This thread is ready to be locked.
    2 users like OUMallen's post: Coach, Gary Manilow

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    except we're not on ouinsider anymore...
    The following users like this post: XxSuBLiMexX

Should have been locked at post #1
    2 users like Teo9969's post: hOUrricane, pphilfran

vCash

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    except we're not on ouinsider anymore...
    Exactly. For better or worse, the nonsense shall carry on.

vCash

Don't hate the game, hate the player. lolz

Don't hate the game, hate the player. lolz
    No. Reject the parameters of the question. Ask better questions.

i knew what he meant....i'm pretty sure you did too

vCash

Let me be honest for one second, I like to see where my mindless inquiries lead. In this case, we made it 5 pages.

vCash

i knew what he meant....i'm pretty sure you did too
    You knew I misplaced the words on purpose and added a lolz to piss Teo off?

You knew I misplaced the words on purpose and added a lolz to piss Teo off?
    no...you're stupid question in the op

vCash

no...you're stupid question in the op
    I am stupid question in the op?

vCash

Let me be honest for one second, I like to see where my mindless inquiries lead. In this case, we made it 5 pages.
    Will it make 6?

vCash

For the record, forgetting context or board history, I though the original question posed in this thread is a good one. I've not heard any of my religious friends comment on the CT shooting, so I joined in to ask some questions I'd like to have answered.

Wrong place for that obviously.

I am stupid question in the op?
    yes...you are

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    For the record, forgetting context or board history, I though the original question posed in this thread is a good one. I've not heard any of my religious friends comment on the CT shooting, so I joined in to ask some questions I'd like to have answered.

Wrong place for that obviously.
    it's a good question if you don't know and truly want to know....
    it's not a good question from someone like subslime....who already knows everything about God/christianity...and just like to throw feces on christians...

vCash

thought it to be an honest question about my faith. most people, i believe, don't fully understand why "God" would allow such a thing to happen. What people fail to take into account is the overriding War between God and Satan. I do mean WAR. When you look at why we were created, who "we" are to replace and why the need for Christ it might change a perspective.

Simply put.....

God had a family of Angels.
    Lucifer was his Chief Angel. Lucifer became jealous and attempted to overthrow God. God threw him out and a 1/3 of God's Angels followed Lucifer, now Satan, in rebellion. Those Angels are now referred to as Demons....(Duh).
    Adam and Eve were created to birth a new family for God to replace HIS children that rebelled and attempted to Kill Him. Think of how something like this affect your family. This act of creation created an hatred unbridled, not even the Hatfields and McCoys can come close, in Satan for Man. Man is set to sit in the family chair that Satan and his Demons once sat. Replacing them for all eternity, wiping them from existence. Satan hates man/woman for this very fact but desires to deceive as many as possible in hopes of Defeating God and/or taking as many with him to Hell.
    When Satan deceived Adam and Eve, Satans sin was transferred into Man. Man has since had the blood line of sin from Satan since Adam and Eve. This is the reason for Christ and his crucifixion to cleanse the blood of Man.
    God, by his agreement of law with Satan, will accept ALL those who repent of their sins and accept Christ as Savior. The very fact that God allows anyone even at their last breath to truly repent and be saved enrages Satan against Man and God. Here a Man/Woman could possibly sin all their life and at deaths door Truly repent and be snatched from Satans hand.

Unfortunately, many think well I will just do what I want and at the end say please take me. God knows the heart of men and women and He says do not tempt Him. No one knows when we will die so do you want to take the "risk" especially if you are "feeling" like something is calling you.

just my two cents

vCash

Originally Posted by OUSchitzo View Post
    God, by his agreement of law with Satan, will accept ALL those who repent of their sins and accept Christ as Savior. The very fact that God allows anyone even at their last breath to truly repent and be saved enrages Satan against Man and God. Here a Man/Woman could possibly sin all their life and at deaths door Truly repent and be snatched from Satans hand.
    Interesting take, one I haven't heard in a long time. Appreciated.

vCash

funny how atheists think they're so intelligent....
    yet they don't know what the bible really says about judging/condemning
    Funny how you think im an atheist. Perhaps you could use a dictionary.

vCash

and this is why nobody takes your questions seriously and judges you by your "cover"
    There actually is some historic evidence that suggests Jesus may have survived crucifiction. Not that I expect christians to put any stock into historic evidence.

just stop. nobody thinks you are funny. you just make yourself look like an ignorant ass
    I think sub is pretty freakin funny. Please stop speaking for others.

vCash

Interesting take, one I haven't heard in a long time. Appreciated.
    It might be a little poetic license but it gets the point across to people. Some theology suggest God did not give Angels the gift of choice. God told Satan that he would make a people and give those the right to choose between God and Satan. Another thing that Satan hates man for is his/her right of Choice to choose between God and Satan. Since God states his word is His bond, or law,

Not really. It is a great thread, too bad you disagree and while you can disagree no one is compelling you to post. If you dont like the thread, stay away from it.

impressive logic....
    are you going to post pics of your doctorate degree next?
    Only if you post pictures of you picketing at funerals with "God hates s" sign.

Originally Posted by OUSchitzo View Post
    thought it to be an honest question about my faith. most people, i believe, don't fully understand why "God" would allow such a thing to happen. What people fail to take into account is the overriding War between God and Satan. I do mean WAR. When you look at why we were created, who "we" are to replace and why the need for Christ it might change a perspective.

Simply put.....

God had a family of Angels.
    Lucifer was his Chief Angel. Lucifer became jealous and attempted to overthrow God. God threw him out and a 1/3 of God's Angels followed Lucifer, now Satan, in rebellion. Those Angels are now referred to as Demons....(Duh).
    Adam and Eve were created to birth a new family for God to replace HIS children that rebelled and attempted to Kill Him. Think of how something like this affect your family. This act of creation created an hatred unbridled, not even the Hatfields and McCoys can come close, in Satan for Man. Man is set to sit in the family chair that Satan and his Demons once sat. Replacing them for all eternity, wiping them from existence. Satan hates man/woman for this very fact but desires to deceive as many as possible in hopes of Defeating God and/or taking as many with him to Hell.
    When Satan deceived Adam and Eve, Satans sin was transferred into Man. Man has since had the blood line of sin from Satan since Adam and Eve. This is the reason for Christ and his crucifixion to cleanse the blood of Man.

Unfortunately, many think well I will just do what I want and at the end say please take me. God knows the heart of men and women and He says do not tempt Him. No one knows when we will die so do you want to take the "risk" especially if you are "feeling" like something is calling you.

just my two cents
    This Satan story sits well and good until you start saying that God is all knowing, all powerful entity. Which you(your book) do. Which implies he/she/it can control and destroy Satan when needed.

Now that means one of two things:

i) God can destroy Satan but wont for whatever(sick) reason.

ii) God isnt all powerful as you seem to suggest.

Which one is it?

Also regarding your reference to God's "contract" with Satan. Even America(that isnt all powerfull and all knowing) has the common sense and a policy to not deal or get into contract with terrorists(who arent as bad as Satan).

Why does God?

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    Not really. It is a great thread, too bad you disagree and while you can disagree no one is compelling you to post. If you dont like the thread, stay away from it.
    Oh hush. The thread itself is probably fine. It's the intent it was started with that is annoying more than anything. And it's annoying when you call people on their bullshit and they ****foot around until they finally admit "yeah, I was trolling".

It makes it hard to get into a thread when the first 20 posts are meaningless because it's essentially trolling. If he had started the thread with good intent, it would probably be shorter and more enjoyable.

But it's not my forum, and it's not that big of a deal. I had fun getting Sublime to admit he was trolling after saying he wasn't trolling.
    The following users like this post: URNotserious

Oh hush. The thread itself is probably fine. It's the intent it was started with that is annoying more than anything. And it's annoying when you call people on their bullshit and they ****foot around until they finally admit "yeah, I was trolling".

It makes it hard to get into a thread when the first 20 posts are meaningless because it's essentially trolling. If he had started the thread with good intent, it would probably be shorter and more enjoyable.

But it's not my forum, and it's not that big of a deal. I had fun getting Sublime to admit he was trolling after saying he wasn't trolling.
    Inspite of his trolling post and a question with a predefined answer, there's always great discussion that results in his religion based threads. Much better than bounce's what shaving cream to use threads....

vCash

This Satan story sits well and good until you start saying that God is all knowing, all powerful entity. Which you(your book) do. Which implies he/she/it can control and destroy Satan when needed.

Which one is it?

Also regarding your reference to God's "contract" with Satan. Even America(that isnt all powerfull and all knowing) has the common sense and a policy to not deal or get into contract with terrorists(who arent as bad as Satan).

Why does God?
    That's a good question I'd like answered.

vCash

THIS. Also something I could never reconcile. The other possibility, of course, is that God in this context doesn't exist and Satan is fictional. And Satan is created to explain away evil acts.

vCash

THIS. Also something I could never reconcile. The other possibility, of course, is that God in this context doesn't exist and Satan is fictional. And Satan is created to explain away evil acts.
    Why do we even need a Satan concept since man is inherently flawed and sinful?

vCash

Why do we even need a Satan concept since man is inherently flawed and sinful?
    Society needs a reason to explain the motivation behind evil acts, as just being flawed and sinful can't cover the scope of all evil done.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    There actually is some historic evidence that suggests Jesus may have survived crucifiction. Not that I expect christians to put any stock into historic evidence.
    I would love to see what "historics evidence" there is for this

I think sub is pretty freakin funny. Please stop speaking for others.
    you and a few others enjoy him. congrats

vCash

I've always wondered, why do atheists always bring up religion?

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    I've always wondered, why do atheists always bring up religion?
    because they're independent thinkers......and highly intelligent
    The following users like this post: oucub23

vCash

because they're independent thinkers......and highly intelligent
    Yea! And people of faith are ignorant and dumb!

Next question

Which one is it?
    a better question is why do you think you are in a position to judge God's motives...
    you could worship God or avoid sin....but for some sick reason you won't
    everything God does is for His glory.....as an atheist...you should be able to relate to that concept

Why does God?
    God has a contract (covenant) with man....

vCash

I wonder if I hit a nerve... guess I will never know.
    You're always hitting nerves...hope you're not a dentist.
    The following users like this post: XxSuBLiMexX

vCash

Heaven vs. Hell Question

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    Yea! And people of faith are ignorant and dumb!

Next question
    I'd love reading your (and/or 87's) thoughts about the questions URNotserious posed above.

Heaven vs. Hell Question

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    I'd love reading your (and/or 87's) thoughts about the questions URNotserious posed above.
    The Matrix.

vCash

a better question is why do you think you are in a position to judge God's motives...
    everything God does is for His glory.....as an atheist...you should be able to relate to that concept
    Is this why you are a devout worshiper of Allah?

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Is this why you are a devout worshiper of Allah?
    come on sanch......you're an independent thinking genius oozing with original thought......that the best you can do?

vCash

That doesn't actually answer the posed question. If God is all powerful and all knowing, and by extension capable of wiping Satan (and by that measurable, evil) out, why doesn't God do that?

Self described agnostic geniunely curious of your view(s) and not attempting to entice a riot.

That doesn't actually answer the posed question. If God is all powerful and all knowing, and by extension capable of wiping Satan (and by that measurable, evil) out, why doesn't God do that?

Self described agnostic geniunely curious of your view(s) and not attempting to entice a riot.
    i wasn't trying to answer the question...because i honestly don't know and i don't give it much thought...
    while schitzo's narrative above is interesting ....i don't think it's biblically accurate...
    all we have is the bible and i'm not aware of any scripture that explains God's motives wrt satan's continued existance....
    altho it does say that upon Jesus' return...He will defeat sin/satan for a period of time....
    i think this is one of those things man will never know/understand....
    and i don't think it matters at all....
    the only thing that concerns me is God's covenant through Jesus Christ...
    if you want to waste time worrying about God's motives for allowing sin/satan ......knock yourself out....

vCash

Schitzo's story above sounds like some of aesops fables (How the leapard got it's spots)... Perhaps it's just a story needed to explain why people do bad things, perhaps allowing Satan to exist is part of the free will G-D gave us (is there really free will if there is only "good?), perhaps there are some reasons we will never fully understand. There can never be an answer to those questions that makes sense because evil doesn't make sense. I can't believe I'm going to quote and agree with 87; but

Originally Posted by 87sooner
    if you want to waste time worrying about God's motives for allowing sin/satan ......knock yourself out....

vCash

These are good.... if you like pseudohistory. I thought we were looking at historical information.

"can survive" and "did survive" are two different things. One can survive a car crash; but that doesn't stop 40,000 or Americans from dying in one every year.

vCash

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    These are good.... if you like pseudohistory. I thought we were looking at historical information.

"can survive" and "did survive" are two different things. One can survive a car crash; but that doesn't stop 40,000 or Americans from dying in one every year.
    Thats why said "There actually is some historic evidence that suggests Jesus may have survived crucifixion."

If you care to read Holy Blood, Holy Grail the argument is outlined very clearly based on fairly recent archaeological findings. If you want me to go back to the dark ages and find this info in textbooks you read in school... I cant do that.