Firefighters Killed as Arsonist Ambushed Them...

Posted 666 day(s) ago by Irish_Sooner3494 Views 121 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Sounds about right to me. (It would be up to a jury to make that determination, though.)

WTF is your avatar, BTW?
    prolly be up to the da first dont'cha think?

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    It is a magna pinna squid we encountered at our work site about 1.5 miles deep in the Gulf of Mexico last month.
    Holy crap.

The law loves you and wants to encourage you to be safe. Not to play Cop. Think of it this way: if you get in a yelling match on the street with someone and you shove him, but he trips accidentally and hits his head and you put him in a coma...are you liable, even though you didn't mean to do that? I believe so.
    My brother got into this situation. Knocked a bouncer out in a bar parking lot, when he fell backwards he hit his head on the curb, messed him up really bad (some type of brain damage). He was charged with felony assault. After spending thousands on an attorney and eye witness/video showing the bouncer instigated it as my brother was trying to leave the bar, it was pled down to a misdemeanor simple assault (or something like that). He does have a mandatory "cooling down" period when he tries to buy a gun now.

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    My brother got into this situation. Knocked a bouncer out in a bar parking lot, when he fell backwards he hit his head on the curb, messed him up really bad (some type of brain damage). He was charged with felony assault. After spending thousands on an attorney and eye witness/video showing the bouncer instigated it as my brother was trying to leave the bar, it was pled down to a misdemeanor simple assault (or something like that). He does have a mandatory "cooling down" period when he tries to buy a gun now.
    I'm glad you guys got it worked down to something a little more reasonable/manageable. Little purpose is served by responding to an accidental tragedy with an extreme punishment to someone in an unlucky situation.

I would take that as able to use force up until you feel deadly force would be necessary to prevent bodily harm or death....such as after beating the vehicle with the crowbar he starts striking the windshield and/or windows. I would feel he has intent to cause me or other persons great bodily harm.
    I think you are correct...but I would still be hesitant given the chance it might go to a jury.

It is a magna pinna squid we encountered at our work site about 1.5 miles deep in the Gulf of Mexico last month.
    I never knew what that was...pretty cool and at around 8,000' that's pretty amazing...think of the pressures there.

Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    I never knew what that was...pretty cool and at around 8,000' that's pretty amazing...think of the pressures there.
    That's what I was thinking. Sheesh.

I'm glad you guys got it worked down to something a little more reasonable/manageable. Little purpose is served by responding to an accidental tragedy with an extreme punishment to someone in an unlucky situation.
    Definitely a scary deal for in an all the way around bad situation. He of course didn't even want the misdemeanor, but in the grand scheme just take the slap on the wrist and be done with it.

Agreed. You put it much more succinctly than I did.
    I doubt that but thanks anyway.

So this **** was paroled after serving 15 years for MANSLAUGHTER for killing his 92 year grandmother with a HAMMER and all we're hearing is what kind of gun he used. Who the **** let this freak out of jail?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    So this **** was paroled after serving 15 years for MANSLAUGHTER for killing his 92 year grandmother with a HAMMER and all we're hearing is what kind of gun he used. Who the **** let this freak out of jail?
    He had been rehabilitated.

Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    He had been rehabilitated.
    Well at least he got over the hammer issue.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Well at least he got over the hammer issue.
    And that's what rehabbing is all about...getting you to move on.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

they also found human remains in the shooter's house.....believed to be his sister

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    they also found human remains in the shooter's house.....believed to be his sister
    Not surprising since he hated his sister.

2 users like SoonerArtillery's post: Fahooglegods, jdmt37

Firefighters Killed as Arsonist Ambushed Them...

I'm PRETTY SURE that your vehicle is an extension of your home in the state of Oklahoma. If you're in your car during an attack, the law reads the same as if you're in your house.

So if I'm in the driver seat and my window is bashed in by a crowbar, using deadly force to end the attack is seen as reasonable.

No idea if there are past examples of people mugging others while unarmed met with deadly force, so I'm not sure how it would be seen.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is Oklahoma's stand your ground law

http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...p?citeid=69782

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    I'm PRETTY SURE that your vehicle is an extension of your home in the state of Oklahoma. If you're in your car during an attack, the law reads the same as if you're in your house.

So if I'm in the driver seat and my window is bashed in by a crowbar, using deadly force to end the attack is seen as reasonable.

No idea if there are past examples of people mugging others while unarmed met with deadly force, so I'm not sure how it would be seen.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm sure it's happened at some point, probably every year, but I can't seem to remember any news stories like that...

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Depends on where you are, you have to follow the laws of the state you are in....not sure what Oklahoma's statutes state, but in Kansas you can protect that woman with deadly force....

Kansas.....always Kansas...
    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    Kansas.....always Kansas...
    I'll kill a mutha ****a!