Jan 11 Visitors

Posted 724 day(s) ago 15486 Views 137 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    Last edited by usaosooner; January 7th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

Justice Hansen will be there.

updated

KD Cannon... According to this free write up, at the bottom in the notes

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1452635

what about these uncommited recruits:
    Tyus Bowser DE: John TYler,Tx
    Andrew Billings DL: Waco High
    Mike Mitchel LB: Prestonwood (Dallas private school)

Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    what about these uncommited recruits:
    Tyus Bowser DE: John TYler,Tx
    Andrew Billings DL: Waco High
    Mike Mitchel LB: Prestonwood (Dallas private school)
    Don't know anything about Bowser, but OU appears done with DE this year
    Billings would be an awesome get, but OU got in too late--looks like Texas or Baylor
    Mitchel is going to tOSU according to recruiting-world common wisdom

Austin Schlottmann - Offensive Tackle - Brenham, TX will be there.
    The following users like this post: usaosooner

any more news on the Jr.day?

mother f'er ... is justice hansen the son of dusty hansen ... that was my boy back in the day in college and i meet his son when he was a baby.

I assume Odogwu is no longer attending, given that he just verballed to the co-caines.

Updated

Re: Jan 11 Visitors/Jan 12 Jr Day Thread

The OL from Dallas Skyline was tweeting the other day about attending

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    The OL from Dallas Skyline was tweeting the other day about attending

Ty Barrett?

Nathan Starks and Steven Parker were both invited, but haven't confirmed yet if they'll make it in.

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    Nathan Starks and Steven Parker were both invited, but haven't confirmed yet if they'll make it in.
    If we land Starks and Hansen in 2014, whom I think we will, our talent at QB and RB will just sick, and the best in the country.

Yeah..couldn't think of his name at the time..he was also talking with Jamal Adams about if he was going

how good are Ty Barret, Nathan Starks & Steven Parker, & where are they from? ALso, how do we look with those guys?

how good are Ty Barret, Nathan Starks & Steven Parker, & where are they from? ALso, how do we look with those guys?
    Don't know how good but Barrett Dallas skyline Parker jenks and Starks bishop gorman in Las Vegas

Nate Starks, from DeMarco Murray's HS in Las Vegas, is one of the very best backs in the nation. He will be a high 4 or 5 star RB, and he's VERY high on OU.

Ty Barrett - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Barrett-137694
    Nathan Starks - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Starks-120666
    Steven Parker - http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/foo...-Parker-140972

Barrett is hard to read, seems like it will be an OU vs A&M battle for him. He'll be a four star and is a good prospect.

Starks is a top 5 RB in the nation. Grew up an OU fan and loves Murray and AD. Early leaders seem to be OU, USC, and UT.

Parker is a stud DB. Body size leads you to believe he'll be a Safety but has the hips and speed to be a large shut down corner. Has been to campus multiple times and almost committed to OU already.

WR Nick Alexander according to @Perroni and @jcshurburtt

espn recruiting guy thinks Starks will commit on jr. day. Would be awesome to lock both him and steven parker in that weekend
    The following users like this post: 2SBTM

Originally Posted by cscsooner View Post
    espn recruiting guy thinks Starks will commit on jr. day. Would be awesome to lock both him and steven parker in that weekend
    Be still my heart! How about Justice Hansen as well. Just sick, sick talent at RB and QB. I think we get Cochrane and Walker, the latter should commit on his visit.

Updated with confirmed attendees

updated

Jan 11 Visitors/Jan 12 Jr Day Thread

What's the chance of Cornwell making it in?

atalk

Originally Posted by 2SBTM View Post
    What's the chance of Cornwell making it in?

atalk
    I think I saw over on rivals that he hadn't been invited yet. Idk if he will be invited or if they'll put full focus on Hansen and possibly offer Hansen at the Jr day.

Jan 11 Visitors/Jan 12 Jr Day Thread

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    I think I saw over on rivals that he hadn't been invited yet. Idk if he will be invited or if they'll put full focus on Hansen and possibly offer Hansen at the Jr day.
    I just asked him. No invite and didn't even know about it... Smh

atalk

I think we're getting Starks' verbal next weekend, and I optimistic we'll have Hansen before too long.

Cameron Hampton is coming in supposively...Only to probably commit to the Aggies while he is here

Last edited by pillmanj; January 6th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.

@LJBouncyMoore Official Visit This Weekend To The University Of Oklahoma #Blessed

Josh Mcuitsitosnss is reporting big changes to the Junior Day this weekend but behind a pay wall.

Originally Posted by 2SBTM View Post
    Josh Mcuitsitosnss is reporting big changes to the Junior Day this weekend but behind a pay wall.
    We're pushing back the "Jr Day" part of it. Rescheduling it. Its going to just be an official visitors weekend now. Josh thinks their is some 2013 kids coming we dont know about yet

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    We're pushing back the "Jr Day" part of it. Rescheduling it. Its going to just be an official visitors weekend now. Josh thinks their is some 2013 kids coming we dont know about yet
    Kinda what I figured by reading through the convo on twitter. Thanks man

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Then I really missunderstood that part of it. Regardless, it's kinda crappy to postpone something that has been scheduled. That probably makes it a little harder for kids to reschedule the junior day.

thinking probably is that alot of the Junior day kids are more local guys. So they could re-schedule alot easier than guys from out of state like California could.

Bob P(something no one can pronounce, not even the man himself) on SoonerNation is saying this is bad. Is it just being postponed or is there something else going on?

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Bob P(something no one can pronounce, not even the man himself) on SoonerNation is saying this is bad. Is it just being postponed or is there something else going on?
    According to tweets from OU followers OU wants to put all their effort on the '13 guys that are coming in.

Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    According to tweets from OU followers OU wants to put all their effort on the '13 guys that are coming in.
    Can't you do both? Seems like a gigantic cluster **** on our part. I seriously doubt that the 2014 kids are going to appreciate this. But who knows.
    2 users like nolesooner's post: 2SBTM, OnlyOne

Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    Can't you do both? Seems like a gigantic cluster **** on our part. I seriously doubt that the 2014 kids are going to appreciate this. But who knows.
    No you can't; not with so many coming in both categories.

Kind of what I was thinking. Hopefully it doesn't piss off the '14 recruits. Lets face it, OU needs a monster class out of that bunch.

This is what you don't want to see, the failures of this recruiting class impacting the next.

Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Kind of what I was thinking. Hopefully it doesn't piss off the '14 recruits. Lets face it, OU needs a monster class out of that bunch.
    this is exactly what i thought. we heard reports all year about coaches not staying in contact with guys, forgetting about certain guys, etc and now when we finally seem to be getting it together and getting a head start on next year's recruiting class, we have to cancel it so coaches can try and salvage aka focus on this year's class. after all the things we have already heard about recruiting this year, this sure doesn't look good on our coaching staff (again).

I'm really sick and tired of all the WTF moments our coaches seem to have.

We figure to get commitments out of Walker and Young. Anybody else we have a chance with?

Re: Jan 11 Visitors

I feel sorry for anyone that signs with us

Jan 11 Visitors

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    No you can't; not with so many coming in both categories.
    What kind of circus is OU running? If the junior day is predicated on how many show up for visits, why even schedule them on the same day?

This is ****ing second rate business planning.

What kind of circus is OU running? If the junior day is predicated on how many show up for visits, why even schedule them on the same day?

you know nole ... i pump sunshine as much as possible but you're right ... for whatever reason, rescheduling at this point in time (i don't care if they were ALL driving from norman) isn't a good early message to the kids. It's not the end of the world but it doesn't help.

You're an idiot. You have NO idea what you are talking about. Do your homework and leave the computers to the adults.

Jan 11 Visitors

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    You're an idiot. You have NO idea what you are talking about. Do your homework and leave the computers to the adults.
    Ok I'll leave "the computers" and the internets to dumbfucks like you.

I don't even know what the **** your comment means. OU is rescheduling a junior day that they have has planned for quite a while, so they can sure up a somewhat pitiful class for 2013. But I'm sure you're up to date on all the recruiting news so I'm sure you've got a strong feeling on the 2013 that have a chance of committing.

News flash: suck my balls ****.