My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

Posted 695 day(s) ago 3054 Views 79 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 80
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,231
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    ****ing thieves stole my stereo system, ripped my dashboard apart, and my passenger side rear window is busted. Fortunately they didn't steal my programmer or my rims and to think living in a gated apartment complex wold prevent shit like this from happening.




    The following users like this post: XxSuBLiMexX


  2. #2

  3. #3
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Did you walk outside and say "like a good neighbor State Farm is there"?
    4 users like Coach's post: azwe, CookiePuss, Sooners2007, Turk


  4. #4
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,231
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    At least they didn't steal your fuzzy dice.
    I know, right?

  5. #5
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    These were some kind thieves. They busted out the back window which is cheaper to replace than the front. They were thinking of of you man.
    2 users like Coach's post: CookiePuss, greensooner


  6. #6
    People still steal stereos?

  7. #7
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,689
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    These were some kind thieves. They busted out the back window which is cheaper to replace than the front. They were thinking of of you man.
    Christmas spirit?

  8. #8
    Had to be pretty desperate to do that in this cold!

  9. #9

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Que the 'I have a car stereo for sale' thread.
    7 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: CookiePuss, El Jefe, hOUrricane, Julz, McRib, oorah_okie, Yatahaze


  10. #10
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Christmas spirit?
    They definitely had the spirit of Jesus in their heart. I am sure that a very needy person will end up with that stereo.

  11. #11
    We two vehicles broken into over a three week period, a few years ago. They took the DVD player out of the ceiling of one - and again after it was replaced.
    We learned our lesson and left the DVD player in the box in the garage for 3-4 months. I also typed up signs for each car window (we are not replacing the DVD player) and we taped it in the windows each night for months. They tried breaking into my vehicle, but I don't keep anything in their to steal.

  12. #12
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,319
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma View Post
    We two vehicles broken into over a three week period, a few years ago. They took the DVD player out of the ceiling of one - and again after it was replaced.
    We learned our lesson and left the DVD player in the box in the garage for 3-4 months. I also typed up signs for each car window (we are not replacing the DVD player) and we taped it in the windows each night for months. They tried breaking into my vehicle, but I don't keep anything in their to steal.
    So you have a garage, but leave your vehicles outside to get broken into???? Twice???


    3 users like MikeLucky's post: CookiePuss, Fahooglegods, URNotserious


  13. #13
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma View Post
    We two vehicles broken into over a three week period, a few years ago. They took the DVD player out of the ceiling of one - and again after it was replaced.
    We learned our lesson and left the DVD player in the box in the garage for 3-4 months. I also typed up signs for each car window (we are not replacing the DVD player) and we taped it in the windows each night for months. They tried breaking into my vehicle, but I don't keep anything in their to steal.
    This reminded me of a story.
    When we first moved to the metro we had to move our 5th wheel to a storage facility. We choose a place on the east side of Yukon by the Kilpatrick. It was close to our house and offered covered parking. The two nights before we moved it in there several campers were broken into. My wife didn't want to park it there but I wasn't worried. I took some newspaper and duct tape and taped up one of the windows as if it had been broken into. The thieves came back 2 weeks later to break into more campers and mine was left untouched. You have to out smart there asses and I'm guessing most of the time they aren't very smart.

  14. #14
    Dude. That sucks. Sorry, man.

    I had my truck broken into a few years ago in Norman. But, these guys were pros. Snipped all the wiring and took the bolted down amp, and subs. They left my iPod so I couldn't track them, and jacked the aux cord and deck. They closed and locked the doors back so it didn't look suspicious.

    I was pissed, but also fairly impressed. Apparently, they hit about 20 cars/trucks, and took off to the next town. It was in the campus paper.

  15. #15
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,689
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Que the 'I have a car stereo for sale' thread.
    * Cue

  16. #16
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,319
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    * Cue
    *Queue

  17. #17
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,231
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    People still steal stereos?
    This is what they stole. Not exactly cheap either.


  18. #18
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    This is what they stole. Not exactly cheap either.

    Is there a deductible for theft? I'm sure there is.

  19. #19
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,231
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Is there a deductible for theft? I'm sure there is.
    I ****ing hope so. I still have all the parts from the factory stereo so I can just go to my local Ford dealership and have them install it for me while I figure out what do in replacing what I pictured above.

  20. #20
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,689
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    *Queue
    Debatable. The way I read it, RF&E was using it like it is used as a signal, i.e., "Cue the lights" vs. putting something into a line, i.e, "Queue up for the show".

  21. #21
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    I ****ing hope so. I still have all the parts from the factory stereo so I can just go to my local Ford dealership and have them install it for me while I figure out what do in replacing what I pictured above.
    No you hope there is no deductible. A deductible is basically what you have out of pocket. If your damage is $1500 and you have a $1000 deductible then all you get from the Ins Co is $500.

  22. #22
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,319
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Debatable. The way I read it, RF&E was using it like it is used as a signal, i.e., "Cue the lights" vs. putting something into a line, i.e, "Queue up for the show".
    Debatable indeed... either works, but mine was a better word, and worth more in Scrabble.

    I mean, if you are going to keep correcting people's grammar/spelling, you should at least bring some flare to the table, right?

  23. #23
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    I ****ing hope so. I still have all the parts from the factory stereo so I can just go to my local Ford dealership and have them install it for me while I figure out what do in replacing what I pictured above.
    also it's going to save you a lot of money by not going to the dealer to have them install your stereo. You probably could do it yourself if you tried.

  24. #24
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,231
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    No you hope there is no deductible. A deductible is basically what you have out of pocket. If your damage is $1500 and you have a $1000 deductible then all you get from the Ins Co is $500.
    The window will cost me 100 to replace (I know some people) and my head unit cost me 400 at the time I purchased it and another 50 for installation.

  25. #25
    mexican/ninja's Avatar
    Posts
    7,942
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In pain

    No car alarm, eh? Don't be poor.
    3 users like mexican/ninja's post: Coach, CookiePuss, DHF


  26. #26
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    The window will cost me 100 to replace (I know some people) and my head unit cost me 400 at the time I purchased it and another 50 for installation.
    Well if you turn it in to your ins don't go with the lowest bid.

  27. #27
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,231
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    No car alarm, eh? Don't be poor.
    I was going to get myself one, but held off on it. Might make some arrangements now to get one installed this weekend since this happened.

  28. #28
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,689
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Debatable indeed... either works, but mine was a better word, and worth more in Scrabble.

    I mean, if you are going to keep correcting people's grammar/spelling, you should at least bring some flare to the table, right?
    Yeah, flare is good.

  29. #29
    lauderdaleOU's Avatar
    Posts
    4,203
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    M Streets

    Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    No car alarm, eh? Don't be poor.
    I would suggest not owning after market stereos. Get the factory installed upgrades.. oh, and don't be poor

  30. #30
    Sucks man. Had some stuff stolen from me twice while I was in Norman. Hate thieves

  31. #31
    Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    I would suggest not owning after market stereos. Get the factory installed upgrades.. oh, and don't be poor
    i've owned exactly one aftermarket car stereo.....and it was stolen when i lived in norman
    the factory stuff works fine for me..

  32. #32
    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    *Queue
    3 users like ThievingMagpie's post: Bernie Madoff, BoulderSooner, MikeLucky


  33. #33
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,670
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    I've had windows busted out twice to steal stereos at my parents place in north Edmond. I just started leaving a door unlocked hoping that they would just let themselves in to find my factory stereo and nothing else. The broken window was more of an annoyance than the stereo.
    The following users like this post: pbc2003


  34. #34
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    23,621
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Debatable. The way I read it, RF&E was using it like it is used as a signal, i.e., "Cue the lights" vs. putting something into a line, i.e, "Queue up for the show".
    ¿Que?

  35. #35
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,689
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    ¿Que?
    Exactly

  36. #36
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,689
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by ThievingMagpie View Post
    * Q

  37. #37
    drumhead23us's Avatar
    Posts
    9,742
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tornado Alley

    Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    No car alarm, eh? Don't be poor.
    In all seriousness, car alarms don't do a whole hell of a lot to protect you. If they see something they want (like the fancy-looking head unit Dan has) thieves aren't going to let a little noise stop their desperate asses. Think about how many times you've heard car alarms go off and completely ignored it. It's the boy who cried wolf.

  38. #38
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    3,056
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    My Truck Was Broken Into Overnight

    Why I park in the garage.

  39. #39
    Getting car shit stolen is a major hassle. In norman a few years back I guess I left my car unlocked b/c idk how else they broke in, ended up stealing my bolted down sub box under my seat, radar detector, ipod, cd's, etc. but somehow didn't take my headunit which would have been really easy to take if they tried a little harder.

    Hope you get it all worked out.

  40. #40
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,231
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    In all seriousness, car alarms don't do a whole hell of a lot to protect you. If they see something they want (like the fancy-looking head unit Dan has) thieves aren't going to let a little noise stop their desperate asses. Think about how many times you've heard car alarms go off and completely ignored it. It's the boy who cried wolf.
    All my windows are tinted so I don't see how they would know what would be inside. They probably saw my truck with the 22" rims and immediately thought I had some high dollar tech inside and welp..... they guessed right.

  41. #41
    Hey...I ws watching Dora at the time.

  42. #42
    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Debatable. The way I read it, RF&E was using it like it is used as a signal, i.e., "Cue the lights" vs. putting something into a line, i.e, "Queue up for the show".
    Not debatable.. you are correct sir.

  43. #43
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,319
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    Not debatable.. you are correct sir.
    No, it really is debatable...
    The following users like this post: xunil


  44. #44
    oudavid1's Avatar
    Posts
    4,838
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Oklahoma City

    I am lucky to have a garage.

  45. #45
    Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post
    I am lucky to have a garage.
    did you win it?

  46. #46
    oudavid1's Avatar
    Posts
    4,838
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    did you win it?
    Born into the right family. I'd call that a win.

  47. #47
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,319
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post
    Born into the right family. I'd call that a win.
    Well, just because you were born on 3rd base, doesn't mean you should act like you hit a triple...
    The following users like this post: LetsgoSooners82


  48. #48
    oudavid1's Avatar
    Posts
    4,838
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Well, just because you were born on 3rd base, doesn't mean you should act like you hit a triple...
    I dont. I know I am lucky. That's why I work hard.

  49. #49
    MikeLucky's Avatar
    Posts
    3,319
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

    Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post
    I dont. I know I am lucky. That's why I work hard.
    No, actually you DO act like it... Whether you work hard or not, it's all lost when you present yourself as a total doosh.

  50. #50
    oudavid1's Avatar
    Posts
    4,838
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    No, actually you DO act like it... Whether you work hard or not, it's all lost when you present yourself as a total doosh.
    On the internet.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 9th, 2014, 04:40 AM
  2. Broken PS4s
    By SoonerBeerSnob in forum Entertainment & Tech
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: November 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: November 6th, 2013, 07:44 PM
  4. Broken Twitter
    By McRib in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: July 31st, 2012, 11:40 PM