Change the Outcome of one game during the Stoops era - which would it be?

Posted 602 day(s) ago 3261 Views 99 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

2001 OSU

2003 Big XII Champ vs. KSU

2003 BCS Championship vs. LSU

2005 UT

TGOWWDNS?

2008 BCS Championship vs UF

2012 ND

2012 KSU

Other?

My vote is the 2003 BCS Championship vs. LSU.

BOOMER

2008 BCS its more relevant
    The following users like this post: BoulderSooner

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Have to agree. Would break up the SEC BCS party, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2003 against LSU.

Non championship game - 2009 RRR. Brian Jackson stiff arms Colt McCoy, OU beats Texas, 20-16.

duh 08 vs. UF gaytors

2008 vs. Gators. I would have been fine with another NC for a few years.

Not getting ass ****d by USC. That game was an abomination.

Tech 2007, we win that game and play for the NC and beat LSU

Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    Tech 2007, we win that game and play for the NC and beat LSU
    Wouldn't we have played Ohio State?
    The following users like this post: BraveSooner

2003 NCG vs. LSU - Win that game and Bob Stoops has two Championships, it erases an $EC championship, and Nick Saban has one less championship, and doesn't have one with two different teams. Completely changes the "greatest coaches" discussion.
    The following users like this post: oubozfan44

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Yep. ND played LSU in 2007 and got killed by the QB that can throw a football 80 yards on his knees.

All the BSC NC games.. Can you imagine how good OU would be if they won all of them... all the 5* would be coming to OU and not Bama

It's been said before, but I guess it bears repeating. Bob Stoops is about 3 games away from basically being the best coach ever in college football.

But, alas, as the old cliche goes...football is a game of inches.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Touché even better

I would say definitely the USC game. That one really seemed to kill our swagger and we haven't gotten it back.
    The following users like this post: CNCSOONER

ND this year would be the Non Championship game, would have loved to have beaten Tebow in 08

Who knows we beat USC, and maybe we would still have that swagger, and win in 08 as well
    The following users like this post: Sancho

Definitely 08 vs. Florida...would've been a great Nat'l title for us and to see Tim Tebow not win it would have been icing on the cake

2008 BCS vs. Florida (defense played great, offensive playcalling was a no show)

2003 BCS vs. LSU is a close 2nd but since we lost to KSU that year and in the fashion that we did lose, our title would have been disputed and split with USC

if we beat Florida that would have cured a lot of ills for Sooner fans, we'd have #8 and would have only waited 8 years to go from #7 to #8 so being 2009-2012 without a MNC chance wouldn't be so disappointing

Frickin' 09 BYU game at Jerryworld. If Sam doesn't get hurt, he repeats as Heisman and we win #8!
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    I agree. Would like to have this one back.

I have to go with the '08 NC Game against Flori-duh. Not only would this have broken up the SEC title run, but likely changed who would have returned the next season. I'm not sure Sam or Jermaine would have returned; had they not its likely the '09 team would have had more success as well.
    Last edited by SoonerSapper; December 26th, 2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Grammar

2003 LSU. Only because I was there and would have loved to see us win the MNC.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:39 AM.

2008. Beating Tebow would have been a game changer .

That accursed USC game is a uber close 2nd.

I would say USC. We win and have an undefeated season. Erase a terrible loss.

The 2008 NCG was very, very winnable. A few bad calls (from our OC and the refs) from winning. Part of me thinks that was a must win. It will be hard for us to get another benefit of the doubt in a race for the NCG or playoffs.

Florida in 08 because I was there. I wanted that one bad for that group of guys.

Florida '08.. No question

2008 vs. the gators. We had that ****er.

Tech in '07. That's a virtually guaranteed national championship right there.

Wouldn't necessarily change the outcome, but I'd just like to have had Murray & Reynolds vs. UF & let the chips fall where they may. If OU had still lost, then so be it.

Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    Wouldn't necessarily change the outcome, but I'd just like to have had Murray & Reynolds vs. UF & let the chips fall where they may. If OU had still lost, then so be it.
    if we had Reynolds healthy all year, we beat Texas that season...when he went out so did our defense
    2 users like greensooner's post: KCRuf/Nek, madillsoonerfan5353

Painful shit here.

Originally Posted by PLAW View Post
    2001 OSU

2003 Big XII Champ vs. KSU: Definitely would like it changed, but we would have still needed to beat LSU, and the letdown could have come in the title game, what with all the best-ever hype running rampant.

2003 BCS Championship vs. LSU: Would be a good choice, but not having won the conference would have tainted it a bit IMO (compared to the other choices).

2005 UT: Just so Vince would never have beaten OU? Tempting, but we kinda sucked that year, anyway.

TGOWWDNS?: This the USC embarrassment? My second place vote.

2008 BCS Championship vs UF: This is the best answer. OU has been slipping a bit in national prestige. A NC so recently would improve our recruiting and sense of belonging among the elite.

2012 ND: We get a chance to unseat a possible NC winner in their own house next year, a team that will be teeming with more hype than any since USC in 2005. I'll give 'em this year if OU can slap them around next year, which I truly believe is possible.

2012 KSU: We win, we're still not in the MNC. Hell, we're probably even more frustrated hearing about how Bama is the automatic one-loss team despite it's inferior resume.

Other?: OSU last year. Game sticks in my ****ing craw--we would have another outright conference title had we won.

My vote is the 2003 BCS Championship vs. LSU.

BOOMER
    Last edited by sovasooner; December 26th, 2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: bad grammar due to hyperventilating

2001 OSU. Hasn't been quite the same since then. That game also got Les Miles started.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    2001 OSU. Hasn't been quite the same since then. That game also got Les Miles started.
    How could I forget that one? I was only about 10 years old then and it still hurts to think about that game. Bad game, bad memories.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

The 2008 National Championship game. I think we were just as good as Florida but we got a few bad breaks and the offensive play calling was not what it was all season. Not to mention, that National Championship would have been the ultimate "**** you" to Texas.

tgowwdns- because it would of capped an unbeaten season, and erased an utter disaster

Originally Posted by ChitoBito View Post
    Tech in '07. That's a virtually guaranteed national championship right there.
    Yep. If Bradford stays healthy, we go on to beat OSU, Missouri, and then we would have beaten Ohio State.
    The following users like this post: Sooner2012

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    if we had Reynolds healthy all year, we beat Texas that season...when he went out so did our defense
    No doubt. Box was hurt too. Had to go to Crow. Balogun didn't know the D well enough yet.

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    Yep. If Bradford stays healthy, we go on to beat OSU, Missouri, and then we would have beaten Ohio State.
    Agree

Notre Dame, this year.
    The following users like this post: dainbramage

not putting up 100 on atm

2009 BCS Game against Florida

'05 USC game ... Lost the ability to care as much in the months after that debacle

Originally Posted by DelMarSooner View Post
    Not getting ass ****d by USC. That game was an abomination.
    THIS

Florida 08 game. We should have won that game. A couple shitty calls and we win and the sec bs is rested for a little bit.

'05 BCS loss to USC. Changed national perception of OU. Still feel the pain.

As tempting it is to say the UF game, mainly because I knew too many Gator fans at the time and recieved endless grief over it, I got to say the USC game--mainly operating under the theory that if we beat USC, we may have turned around and beaten UF anyways.

The LSU game would have been very nice, but somewhat hollow if we turned around and lost to USC the next year in the same fashion--the national response would have been "OU would have lost to USC if they played in the Sugar Bowl, they were lucky to play LSU! Go ahead and give USC the title for 03 as well!" But beating USC in 04 would have shut up so much national trampling of the program-something we've yet to rectify. It's like a black cloud has been over the program since then. 04 was the last year we beat a legitimate Texas team. Our big game mojo has been limited to beating overranked and overmatched Texas Tech, Missouri, or OSU teams. We simply have not matched up well with teams of equal talent and equal coaching since the USC loss. Change the outcome of that game, and the outcomes of other losses change as well.

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    I have to go with the '08 NC Game against Flori-duh. Not only would this have broken up the SEC title run, but likely changed who would have returned the next season. I'm not sure Sam or Jermaine would have returned; had they not its likely the '09 team would have had more success as well.
    This.. Win a NC, Sam never gets hurt, and is drafted by someone other than the Rams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD