Stills and Millard to declare?

Posted 723 day(s) ago 7220 Views 110 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Suicidal Pony Stills and Millard to declare?

This has been rumored for awhile. Anyone know how credible this website is?

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftru...hp#kennystills

“@walterfootball: Sources confirm Oklahoma #Sooners WR Kenny Stills, FB Trey Millard to declare for 2013 NFL Draft - http://t.co/T5C8vVbB”

If Millard goes, we will lose 11 games next year.
    2 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: BMR, SoonerSteve1

If Stills and Trey leave that's #4 & #33. That's like 37 we are losing.

No sense worrying about it till it happens

4 users like usaosooner's post: CNCSOONER, madillsoonerfan5353, Soonerlife, SoonerSteve1

Pretty sure that site has no credibility.
    They've been saying this same thing about every player in the nation the last few weeks.

That said, if Millard leaves, we are screwed.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Pretty sure that site has no credibility.
    They've been saying this same thing about every player in the nation the last few weeks.

That said, if Millard leaves, we are screwed.
    hopefully Rip can turn into a poor mans version of Millard. damn we could use another year with Millard though.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    hopefully Rip can turn into a poor mans version of Millard. damn we could use another year with Millard though.
    Poor mans version ?

No disrespect to Rip but not even close to even being a poor mans version of Millard. Millard is an absolute beast wish he got more touches!

I would be very surprised if Millard leaves.

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    Poor mans version ?
    Yeah, real poor, like one who can't run, catch, or carry the ball, but can still block in short yardage situations.

How high are fullbacks drafted?

If we lose Millard we lose our 7 national championships.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post

Agreed, it's like recruiting. Until it happens, no need to worry.

Drafted fullbacks

2012 - 4th round, 128th overall
    2012 - 5th round, 157th overall
    2011 - 4th round, 124th overall
    2011 - 5th round, 136th overall
    2011 - 6th round, 174th overall
    2010 - 5th round, 139th overall
    2010 - 7th round, 245th overall

Highest in last decade:
    2007 - 2nd round, 52nd overall, Brian Leonard (Got to love how the Rams picked up a fullback here and 3 later o-line picks have made the Pro Bowl)
    2008 - 3rd round, 69th overall, Jacob Hester
    2004 - 2nd round, 55th overall, Greg Jones
    2003 - 3rd round, 85th overall, BJ Askew

All others were 4th round or lower. Most 5th and 6th round. 2 to 6 FBs per draft.
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

if millard leaves will stoops resign?
    The following users like this post: soonerguru

Millard will a running back in the NFL, not a fullback. He's also so horribly misused here that I would not be surprised to see him leave.

I should also add that that site is a ****ing joke and is just guessing like anyone else on this board is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
    The following users like this post: Irish_Sooner

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Millard will a running back in the NFL, not a fullback. He's also so horribly misused here that I would not be surprised to see him leave.
    yep and when he gets to a team he will be a huge asset and will be utilized much better than he was here

I don't think he goes and I think he would be better served by using his last year of eligibility

Don't be poor! lol

I think he will forego his final year of elgibility to storm Hollywood and make action films.......

Trey Millard > Chuck Norris (if that is even possible)

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    yep and when he gets to a team he will be a huge asset and will be utilized much better than he was here

I don't think he goes and I think he would be better served by using his last year of eligibility
    rams should get him in the 4th/5th with jackson leaving. great blocker and can spell richardson for carries and catches.

rams should get him in the 4th/5th with jackson leaving. great blocker and can spell richardson for carries and catches.
    is jackson for sure leaving? also do you think richardson is the long term answer for them in the backfield? he seems kinda small and with that line he will take a beating as a full time back

I won't disagree that he's misused, but he will remain a fullback in the NFL. He's too good a blocker to not.

Don't tell Texas that.
    He wasn't misused. He was under utilized. The plays we had for him were perfect. Heupel just stopped freakin' running them after the Texas game. Don't know why; maybe b/c they worked and that pisses Heupel off.

That said, Millard could have a long and successful career in the NFL, so I think he should stay for a final year and then go. He won't be used as a true RB, so his mileage will not be that off AD's, so he could last a while. Unless of course they use him like Daryl Johnston.

Basicly, I would not blame Trey for leaving. Not one bit. There is very little , save making him a true featured centerpiece of the offense -consistently(which i doubt is in the works), that could raise his draft stock much higher than it is likely to be this year. That said, he should go make the money he can make, while he is physically able to. Staying an additional year is unlikely to do anything other than eat up a year of his overall playing time.
    The following users like this post: Wailer

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    is jackson for sure leaving? also do you think richardson is the long term answer for them in the backfield? he seems kinda small and with that line he will take a beating as a full time back
    from what i've heard, they're letting jackson test the market. not sure if fisher would let richardson carry the load but i think rams first few drafts should be OL. anyhow, i'm still hoping millard stays.

Millard will probably go as an "H-Back" or possibly a TE,as long as he doesn't go to the J E T S he should be fine. But then again he could tell them that he played QB in HS and then they could ditch St. Timmy for him and he could make milliions as a back-up QB that never has to play on a really bad team. Works for me.
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob

from what i've heard, they're letting jackson test the market. not sure if fisher would let richardson carry the load but i think rams first few drafts should be OL. anyhow, i'm still hoping millard stays.
    well if he goes I wouldn't mind the Rams grabbing him, if Jackson leaves he's going to be a lot more durable than Richardson IMO

If Trey leaves....then..WHO WILL DROP KICK LONGHORNS?!?!

That and they're also weighing if they want to give Amendola a "franchise" tag.

Add to the mess is that OU has not recruited Millard's position for 2 years. Even if he stays, there is no one on the roster to operate in his position.

Millard should stay. He needs to gather all the accurate info about his draft position. It would be a mistake for him to leave.

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Millard should stay. He needs to gather all the accurate info about his draft position. It would be a mistake for him to leave.
    i want him to stay too but it'd be nice to watch him hurdle fools in the nfl.

A fullback should never declare. Won't ever be picked high. Just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post

If people didn't discuss events that haven't happened yet message boards wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Obviously a huge loss if Trey and Kenny both leave, but we're a top 15-20 (or better) scoring offense next year regardless IMHO.

Kenny Stills can easily be replaced, Millard not so much.

I don't think he will be a RB. He ain't that good of a runner.

NO TREY STAY!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mack Brown Clap View Post
    A fullback should never declare. Won't ever be picked high. Just my opinion though.
    If he is never going to be picked higher than what he is going to get picked now then why stay? He would be losing a full year of income earning potential if he stays.
    The following users like this post: Seabass

Originally Posted by lobster999 View Post
    If he is never going to be picked higher than what he is going to get picked now then why stay? He would be losing a full year of income earning potential if he stays.
    And risking injury.

In general, the NFL does not value fullbacks. I'm not sure he is quick enough to be a NFL running back but would have the combine to prove otherwise. IMHO, he's a 4th rounder at the very best and more likely a 5th-6th guy if not free agent.

If he leaves this year, his likely NFL career length will be 4.3 years. If he leaves after next year, his likely NFL career length will be 4.3 years.

Possible he moves to TE?

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    In general, the NFL does not value fullbacks. I'm not sure he is quick enough to be a NFL running back but would have the combine to prove otherwise. IMHO, he's a 4th rounder at the very best and more likely a 5th-6th guy if not free agent.
    No way! Just because Millard is a "Fullback" doesn't mean he is not talented or versatile. A good GM will see the value in him and draft him, where who knows? The kid can do it all catch, run, block, hurdle lol, tackle, the dude is a gamer! Will be a great addition to any team that uses him right.

If he leaves this year, his likely NFL career length will be 4.3 years. If he leaves after next year, his likely NFL career length will be 4.3 years.
    I see where you going with that, but I disagree with your logic. We'll just have to agree to disagree there. In the case of Stills and Millard I see no professional benefit to them staying and more potential professional harm if they do stay. Of course these decisions don't exist in a vacuum. Relationships, commitments, lifestyle, etc. all have a role in the process.

I see where you going with that, but I disagree with your logic. We'll just have to agree to disagree there. In the case of Stills and Millard I see no professional benefit to them staying and more potential professional harm if they do stay. Of course these decisions don't exist in a vacuum. Relationships, commitments, lifestyle, etc. all have a role in the process.
    You think Stills is ready? I honestly believe he should stay another year to add some bulk. I'd argue Milliard is more NFL ready than Stills from a physical point.

You think Stills is ready? I honestly believe he should stay another year to add some bulk. I'd argue Milliard is more NFL ready than Stills from a physical point.
    I would totally agree with you about Millard being ready. I personally don't think Stills is all that special and don't feel another year will help him much. I think he has peaked as a football player whether it is at OU or NFL so he might as well roll his dice and see what happens.

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    Drafted fullbacks

2012 - 4th round, 128th overall
    2012 - 5th round, 157th overall
    2011 - 4th round, 124th overall
    2011 - 5th round, 136th overall
    2011 - 6th round, 174th overall
    2010 - 5th round, 139th overall
    2010 - 7th round, 245th overall

Highest in last decade:
    2007 - 2nd round, 52nd overall, Brian Leonard (Got to love how the Rams picked up a fullback here and 3 later o-line picks have made the Pro Bowl)
    2008 - 3rd round, 69th overall, Jacob Hester
    2004 - 2nd round, 55th overall, Greg Jones
    2003 - 3rd round, 85th overall, BJ Askew

All others were 4th round or lower. Most 5th and 6th round. 2 to 6 FBs per draft.
    Geezus.. and people wonder how they could be so bereft of talent.

Jackson is probably the most direct comparison to Millard as a NFL RB (not FB) although Jackson was probably quite a bit faster at the same age. I could see the Rams falling for Millard.. similar guy, local hero. They still won't pick him up before the 4th. :-)

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Mack Brown Clap View Post
    correct...which is why they should leave if they want to. coming back isn't going to move him up. so why not make another years worth of millions?

You don't need to be a burner to be a succesful back in the NFL. Frank Gore ran like a 5 flat. Millard is a threat in the passing game, an elite pass blocker, and can run the ball as well. It's also not like he's slow. He'll probably run around a 4.6. I think he's a 3rd or 4th rounder, and has nothing to prove by coming back.

I also think this team desperately needs him so hope he decides to come back. Having Millard allows us to get by without having a real tight end on the roster. We have some issues if he's not back there next year.