Stills and Millard to declare?

Posted 664 day(s) ago by oorah_okie7173 Views 110 Replies
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    correct...which is why they should leave if they want to. coming back isn't going to move him up. so why not make another years worth of millions?
    I doubt a fullback is gonna get millions on the rookie contract.

But he's bigger than Aaron Hernandez and just as fast so I think he may be switching positions.

Walterfootball also has Gino Smith going number one in the draft

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Walterfootball also has Gino Smith going number one in the draft
    Lol

They need to get their evaluation draft grade before they entertain the idea of jumping to the NFL.

After JD Runnels couldn't make it as a NFL fullback I gave up being an expert. I thought that guy could play!

I wish Trey would stay, but the ceiling for Fullbacks arent very high. With that being said , how in the world can his stock get any higher? It can't! He should declare be a 4th rd pick (Rams) and begin his NFL career. There is too much of an injury risk for him to come back, especially since he isnt going to make himself a first, second, or even third rd pick. Kenny will stay I think. Oh and thank sweet 8 lb baby Jesus that Javon Harris is gone. Thats all.

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    You don't need to be a burner to be a succesful back in the NFL. Frank Gore ran like a 5 flat.
    Ummmm...no.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    I won't disagree that he's misused, but he will remain a fullback in the NFL. He's too good a blocker to not.
    Not fast enough. If you expect him to just bulldoze his way he has very short career. I think he will be an H-Back/slash TE, with some carries at RB. Just like he is here.

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    Jackson is probably the most direct comparison to Millard as a NFL RB (not FB) although Jackson was probably quite a bit faster at the same age. I could see the Rams falling for Millard.. similar guy, local hero. They still won't pick him up before the 4th. :-)
    Millard is nothing close to Stephen Jackson as a RB.

And without the hint of a breeze, the very last ounce of originality in this world was snuffed out by this post....

Originally Posted by LHSooner View Post
    After JD Runnels couldn't make it as a NFL fullback I gave up being an expert. I thought that guy could play!
    Runnels was good, but I don't think he was on Millard's level at any aspect of the game, including special teams.
    2 users like OkieThunderLion's post: H82Lose, madillsoonerfan5353

You don't need to be a burner to be a succesful back in the NFL. Frank Gore ran like a 5 flat.
    Wow, you are dumb. He ran a 4.65 and was criticized for it.

TM reminds me more of a Peyton Hillis type running back...

Originally Posted by Commodore Okie View Post
    Slightly higher than his Wonderlic score of 4, if I recall. Kid has a learning disability. Worked his ass off. And deserves every million in his bank account!

Originally Posted by Commodore Okie View Post

Actually, I think you're the one that is pretty ****ing stupid. The point is, Gore ran a slow time, was criticized for it, and it doesn't ****ing matter. He's a great back, regardless of 40 time.

Actually, I think you're the one that is pretty ****ing stupid. The point is, Gore ran a slow time, was criticized for it, and it doesn't ****ing matter. He's a great back, regardless of 40 time.
    You're losing this one. 4.65 is far removed from 5.0 when talking 40 times. If Gore ran a 5.0 he would not have been drafted. In fact, I would go so far as to say no current NFL RB runs a 5.0 or higher. 4.88 was the slowest time among RB's at last years combine and I dont think that guy was drafted or is playing.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-dra...-back-40-times

If he does go to the NFL I sure hope the Texans take him. He would fit in perfectly in that offense.

Does anyone know when Trey graduates? He's a really smart guy. It wouldn't surprise me if he's one of those guys that graduates in 3 years.

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    You're losing this one. 4.65 is far removed from 5.0 when talking 40 times. If Gore ran a 5.0 he would not have been drafted. In fact, I would go so far as to say no current NFL RB runs a 5.0 or higher. 4.88 was the slowest time among RB's at last years combine and I dont think that guy was drafted or is playing.
    http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-dra...-back-40-times

I pulled the 5.0 out of my ass and that's what everyone is focusing on. I just knew he ran a poor time and it didn't matter which was the only point I was trying to make.

I'm not comparing the two as college players, but have you all seen how damn big Trent Richardson is now? That is how an NFL running back looks. Millard's comparable in size. I would also compare him to a leaner version of Jerome Bettis.

Millard reminds me of Mike Alstott.....but that version of football does not exist much anymore.

Originally Posted by ChitoBito View Post
    I'm not comparing the two as college players, but have you all seen how damn big Trent Richardson is now? That is how an NFL running back looks. Millard's comparable in size. I would also compare him to a leaner version of Jerome Bettis.
    Umm.. Isn't Richardson like 5'9"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Originally Posted by Lake_Bum View Post
    Does anyone know when Trey graduates? He's a really smart guy. It wouldn't surprise me if he's one of those guys that graduates in 3 years.
    I was wondering the same thing but apparently no one gives a shit about academics. I don't understand why in the hell Millard would even remotely consider jumping, unless he does have his degree. I can see why TJ an Kenny would go, they will make serious $. But Millard will be at the league minimum. Is it worth $400K a year pretax to get the shit knocked out of you before you get your degree?

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    Umm.. Isn't Richardson like 5'9"?

Yup, but 230lbs. AD is like 6'1" 225 or something. Trent is a beast for his height.

Yep, Millard could be a great TE/H-Back,don't know about RB though,he's not exactly Toby Gerhart but he's close. TRichardson is a short little dude, but he's a bowling ball of a RB,low-center of gravity,great lower body strength and good vision makes it hard to get a square shot on him. Just goes to show you that you don't have to be over 6' to be a stout sum****. Google Brad Johnson.

I'm pretty sure Millard was Deano's source from his tweet a few days ago. I'll check and see if I can find out for sure.

Originally Posted by sooner59 View Post
    Yup, but 230lbs. AD is like 6'1" 225 or something. Trent is a beast for his height.
    Trent is a beast, physically, strong like bulll, with crappy 3.6 yards per carry this year,

Jackie Battle same height, then again, Trey hasn't been to the combine for his actual height, but Battle is 14 lbs lighter

Oklahoma junior FB Trey Millard was given a free agent grade by SI's Tony Pauline.
    This is interesting, because if Millard declares we think he has a shot to be the first fullback drafted in April. The junior is not a true power blocker, but Millard does so much more in pass protection, as a receiver, and as a runner. Pauline does say that the Sooner is a, "potential West Coast fullback effective catching the ball out of the backfield."
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131342/trey-millard

Millard is a stud for his position. I honestly do not understand why we cant get him the ball more in our offense. I love the guy because he just did waht was asked of him and didnt ****. BUT, again I never understood why they didnt have some packages for him where he touched it 7-10 times a game on average.

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    The junior is not a true power blocker
    But he is.

If I'm going to describe anything about Millard, first thing is his blocking. So physical. Like a more athletic Eldridge.

Originally Posted by sooner59 View Post
    AD measured 6' 1 1/2", 218

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    Millard is a stud for his position. I honestly do not understand why we cant get him the ball more in our offense.
    The OC's we have here suck! Simple as that.

Millard doesn't need the ball. He just needs to be on the field. Blocking is his best skill-set.

Stoops had a come to Jesus meeting with Heupel after the K-State game, and ever since, Millard has had a lot more snaps.
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    Millard doesn't need the ball. He just needs to be on the field. Blocking is his best skill-set.

Stoops had a come to Jesus meeting with Heupel after the K-State game, and ever since, Millard has had a lot more snaps.
    yes he can block I agree...but the guy can catch and run the ball. And thats not hard to do, go from zero touches to 1 or 2 a game.

SoonerBounce Guest
    And thats not hard to do, go from zero touches to 1 or 2 a game.
    he averaged over 2 a game.

He's good but you guys are making him out to be an all american running back. He produced when he got the ball b/c it was a surprise
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob

I pulled the 5.0 out of my ass and that's what everyone is focusing on. I just knew he ran a poor time and it didn't matter which was the only point I was trying to make.
    what else is in your ass?

Sincerely,

Oorah
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

He's good but you guys are making him out to be an all american running back. He produced when he got the ball b/c it was a surprise
    I'd argue that if given 10-15 touches a game or even more he'd produce consistently...he's that talented and you will see it in when he starts playing on Sundays

Originally Posted by Schooner9 View Post
    They need to get their evaluation draft grade before they entertain the idea of jumping to the NFL.
    When does this happen?

Yeah, it had nothing to do with knocking defenders on their asses.

Could he have been an all american RB if he got the ball more? I know that the times that he did touch it, 90% of the time something good happened.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Could he have been an all american RB if he got the ball more? I know that the times that he did touch it, 90% of the time something good happened.
    i also think that if we didn't need him to stay back an block so much, he'd have more carries too. 90% of the time, when he's on the field, something good happened.
    The following users like this post: H82Lose

Originally Posted by BigDoberman View Post
    I was wondering the same thing but apparently no one gives a shit about academics. I don't understand why in the hell Millard would even remotely consider jumping, unless he does have his degree. I can see why TJ an Kenny would go, they will make serious $. But Millard will be at the league minimum. Is it worth $400K a year pretax to get the shit knocked out of you before you get your degree?
    What other job can you make 400K at right out of college?

Originally Posted by BigDoberman View Post
    what? Millard is a MUCH better NFL prospect than Stills...

I like Millard. He is my favorite Sooner currently on the team. I cant, however, elevate him to the caliber of some f the comparisons in this thread. He is not as good a RB as SJax. Some of you delusional sooners want to turn this guy into the second coming of Earl Campbell, which he is not.

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    Trent is a beast, physically, strong like bulll, with crappy 3.6 yards per carry this year,
    I only care how many fantasy points he gets me in my dynasty league. 28 yards? Fine with if that includes 2 TDs.

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    I like Millard. He is my favorite Sooner currently on the team. I cant, however, elevate him to the caliber of some f the comparisons in this thread. He is not as good a RB as SJax. Some of you delusional sooners want to turn this guy into the second coming of Earl Campbell, which he is not.
    Btw .. I didn't mean to imply he was as good as Steven Jackson only that he is similar in size (6'2" 240lb) and at this point in Jackson's career probably in speed as well. If you look back you'll see I'm getting reamed by others for saying Millard is likely a 5th or 6th rounder.

Millard had 58 touches this year, 29 carries for 170 yds, 5.9 per carry 2.5 carries per game
    29 catches for 158 yds, 11.4 per catch 2.5 catches per game

He produced when he got the ball because he is an incredible athlete. There are very few guys in college football who could do what he did on that catch and run against Texas where he had the athletic ability to hurtle a defender and the power to stiff arm and shake off a potential tackler like he was a 5 year old girl. He has soft hands, and can move much better than just about anyone his size. He's an elite college football player, and will be a very good pro IMO.

just read in rivals that colvin was getting evaluated and thinking about declaring too. damn that would suck.