Marley

Posted 644 day(s) ago 735 Views 19 Replies

Music Marley

I know it is hip to like the music of Bob Marley (as it is excellent), and to pretend to be rasta when on the beach...However, if you have Netflix you can streamthis (or rent it elsewhere), and it is WELL worth the time.

"One Good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain." - Trenchtown Rock

The following users like this post: SoulRebel

Marley

I don't care for bob marley or his music. So I guess I'm not hip.... But I can't find any ****s to give anyways.

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    I don't care for bob marley or his music. So I guess I'm not hip.... But I can't find any ****s to give anyways.
    yet, you stil clicked on a thread with his name for the title, odd.

It is about far more than his music, but I am sure you are enlightened/intelligent enough already though, so no need for you to view it.

I thought this was about Marley and Me.

2 users like Gary Manilow's post: freeeewilly66, McRib

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Few things worse than chunky pasty Ohio coeds blasting Bob/Ziggy and the Wailers on the beach thinking they're all Zen.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    Few things worse than chunky pasty Ohio coeds blasting Bob/Ziggy and the Wailers on the beach thinking they're all Zen.
    The price you pay for living in paradise.

Thats the cost of living that no man wants to afford.

Marley

Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    yet, you stil clicked on a thread with his name for the title, odd.

It is about far more than his music, but I am sure you are enlightened/intelligent enough already though, so no need for you to view it.
    Yeah it's so odd that I clicked open a thread titled marley?!

Yeah it's so odd that I clicked open a thread titled marley?!
    It really is as a self proclaimed non fan. Especially since hovering over the thread title gives you ther first sentence.

Had it been marley and me, me is a key part of it, so nobody would leave that out.

What other Marley did you think it was about? Or you can admit you are just a grumpy person who does not like nice things.

Marley

I view this forum from my phone so no hovering here bro. I didn't know what marley it was about before I opened & read the thread. You posted a thread on a public forum & I replied to it. Welcome to the internets. I can admit I'm a grumpy person. Can you admit your a sensitive person?

ZOMG! Your phone has internet! Bro, that is awesome. And thank you for the warm welcome to the Internet.*

*that was sarcasm, all of it. Don't call people "bro" or use cliche statements. Be original.

I heard some people discussing this movie... looks awesome and I'll definitely check it out.
    I'm a big Bob Marley fan. And his CDs are cheap! You can find compilations like 3 CD sets of his that are full of remixes of songs... good stuff right there.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    I heard some people discussing this movie... looks awesome and I'll definitely check it out.
    I'm a big Bob Marley fan. And his CDs are cheap! You can find compilations like 3 CD sets of his that are full of remixes of songs... good stuff right there.
    Keep an eye out for his live stuff. I-Tunes has quite a bit but you can also get bootlegs from people off his fan sites.

Since I'm too lazy and whatnot, does the movie happen to go into how he wrote his songs, a la storytellers? Or is it more of a "film bob while he smokes pot and waxes poetic" type thing?

Excellent....Thanks for reminder, as I had forgotten about this. Will be checking it out!

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Since I'm too lazy and whatnot, does the movie happen to go into how he wrote his songs, a la storytellers? Or is it more of a "film bob while he smokes pot and waxes poetic" type thing?
    It doesn't get into that so much. Compared to the other 2 or 3 docs out there, I would say it is much more 'personal' in that it gives a more complete story of his personality as opposed to just stating facts & showing concert footage. Lots and lots of friends & family tell stories about him & add excellent context to his actions & personality. It also gives good insight into the development of the ska/reggae scene in Jamaica.

I'm a Steel Pulse guy myself.

Re: Marley

I view this forum from my phone so no hovering here bro. I didn't know what marley it was about before I opened & read the thread. You posted a thread on a public forum & I replied to it. Welcome to the internets. I can admit I'm a grumpy person. Can you admit your a sensitive person?
    Tapatalk grandpa......

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

Well Marley is the name of the little puppy in NY that was stolen on Christmas Eve and then reunited with the little girl that loved her.

Cool video and Bob Marley music. Song is Sun is Shining [ Smoke Out Dubstep Remix]

http://www.wimp.com/extremeflying/
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Marley