Marley

Posted 644 day(s) ago 735 Views 19 Replies
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,621
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Music Marley

    I know it is hip to like the music of Bob Marley (as it is excellent), and to pretend to be rasta when on the beach...However, if you have Netflix you can streamthis (or rent it elsewhere), and it is WELL worth the time.

    "One Good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain." - Trenchtown Rock

    The following users like this post: SoulRebel


  2. #2
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,806
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma & nowhere else

    Marley

    I don't care for bob marley or his music. So I guess I'm not hip.... But I can't find any ****s to give anyways.

  3. #3
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,621
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    I don't care for bob marley or his music. So I guess I'm not hip.... But I can't find any ****s to give anyways.
    yet, you stil clicked on a thread with his name for the title, odd.

    It is about far more than his music, but I am sure you are enlightened/intelligent enough already though, so no need for you to view it.

  4. #4
    I thought this was about Marley and Me.

    2 users like Gary Manilow's post: freeeewilly66, McRib


  5. #5
    His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,339
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal

    Few things worse than chunky pasty Ohio coeds blasting Bob/Ziggy and the Wailers on the beach thinking they're all Zen.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek


  6. #6
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,621
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    Few things worse than chunky pasty Ohio coeds blasting Bob/Ziggy and the Wailers on the beach thinking they're all Zen.
    The price you pay for living in paradise.

    Thats the cost of living that no man wants to afford.

  7. #7
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,806
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma & nowhere else

    Marley

    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    yet, you stil clicked on a thread with his name for the title, odd.

    It is about far more than his music, but I am sure you are enlightened/intelligent enough already though, so no need for you to view it.
    Yeah it's so odd that I clicked open a thread titled marley?!

  8. #8
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,621
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    Yeah it's so odd that I clicked open a thread titled marley?!
    It really is as a self proclaimed non fan. Especially since hovering over the thread title gives you ther first sentence.

    Had it been marley and me, me is a key part of it, so nobody would leave that out.

    What other Marley did you think it was about? Or you can admit you are just a grumpy person who does not like nice things.

  9. #9
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,806
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma & nowhere else

    Marley

    I view this forum from my phone so no hovering here bro. I didn't know what marley it was about before I opened & read the thread. You posted a thread on a public forum & I replied to it. Welcome to the internets. I can admit I'm a grumpy person. Can you admit your a sensitive person?

  10. #10
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,621
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    ZOMG! Your phone has internet! Bro, that is awesome. And thank you for the warm welcome to the Internet.*

    *that was sarcasm, all of it. Don't call people "bro" or use cliche statements. Be original.

  11. #11
    I heard some people discussing this movie... looks awesome and I'll definitely check it out.
    I'm a big Bob Marley fan. And his CDs are cheap! You can find compilations like 3 CD sets of his that are full of remixes of songs... good stuff right there.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    I heard some people discussing this movie... looks awesome and I'll definitely check it out.
    I'm a big Bob Marley fan. And his CDs are cheap! You can find compilations like 3 CD sets of his that are full of remixes of songs... good stuff right there.
    Keep an eye out for his live stuff. I-Tunes has quite a bit but you can also get bootlegs from people off his fan sites.

  13. #13
    drumhead23us's Avatar
    Posts
    9,510
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tornado Alley

    Since I'm too lazy and whatnot, does the movie happen to go into how he wrote his songs, a la storytellers? Or is it more of a "film bob while he smokes pot and waxes poetic" type thing?

  14. #14
    Excellent....Thanks for reminder, as I had forgotten about this. Will be checking it out!

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Since I'm too lazy and whatnot, does the movie happen to go into how he wrote his songs, a la storytellers? Or is it more of a "film bob while he smokes pot and waxes poetic" type thing?
    It doesn't get into that so much. Compared to the other 2 or 3 docs out there, I would say it is much more 'personal' in that it gives a more complete story of his personality as opposed to just stating facts & showing concert footage. Lots and lots of friends & family tell stories about him & add excellent context to his actions & personality. It also gives good insight into the development of the ska/reggae scene in Jamaica.

  16. #16
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,356
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    I'm a Steel Pulse guy myself.

  17. #17
    Turk's Avatar
    Posts
    6,345
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BFE,OK

    Re: Marley

    Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    I view this forum from my phone so no hovering here bro. I didn't know what marley it was about before I opened & read the thread. You posted a thread on a public forum & I replied to it. Welcome to the internets. I can admit I'm a grumpy person. Can you admit your a sensitive person?
    Tapatalk grandpa......

    Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

  18. #18
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,356
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Well Marley is the name of the little puppy in NY that was stolen on Christmas Eve and then reunited with the little girl that loved her.

  19. #19
    Cool video and Bob Marley music. Song is Sun is Shining [ Smoke Out Dubstep Remix]

    http://www.wimp.com/extremeflying/
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek


  20. #20
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,806
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma & nowhere else

    Marley