Should have gone without, new low for Kiffin

Posted 478 day(s) ago 4619 Views 79 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...56--ncaaf.html

His mother must be a ****. I know, ****s deserve more respect.

vCash

wow what a piece of shit. **** USC **** Lane Kiffin

This kind of behavior from usc? Shocking.

vCash

obviously something you shouldnt say publicly, but are you guys saying el paso isnt shitty?

I'll bet Pat Hayden is pleased, it will be interesting to see what he says.

Simple solution. Don't put a bowl game in El Paso. Nobody wants to go to that shit stain.

Originally Posted by BleeOU1 View Post
    Simple solution. Don't put a bowl game in El Paso. Nobody wants to go to that shit stain.
    Joe Castigione did.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by BleeOU1 View Post
    Doesn't matter where you send USC. Lane Kiffin will still be a shithead.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    thats a terribly written article.

And I don't think it's that big of a deal

It's manners 101, which USC apparently didn't pass.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Went to the 2009 Sun Bowl. The city rolled out the red carpet for the teams. Stanford acted like stuck up babies, just like USC did. The Sooners were respectful and had a great time.

People who say El Paso sucks piss me off. We had a blast. Ate lots of great Tex Mex, watched a great game in a really cool setting, checked out a few bars and enjoyed a lot of hospitality from the locals. Could have gone up to Las Cruces and seen Old Mesilla or up to Ruidoso, but didn't find it necessary. Had just as good of a time in El Paso as I did when I went to the Fiesta Bowl or the Cotton Bowl. Seriously, it's not like bowl games are played in exotic locations and its not like you have to move to the city where the bowl is played. At most you are there a week. There are way worse ways to spend your time than visiting El Paso.

vCash

Originally Posted by lobster999 View Post
    Joe Castigione did.
    Did he turn down an invite elsewhere?

Lane Kiffin is pure comic relief! I'm so glad that POS is at USC...they deserve the best
    3 users like chris9996's post: CNCSOONER, DirtySouth_Sooner, jmizzy4ou

vCash

And this surprises us because???????????????????
    If Pat Hayden is such a classy guy, why is it that this turd is still head coach of the condoms?
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

vCash

I think that next they will keep him while USC has losing seasons until the probation is over. Then when they get their scholarship limits back, I think they will fire him and let the new coach bring in his 30 scholarship athletes. By that time Leach will be ready for that job. LOL
    The following users like this post: NickDangerThirdEye

Preseason #1.
    The following users like this post: Cabbage_town_kid

According to espn the only noteworthy news outta El Paso is that Barkley will not be playing.

Originally Posted by 3DSooner View Post
    And this surprises us because???????????????????
    If Pat Hayden is such a classy guy, why is it that this turd is still head coach of the condoms?
    I think Hayden is a smart guy and he is giving Kiffin just enough rope to hang himself. Kiffin has a huge buyout and Hayden is just biding his time so he doesn't have to pay it. I'll give the experiment 3 years and Kiffin will be gone.
    The following users like this post: NickDangerThirdEye

vCash

love it ... love how kiffin's act is reflecting on/to his players. entitlement is the enemy of hard work. also see some of this down in austin.

IF kiffen has another year like this year, he will be gone. The guy has NEVER done anything as a HC, and I never understood all the love for him

vCash

I don't blame them for being upset about playing in El Paso but I do blame them (and Kiffin) for acting shitty about it. There are far too many bowls that nobody gives a damn about. Did you see how many people were in the stadium at that Baylor game last night?? Tons of empty seats.

vCash
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    thats a terribly written article.

And I don't think it's that big of a deal
    Actually, it IS a big deal... And, if you think otherwise, then it says a lot about you.

Let me guess... you are one of those people that show up late to EVERYTHING and can't figure out why people get pissed all the time...
    5 users like MikeLucky's post: Brainpimp, Coach, DirtySouth_Sooner, RenegadeSooner, Schooner9

Screw Kiffin and the trojan horse he rode in on! As for El Paso, I was stationed there for two + years and moved back there years later.
    I loved the people, climate and culture. Sorry if some of you find it "shitty" like your pals Lane & the rubbers do!

Originally Posted by Chieftain66 View Post
    Screw Kiffin and the trojan horse he rode in on! As for El Paso, I was stationed there for two + years and moved back there years later.
    I loved the people, climate and culture. Sorry if some of you find it "shitty" like your pals Lane & the rubbers do!
    In always thought EP would be a neat weekend trip. You can get cheap flights from OKC and I bet you can find some neat history and some good authentic Mexican food.

Soonerprices, of course I enjoy my occasional visits (went to see our Sooners @ the Sun Bowl & the UTEP game this year),
    but then I have "local knowledge". It just saddens me that the city & my EP buds get slammed by people who don't know
    shit from Shinola! (note: the food in EP is NOT tex-mex... it is real Mexican)

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Actually, it IS a big deal... And, if you think otherwise, then it says a lot about you.

Let me guess... you are one of those people that show up late to EVERYTHING and can't figure out why people get pissed all the time...
    their plane got in late. They went to the hotel and cleaned up and went to the banquant. I don't Kiffin said "let's show up an hour late b/c this thing will suck:

I can't stand Kiffin but i believe it's been confirmed that their plane was late.

Awesome.
    This makes one more bowl game I'm mildly interested in... Go GT!!!

vCash
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

their plane got in late. They went to the hotel and cleaned up and went to the banquant. I don't Kiffin said "let's show up an hour late b/c this thing will suck:

I can't stand Kiffin but i believe it's been confirmed that their plane was late.
    I guess I was right... you are full of excuses. lol

It's just amazing how every other team has always found a way to make it there on time. And, they weren't late because of their flight. You say it was a poorly written article, yet you didn't seem to read it. Their EXCUSE is that the flight made them late to their practice which then made them late.

They could have made it on time but CHOSE not to. They could have planned their flight properly and with enough time to cover any deviations from the schedule, but they CHOSE not to.

Once again, another epic fail on your part bounce... and again, it shows a lot about your own character that you seem to think this is not only fine, but that you need to defend them. lol

vCash

i know you're trying to hit the 15k post mark bounce but read the article first before you post.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I guess I was right... you are full of excuses. lol

It's just amazing how every other team has always found a way to make it there on time. And, they weren't late because of their flight. You say it was a poorly written article, yet you didn't seem to read it. Their EXCUSE is that the flight made them late to their practice which then made them late.

They could have made it on time but CHOSE not to. They could have planned their flight properly and with enough time to cover any deviations from the schedule, but they CHOSE not to.

Once again, another epic fail on your part bounce... and again, it shows a lot about your own character that you seem to think this is not only fine, but that you need to defend them. lol
    i don't think it's a big deal at all. They are there to play football. Their plane was late and it pushed back their practice which pushed back them getting ready etc.

I never said ti was fine, just that it wasn't a big deal. I'm guessing this happens quite a bit but it was only reported b/c it was kiffin and usc

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    i know you're trying to hit the 15k post mark bounce but read the article first before you post.
    i did. I read it and forgot to mention the practice part. it doesn't change my post though. and you could tell from the original blog that the author is biased against usc so take everything with a grain of salt.

Traxx, I'm guessing you have never been late to a meeting or event b/c your flight was late? Believe it or not, flying 80+ people can be a logistics nightmare.

I was never able to enjoy the food on my 2 trips to El Paso. Went across the border for dental work both times. Wished I could have enjoyed my trips more. Seemed like a fun town to me. I guess not Cali-fun though.

vCash

here's the thing bounce ... when i make a work road trip, i represent my company in everything i do ... whether it be showing up late at a meeting or telling a dumb joke at lunch.

it may seem like "no big deal" but it is. maybe its no big deal if a player shows up 15 minutes late for a workout session, or to tutoring or class or curfew. everyone will have their own excuse. its the little things like this that are the "biggest deals". what kiffin does has the biggest impact on his players. he can't say one thing to them and do the other.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    here's the thing bounce ... when i make a work road trip, i represent my company in everything i do ... whether it be showing up late at a meeting or telling a dumb joke at lunch.

it may seem like "no big deal" but it is. maybe its no big deal if a player shows up 15 minutes late for a workout session, or to tutoring or class or curfew. everyone will have their own excuse. its the little things like this that are the "biggest deals". what kiffin does has the biggest impact on his players. he can't say one thing to them and do the other.
    once again, an example of people making this a bigger issue than it really is b/c it is usc and kiffin. I bet this happens a lot

vCash

once again, an example of people making this a bigger issue than it really is b/c it is usc and kiffin. I bet this happens a lot
    Trust me it doesn't happen a lot. It definitely isn't expected from a program accustomed to making bowl trips. The flight excuse is weak. They should have been there on time. No excuse. I don't care that its kiffin but it doesn't surprise me that it's kiffin either.

vCash

**** those pussies.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    Originally Posted by Derrouse View Post
    Trust me it doesn't happen a lot. It definitely isn't expected from a program accustomed to making bowl trips. The flight excuse is weak. They should have been there on time. No excuse. I don't care that its kiffin but it doesn't surprise me that it's kiffin either.
    so they should have control of if their flight is delayed?

Has anybody found this story anywhere else besides a blog?

and why should I trust you?

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

vCash

Bounce, I get where your going. A flight delay is out of their control. They could have shortened practice though. They could have made adjustments to their timeline to make up for the delay in the flight. It is disrespectful (if true) to the people putting on the events for the bowl if one of the team shows up as late as is reported.

vCash

That's not the case, a USC official told USA TODAY Sports. USC's tardiness to Wednesday's bowl-sanctioned dinner was a result of a delayed flight to El Paso, which led to a late start to practice and the late arrival at dinner.

your questioning the objectivity of the blog and then chose to believe the credibility of the usc sports info department? read all the tweets, if it was just one player than ... okay ... but all of them having the same "**** this bowl" attitude is a culture that reflects on kiffin. and that culture is built on the little things like "showing up on time for a meeting ... no excuse period".
    The following users like this post: NationalChampsAgain

damn this is spot on.
    2 users like H82Lose's post: McRib, Turk

vCash

so they should have control of if their flight is delayed?

Has anybody found this story anywhere else besides a blog?

and why should I trust you?
    Don't have to trust me. I see you have strong feelings on this lol

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

That's not the case, a USC official told USA TODAY Sports. USC's tardiness to Wednesday's bowl-sanctioned dinner was a result of a delayed flight to El Paso, which led to a late start to practice and the late arrival at dinner.

your questioning the objectivity of the blog and then chose to believe the credibility of the usc sports info department? read all the tweets, if it was just one player than ... okay ... but all of them having the same "**** this bowl" attitude is a culture that reflects on kiffin. and that culture is built on the little things like "showing up on time for a meeting ... no excuse period".
    So do you never believe ou spokesmen?

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Originally Posted by Derrouse View Post
    Don't have to trust me. I see you have strong feelings on this lol
    You said trust me. I asked why? Are you in the ad? Work with universities? Why are you so sure this doesn't happen more?

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerPT View Post
    Bet he will be a chicken shit and stay in his closet!!!

vCash

So do you never believe ou spokesmen?
    i believed them to be heavily biased towards ou ... why ... I worked in sports info during school. i was the king of digging up data and spinning it to make ou look good. anything else and you get canned.

vCash

Re: Should have gone without, new low for Kiffin

Originally Posted by SoonerPT View Post
    I'm betting it's something along the lines of....

"Welcome the new head coach at the University of Southern California...."
    The following users like this post: SoonerPT

If I was Kiffin and after the tweets I'd make every opportunity to ensure we were 100% appreciative of El Paso and the bowl. I'd go above and beyond but Kiffin doesn't care what others think. That's not always a bad thing but in this situation it's a character flaw.

vCash

Originally Posted by Chieftain66 View Post
    I would say that El Paso ranks last among the big Southwestern Cities but it's still not a bad place to spend some time. Unique because it is really the only large community that borders Mexico between greater San Diego and Brownsville.

I think it's cool as hell that they had to go after a bowl game when there weren't more than about 5 of them. I think they do a good job down there because it is a big deal to them.
    Furthermore, being an "on campus" bowl you get to see the unique architecture of the UTEP campus. There is nothing else like it anywhere that I've been.

Expect more California recruits in Sooner uniforms in the coming years. Keep it up USC, I appreaciate it.