Which recruit got away during the Stoops era that you wish signed with OU?

Posted 666 day(s) ago 3327 Views 57 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Which recruit got away during the Stoops era that you wish signed with OU?

Early Doucet

Frank Okam

Myron Rolle

Robert Meecham

Alex Okafor

Robert Woods

Seantral Henderson

Jackson Jeffcoat

Xavier Lawson-Kennedy

Mine? Hands down, Julio Jones.

BOOMER

Mine would be julio jones.
    The following users like this post: drspencer

On this list would say Jones.

Maclin would have been huge as well.

Tough to say one...how about 3?

Julio Jones
    DGB
    Rey Maualuga

Re: Which recruit got away during the Stoops era that you wish signed with OU?

Was OU in on Clowney? If so I pick him.

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

Originally Posted by PLAW View Post
    Early Doucet

Frank Okam

Myron Rolle

Robert Meecham

Alex Okafor

Robert Woods

Seantral Henderson

Jackson Jeffcoat

Xavier Lawson-Kennedy

Mine? Hands down, Julio Jones.

BOOMER
    Surprised Von Miller isn't at the op of your list.

Was there a RB in the Early 2000's that we missed out on? Could've used said person against LSU in 2003.

Not the end of the world, but I can see it from here.

I see the ATM is still hanging around. What a douche!

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    no thanks ... we enjoy KEEPING our double digit leads in the 4th quarter.
    The following users like this post: HeroOfTheDay

Vincent Young... He woulda been a great Tackle.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Who or what is DGB?
    Dorial Green-Beckham,big WR/TE out of Mizzou who led the nation on a merry goose chase in his recruitment only to stay at home and play for the bottom-feeder Mizzou. I laugh every time I think about that kid. Dumb.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    no thanks ... we enjoy KEEPING our double digit leads in the 4th quarter.
    Von Miller's senior year was the 9-3 season, not the 6-6 season.

Originally Posted by greenfacedman View Post
    Dorial Green-Beckham,big WR/TE out of Mizzou who led the nation on a merry goose chase in his recruitment only to stay at home and play for the bottom-feeder Mizzou. I laugh every time I think about that kid. Dumb.
    Oh ya...

Julio Jones was the 1st that came to mind with me. Could you imagine him in OU's offense?

Brian Cushing
    2 users like H82Lose's post: drspencer, SoonerSteve1

Felix Jones, Jeremy Shockey, or Robert Meachem, home kids who are in the NFL who played elsewhere ..

lol

Originally Posted by Lexusooner View Post
    Felix Jones, Jeremy Shockey, or Robert Meachem, home kids who are in the NFL who played elsewhere ..
    agree on Jones and Meachem, Shockey was border line thug...he might have got bored here and got in trouble
    The following users like this post: drspencer

Roy Miller. Verbally committed to us and then switched to the horns. That would have been a nasty D-Line.

Um, Julio Jones.

Julio Jones
    Jeremy Maclin
    Jeffcoat
    Von Miller(not sure if he ever looked at OU)

Originally Posted by Rowdyroady View Post
    Roy Miller. Verbally committed to us and then switched to the horns. That would have been a nasty D-Line.
    I could be wrong, but I thought Miller was an underachiver...

Arthur Brown Jr. would have helped us more than anybody on that list.

Fields kid at TCU?

So slightly less crappy?
    2 users like OkieThunderLion's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, TeLeFaWx

Wes Welker!!! We win an Nc with him!!

I'm not sure the players on that list serious;y considered OU. Seantrel Henderson did not.

another historic year finishing 9-3 CONGRATS ... anyhow i'm sure he also had something to do with the year prior when you showed your true colors and finished 6-7.

and again thanks but no thanks ..

Originally Posted by SoonerinLA View Post
    I'm not sure the players on that list serious;y considered OU. Seantrel Henderson did not.
    Not sure about level of interest, but all had indicated an interest in OU according to Rivals.

another historic year finishing 9-3 CONGRATS ... anyhow i'm sure he also had something to do with the year prior when you showed your true colors and finished 6-7.

and again thanks but no thanks ..
    Meh. Had Tannehill started the whole season, the year would have been different. We were better than OU that year for what it's worth.

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve1 View Post
    Julio Jones
    Jeremy Maclin
    Jeffcoat
    Von Miller(not sure if he ever looked at OU)
    It was down to OU and A&M. Venables was neg recruiting the shit out of us, and it turned Von off to the Sooners. Or so I have been told.

It was down to OU and A&M. Venables was neg recruiting the shit out of us, and it turned Von off to the Sooners. Or so I have been told.
    you know this how? Aggie forum?

Meh. Had Tannehill started the whole season, the year would have been different. We were better than OU that year for what it's worth.
    wtf ... you gave up 35 to COLORADO and lost, we put up 65, casy mccoy owned you by scoring 4 tds with horns putting up 49 and then you rep the big 12 by letting georgia beat your ass with a 44 spot.

that's not on jerrod johnson ... that's on your defense fool.
    The following users like this post: H82Lose

Derrick Johnson desevers a mention. He sounded like he wanted to come to OU but the Mom wanted him to stay closer to home.
    5 users like cheetah's post: ab5sr, H82Lose, sooner68, SoonerSteve1, soonirvana

wtf ... you gave up 35 to COLORADO and lost, we put up 65, casy mccoy owned you by scoring 4 tds with horns putting up 49 and then you rep the big 12 by letting georgia beat your ass with a 44 spot.

that's not on jerrod johnson ... that's on your defense fool.
    Colorado? What are you talking about? We lost to Arkansas, Oklahoma State, and Mizzou that season.

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    Sooner Scoop.

He owns the 12th man foundation.

Colorado? What are you talking about? We lost to Arkansas, Oklahoma State, and Mizzou that season.
    i'm talking about your 6-7 season ... oh and i just checked ... the next year you went 9-4 not 9-3 ... LSU whooping your ass doesn't count as a scrimmage.
    The following users like this post: BayAreaSooner

Sooner Scoop.
    serious question. Are you sellling cookie dough for the Ag's program? I dont understand why you are spending so much time over here? Is it hard to carry a convo over at the ags forum? Where have you been the past 2-3 years?

This guy is like every Aggie I know. Completely self-absorbed and always looking to steer the conversation towards A&M, regardless of how irrelevant it is.

The answer is Julio Jones
    2 users like sooner518's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, meoveryouxinfinity

Julio Jones
    Wes Welker
    Blackmon

serious question. Are you sellling cookie dough for the Ag's program? I dont understand why you are spending so much time over here? Is it hard to carry a convo over at the ags forum? Where have you been the past 2-3 years?
    Much like all internet forums, there are gems and nuggets of info buried beneath the mass of chaos. The only OU games I watched this year were Bedlam and the WVU game. I would like more info on why OU is going to keep it within 4 TDs. We are only 4.5 point favorites. I would like to know why. This is as good of a place as any. Also I have an affinity for your program. I grew up in a house of Sooners. My uncle won you national championships under Switzer. You success sickens me, but it has been a constant in my life.

Much like all internet forums, there are gems and nuggets of info buried beneath the mass of chaos. The only OU games I watched this year were Bedlam and the WVU game. I would like more info on why OU is going to keep it within 4 TDs. We are only 4.5 point favorites. I would like to know why. This is as good of a place as any. Also I have an affinity for your program. I grew up in a house of Sooners. My uncle won you national championships under Switzer. You success sickens me, but it has been a constant in my life.
    We will keep it within four TDs because time will run out. Hopefully, we are able to play defense. If so, good game. If not, bad day for the Sooners.

yeah a Forum is a great place to find facts. you have witnessed success being in a family of Sooners, it amazes me that you feel you guys had success this year. Cotton Bowl for you and you feel it is a success.

yeah a Forum is a great place to find facts. you have witnessed success being in a family of Sooners, it amazes me that you feel you guys had success this year. Cotton Bowl for you and you feel it is a success.
    Heisman.

Heisman.
    Touting that Heisemen around? Yeah you probably picked the wrong board since we have 5. To use a phrase you'll understand now that you're in the sec, quit acting like new money.
    The following users like this post: H82Lose

Heisman.
    we've got so many i thought they passed those out to everyone once every few years ... oops my bad. didn't realize this was another first for you guys.

we've got so many i thought they passed those out to everyone once every few years ... oops my bad. didn't realize this was another first for you guys.
    Johnny is our second Heisman.

Heisman.
    lol...congrats that makes 2. And how many national championships do you have? Funny you base your success off the Heisman, not off how your team ends up. I will say 77-0...
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

How about one I am glad chose OU-Adrian Peterson