Texas **** Allegations

Posted 642 day(s) ago by DirtySouth_Sooner28269 Views 414 Replies
Page 6 of 9 4 5 6 7 8
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Part of the victim shaming/blaming culture about which Aurora posted and you denied. It was an example, along with the post from cccawhateversooner.
    You don't know that she is a victim. And even if she is a victim of ****, that doesn't mean she didn't act stupidly. If you walk down a dark alley where several scary-looking men are standing, at 3 am, while holding $10,000 cash in your hand, it doesn't mean you asked for the robbery, or deserved it, or that they shouldn't be punished for it, but it does mean you acted stupidly.

Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    If you were too drunk to remember if you gave consent, then the person was too drunk to give consent.
    You know what...that may be the smartest thing I've seen posted on here yet. That is a very, very good point. If you're too drunk to give consent, then the answer is no.

Problem is, that then presents the quandry of "does she really not remember whether or not she gave consent" or whether or not she was too drunk to give consent. You have to be in a position to immediately take a BAC on her and determine if she was cognizant enough. I suppose you could take a BAC at the time of questioning and do a regression (?) on what her BAC could have been at the time of the alleged incident.

This girl has presented a very difficult situation for herself.
    The following users like this post: tennsooner

If you were too drunk to remember if you gave consent, then the person was too drunk to give consent.
    Huh? You can do all sorts of things when you are drunk that you don't remember when you are sober. Does that mean you didn't do them?

If a drunk woman tells a man she wants to have sex, she has consented. If she wakes up the next morning and can't remember whether she gave consent or not, that doesn't mean she didn't.
    2 users like EufaulaSooner's post: Brainpimp, tennsooner

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    You know what...that may be the smartest thing I've seen posted on here yet. That is a very, very good point. If you're too drunk to give consent, then the answer is no.

Problem is, that then presents the quandry of "does she really not remember whether or not she gave consent" or whether or not she was too drunk to give consent. You have to be in a position to immediately take a BAC on her and determine if she was cognizant enough. I suppose you could take a BAC at the time of questioning and do a regression (?) on what her BAC could have been at the time of the alleged incident.

This girl has presented a very difficult situation for herself.

I still go back to the male point of view. A man should NEVER take advantage of a situation like that. Also these players have had it pounded into their head from day one not to put themselves in this position. I understand the whole thing of she used poor judgement. But as a man, regardless of the judgement the woman is using, as a man you have to use better judgement.
    The following users like this post: Sooner209

Originally Posted by EufaulaSooner View Post
    Huh? You can do all sorts of things when you are drunk that you don't remember when you are sober. Does that mean you didn't do them?

If a drunk woman tells a man she wants to have sex, she has consented. If she wakes up the next morning and can't remember whether she gave consent or not, that doesn't mean she didn't.
    Oh please, you think it's okay to have sex with a woman who is so drunk she may not remember it the next day? Or remember she gave consent?

If you were too drunk to remember if you gave consent, then the person was too drunk to give consent. You think if a woman is drunk, she is giving implied consent to **** her? Seriously you actually think that?
    I don't think that's what he's saying. Implied consent refers to helping someone, "in their best interests" when they can't give consent themselves. Obviously, implied consent would never apply to a **** scenario. Her being too drunk or drugged is not consent to have sex. There's a very blurred line here. I think everyone knows when someone is too hammered to make the choice to have sex or not. Some would take advantage of that. That is very difficult to prove in court. If the gave her rohypnol...that's premeditation.

Texas **** Allegations

You don't know that she is a victim. And even if she is a victim of ****, that doesn't mean she didn't act stupidly. If you walk down a dark alley where several scary-looking men are standing, at 3 am, while holding $10,000 cash in your hand, it doesn't mean you asked for the robbery, or deserved it, or that they shouldn't be punished for it, but it does mean you acted stupidly.
    Imma go ahead and quote myself here because I'm getting a lil bored.
    I agree with you both - and right now, they're innocent until proven guilty and we should consider sincere in her claim as well. Sure, horrible decisions were made with at this point unknown motivation, but no is no, and lack of ability to consent is also no.
    The following users like this post: H82Lose

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    I don't think that's what he's saying. Implied consent refers to helping someone, "in their best interests" when they can't give consent themselves. Obviously, implied consent would never apply to a **** scenario. Her being too drunk or drugged is not consent to have sex. There's a very blurred line here. I think everyone knows when someone is too hammered to make the choice to have sex or not. Some would take advantage of that. That is very difficult to prove in court. If the gave her rohypnol...that's premeditation.
    Okay, whew, I was wondering if I just read it wrong or what. I don't know if a "****" actually occurred or not. I just think it is sleazy as **** to take advantage of a impaired individual.

Okay, whew, I was wondering if I just read it wrong or what. I don't know if a "****" actually occurred or not. I just think it is sleazy as **** to take advantage of a impaired individual.
    I agree. If a girl is so drunk she's passed out, that means STOP! Not go. I just hope the truth comes out and everyone gets what they deserve. I don't believe that will happen, but I hope that's what happens.

Oh please, you think it's okay to have sex with a woman who is so drunk she may not remember it the next day? Or remember she gave consent?
    Please explain where in my post I said that. Because obviously I did not say that. OBVIOUSLY, if a man knows that a woman is too drunk to consent, he should not have sex with her.

But the man usually doesn't know how drunk the woman is. These kinds of difficult cases (usually date-**** cases) seem to almost always happen this way. The woman consents, but she was drunk, and the man didn't know she was THAT drunk, so he thought she really meant it, and the next morning she makes a different decision when sober (I don't want to have sex with him) than she made when drunk. Or he thought she consented when she really didn't because they were both so hammered.

The answer, for BOTH parties, is: don't get so drunk with someone you don't know that well that this sort of thing can happen.

Please explain where in my post I said that. Because obviously I did not say that. OBVIOUSLY, if a man knows that a woman is too drunk to consent, he should not have sex with her.

But the man usually doesn't know how drunk the woman is. These kinds of difficult cases (usually date-**** cases) seem to almost always happen this way. The woman consents, but she was drunk, and the man didn't know she was THAT drunk, so he thought she really meant it, and the next morning she makes a different decision when sober (I don't want to have sex with him) than she made when drunk. Or he thought she consented when she really didn't because they were both so hammered.

The answer, for BOTH parties, is: don't get so drunk with someone you don't know that well that this sort of thing can happen.
    The man may not know how drunk she is, but again I put the responsibility on the man, just because I am a man. Don't put yourself in that position. Again I go back to the many conversations I know for a fact these athletes have had about situations like this

The good news for these players is Mike Gundy should welcome them with open arms

SoonerBounce Guest

Texas **** Allegations

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    No means no .. no matter the situation or the place .. don't **** and don't think it is in any way ok to **** ... Damn even if the girl invites you in she still has to say yes have sex with me. I hate our **** culture, victim shaming society sometimes and this thread has some grand examples

The Dark Side
    Cough duke lacrosse cough

Texas **** Allegations

The man may not know how drunk she is, but again I put the responsibility on the man, just because I am a man. Don't put yourself in that position. Again I go back to the many conversations I know for a fact these athletes have had about situations like this
    You know who else is a man? Me, I'm a man.
    The following users like this post: Tug Medick

Stay somewhat on topic please.

and AGAIN. save the shitty rants for OC or TD

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Stay somewhat on topic please.

and AGAIN. save the shitty rants for OC or TD
    Doh! Sorry.

Texas **** Allegations

I've been so drunk that I didn't remember having sex. Was I '****d'?

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    "After reading the report, Minton says it does not appear the woman recalls if she consented to having sex or not. "

That is your first clue. Reread for deeper meaning this time.
    Hey ****. That is from the mouth of a criminal defense attorney. It is his opinion based on a paragraph of a report. You think there might be some additional evidence?

And just for your education, one can be in such a state that consent cannot be given.
    2 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: McRib, Soonerlife

I still go back to the male point of view. A man should NEVER take advantage of a situation like that. Also these players have had it pounded into their head from day one not to put themselves in this position. I understand the whole thing of she used poor judgement. But as a man, regardless of the judgement the woman is using, as a man you have to use better judgement.
    Okay you meet a woman in a bar. She invites you up to her room and the two of you start making out. You have no idea how drunk she is and she has no idea how drunk you are. During the make out session you touch her tit and she responds by unzipping your pants and and starts smoking your meat. Do you call time out and give her a breathalyzer?

Texas **** Allegations

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Was your booty bleeding the next day?
    4 users like McRib's post: brokebacksooner, Guitardeth, IndySooner, Soonerlife

Texas **** Allegations

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Yes

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    Hey ****. That is from the mouth of a criminal defense attorney. It is his opinion based on a paragraph of a report. You think there might be some additional evidence?

And just for your education, one can be in such a state that consent cannot be given.
    Ok asshat now read if you can where I said IF ACCURATE. Be a hell of a hill for you to climb but I bet you can get there Bucko.

I have never in my life attended a class in the practice of law but I honestly think I could get this throw out of court on that statement alone.
    Has to be the funniest GD post in the short existence of this board.

Texas **** Allegations

Okay you meet a woman in a bar. She invites you up to her room and the two of you start making out. You have no idea how drunk she is and she has no idea how drunk you are. During the make out session you touch her tit and she responds by unzipping your pants and and starts smoking your meat. Do you call time out and give her a breathalyzer?
    When you're sober/semi-sober, it's very easy to tell whether she's able to consent.

The lines blur, along with everything else, when you're hammered.

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    When you're sober/semi-sober, it's very easy to tell whether she's able to consent.

Like I said as college athletes it is very stupid on their part to even be in that situation. It's something that is drummed into your brain from day one on campus.

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post

True but I know a lady who can probably drink both of us under the table but after her fourth or fifth beer she won't remember a damn thing that happened afterwards. To you or I she won't start acting obviously hammered until she put down a case. So how would you know that if you didn't know her?

Has to be the funniest GD post in the short existence of this board.
    As I said Einstein IF it is TRUE you'll get another great laugh when it happens but it won't happen because if it IS TRUE no prosecutor will bring charges so laugh that off as well.

People that argue on the internet should be euthanized.

Texas **** Allegations

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    *who
    4 users like McRib's post: H82Lose, Shooter, Soonerlife, Tug Medick

Texas **** Allegations

Internets would be boring.

As I said Einstein IF it is TRUE you'll get another great laugh when it happens but it won't happen because if it IS TRUE no prosecutor will bring charges so laugh that off as well.
    What do you do for a living?

I have actually prosecuted cases. So here is my significantly more educated opinion:

The statement that she doesn't remember whether or not she gave consent isn't good for the prosecution, but it isn't a big deal. The police and the DA will consider the witness the statements and the tox/**** kit reports as well. What will Case say? What will Hicks say? What will the friend say? Were they drugged? What was the BAC a few hours after the police were called?

If there is some inconsistecy between the witness statements, or something is found in her blood, or the **** kit is positive, it will not matter at all what her statement was to the police an hour or so after the event.

And don't confuse charges being brought and conviction on the max offense. The police can arrest Hicks for 1st degree ****. He could be aquitted, charges could be dropped, or he could plea all the way down to assault.

See, these are things that you don't consider because you don't know what you are talking about. Do you think consent can be inferred regardless of the state of the victim's mind? Fine. That's just a non-legal opinion. But don't tell me how you can practice law when you have no basis for making such statements.
    4 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: brokebacksooner, McRib, pmartin50, Soonerlife

Board Counselor

This message is hidden because is on your ignore list. View Post Remove user from ignore list

Texas **** Allegations

I have actually prosecuted cases. So here is my significantly more educated opinion:

The statement that she doesn't remember whether or not she gave consent isn't good for the prosecution, but it isn't a big deal. The police and the DA will consider the witness the statements and the tox/**** kit reports as well. What will Case say? What will Hicks say? What will the friend say? Were they drugged? What was the BAC a few hours after the police were called?

If there is some inconsistecy between the witness statements, or something is found in her blood, or the **** kit is positive, it will not matter at all what her statement was to the police an hour or so after the event.

And don't confuse charges being brought and conviction on the max offense. The police can arrest Hicks for 1st degree ****. He could be aquitted, charges could be dropped, or he could plea all the way down to assault.

See, these are things that you don't consider because you don't know what you are talking about. Do you think consent can be inferred regardless of the state of the victim's mind? Fine. That's just a non-legal opinion. But don't tell me how you can practice law when you have no basis for making such statements.
    /close thread.

So you "liked" a post of somebody that you have on your ignore list?

Texas **** Allegations

So, two Longhorns walk into a bar.......

Originally Posted by ATMsooner View Post
    So, two Longhorns walk into a bar.......
    ...in search of a farm animal to ****, but the Aggie already left with them.
    2 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: greensooner, Mack Brown Clap

So you "liked" a post of somebody that you have on your ignore list?
    Nothing gets past you!

Texas **** Allegations

...in search of a farm animal to ****, and picked up some gals from Tech
    FIFY

OK so we assume the chick is impaired. therefore no consent it has to be ****.
    We also find out that Case and Hicks are impaired , they therefore cannot consent so she has to be charged with **** as well.

And Bounce just thinks everyone is guilty of **** regardless.

Sure is a lotta ****y activity following these teams around.

That's the BS portion of this whole thing. What is the level of impairment that determines when consent can be given? I have had some absolutley fabulous sex while intoxicated. Hell no I wasn't ****d and neither was my partner. It is total fallacy that you cannot give consent when impaired in any way. There is a huge gap between a BAC of .08 and .2. Were there any other drugs present?

There are so many variables here. An actual **** of a woman is a horrible thing, but as has been proven over and over again, there are a large number of bullshit claims made after a giant act of stupidity. I.e. revision of consent well after the fact.

If women cannot give consent when impaired, how can men? To make men responsible wholly for this decision is ragingly sexist. It is completly assuming they are incapable of being responsible for themselves.
    The following users like this post: EufaulaSooner

Texas **** Allegations

Damn, y'all are gonna end up getting us a ban on good drunk sex.
    2 users like McRib's post: IndySooner, Jimmon

Was your booty bleeding the next day?
    A little spotting but that was all.
    The following users like this post: Tug Medick

First you need to read every comment I made on this to understand and you haven't told me anything I didn't already know except the fact if I were ever charged in a crime where my accuser sat on the witness stand and clearly stated they weren't sure whether they told me it was ok or not to do what I did I am better off hiring the guy who delivered my pizza last night than you to defend me.

Might be the first thing a Texas player has hit all year.

SoonerBounce Guest

Texas **** Allegations

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Holy shit. I've heard some dumb shit before, but this is really stupid. This may belong in the idiot hall of fame. What doctors has this dumbass been talking to? Dr Seuss? I wonder how much research he really did before opening his ignorant mouth.

Dumb. Ass.
    There is already a thread debating this but his remarks have merit

2 users like usaosooner's post: Soonerlife, SoonerMinister

The following users like this post: Vodnik

Texas **** Allegations

Originally Posted by TenYards View Post
    Does Hicks know he has a tumor in the right side of his neck.

Originally Posted by okiediva View Post

Compliments of
    If anyone is safe from prison **** it's that ugly SOB.

Do the police have to make an arrest for charges to be filed against someone for a crime? If not, then I would think some prosecutor is just chomping at the bit to try and make a name for themself on a high profile case like this. I believe this was the biggest reason the Duke lacrosse case went as far as it did. The da was dead set on getting a conviction in a profile case at all costs. On the flip side, it is UT football players, and they do tend to get lots of help from the litigation community down in Texas.