Car Care Bowl: Minnesota vs Texas Tech

Posted 673 day(s) ago by oorah_okie4842 Views 178 Replies
Page 4 of 4 2 3 4
    Originally Posted by Sooner5030 View Post
    B12 is 2-0

Could be 5-0 after tomorrow.
    Very difficult day though. UT and WVU have very underrated opponents. MSU vs TCU is going to be a battle too. If we make it to 5-0 we will have earned it.

heartbreaker for the Gophers

I'll be shocked if the Big 12 is undefeated after tomorrow. I don't see Texas beating OSU. We'll see.

We very easily could be 2-3

Ugly win, but a win...Tech owns Minnesota's soul.

Good to see the Big 12 get off to a strong start.

Jimmy Stevens kicking for tech now?

How did Tech win this game? They did everything they could to beat themselves.

WV should beat Syracuse.

TCU has a pretty even matchup.

Just depends on what kinda Texas team shows up against Oregon State....

Originally Posted by nstinson View Post
    They didn't have any timeouts left anyways
    They had one timeout with 14 seconds left. That was enough time for two shots at the end zone before calling their last timeout to try the FG. I would've taken a shot at the EZ before trusting my kicker who had missed seven FGs during the year and had his last FG blocked. Couldn't believe the coach let the clock run down to two seconds and called TO to try the kick. I guess as shitty as Doege was in the 2nd half, he was afraid he'd throw a pick in the EZ. He definately looked like he was trying to throw the game in the 2nd half.

And to WFSooner, you only get to kick the ball once. The reason that you save a TO or leave enough time on the clock is in case there's a bad snap. Then you get another attempt to try and kick the ball.

Originally Posted by lash View Post
    WV should beat Syracuse.

TCU has a pretty even matchup.

Just depends on what kinda Texas team shows up against Oregon State....
    Cuse handled em last year. Hopefully the couch burners get their revenge

Re: Car Care Bowl: Minnesota vs Texas Tech

Wv will beat syracuse. Gonna be an ass raping.

Texas has a chance just depends on whether the run game shows up.

TCU is a toss up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

One way to look at it is that this game is a win for the Big 12 Conference. It was one crazy game to watch. Now Tech has a new coach and a group of graduating Seniors. Wonder if they can come up with a Johnny Foose ball next year.

Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    One way to look at it is that this game is a win for the Big 12 Conference. It was one crazy game to watch. Now Tech has a new coach and a group of graduating Seniors. Wonder if they can come up with a Johnny Foose ball next year.
    Michael Brewer is 2-0 all time against Johnny Manziel. Just saying.

Why is everyone rooting for Tech? We can't stand them during the season and now we root for them? Because of Big 12 pride? What that hell does that matter? Who gives a shit if the Big 12 does well. I will always hate Texas Tech and was hoping Minnesota would embarass them on national TV and in front of their classless fans.
    I'll also be cheering for Oregon State, Purdue, Syracuse and probably Tulsa. But go K-state, because **** Oregon (for obvious reasons).
    The following users like this post: SoonerLibertarian

Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Why is everyone rooting for Tech? We can't stand them during the season and now we root for them? Because of Big 12 pride? What that hell does that matter? Who gives a shit if the Big 12 does well. I will always hate Texas Tech and was hoping Minnesota would embarass them on national TV and in front of their classless fans.
    I'll also be cheering for Oregon State, Purdue, Syracuse and probably Tulsa. But go K-state, because **** Oregon (for obvious reasons).
    to each his own, I guess. But most common folk is going to cheer on their conference to show that their conference is a tough conference. It gives them a chance to compare against other conferences. And I am a little puzzled why you would have so much hate for Tech, I mean I kinda get it, I would asume because of their wins lately....but hell we need to play better. Use your darkness to hate Texas, USC, and all of the SEC

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    to each his own, I guess. But most common folk is going to cheer on their conference to show that their conference is a tough conference. It gives them a chance to compare against other conferences. And I am a little puzzled why you would have so much hate for Tech, I mean I kinda get it, I would asume because of their wins lately....but hell we need to play better. Use your darkness to hate Texas, USC, and all of the SEC
    Have you ever been to a game in Lubbock?? They spend more time cursing and flipping off fans from the visiting team than they do cheering for their own team. I was there in 07 when Bradford went down with the concussion. Their fans were the worst I've ever seen. Taunted me and my brother, both guys in late 20's early 30's, all the way out of the stadium after the game. I still find myself rooting for the big 12 in bowl games for some reason...

Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    **** Tech. **** the gophers too. Not literally though, cause ****ing a gopher is just sick.

Re: Car Care Bowl: Minnesota vs Texas Tech

Originally Posted by DrBrizzle View Post
    Have you ever been to a game in Lubbock?? They spend more time cursing and flipping off fans from the visiting team than they do cheering for their own team. I was there in 07 when Bradford went down with the concussion. Their fans were the worst I've ever seen. Taunted me and my brother, both guys in late 20's early 30's, all the way out of the stadium after the game. I still find myself rooting for the big 12 in bowl games for some reason...
    This

Besides Missouri, they are the most classless fan base I've ever seen

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    **** Tech. **** the gophers too. Not literally though, cause ****ing a gopher is just sick.
    What about a beaver?

I don't think we so much "root" for the conference. I'm not going to celebrate a win or be too upset with a loss. But a Baylor win over UCLA makes me feel better about being in such a tight game with Baylor.

If the league proves strong that helps us down the road.

Originally Posted by DarrellS011 View Post
    They had one timeout with 14 seconds left. That was enough time for two shots at the end zone before calling their last timeout to try the FG. I would've taken a shot at the EZ before trusting my kicker who had missed seven FGs during the year and had his last FG blocked. Couldn't believe the coach let the clock run down to two seconds and called TO to try the kick. I guess as shitty as Doege was in the 2nd half, he was afraid he'd throw a pick in the EZ. He definately looked like he was trying to throw the game in the 2nd half.

And to WFSooner, you only get to kick the ball once. The reason that you save a TO or leave enough time on the clock is in case there's a bad snap. Then you get another attempt to try and kick the ball.
    I was thinking the same thing. If I was the 'interim' coach, I spike the ball, bring in the FG unit, run a fake. If it doesn't work, call TO and line up to kick for realz. That would've been awesome.

This whole mentality that the SEC is some grand conference that deserves 6 teams in the top 10 and is infinitely better than any other conference has me a little pissed. ESPiN basically has everyone believing it too. Other media members, coaches, fans etc. Hell the media and the coaches must believe it because they vote for their asses up there. I just want the SEC exposed for what they are. A top heavy conference with some decent teams in the middle. Exactly what the big 12 was when OU and and Texas were dominating.

Think if OU had won those MNC games against Flo and LSU. It would have taken 2 away from the SEC and might have caused enough spin for the B12 to propel a team like OSU into the MNC last year. It basically would have created equal dominance for the SEC and the B12. Both those MNC games for OU were close and OU had their chances.

I used to just root for a team if I picked them on my bowl sheet but this year I really hope all the B12 teams win and all the SEC teams lose just so they can be exposed.

All this SEC hype is ruining college football. Many people that are fans of teams in other conferences get tired of hearing it and if the chances of someone other than an SEC team winning a MNC is diminished then why would as many college football fans care? Why watch if your team doesn't have a chance to play for a championship even from the beginning. I think a lot of fans feel this way.

Originally Posted by DarrellS011 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think he might have been referencing a thread from a while back where this same topic came up... I don't remember if it was here or the old OUI boards... Or he thought you really get 4 cracks at that sucker if it is 1st down and time allows...

Originally Posted by FiveOhSooner View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think he might have been referencing a thread from a while back where this same topic came up... I don't remember if it was here or the old OUI boards... Or he thought you really get 4 cracks at that sucker if it is 1st down and time allows...
    I know this shit. I had a bet with WF that Darrell would say exactly what he did and now I am rich mofo. See you guys in the Bahamas where ill be coaching their national basketball team. Later.
    The following users like this post: DarrellS011

Yeah, it was a slight at davbob who used to post on the old OUinsider boards. One of the most hilarious threads ever.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    I know this shit. I had a bet with WF that Darrell would say exactly what he did and now I am rich mofo. See you guys in the Bahamas where ill be coaching their national basketball team. Later.
    Send us a postcard... (Do people send those anymore?)

Send us a postcard... (Do people send those anymore?)
    You just watch for me when we kick Team USA's ass.

Originally Posted by DrBrizzle View Post
    Haters gonna hate.