**Oklahoma Sooners vs Ohio Bobcats**

Posted 722 day(s) ago 1269 Views 22 Replies

OU Hoops **Oklahoma Sooners vs Ohio Bobcats**

Oklahoma Sooners taking on Ohio Bobcats 7:00 PM on Saturday Night on Sooner Sports TV on Fox Sports Oklahoma Plus(Cox 68,715 HD Direct TV 680, Dish Check your local Listings and U-Verse 754,1754) and Fox College Central (Cox 271, Direct 608, Dish Check your local Listings ,U-Verse 647). OU is a 3 1/2 point favorite over Ohio.

SoonerHoops: Channel change for tonight's @SoonerSportsTV telecast. Game will be on FCS Central. Also on FS Southwest Plus in OK and FSSW in Texas, Ark.

I'm going, anyone know if there will be any promotions? I'm taking my 4 yr old son and 14 yr old nephew.

They are no promotions tonight for the game according to OU website

Bunch of promotions for the game on the 31st.

I'm actually pretty concerned about this game. Got a tweet that Ohio returns their top 9 scorers from the team that almost beat UNC in the tournament last year.

Hopefully they are strong. We need as much push back as possible before league play.

I'm not concerned about them being strong. I'm concerned about winning. I believe this was a sweet 16 team last year with nearly everyone returning.

They're picked to win the MAC this year.

Very athletic. M'Baye is starting out way more aggressive. Hield getting the start.

29-29 at the half.

Starting to look pretty darn good. The last 5 minutes have been what we've been hoping for out of this team. 54-43 good guys with 10 minutes left in the game.

Shot 33% in the first half and are now up to 50% for the game. They've played very well on defense and the offense has picked up in the second half.

Man. I wish we could play offense this well more often. We're on fire this half. Prolly our best win so far this year.

Very good win. Not just because it was a decent opponent but because of the way we played. Now, to be more consistent.

what a difference it makes when shots finally started falling tonite....
    looks like kruger is starting to tighten up the rotation as well...
    buddy got his first start of the season..

I've been the one wanting Buddy to start, but I wonder if maybe he would be more of a spark coming off the bench? Don't know his numbers for tonight but he didn't seem to have the impact he usually does. I thought it was strange that Grooms played so much and then hardly at all near the end of the game. I know he's no real threat to score but he does a better job handling the ball than the freshmen at this point. All in all a really good second half. If we can play like that on a regular basis we will win some games in conference.

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    I've been the one wanting Buddy to start, but I wonder if maybe he would be more of a spark coming off the bench? Don't know his numbers for tonight but he didn't seem to have the impact he usually does. I thought it was strange that Grooms played so much and then hardly at all near the end of the game. I know he's no real threat to score but he does a better job handling the ball than the freshmen at this point. All in all a really good second half. If we can play like that on a regular basis we will win some games in conference.
    if buddy can limit turnovers....he needs to start...
    he does so many things to help the team...
    he rebounds....he can shoot....he can get to the rim.....and he plays great defense......
    i think the 5 starters tonite have proved to be the most effective over the first half of the season...
    grooms/clark played very well off the bench tonite...
    cousins isn't doing much of anything right....
    same with fitz...

just looked at the box score....buddy had 7 assists and only one turnover....
    he keeps that up....he will start every game from here on...

The starters tonight played well. Osby sure is good, and when Pledger gets hot, he's the best shooter in the country.
    Cam Clark is extremely athletic, if he could somehow become a consistent shooter he would be a GREAT player with an NBA future, until then hes just a 7th or 8th guy off the bench

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    if buddy can limit turnovers....he needs to start...
    he does so many things to help the team...
    he rebounds....he can shoot....he can get to the rim.....and he plays great defense......
    i think the 5 starters tonite have proved to be the most effective over the first half of the season...
    grooms/clark played very well off the bench tonite...
    cousins isn't doing much of anything right....
    same with fitz...

just looked at the box score....buddy had 7 assists and only one turnover....
    he keeps that up....he will start every game from here on...

Good points, especially about Buddy. That assist to turnover ratio is drastically different than he's had up to this point. I've thought Fitz has played better the last two games. I think he's just off his game because he doesn't get the reps he used to get before this infusion of talent this year. He used to have a sweet 14-18 ft. jumper but this year he has shot very poorly. I don't know what to say about Cousins. I'm sure he's very talented but he just hasn't shown that he should be starting in my opinion. Then again, I'm not at practice and Coach Kruger has forgotten more basketball knowledge than I'll ever have.

Clark in the NBA? Maybe if he learns to shoot, dribble, pass, defend, and play. He's not even good enough to start. The D League is full of washouts with his athletic ability.

KCRuf/Nek, "Clark in the NBA? Maybe if he learns to shoot, dribble, pass, defend, and play. He's not even good enough to start. The D League is full of washouts with his athletic ability."
    I said if, and that is a huge IF, he could learn to shoot. Problem is he has had the last 21 years or so to learn to shoot, how in the world is he going to learn it in one year? I think he has that kind of athletic ability, thats all. He is a good defender and a highlight waiting to happen.

Really good win for us.