RIP Harry Carey.

Posted 670 day(s) ago 1013 Views 17 Replies
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

  2. #2
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    13,350
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    RIP Harry Carey.

    He's up on the moon now. Eating it. Polishing it off with a tall, cool Budweiser.
    2 users like AcousticSoup's post: OrionJc, Soonerfan84


  3. #3
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    He's up on the moon now. Eating it. Polishing it off with a tall, cool Budweiser.
    He's been there since '98...maybe this guy will join him. I don't know much about his films but everybody loves cheese & beer so you're probably right

  4. #4
    Hell I thought Curly Bill killed him.
    The following users like this post: BraveSooner


  5. #5
    Originally Posted by BraveSooner View Post
    He's been there since '98...maybe this guy will join him. I don't know much about his films but everybody loves cheese & beer so you're probably right

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by OrionJc View Post
    Harry Carey, actor, not Harry Caray 1914-1998 Cubs broadcaster. Didn't look at the article did ya

  7. #7
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,704
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by BraveSooner View Post
    Harry Carey, actor, not Harry Caray 1914-1998 Cubs broadcaster. Didn't look at the article did ya
    News to me. I figured the actor was long gone too.

  8. #8
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    13,350
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    RIP Harry Carey.

    I knew they weren't the same guy.

    I just couldn't find anything funny to say that was associated to the actor.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by BraveSooner View Post
    Harry Carey, actor, not Harry Caray 1914-1998 Cubs broadcaster. Didn't look at the article did ya
    Saw the article just fine. I was dismayed that you believe the Moon is made of cheese. Everyone knows it is obviously made of barbeque spare ribs.
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold


  10. #10
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,964
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    RIP Harry Carey.

    He was great on snl.

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by BraveSooner View Post
    Harry Carey, actor, not Harry Caray 1914-1998 Cubs broadcaster. Didn't look at the article did ya
    Damn...he did games for a long time.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: BraveSooner, ThievingMagpie


  13. #13
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Damn...he did games for a long time.
    Still never called a World Series win

  14. #14
    snuballer's Avatar
    Posts
    4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shreveport, LA

    Originally Posted by BraveSooner View Post
    Still never called a World Series win
    Called World Series wins with St Louis Cardinals in 1964 and 1967.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by snuballer View Post
    Called World Series wins with St Louis Cardinals in 1964 and 1967.
    good call, forgot about his time before Chicago. Really just wanted to take a shot at the cubbies

  16. #16
    snuballer's Avatar
    Posts
    4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Shreveport, LA

    Originally Posted by BraveSooner View Post
    good call, forgot about his time before Chicago. Really just wanted to take a shot at the cubbies
    Gotcha! Totally understand. As a Cards fan I like rubbing it in as well!

  17. #17
    Nitpicking here, but the actor who just died is Harry Carey Jr. - his old man played the president of the Senate in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

  18. #18
    that wouldn't have been a home run in a phone booth

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Mac and the Trojan Men
    By SoonerBeerSnob in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 18th, 2013, 12:37 PM