Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Redskins

Posted 575 day(s) ago by usaosooner6163 Views 250 Replies
Page 5 of 6 3 4 5 6
    SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Romo is a big problem, but he's not the only problem. Romo has always been a talented QB that makes too many mistakes, he's careless and turns the ball over too much. You can't win in the NFL like that. Miles Austin is always hurt and hasn't done shit since his big contract. He has 1-2 good games then he disappears for the yr. Dallas Oline is poor. Dez has had a few good games, I think he's a moron but he might make something of himself. Too soon to tell. Jason garret? Should have canned him and hired Sean Payton.

The biggest problem is and will always be Jerry jones. Dallas won't win anything until he's gone, and he ain't leaving till he's dead. So, Dallas is screwed until then.
    Hes not as bad as it seems on turning it over. This year has been bad but even Bree's through more ints than romo

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

I'm sure Dallas could find a QB that doesn't make the playoffs. Romo has been the same his whole career. Now he's getting older and his best days are behind him. What has he ever won that is worth wanting to keep him? All of Dallas rivals hope romo is our QB forever. What does that tell you.
    That they don't know shit.

Romo is a scapegoat. He is a good qb. Good even to win a Super Bowl with

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Dallas could easily find another QB to go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs every year.
    you do realize a team is more than a qb right?
    The following users like this post: soonirvana

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Bottom line is romo isn't clutch. When it is all on the line, he chokes. People talk about the great 4th quarter comeback qbs. Romo will never be on that list.
    You don't know shit either. At least do some ****ing research.

HTTR!

vCash

Romo gave that last play away and was intercepted as a result. Had his chance and muffed it.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

I don't even like the cowboys. Between ranger fans and cowboy fans and this board, I'm starting to think that ou fans might be a bunch of dumbasses

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Hes not as bad as it seems on turning it over. This year has been bad but even Bree's through more ints than romo
    Brees has a Super Bowl ring and more playoff wins. Im not saying romo is the only problem, but in 6-7 seasons he has 1 playoff win and has had numerous boneheaded game/season ending TOs. He'll be 33 and he hasn't won anything. Trade him to KC or anywhere and get some value. Time to move on from romo.
    The following users like this post: sooner68

That they don't know shit.

Romo is a scapegoat. He is a good qb. Good even to win a Super Bowl with
    Wrong. Super Bowl QBs don't kill their teams like romo does. They give their teams every opportunity to win. There's a moment in almost every Dallas game where "romo" happens. It happened tonight several times and cost Dallas the game.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Wrong. Super Bowl QBs don't kill their teams like romo does. They give their teams every opportunity to win. There's a moment in almost every Dallas game where "romo" happens. It happened tonight several times and cost Dallas the game.
    You don't watch much football do you?

vCash

Bounce, will you please STFU once for all? You're stupid shtick has gotten old. You do the same ****ing thing in every thread you post in.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Bounce, will you please STFU once for all? You're stupid shtick has gotten old. You do the same ****ing thing in every thread you post in.
    What? Tell the truth?

What? Tell the truth?
    Nope, be a .

You don't watch much football do you?
    I watch every Dallas game, every year. So, I've witnessed the pain of romo giving games away for several years. You are the fool. Yes, romo has talent, but it takes more than that to win. He's always been careless and a TO machine. You can't win when you're always trying to overcome your own mistakes, every game. It's hard enough to win without shooting yourself in the foot over and over again, which is what romo does.

vCash

Its Funny because its so true , on so many levels lulz

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

I watch every Dallas game, every year. So, I've witnessed the pain of romo giving games away for several years. You are the fool. Yes, romo has talent, but it takes more than that to win. He's always been careless and a TO machine. You can't win when you're always trying to overcome your own mistakes, every game. It's hard enough to win without shooting yourself in the foot over and over again, which is what romo does.
    Just what I expected. You watch Dallas games and not much of anything else. Hes not that much of a turnover machine really

He threw three picks in a must win game including one right after the defense made a critical stop and set up the O with a chance to win or tie.

Monumental fail that renders his clutch performances on the last four games moot. When it was all on the line - he failed.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    He threw three picks in a must win game including one right after the defense made a critical stop and set up the O with a chance to win or tie.

Monumental fail that renders his clutch performances on the last four games moot. When it was all on the line - he failed.
    Lol

I don't think a lot of Dallas fans are LOL'ing tonight.

He carried the team for the last month when the defense was shit. But tonight they had Washington at 21 and gave Romo the ball. He failed miserably there at the end. Is it all on him? No - his line sucked. But he personally failed and would admit it - probably did in the postgame presser.

I'm not a Dallas fan - but watch a lot of them because of where we live. He has more talent than most NFL QB's - but yet has games that just cause you to wonder WTF he's thinking. Ponder doesn't have half the talent of Romo -- he didn't blow up in a must win game. Now Romo doesn't have AD - but Ponder was without Harvin and the other WR (Simpson?) was hurt for a bit today. Ponder is also far less experienced. That's just one example. There are others.

16 INT's this year... ranked 5th worst in the league. Now #1 was Brees and there's little argument that he's a pretty good QB. But the others "ahead" of Romo were two rookies and Mark Sanchez. 13 of his picks came in losses.

Tons of talent - but a nut at times.
    The following users like this post: OU812

Someone should chart the Landy pumpers and dumpers and compare them w/the Romo pumpers and dumpers. Where is Phil when you need him?

vCash

Re: Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Redskins

So bounce wants romo's ****? Is that the moral of this story?

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

vCash

Urgh!

vCash

I ****ing hate Bill Parcells. remember he decided to stay? That's when Payton went to NO. Also Brees was available as a free agent. Still drives me crazy. Yes as pointed out during the game, JJ has made the cowboys the most valuable organization in the NFL. But it's because they're a side show, a tourist trap. they're not and probably will never again be a real contender. He's made them a ****ing joke
    The following users like this post: zevogolf

vCash

Offense was not very good last night. Washington had a masterful defensive game plan of blitzing and playing man, and Dallas couldn't figure it out at all. Did we throw a screen once? Demarco is incredible out of the backfield as a receiver but they didn't play to his strengths. ALso, too many downfield routes. Tony didn't have the time to allow those plays develop. Take what the D is giving, and play against their aggressiveness. RG3 was playing hurt, so you have to figure that they won't score as many as they did in Dallas. Unfortunately scoring only 18 points will not win you many games. We have a lot of needs. O-line, D-line are huge priorities. Tony was running for his life most games and we saw how bad the D is without Demarcus Ware. This team will continue to be middle of the road until we address those needs. As for Romo, he can be great at times, but loses himself in games and tries to do too much. Jason has tried to address this by emphasizing "situational awareness" with him and he played much better this December than in any since he has been a Cowboy. But then he goes and shits the bed in one of the most important games of the last decade. That was all on him. Does Dallas resign him? I see this as a similar situation to the Rangers with Josh Hamilton. As good as he is it may be time to part ways.

Originally Posted by Rowdyroady View Post
    Offense was not very good last night. Washington had a masterful defensive game plan of blitzing and playing man, and Dallas couldn't figure it out at all. Did we throw a screen once? Demarco is incredible out of the backfield as a receiver but they didn't play to his strengths. ALso, too many downfield routes. Tony didn't have the time to allow those plays develop. Take what the D is giving, and play against their aggressiveness. RG3 was playing hurt, so you have to figure that they won't score as many as they did in Dallas. Unfortunately scoring only 18 points will not win you many games. We have a lot of needs. O-line, D-line are huge priorities. Tony was running for his life most games and we saw how bad the D is without Demarcus Ware. This team will continue to be middle of the road until we address those needs. As for Romo, he can be great at times, but loses himself in games and tries to do too much. Jason has tried to address this by emphasizing "situational awareness" with him and he played much better this December than in any since he has been a Cowboy. But then he goes and shits the bed in one of the most important games of the last decade. That was all on him. Does Dallas resign him? I see this as a similar situation to the Rangers with Josh Hamilton. As good as he is it may be time to part ways.
    Don't forget Rob Ryan. The Shanahans turned him into their **** twice this year. This guy is clueless about how to coach against the option. I know he was playing a lot of guys off the street because of injuries but he set up his guys to fail.

The fact that he didn't have any inside LBs didn't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash

You'd think at some point though, Ware would've quit bitting on the RB dive and kept contain but I don't think he ever did. Pretty bad when they don't even bother blocking you because they no they can fake you.

Just what I expected. You watch Dallas games and not much of anything else. Hes not that much of a turnover machine really
    You're an idiot. I've seen other posters call you an idiot. Now I know what they mean. You have little knowledge of anything, yet you think you do. So you're blissfully ignorant of your own stupidity.

Dallas needs to fix both lines before ever thinking about QB. They have among the worst defensive linemen and offensive linemen in the NFL.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    You're an idiot. I've seen other posters call you an idiot. Now I know what they mean. You have little knowledge of anything, yet you think you do. So you're blissfully ignorant of your own stupidity.
    not really. he turned it over a lot this year and a couple others but I believe he probably averages about 12 INTs a year. not great but not horrible. his QB rating is real consistant and pretty damn good.

vCash

Did Jerry fire the GM???

vCash

The hell with romo & jj.
    The following users like this post: OU812

vCash

Originally Posted by zevogolf View Post
    Did Jerry fire the GM???
    nope and he never will which is why we Dallas fans should just get use to these seasons

vCash

Bounce, sometimes you are just a complete idiot. This is one of those times.

Romo tries to do it all himself. He tries to be the whole offense. It's obvious he doesn't trust the players around him. He may be right not to trust some of them but he's no better. When you try to do it all yourself is when you end up making boneheaded mistakes. Then he goes over to the sideline and yells at his offense as if it wasn't him that pitched an ill advised shovel pass directly to a defender during a broken play etc. All of his INTs against the Redskins were directly to them. The defenders did not make a great play on the ball. Romo threw it right to them as if they were on his team.

Romo has said he idolized Favre and it's obvious in his play that he tries to be like Favre. Favre was always high risk/high reward. Tony is just high risk. He is not a clutch QB.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    He is not a clutch QB.
    stats say otherwise. again its just like the OU can't win big games theory

vCash

stats say otherwise. again its just like the OU can't win big games theory
    He's been directly responsible for season ending blunders. The one against the Redskins the other night, the botched hold against the Seahawks are two I can come up with right off the top of my head. I could look up more but why? You'll never believe it.

vCash

The real problem is Jerry thinking he is a football guy and not putting a Championship type team around Romo. Jerry is a chensy **** that is always cutting corners. Jason and other coaching staff is another issue that Jerry put in place. His ego gets in the way, and the worst thing he did is run Jimmy out of town....

vCash

Originally Posted by zevogolf View Post
    The real problem is Jerry thinking he is a football guy and not putting a Championship type team around Romo. Jerry is a chensy **** that is always cutting corners. Jason and other coaching staff is another issue that Jerry put in place. His ego gets in the way, and the worst thing he did is run Jimmy out of town....
    This

The problem starts at the top. If Dallas had an owner more like Robert Kraft, an owner who would let the coaches coach and get out of the way, the Cowboys would be in a much better situation. Garrett may be a good coordinator but he doesn't have the leadership to be an HC. Bad ownership leads to hiring bad coaches which leads to poor decisions, players and player decisions on the field. All the stupid penalties Dallas gets (brain fart penalties) is a direct indication of poor coaching.

A good Harbaugh or Cowher type coach will never coach for Dallas as long as Jerry is there. There's a reason Dallas has had coaches like Gailey and Garrett. Because they're yes-men for JJ. Jimmy wouldn't be that yes man and that's how Jerry ran him off. Jerry thinks he knows more than all those coaches and that's why he hires yes-men coaches. And we see how well that's worked out for the last 15+ years.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    He's been directly responsible for season ending blunders. The one against the Redskins the other night, the botched hold against the Seahawks are two I can come up with right off the top of my head. I could look up more but why? You'll never believe it.
    And how many games has he been directly responsible for winning? I mean it has to go both ways. If you are going to give all blame to a QB for losing a game, then you have to give them all the credit as well.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    This

The problem starts at the top. If Dallas had an owner more like Robert Kraft, an owner who would let the coaches coach and get out of the way, the Cowboys would be in a much better situation. Garrett may be a good coordinator but he doesn't have the leadership to be an HC. Bad ownership leads to hiring bad coaches which leads to poor decisions, players and player decisions on the field. All the stupid penalties Dallas gets (brain fart penalties) is a direct indication of poor coaching.

A good Harbaugh or Cowher type coach will never coach for Dallas as long as Jerry is there. There's a reason Dallas has had coaches like Gailey and Garrett. Because they're yes-men for JJ. Jimmy wouldn't be that yes man and that's how Jerry ran him off. Jerry thinks he knows more than all those coaches and that's why he hires yes-men coaches. And we see how well that's worked out for the last 15+ years.
    so you agree with me. Romo is not the problem

vCash

And how many games has he been directly responsible for winning? I mean it has to go both ways. If you are going to give all blame to a QB for losing a game, then you have to give them all the credit as well.
    I'm coming up blank. None come to mind. I don't remember a lot of clutch plays to win a game from him. No Roger Staubach heroics to speak of.

vCash

so you agree with me. Romo is not the problem
    He's part of the problem. I never said he's the whole problem. Dallas had a chance to beat the Skins had Romo not tried to do it all himself.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    I'm coming up blank. None come to mind. I don't remember a lot of clutch plays to win a game from him. No Roger Staubach heroics to speak of.
    The last four weeks out of six he led his team on game winning drives

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    He's part of the problem. I never said he's the whole problem. Dallas had a chance to beat the Skins had Romo not tried to do it all himself.
    it was a horrible decision. But it's funny nobody is putting ANY blame on the line for letting the guy run free at him

vCash

You can win all the games you want during the regular season, but when it comes down to the "nut-cutting time" you can't choke!!! You have figure out a way to win if you are a "winner". Romo has no chance, even if he plays great, because the talent around him is not comporable to NFL Championship teams, thanks to JJ!!!

vCash

I've always said Romo is a great game QB BUT he isn't a winner. A winner figures out how to win when it matters the most and it seemed like last month he had turned the corner or proven me wrong BUT when it was really on the line he did what he always does in the last "have to" game or the first game of the playoffs and that's choke. Yup, the whole team has been decimated with injuries and probably over achieved but he and Jerry are the common thread and we'll never get far with either. Might as well get used to it.
    Plus I ****ing hate the way he calls out the receivers on the field after he throws a pick and I know, SOMETIMES it's their fault but not always. I'd laugh my ass off if for once they'd go yell at him in the middle of the field after one of his bonehead picks.

vCash

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    Plus I ****ing hate the way he calls out the receivers on the field after he throws a pick and I know, SOMETIMES it's their fault but not always. I'd laugh my ass off if for once they'd go yell at him in the middle of the field after one of his bonehead picks.
    This

Sometimes it's your fault Tony. He always calls out his receivers or blockers and yells at them. I've noticed him doing this for the past couple of seasons. It's very obvious, the cameras catch it every time. Never have I seen him put up his hand and say "That was on me." Maybe that's why he has a problem with the players around him. No one is eager to help out a guy that thinks everyone else is the problem and he's perfect.

vCash

This

Sometimes it's your fault Tony. He always calls out his receivers or blockers and yells at them. I've noticed him doing this for the past couple of seasons. It's very obvious, the cameras catch it every time. Never have I seen him put up his hand and say "That was on me." Maybe that's why he has a problem with the players around him. No one is eager to help out a guy that thinks everyone else is the problem and he's perfect.
    I'm guessing you didn't see the post-game presser...

vCash

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't see the post-game presser...
    In post game interviews and press conferences the guys know what to say. They have certain lines to say just like NASCAR drivers are taught to insert their sponsor's name every other word in a post race interview. But on the field, you see how he really feels about it. And he feels that it's always someone else's fault.