Ok lets see who can guess where LJ will go in the draft

Posted 663 day(s) ago 8702 Views 273 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 274
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3
  1. #1

    Landry Jones Ok lets see who can guess where LJ will go in the draft

    I have alot at stake on this...case of 60 minute dog fish beer. Brother in law says NO DOUBT he goes in the 1st round. He has a good point, this is the year ALOT of teams are in the need of a QB. I am sure this will turn into a F Landry, which I hope it dont. 1st post will probably be F Landry or something that brilliant.

    I am saying he goes 2nd Round, to Cardinals.

  2. #2
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,073
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Draft order for those interested.

    1 Kansas City 2 14 0.516
    2 Jacksonville 2 14 0.539
    3 Oakland 4 12 0.469
    4 Philadelphia 4 12 0.508
    5 Detroit 4 12 0.566
    6 Cleveland 5 11 0.508
    7 Arizona 5 11 0.559
    8 Buffalo 6 10 0.480
    9 NY Jets 6 10 0.512
    10 Tennessee 6 10 0.512
    11 San Diego 7 9 0.457
    12 Miami 7 9 0.500
    13 Tampa Bay 7 9 0.502
    14 Carolina 7 9 0.516
    15 New Orleans 7 9 0.521
    16 St. Louis 7 8 1 0.539
    17 Pittsburgh 8 8 0.465
    18 Dallas 8 8 0.523
    19 NY Giants 9 7 0.521
    20 Chicago 10 6 0.512

  3. #3
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,184
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    1, This will turn into a Landry bashfest like every Landry thread does. 2, I see the Bills, Jets, Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders, or Cowboys in no particular order of course. The interesting thing with Dallas is they had scouts at two OU games this year and the only payers I could see them looking at is Tony, Lane, or Landry, Ultimately, I'll go with the Bills in Rd 2.

  4. #4
    3rd QB taken overall Mid 2nd round. Im thinking Cardinals
    3 users like usaosooner's post: Guitardeth, lobster999, soonerintn


  5. #5
    Jerrah is going to bring him in to replace Romo

  6. #6
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,184
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    3rd QB taken overall Mid 2nd round. Im thinking Cardinals
    Landry is ****ed if that happens.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Lehmanfan's Avatar
    Posts
    2,857
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the short bus

    Jets in the 2nd or 3rd round.

  9. #9
    Ok...I am thus far loving my bet....it seems I am on the same page as most.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    3rd QB taken overall Mid 2nd round. Im thinking Cardinals
    do you see Geno Smith and Barkley 1 and 2?

  11. #11
    Early to mid 2nd - Bash LJ all you want but the way the NFL is structured - teams draft QBs way higher cause if you get one steal - your team can do a 180

  12. #12
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    He'll be selected after the first pick. I guarantee it.

  13. #13

    Ok lets see who can guess where LJ will go in the draft

    After the performance of this years QB class he ll be taken in the 1st round.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    late 2nd - early 3rd round. 4th or 5th QB taken. Someone like Pitt, San Diego, Dallas, Buffalo.

  15. #15
    .
    Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

  16. #16
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    13,297
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Ok lets see who can guess where LJ will go in the draft

    There's seven teams in the first twenty picks who could draft a QB: KC, OAK, PHILLY, ARIZ, BUFF, NYJ, and DAL.

    It's a quarterback driven league and there's a premium on the position. The trend lately is over drafting. Look at all the QBs that have been taken. There's no way he gets out of the first round.
    The following users like this post: tennsooner


  17. #17
    Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    late 2nd - early 3rd round. 4th or 5th QB taken. Someone like Pitt, San Diego, Dallas, Buffalo.
    I'm not a Pittsburgh fan, but this is my #1 choice for him. 2 to 4 years on the bench behind Big Ben, on a team that is not likely to slide beyond the the top half of teams for awhile.

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    There's seven teams in the first twenty picks who could draft a QB: KC, OAK, PHILLY, ARIZ, BUFF, NYJ, and DAL.

    It's a quarterback driven league and there's a premium on the position. The trend lately is over drafting. Look at all the QBs that have been taken. There's no way he gets out of the first round.
    You can take two of those teams off the list. One will take Vick, another will either be Dallas or whoever takes Romo. Lets just assume that Vick goes to NJ (just a rumor I heard on radio) and Romo stays in Dallas.
    KC - should draft a QB in first round
    Oak - Could draft a QB
    Philly - Just drafted a QB in Foles, going to give up on him already? I dont think its a given
    Arizona - should draft a first round QB
    Buffalo - have a lot of money in Fitz

    So out of the 5 remaining, I think that you can say two are definitely going to draft a QB and three might.

  19. #19
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    13,025
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    I say he goes in the first seven rounds prob to one of 32 different teams.

  20. #20
    Steelers in the 2nd

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    I say he goes in the first seven rounds prob to one of 32 different teams.
    man...tough crowd..go work on your material and your delivery and hit us up again late tonight after we are all hammered after partying for new years

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    There's seven teams in the first twenty picks who could draft a QB: KC, OAK, PHILLY, ARIZ, BUFF, NYJ, and DAL.

    It's a quarterback driven league and there's a premium on the position. The trend lately is over drafting. Look at all the QBs that have been taken. There's no way he gets out of the first round.
    I don't see Philly in that mix. They've got Foles, and if Kelly is the guy, they may keep Vick.

  23. #23
    If he goes in the 1st then Arizona or Buffalo seem most likely, unfortunately. For his career's sake I hope he goes in the 2nd or 3rd to a less moribund team than Arizona or Buffalo.....

  24. #24
    Arizona with the seventh pick. Landry has great mechanics, just needs to get over some of the mental lapses he has in games. Get him the right QB coach in the pros and he will do good things.

  25. #25

  26. #26
    Originally Posted by SleestakkSooner View Post
    If he goes in the 1st then Arizona or Buffalo seem most likely, unfortunately. For his career's sake I hope he goes in the 2nd or 3rd to a less moribund team than Arizona or Buffalo.....
    don't know about the OL's but both az an buffs have a lot of weapons in wr and rbs. a lot more than what sam's dealing with.

  27. #27
    OUnimrod's Avatar
    Posts
    212
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Not the end of the world, but I can see it from here.

    The Chiefs have a history of stupid 1st round choices. Landry wouldn't even be in the top 10 bad first round choices for the chiefs.

  28. #28
    50th to the Cowboys.

  29. #29
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    13,297
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Ok lets see who can guess where LJ will go in the draft

    Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    You can take two of those teams off the list. One will take Vick, another will either be Dallas or whoever takes Romo. Lets just assume that Vick goes to NJ (just a rumor I heard on radio) and Romo stays in Dallas.
    KC - should draft a QB in first round
    Oak - Could draft a QB
    Philly - Just drafted a QB in Foles, going to give up on him already? I dont think its a given
    Arizona - should draft a first round QB
    Buffalo - have a lot of money in Fitz

    So out of the 5 remaining, I think that you can say two are definitely going to draft a QB and three might.
    Philly could go O-line or QB. The new coach has no stock in a third round QB. He'd want to build from the ground up. Foles isn't set in stone as a lynchpin next season.

  30. #30
    I say late first round. I'd immediately take my new draftee and send him to MMA boot camp. He might leave with a bunch of false teeth, but after putting on pads and a helmet he would feel invincible and those happy feet would be long gone.

  31. #31
    The Jets trade down to 27 or 28 and take him at the bottom of round one.

  32. #32
    Chiefs second round pick

  33. #33
    i don't think its a sure thing that barkley and smith go one and two ... landry with a good combine has a chance to beat them both.
    The following users like this post: OkieforOU


  34. #34
    Wouldn't mind him in Pitt. Get to sit and watch although I wouldn't mind seeing how he will do right out of the gate in an offense where he doesn't have to always look at the sideline.

  35. #35
    Commodore Okie's Avatar
    Posts
    50
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Coast

    He's a third round talent at best, but teams, and GM's sometimes get desperate and see what they want to see. I wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted round one, but he will also likely get his coach and GM fired a few years from now.

  36. #36
    Originally Posted by Dc4ou View Post
    Cards 1st round
    this is really why im scared I will lose my bet...

  37. #37
    Originally Posted by Commodore Okie View Post
    He's a third round talent at best, but teams, and GM's sometimes get desperate and see what they want to see. I wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted round one, but he will also likely get his coach and GM fired a few years from now.
    take it some where else. I am not a huge LJ fan, but I wanted a good thread on where he might end up

  38. #38
    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    take it some where else. I am not a huge LJ fan, but I wanted a good thread on where he might end up

    Trolls are allowed free reign on this board. But you will get your wrist slapped if you deign to reply to them.....

  39. #39
    I think having a better offensive line (depending on where he ends up) and just being in a pro system will help Landry out. Not having to throw the ball 50-60 times a game will take some pressure off of him.

  40. #40
    Originally Posted by SleestakkSooner View Post
    Trolls are allowed free reign on this board. But you will get your wrist slapped if you deign to reply to them.....
    There seems to be more and more of them these days. IF I were USAO for a day....heads would roll. maybe we should start a thread if you were USAO for a day?

  41. #41
    Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    I think having a better offensive line (depending on where he ends up) and just being in a pro system will help Landry out. Not having to throw the ball 50-60 times a game will take some pressure off of him.

    I agree 100%. and good point.

  42. #42
    Originally Posted by Commodore Okie View Post
    He's a third round talent at best, but teams, and GM's sometimes get desperate and see what they want to see. I wouldn't be surprised if he's drafted round one, but he will also likely get his coach and GM fired a few years from now.
    He's #1 overall talent. He's got a 5th round head. In this NFL, he's going to go higher than he probably should b/c he's so physically talented.

    Third qb taken--after Smith and Barkley.
    2 users like oucub23's post: H82Lose, OkieforOU


  43. #43
    Commodore Okie's Avatar
    Posts
    50
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Coast

    Originally Posted by SleestakkSooner View Post
    Trolls are allowed free reign on this board. But you will get your wrist slapped if you deign to reply to them.....
    If all you want is sunshine blown up your trousers and for someone to tell you Landry is a superstar then James will take your money. Some people are able to put aside their allegiances to form constructive critiques of players. If you think my evaluations are wrong, feel free to disagree, but calling me a troll is obtuse.

  44. #44
    Commodore Okie's Avatar
    Posts
    50
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Coast

    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    There seems to be more and more of them these days. IF I were USAO for a day....heads would roll. maybe we should start a thread if you were USAO for a day?
    I disagree with you so you are a troll that should be banned. Good philosophy.

  45. #45
    Originally Posted by Commodore Okie View Post
    I disagree with you so you are a troll that should be banned. Good philosophy.

    Listen ****ie, go jack another thread and stay off mine.

  46. #46
    Commodore Okie's Avatar
    Posts
    50
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Coast

    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    Listen ****ie, go jack another thread and stay off mine.
    Someone who thinks, "Listen ****ie" is a good reply is the real troll. USAO please ban H8 for being a troll and starting another Landry Jones thread. It's cluttering the board.

  47. #47
    Originally Posted by Commodore Okie View Post
    Someone who thinks, "Listen ****ie" is a good reply is the real troll. USAO please ban H8 for being a troll and starting another Landry Jones thread. It's cluttering the board.
    listen **** sucker...your game is old and you are cluttering the board. And you have been here a month.....lets your balls drop before you start talking shit.

  48. #48
    Commodore Okie's Avatar
    Posts
    50
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Coast

    Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    listen **** sucker...your game is old and you are cluttering the board. And you have been here a month.....lets your balls drop before you start talking shit.
    Excellent vocabulary. Dropping out was the correct choice.

  49. #49
    Originally Posted by Commodore Okie View Post
    If all you want is sunshine blown up your trousers and for someone to tell you Landry is a superstar then James will take your money. Some people are able to put aside their allegiances to form constructive critiques of players. If you think my evaluations are wrong, feel free to disagree, but calling me a troll is obtuse.

    Saying that LJ will get his coach and GM fired some day is not an evaluation. It's bullshit from a troll.
    The following users like this post: El Jefe


  50. #50
    ozz's Avatar
    Posts
    2,052
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas

    I think a team moves up from the second to late first to take Landry.

Similar Threads

  1. MLB Draft: ORU pitcher, OU football signee await draft
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 6th, 2013, 07:00 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 11th, 2013, 03:40 PM

Tags for this Thread