Liberty Bowl Iowa State vs Tulsa

Posted 661 day(s) ago 1311 Views 44 Replies

Big XII Liberty Bowl Iowa State vs Tulsa

Im conflicted but I want a good game

Kickoff at 2:30 on ESPN

Have ISU in the pickem.

Yup me to. State loyalty vs conference loyalty.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

Lets go weather!

Solid drive by ISU but Tulsa tightened up FG good 3-0 Cyclnes

3 & out for Tulsa not good

Best Bowl Game crowd so far.

TD Cyclones 10-0

Great a teblow commercial

Crap, just tuned in and ISU's up 10-0.

There are a TON of ISU fans here in Memphis. They really represented their school well. I went to the Liberty Bowl parade yesterday and it was probably a 40 to 1 ration of ISU to Tulsa fans

Seems like I've seen this game before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touchdown Tulsa! 10-7 ISU

Re: Liberty Bowl Iowa State vs Tulsa

Go Iowa st

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

17-7 69 yard TD pass.

Game is fun. Thats all i can ask for

Like how both teams are wearing home unis, wonder if that's something OU/UT would do for a RRR.

17-14 this is great

I hate bowls that come on during the day . . . when I'm at work.

Less than 1/2 an hour to go though.

21-17 Tulsa

C;mon Tulsa!

Game back on

Tulsa Helmets are tight

Tulsa INT!!!

Originally Posted by DoctorAwesome View Post
    There are a TON of ISU fans here in Memphis. They really represented their school well. I went to the Liberty Bowl parade yesterday and it was probably a 40 to 1 ration of ISU to Tulsa fans
    yeppers...they traveled pretty well for this one. Memphis is happy to have 'em.

I know they're not a big market but again it seems plausible to add Tulsa to the conferences. Not world beaters but they can compete with many teams and we'll be back to 12 and a championship game

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    I know they're not a big market but again it seems plausible to add Tulsa to the conferences. Not world beaters but they can compete with many teams and we'll be back to 12 and a championship game
    If Tulsa had TCU enrollement they would be in a better league but there might not be 30K LIVING Tulsa alumni. No fan base. Tulsa needs out of CUSA and into the MWC

c'mon TU

Touchdown Tulsa! 28-17 Tulsa!

I'm torn...I'm rooting for Tulsa but I want the conference to do well.

Iowa State just imploding

FG good 31-17 Tulsa!

Unless there is a chance to go undefeated I don't really care about the conference. Pulling for the state and JC's boy.

ISU is just bad

Wonder how proud the 'Clown coach is now?

Great INT by Tulsa

ISU spent 3.5 quarters with a joke of a QB against a good run based O. Had they made a switch earlier they might have won but the honestly f'ed themselves with that call. Jantz torched them in September but good luck getting a deep one when the circumstances prevent them from even caring about a play action threat.

How the **** did we not beat ISU by 60pts?

ISU sucked it real bad today. Making the B12 real bad.

How the **** did we not beat ISU by 60pts?
    Because we aren't as good as you think. We almost lost to WVU...

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    If Tulsa had TCU enrollement they would be in a better league but there might not be 30K LIVING Tulsa alumni. No fan base. Tulsa needs out of CUSA and into the MWC
    Aren't they merging?

[QUOTE=URNotserious;1013222]Because we aren't as good as you think. We almost lost to WVU...[/QUOT

First of all I never said we were good but my God were hopefully a lot better than tulsa. That said its a crazy season we lose close games to a team n the NC game and another team that was #1 much of the season but barely beat bad teams. I don't know what kind of team we are just like I'm not sold on bama or ND either. Been a good year for a playoff

First of all I never said we were good but my God were hopefully a lot better than tulsa. That said its a crazy season we lose close games to a team n the NC game and another team that was #1 much of the season but barely beat bad teams. I don't know what kind of team we are just like I'm not sold on bama or ND either. Been a good year for a playoff
    We are better than Tulsa, not by much though. Here are some facts: We havent won against a team this year that had less than 4 losses. Tulsa only has 3 losses. Texas is the best team we've beaten this year. We also wouldn't be in a playoff unless they included at least 12 teams, not to mention a first round loss is to be expected.

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    We are better than Tulsa, not by much though. Here are some facts: We havent won against a team this year that had less than 4 losses. Tulsa only has 3 losses. Texas is the best team we've beaten this year. We also wouldn't be in a playoff unless they included at least 12 teams, not to mention a first round loss is to be expected.
    Yes that's a telling fact. I didn't mean we should be in a playoff just there doesn't seem to be the usually dominant teams this year like there has been in the past

How is the Tulsa coach related to the Ohio RB named Blankenship?

We are better than Tulsa, not by much though.
    Poppy****.

Here are some facts: We havent won against a team this year that had less than 4 losses. Tulsa only has 3 losses. Texas is the best team we've beaten this year. We also wouldn't be in a playoff unless they included at least 12 teams, not to mention a first round loss is to be expected.
    I see little I strongly disagree with in the ^above^ quote FWIW ... However:

-I will point out that we are 10-2 and beat all of the teams we were clearly "supposed" to beat not to mention our fisting of the s from Austin for the kajillionth time during Bob's tenure.

-We continue to win consistently vs little bro(11-3 During Stoops' tenure) and won again this season despite being down and almost out throughout the entire game.

-While you are right that this was probably only a top 10 team in the country and we would miss out on a 4 or 8 team playoff it is worth mentioning that while this team is nowhere near one of Bob's best versions we do have a shitload of young players with massive potential at the skill positions on Offense + the secondary and select spots along the front 7 on D.

-Also with Mike back at the helm on the D side I am starting to again see our players in position to make game changing plays more consistently like we did before Mike left for Arizona.

-For the record I think as we grow accustom to having WVU in the Conference most of our fanbase will eventually figure out that beating a desperate & talented West Virginia team @ night in Morgantown is something that we should be proud of each and every time we pull it off.

Our 2 losses:

-Notre Dame's young QB(due to no huge fault of our own) played BY FAR the best game of his career as his 2nd best previous performance was not even close. Yet ND still needed the refs to turn a blind eye on an obvious PI that lead to a CLEAR non-INT that broke up our potential game tying drive(we tie that shit up at home that late in the 4th we ARE WINNING that game) that was somehow upheld even on replay review when it was beyond obvious that it was an incomplete pass.

-Kansas St. ... Ugh this loss sucked not much to polish on this turd as we were clearly the better team. Landry(66.7%) and Blake(33.3%) lost this ****er for us no question should have won it ... no way around that fact. A REALLY young set of receivers(WRs+TEs) with Stills being the only real exception. Saunders plays in this game and despite LJ's 2 huge **** ups and Blake's 1 huge **** up we STILL win this ****ing game. Sigh again it really was still a shitty performance no doubt.

Honestly besides the K-State cluster this season has been really enjoyable and this year's version of our Sooners has shown a shitload more heart than some other more talented versions and that makes them fun to watch IMO. But yea we are not a top 5 team alas we are merely a top 10ish team that beat it's rivals and was VERY fun to watch nearly every time out.

If we can find ourselves a player or 2 along the trenches on either side of the ball either through development(most likely avenue) or new addition(s) next year's team should be a ****ing blast and should with Knight being fast tracked Manziel-style and with Bell adding a Tebowish presence+package of plays we will not only be fun to watch but I wouldn't be surprised if we are playing for a seat at the big boy table(BCS NCG) very late into the season.

tl/dr ?!?!? - I am drinking and got wordy but... Just take away the following 3 thoughts if nothing else:

#1. This year's team was fun to watch(KSU game excluded) even though they were not the best version that Bob has put out there.

#2. Next year's team is going to be a ****ing BLAST to watch/root for each and every week with Trevor "Suge" Knight being Manziel 2.0 except bigger and not a fairy aggie ****stick.

#3. Finally the best thing that could happen to OU football? Bob and Mike decide to have elective surgery and become the first willing pair of conjoined-siblings as our D makes so many more plays under Bob+Mike's tutelage

Okay I am off to plunder and pillage for the final time in '12 ..... Hopefully when I wake tomorrow I find that Clemson's OL remembered how to block and Les+LSU(What a shitty/fitting ****ing pairing) ends up a loser one more time in '12!

Yea!!!! for Tulsa, my alma mater. Always glad to see them win a Bowl game. That Liberty Bell trophy sure looks great. It is their second one for their trophy case. I think this game will help them in recruiting. I would like to see them get up on a higher level of play. Now they did beat ND in South Bend last year and that must count for something.