Any OU players NBA caliber?

Posted 578 day(s) ago 2753 Views 52 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2
    vCash

I think at best Romero Osby is a D League guy, Pledger, Osby, Clark, and Fitz play overseas?

Love my Sooners. None of them will sniff regular playing time in the NBA.
    3 users like Mahler's post: Chicago Sooner, KCRuf/Nek, suncoastsooner

vCash

No.

i would not completely rule out mbaye.....
    but he has a ways to go..

vCash

Osby is pretty damn good and might get some looks if he keeps putting up 20 points and 10 boards like he's been doing this year.

If anyone, it's Osby. I know that Presti was at the last home game, heard he was looking at him.

slim to none for osby.....
    he's not built for the nba....and he doesn't have the skills either

vCash

Originally Posted by OKCChuck View Post
    If anyone, it's Osby. I know that Presti was at the last home game, heard he was looking at him.
    He seems to be an OKC type of guy. Team player, plays with effort, good defender....

vCash

I would love for OSBY to play for OKC

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerjunky View Post
    I would love for OSBY to play for OKC
    Yeah it would be cool to see him in the uniform but no way in hell he beats out any player who currently gets minutes.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Yeah it would be cool to see him in the uniform but no way in hell he beats out any player who currently gets minutes.
    no way in hell he makes the okc roster

vCash

Seriously?

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    no way in hell he makes the okc roster
    You're pretty ignorant when it comes to basketball. So, you have no idea. OKC is always looking for bench players on minimal contracts. Do you honestly think DeAndre Liggins in an NBA player? Not really, and I love Liggins and I say that. Liggins and Orton and wont be back next year. OKC will have some big men positions to fill. If anything, he could qualify throughout camp and just end up in Tulsa for most of the season. Presti has been to TWO OU games looking at Osby. OKC has a second round pick or could be a camp invitee.

No reason for Presti to go to OU games. the two games he went to were not against great talent, so not like he was looking at the other teams. Also, in his two games attending OU games, he was intensely locked in on Osby. Watching him on the bench. Watching him warm up. Watching him play, defend, coming up the floor. So, I would say it's a very big possibility that Osby could be a late round pick or a camp invitee.

Makes sense to get him anyway. Osby is an OU guy. Even if he's in Tulsa all season, do you understand the local attention that could attract? Tulsa games are a bit lack luster. I've been a few times, less than 2,000 people. Why not draft an OU player, send him there and sell tickets. OKC wanted to grab Taylor Griffin's status, but Phoenix beat them to it. They were going to do it for THAT very reason.
    3 users like OKCChuck's post: AZMatt91, COLLISON ANGRY, SoonerDan74012

You're pretty ignorant when it comes to basketball. So, you have no idea. OKC is always looking for bench players on minimal contracts. Do you honestly think DeAndre Liggins in an NBA player? Not really, and I love Liggins and I say that. Liggins and Orton and wont be back next year. OKC will have some big men positions to fill. If anything, he could qualify throughout camp and just end up in Tulsa for most of the season. Presti has been to TWO OU games looking at Osby. OKC has a second round pick or could be a camp invitee.

No reason for Presti to go to OU games. the two games he went to were not against great talent, so not like he was looking at the other teams. Also, in his two games attending OU games, he was intensely locked in on Osby. Watching him on the bench. Watching him warm up. Watching him play, defend, coming up the floor. So, I would say it's a very big possibility that Osby could be a late round pick or a camp invitee.

Makes sense to get him anyway. Osby is an OU guy. Even if he's in Tulsa all season, do you understand the local attention that could attract? Tulsa games are a bit lack luster. I've been a few times, less than 2,000 people. Why not draft an OU player, send him there and sell tickets. OKC wanted to grab Taylor Griffin's status, but Phoenix beat them to it. They were going to do it for THAT very reason.
    osby is not an nba big man...
    and we were talkinga bout the thunder......not tulsa....

osby is not an nba big man...
    and we were talkinga bout the thunder......not tulsa....
    tulsa, Thunder. You again are ignorant. Basically the same thing. It's like a player in baseball being drafted and sent down to the minor leagues. funny, you think you know more than Samuel Presti.
    2 users like OKCChuck's post: AZMatt91, COLLISON ANGRY

tulsa, Thunder. You again are ignorant. Basically the same thing. It's like a player in baseball being drafted and sent down to the minor leagues. funny, you think you know more than Samuel Presti.
    i'm well aware tulsa is affiliate with the thunder.....
    tulsa does not = nba
    if osby wants to get paid....it will be overseas...
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

LOL at you think you know nba

osby isn't mentioned on ANY mock draft i've seen for 2013

every year someone is convinced our players will get drafted.....i guess this year that someone is u....
    but as usual....you will wonder how you could have been so wrong come draft day...

osby isn't mentioned on ANY mock draft i've seen for 2013

every year someone is convinced our players will get drafted.....i guess this year that someone is u....
    but as usual....you will wonder how you could have been so wrong come draft day...
    Funny as I said he could be a camp invitee, but apparently you do not know how to read. Also, I spoke to someone high up in the Thunder organization today. Osby is definitely a target. He might not be drafted, but definitely could be invited to training camp. BUT WAHT DO I KNOW ABOUT NBA BASKETBALL. WOOOOOO

Funny as I said he could be a camp invitee, but apparently you do not know how to read. Also, I spoke to someone high up in the Thunder organization today. Osby is definitely a target. He might not be drafted, but definitely could be invited to training camp. BUT WAHT DO I KNOW ABOUT NBA BASKETBALL. WOOOOOO
    i can read....apparently you can't...
    the thread says "nba caliber".....that does not mean "camp invitee".....that does not mean "tulsa".....
    that means on the roster..in uniform.....for an nba team...
    osby won't be drafted....and he won't make a roster ....he is not nba caliber.....
    i don't care who in the thunder concession stand told you otherwise...

i can read....apparently you can't...
    the thread says "nba caliber".....that does not mean "camp invitee".....that does not mean "tulsa".....
    that means on the roster..in uniform.....for an nba team...
    osby won't be drafted....and he won't make a roster ....he is not nba caliber.....
    i don't care who in the thunder concession stand told you otherwise...
    .... .... .... ..... He'll still go to a camp. nba caliber.

vCash

I said I would love to see him play for OKC. Thats more of a hopefull side of things. I do think he is a good college player. A little better than Taylor Griffin ever was, but not as talented. Therefore making a transition to SF in the NBA wont happen. He's a tweener and tweeners don't usually make it in the NBA. If he were 1-2 inches taller he would be a def. NBA player. I will say if he continues to have a good year, needs to be against Kansas, Baylor, and those guys. He needs to show he can shoot. He did hit a 3 pointer the other day, just saying.
    I would like to see Buddy Develope into a real scorer next year, maybe our Number 1 option.

vCash

that's about 10x more than osby is used to playing in front of.

Not trying to be an **** or anything, but are some type of important NBA insider? Serious question.

vCash

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    that's about 10x more than osby is used to playing in front of.
    Fortunately, you can make that comment cause I know you and J bird actually go to the games...

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    slim to none for osby.....
    he's not built for the nba....and he doesn't have the skills either
    lol at saying slim to none for osby but possibly yes for mbaye

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    i guess it's funny if you don't understand the difference...
    mbaye has a body that fits the position he would play in the nba......if he can improve his shot and ball handling skills......he will be drafted.....his chances are slightly better than slim....
    osby otoh does not have the body or the skills for the position he would play in the nba......he's too short/soft to play inside.....and he doesn't have the skills necessary to play forward/guard.....
    he reminds me alot of taj gray......but not as good.....and gray never sniffed the nba either....

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    i guess it's funny if you don't understand the difference...
    mbaye has a body that fits the position he would play in the nba......if he can improve his shot and ball handling skills......he will be drafted.....his chances are slightly better than slim....
    osby otoh does not have the body or the skills for the position he would play in the nba......he's too short/soft to play inside.....and he doesn't have the skills necessary to play forward/guard.....
    he reminds me alot of taj gray......but not as good.....and gray never sniffed the nba either....
    lol. What position would mbaye play in the NBA? He is way softer than Osby.
    IMO Osby has a much higher chance to sniff a roster than Mbaye

lol. What position would mbaye play in the NBA? He is way softer than Osby.
    IMO Osby has a much higher chance to sniff a roster than Mbaye
    he's a dozen game back from a year layoff....he will play as guard/forward.....similar to durant
    prolly ought to give him till this time next year to assess his chances....
    ace mcghee was similar physically to osby....but was wayyyyy more skilled....and he didn't make an nba roster....

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    Not trying to be an **** or anything, but are some type of important NBA insider? Serious question.
    What? I think you're missing a word in there.

ITT 87 proves once again why he's the embarrassment of this website.

What?
    I asked if you were someone important. In reading your posts you seem to feel you are extremely knowledgeable about the NBA. For all I know, you are. Just wondering if I'm missing something here.

I run a thunder site. not to toot my own horn. but the source I am mentioning also allowed me to say the perkins-green trade and the derek fisher signing before anyone else.

ITT 87 proves once again why he's the embarrassment of this website.
    that's what i love about message boards.....
    this thread will be here for reference after the draft....and we'll get to see who the embarrassment really is...

By the way, even if Osby doesn't get drafted. I totally said he could be a camp invitee. Did you miss that part or just ignoring it all together? see. 87, you wouldn't be so bad if you would just occasionally open your mind. You're totally set on the fact that what you say is ****ing law. You're not always right you old ****.

By the way, even if Osby doesn't get drafted. I totally said he could be a camp invitee. Did you miss that part or just ignoring it all together? see. 87, you wouldn't be so bad if you would just occasionally open your mind. You're totally set on the fact that what you say is ****ing law. You're not always right you old ****.
    what's embarrassing is that you're too damn stupid to realize you're saying the same thing i said.....that osby has slim to no chance....
    but you got to act important pretending you know someone....so you're just a stupid ****....

I do know people. come meet me at press row during thunder games.

I run a thunder site. not to toot my own horn. but the source I am mentioning also allowed me to say the perkins-green trade and the derek fisher signing before anyone else.
    What site? If you don't mind me asking.

if you didn't see mbaye's nba potential today....u are blind......

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

if you didn't see osbys nba potential today....u are blind......
    Fixed

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Osby is like a black collison

Fixed
    was it osby's 3 rebounds that impressed you?

Osby is like a black collison
    collison dominated the paint in college....
    osby does not....
    so yeah.....they both played in college ......i guess they are alike....only different color

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

was it osby's 3 rebounds that impressed you?
    Sure.

17 points and three rebounds and a couple assists vs 15 points 5 rebounds.

They both had great games

FYI, NBAdraft.net has M'Baye going late in the second round (pick #50) to the Hawks. They don't list Romero or any other Sooner as being drafted. Don't know how trustworthy that site is so take it for what it's worth.
    Source: http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    FYI, NBAdraft.net has M'Baye going late in the second round (pick #50) to the Hawks. They don't list Romero or any other Sooner as being drafted. Don't know how trustworthy that site is so take it for what it's worth.
    Source: http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft
    well that site agrees with me so they must not have a clue

but seriously.....mbaye looks like he's slowly getting it...
    by this time next year he could be a dominant player and i wouldn't be surprised if he works his way into the first round....
    like i said....he has the body....he just needs to work on his ball handling and his shot....

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

An nba body won't get u much.

And when is 6 8 205 an MBA body?

An nba body won't get u much.
    i didn't say it would...
    i said this.....

he has the body....he just needs to work on his ball handling and his shot....
    And when is 6 8 205 an MBA body?
    he's listed as 6' 9" x 208....
    i'm not convinced the 208 is accurate....
    durant is listed as 6' 9" x 232....
    mbaye doesn't look any skinnier than durant...
    tayshawn prince is 6' 9" x 215
    mbaye has the perfect build for a small forward...
    why do you think nbadraft.net has mbaye in the top 60 but not osby?

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

i didn't say it would...
    i said this.....

he's listed as 6' 9" x 208....
    i'm not convinced the 208 is accurate....
    durant is listed as 6' 9" x 232....
    mbaye doesn't look any skinnier than durant...
    tayshawn prince is 6' 9" x 215
    mbaye has the perfect build for a small forward...
    why do you think nbadraft.net has mbaye in the top 60 but not osby?
    Nbadraft. Net hasn't been relevant for awhile.

So are you saying that mbaye is closes to 230?

If so, he and osby have very similar bodies with osby having the better shot

Nbadraft. Net hasn't been relevant for awhile.
    fine.....
    show me one that is relevant .....that has osby in the top 60....

So are you saying that mbaye is closes to 230?
    If so, he and osby have very similar bodies with osby having the better shot

no...
    i'm saying mbaye doesn't look 24 pounds lighter than durant...
    i'm sure he'll put on weight before he leaves norman....