Time to weigh in

Posted 691 day(s) ago 18333 Views 597 Replies
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11

Time to weigh in

We had a long thread about this but figured we'd start a new one for 2012/2013 weigh in plus new goals...also a place to brag....I'll start

Lost 73 lbs since Jan 15 and in 2013 I hope to lose another 70-75...I'm the lowest since fr yr of college...how'd you do?
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Time to weigh in

Congrats man. Still holding steady in the 225 range.

Re: Time to weigh in

So what is current weight?

I'll bite, especially since I haven't been proud of my trend since the middle part of the year.

Started 2012 at 305. Got down to 241 at my lowest.

Hopped on the scale this AM 275.... Ugh. Damn football season. I am still in good cardiovascular shape, just eating too much.

Renewing efforts today.

220 goal.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Good luck guys.

Started at 397 but that was afte about 6 months of weight lifting and finally decided to just lose the weight on jan 15 at 397 so low 400s is possible. Today I'm at 324 and am probably healthier than everyone here just bc I got my blood work done and my doc said he'd never seen a person as healthy as me sans weight but that's not an excuse to stay big and I've lost probably 30 since then. I'd love to weigh 250 next jan that'd be my weight in 8th or 9th grade so I'd be pumped

I got down to 155 and have climbed back to between 160-165 depending on the day. Still have a muffin top that I can't seem to carve off. But I bought a weight bench and am going to work harder at it this year. I do cardio daily but nowhere near enough... will try and work on that too.

Time to weigh in

Are you a woman? I don't know that I've heard of a man with a muffin top. Or are you talking about the roll from your pants? Muffin top brings images of skinny jeans that are squeezed in to--if you're a guy I hope you're not stuffing yourself into skinny pants. Not trying to be a jerk, the term just threw me.
    The following users like this post: wendyaveli

175 and holding strong.

Time to weigh in

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    Started at 397 but that was afte about 6 months of weight lifting and finally decided to just lose the weight on jan 15 at 397 so low 400s is possible. Today I'm at 324 and am probably healthier than everyone here just bc I got my blood work done and my doc said he'd never seen a person as healthy as me sans weight but that's not an excuse to stay big and I've lost probably 30 since then. I'd love to weigh 250 next jan that'd be my weight in 8th or 9th grade so I'd be pumped
    Nice to know you're "healthier than everyone here". Thanks for sharing.
    The following users like this post: Bk2X

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Are you a woman? I don't know that I've heard of a man with a muffin top. Or are you talking about the roll from your pants? Muffin top brings images of skinny jeans that are squeezed in to--if you're a guy I hope you're not stuffing yourself into skinny pants. Not trying to be a jerk, the term just threw me.
    Ha... no skinny jeans for me. Just trying to be descriptive. I've trimmed off a lot of weight but can't seem to get rid of my love handles. Guess I should have just used that term. From the side I look pretty slim but looking straight at myself in the mirror the love handles are visible and I can't stand it.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

232. Going to try to get back to the 200 range.

If you are serious... the **** man?

Time to weigh in

190 lbs. & no goals

I...uh...don't think our scale is good above twofitty...

Lost 36 pounds in 2012, from 246 to 210. Need to get under 200 in 2013. That last bit has been a challenge.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    If you are serious... the **** man?
    What do you mean? I've always been really big and it got bad in the last few years but with the way I'm built 250-225 is what I'd ideally be but that's a lot more work

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Nice to know you're "healthier than everyone here". Thanks for sharing.
    I have the numbers if you're interested...it's not to brag but was meant to encourage myself to keep going bc there's no way those numbers stay where they are if I had kept living the way I was

started 2012 at 230, got down to 185 at one point. Got busy and the holidays and am at 193 now. Hoping to be at 170-175 by the end of the semester.

Time to weigh in

You guys sound like women's!! But anyway... Hooray for all of you trying to get healthier! You can do it!!

Lost 20 lbs. since late October without exercising.

Jesus, what the hell are you a pro wrestler?

Originally Posted by Big Red One View Post
    Jesus, what the hell are you a pro wrestler?
    No just was a very fat person and trying to get healthier...it's a slow process and one ice always struggled with but I know what works for me and wherei hope to be one day and that's wherein headed

No just was a very fat person and trying to get healthier...it's a slow process and one ice always struggled with but I know what works for me and wherei hope to be one day and that's wherein headed
    honest question, can you see your wiener when you pee?
    2 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: party1234, Tug Medick

Finding what works for you is the best thing you can do. For months I tried what other people told me to, then I started doing different workouts that I wanted to try and I found what my body responded to and it's worked great since then. Congrats on your progress so far and don't ever give up!
    2 users like huntinsooner's post: jmizzy4ou, McRib

Gained 4 pounds over the holidays. Stopped paying attention to "healthy" on my last business trip to Denver in early December. No one likes a health nut over the holidays, so I let it go for a bit. I'll get back on the wagon Monday with my first full week back at work.

Currently: 187
    Ideally I weigh: 175-180
    Goal date for 180 = March 1

Originally Posted by OilSooner View Post
    Gained 4 pounds over the holidays. Stopped paying attention to "healthy" on my last business trip to Denver in early December. No one likes a health nut over the holidays, so I let it go for a bit. I'll get back on the wagon Monday with my first full week back at work.

Currently: 187
    Ideally I weigh: 175-180
    Goal date for 180 = March 1
    You should be able to get down to 180 today if you take a solid poo.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    You should be able to get down to 180 today if you take a solid poo.
    Ha, I suppose. I'm sure I'll lose 5 pretty quickly as water weight once I get going.

The truth will hurt when I get into the gym and lift less, and hurt more. Oddly, I am both loathing and looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    Finding what works for you is the best thing you can do. For months I tried what other people told me to, then I started doing different workouts that I wanted to try and I found what my body responded to and it's worked great since then. Congrats on your progress so far and don't ever give up!
    Thanks for the encouragement. I've always been big and struggled to lose weight but I finally got serious about it this year. I lost the "easy" weight and hit a wall so I've completely changed my diet and I lift 4-5x per week and do cardio 6-7 and its working well. I've avoided the temptation to crash diet and have changed my life instead...this isn't a diet rather a lifestyle and I'm glad I did
    3 users like andymancan20's post: huntinsooner, jmizzy4ou, McRib

Been working out.

Time to weigh in

Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post

Been working out.
    You've been working out? So you're 6'4", have been working out and just now weight 143? Before you worked out could you turn sideways and become invisible?
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    You've been working out? So you're 6'4", have been working out and just now weight 143? Before you worked out could you turn sideways and become invisible?
    6'2*. And yes. I am one skinny f***. I do workout but it's really just a joke.

June 2011, 245
    Lowest I weighed in 2012 was 170 in July, settled in at 175 since, put on 4-5 lbs over the Holidays despite putting in 5 mi, 5 days a week on the road.
    Goal would be 170-175, and complete a marathon befor 2014.
    5 users like catfishcurtis's post: andymancan20, McRib, pmartin50, thurman murman, Tug Medick

Time to weigh in

Get down to 185 and change the two pack to a six pack. Want to complete two gladiator dashes (whatever they're called) and a half marathon.
    The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by oudavid1 View Post
    6'2*. And yes. I am one skinny f***. I do workout but it's really just a joke.
    6'4", 143? lmao

started out weighing 187 in January of 2012, did Crossfit for 6 months and dieted hard and got down to 168 and was lean at around 10% bf

then decided after the summer to go on a 3.5 month hard bulk diet and got my weight up to 202 before I started cutting, now down to 197-200 range every day

cutting hasn't been as successful as I wanted it due to birthday/thanksgiving/christmas and boozing...been working out still but my food intake has been pretty awful...I will be dieting hard again the next few months to lean up, I want to be 185 @ 12%

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    started out weighing 187 in January of 2012, did Crossfit for 6 months and dieted hard and got down to 168 and was lean at around 10% bf

then decided after the summer to go on a 3.5 month hard bulk diet and got my weight up to 202 before I started cutting, now down to 197-200 range every day

cutting hasn't been as successful as I wanted it due to birthday/thanksgiving/christmas and boozing...been working out still but my food intake has been pretty awful...I will be dieting hard again the next few months to lean up, I want to be 185 @ 12%
    Are you in the 5'8"-5'9" range?

Your stats sound similar to mine.

What program were you on to bulk? SS?

What are your lifting stats, if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: guess it would only be fair to list mine first. Bench at the end of November was 255, DL 415, Press 175, Squat 265 (I'm terrible at squats).

andymancan: "Bloodwork champion of Landthieves"
    4 users like OuachitaSooner's post: andymancan20, Clark W. Griswold, mgsooner, oucub23

EDIT: guess it would only be fair to list mine first. Bench at the end of November was 255, DL 415, Press 175, Squat 265 (I'm terrible at squats).
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-w...ng-trainer.htm
    This is the program I've used. In 2011 I went from 168 to 210 (wanted to see if I could get to 200, hit 195 in no time and then just kept going). I just started it back up again and am on week 5 and have gone from 190 to 200. The biggest reason I put weight on so easily was that I had never really done squats or deadlifts. Once I started those, my numbers took off. The most I had ever benched before was 1 rep of 205, my last week of the bulk I was doing 6 sets of 3 reps at 275lbs.

Originally Posted by OuachitaSooner View Post
    andymancan: "Bloodwork champion of Landthieves"
    I got dibs on the UAs.

Originally Posted by NAMLOOT View Post
    I got dibs on the UAs.
    You're an odd fella.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You're an odd fella.
    We like you too cubby.

I'm 5'10" but my bulk was a diet of 3,500-4,000 calories per day with at least 180g protein/day and sometimes up to 220g protein whether that came from shakes, meats and quinoa (btw, quinoa is a great food to eat if you're bulking and it's got everything you need if you eat it throughout the day)

my workout plans were stout, I used a Smolov Squat Routine (4x a week, but only recommend that if you are eating a lot and can recover throughout the week), I used an old NFL 8 week bench routine to increase power (PM me with your email address and I'll send you the excel file I created that you can use or modify as you see fit)

other than that I was doing deadlifting once a week...pull-ups, shoulder press, shrugs and isolation work on arms and calves a couple times a week

My stats are, at least the things I've been working on this past year:

Bench: 245 (never was my strong suit and hurt my wrist, but I did add 35 lbs. to my bench max after 8 weeks on the program I mentioned above)
    Deadlift: 415 (high five, haven't done any real heavy deadlifting since this summer so I believe I could probably do closer to 450 if I did)
    Squat: 345 (did that in November but sprained my medial meniscus so I'm only doing squats at 185/225 range right now to build up strength again)
    OH Press: 165 (strict, I can do more with a little bounce for momentum but I don't usually count that in a conversation)
    Leg Press: 923 (shooting for 1000 and have been working on this more lately while my knee heals)

Power Rep Total (Bench, Squat, DL): 1005 lbs. (proud of this, been wanting to hit that plateau for some time now)
    2 users like greensooner's post: jdmt37, OilSooner

Time to weigh in

Was 290 in mid June. Decided to turn it around...sitting at 232-233 after kicking my own ass the last 6 months.

Should make my 60 lb goal by vacation on January 18th.

Next goal is 190 by July 4th, which is an even 100.
    2 users like SoonerAmongThePack's post: IndySooner, jdmt37

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    Was 290 in mid June. Decided to turn it around...sitting at 232-233 after kicking my own ass the last 6 months.

Should make my 60 lb goal by vacation on January 18th.

Next goal is 190 by July 4th, which is an even 100.
    great job man, that's awesome and keep up the good work

hearing success stories like that is motivation for us all
    The following users like this post: SoonerAmongThePack

Time to weigh in

great job man, that's awesome and keep up the good work

hearing success stories like that is motivation for us all
    Thanks man, appreciate it! Got a new routine and this one I'm glad to be stuck in this one.

Boxed up all my old jeans, shirts, and pants last weekend and finally did some shopping. Down 3 pant sizes and 1-2 shirt sizes.
    The following users like this post: McRib

I have the numbers if you're interested...it's not to brag but was meant to encourage myself to keep going bc there's no way those numbers stay where they are if I had kept living the way I was
    I say brag away!!! That is awesome that you have lost that much weight. Its not easy to do or everyone would be at their ideal weight. Congrats and good luck.

Tweet today:
    @ChrisShugart
    There are 120 pound chubby women. There are 165 lb lean women. Never compare weight with others. Height and body comp change everything.
    The following users like this post: Bk2X

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-w...ng-trainer.htm
    This is the program I've used. In 2011 I went from 168 to 210 (wanted to see if I could get to 200, hit 195 in no time and then just kept going). I just started it back up again and am on week 5 and have gone from 190 to 200. The biggest reason I put weight on so easily was that I had never really done squats or deadlifts. Once I started those, my numbers took off. The most I had ever benched before was 1 rep of 205, my last week of the bulk I was doing 6 sets of 3 reps at 275lbs.
    Thanks for this link. Been reading articles on that site and some of the comments are fun. Lot's of "broscience".

Tweet 2 of the day
    ‏@ChrisShugart
    Number one excuse for not exercising: not enough time. Number of hours average person watches TV per day: 5.

I'm 5'10" but my bulk was a diet of 3,500-4,000 calories per day with at least 180g protein/day and sometimes up to 220g protein whether that came from shakes, meats and quinoa (btw, quinoa is a great food to eat if you're bulking and it's got everything you need if you eat it throughout the day)

my workout plans were stout, I used a Smolov Squat Routine (4x a week, but only recommend that if you are eating a lot and can recover throughout the week), I used an old NFL 8 week bench routine to increase power (PM me with your email address and I'll send you the excel file I created that you can use or modify as you see fit)

other than that I was doing deadlifting once a week...pull-ups, shoulder press, shrugs and isolation work on arms and calves a couple times a week

My stats are, at least the things I've been working on this past year:

Bench: 245 (never was my strong suit and hurt my wrist, but I did add 35 lbs. to my bench max after 8 weeks on the program I mentioned above)
    Deadlift: 415 (high five, haven't done any real heavy deadlifting since this summer so I believe I could probably do closer to 450 if I did)
    Squat: 345 (did that in November but sprained my medial meniscus so I'm only doing squats at 185/225 range right now to build up strength again)
    OH Press: 165 (strict, I can do more with a little bounce for momentum but I don't usually count that in a conversation)
    Leg Press: 923 (shooting for 1000 and have been working on this more lately while my knee heals)

Power Rep Total (Bench, Squat, DL): 1005 lbs. (proud of this, been wanting to hit that plateau for some time now)

Nice, maybe try the Coan Phillipi Deadlift Routine
    http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/c...lipi_deadlift/