SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Posted 475 day(s) ago 9241 Views 172 Replies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3
    vCash

SEC Speed SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

JOKE!

That is all. Loving today so far!
    The following users like this post: NAMLOOT

If Bama wins NC, media will continue to reverse cowgirl ride SEC's ****.

Well they are about to be 2-1 today when UGA comes back.

vCash

Or 1-4 if Michigan and Nebraska can find a way to win.

**** u^^

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Well they are about to be 2-1 today when UGA comes back.
    Bs

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Meechigun takes the lead.

vCash

Go Nebby, Michigan! Wooh!

vCash

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Nebraska pissing me off
    2 users like PigSooner's post: BajaOklahoma, Nuked

vCash

Regardless of the outcome, the competitiveness of all their games by teams that, according to the talking heads, should not be on the field with SEC greatness show that the continual over rating of SEC teams is unwarranted. No one will ever out rank them when they continually have their top 10 circle jerk.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner

It's really funny the Big 10 is competing so hard in these games. They aren't a top three conference and giving the amazing SEC all they can handle in most of these games that pit them against each other.

vCash

Venables beat lsu!

vCash

Originally Posted by LVSOONER15 View Post
    Venables beat lsu!
    Held LSU to nine first downs the entire game. Nine.
    The following users like this post: ab5sr

good job op this is your fault

vCash

Great thread.

Re: SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Wtf is going on in here?

vCash

Absolutely still stands. According to everyone on the planet, Michigan and Nebraska had zero place on the same field as South Carolina and Georgia, yet they still won. Mississippi State, one of the teams that gets the credit for the "depth" of the SEC, loses to Northwestern. LSU chokes against a VERY mediocre Clemson team. The SEC is overrated as hell.
    3 users like IndySooner's post: freedombird, LVSOONER15, tennsooner

vCash

I hate the SEC circle jerking as much as anyone, but I also know to not judge conferences based on bowl performance. We need to look no further than OU vs Boise, and OU vs Arky(Switzer yrs), to see the difference between casually approaching a bowl game, and playing like it's your last.

Everyone would agree we beat Boise St. at least 8 out of 10 times had we shown up, and Arky 9 out of 10 had we taken them serious, and prepped a little better.

Because of the hype surrounding their conference, they probably get everyone's best shot during bowl season.......
    The following users like this post: Jason

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    Absolutely still stands. According to everyone on the planet, Michigan and Nebraska had zero place on the same field as South Carolina and Georgia, yet they still won. Mississippi State, one of the teams that gets the credit for the "depth" of the SEC, loses to Northwestern. LSU chokes against a VERY mediocre Clemson team. The SEC is overrated as hell.
    Yeah... That's exactly how the media will spin it.

The OU team that lost to Boise is arguably Stoops' worst team.

Alabama/Utah was way worse than ou/bozo st

vCash

Originally Posted by 85sooners View Post
    Alabama/Utah was way worse than ou/bozo st
    No kidding. That Bama team was 12-1 and top 5. They got murdered.

vCash

But they are an $EC team, so its not a issue if they lose to a non-BCS school
    2 users like SoonerSapper's post: CCSooner, freedombird

vCash

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    The OU team that lost to Boise is arguably Stoops' worst team.
    An 11-3 team that won the conference was worse than the 99, 05 and 09 teams that each lost 5 games? Given all that happened during the season, it's fair to say they were the most overachieving Stoops team, but far from the worse.
    4 users like oorah_okie's post: CNCSOONER, Jason, Sooner209, Widescreen

vCash

Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    I hate the SEC circle jerking as much as anyone, but I also know to not judge conferences based on bowl performance. We need to look no further than OU vs Boise, and OU vs Arky(Switzer yrs), to see the difference between casually approaching a bowl game, and playing like it's your last.

Everyone would agree we beat Boise St. at least 8 out of 10 times had we shown up, and Arky 9 out of 10 had we taken them serious, and prepped a little better.

Because of the hype surrounding their conference, they probably get everyone's best shot during bowl season.......
    I tend to agree with you, but the same argument could have been said about both Nebraska and Michigan's feelings coming into the games today. Fact is, the media said that they had no business even playing on the same field as the vaunted "top 10 SEC" teams, and they both nearly won.

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    An 11-3 team that won the conference was worse than the 99, 05 and 09 teams that each lost 5 games? Given all that happened during the season, it's fair to say they were the most overachieving Stoops team, but far from the worse.
    Well put. From worst I would probably rank 05, 09, then a tie between 06 and 99 next.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

vCash

Utah was playing hard, those guys were knocking Bama on their ass.

vCash

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Well put. From worst I would probably rank 05, 09, then a tie between 06 and 99 next.
    Quite honestly, if they had just beaten Boise State, that 06 season would be my second favorite season in the Stoops era.

vCash

Yea, and Iowa had the best defense in the world a few years ago.

Its funny to watch you all try to spin the SEC into this overrated conference. Pretty pathetic and very reminiscent of OSU fans to be honest.
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

vCash

Originally Posted by ousooner_4 View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but the same argument could have been said about both Nebraska and Michigan's feelings coming into the games today. Fact is, the media said that they had no business even playing on the same field as the vaunted "top 10 SEC" teams, and they both nearly won.
    Nebraska didn't "nearly win". They lost by two touchdowns.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    I said arguably. I contend those other teams, all things considered, were slightly better. The point is, that team overachieved big time.

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Nebraska didn't "nearly win". They lost by two touchdowns.
    It was a closer game than the final reflected. Nebs was ahead by 8 in the 3rd quarter. UGA SEC'd up and wasted them. SEC gets a lot of credit for their bowl record lately and at least half are against Big X teams.

vCash

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Its funny to watch you all try to spin the SEC into this overrated conference. Pretty pathetic and very reminiscent of OSU fans to be honest.
    How anyone can have watched the bowl season and think any conference is heads and shoulders better than any other conference is baffling to me.

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

True, but in the regular season, the SEC only plays each other and Sam Houston State.

So what are we to judge them on if not the bowls?

vCash

How anyone can have watched the bowl season and think any conference is heads and shoulders better than any other conference is baffling to me.
    When did I say anything about another conference being better than another? My only point was that its pretty sad to see how jealous people are of the SEC and how they will do anything they can to bend the truth to convince themselves that they are overrated.
    - NW was favored over MissSt and ranked higher, but that loss proves the SEC is overrated
    - USCe was favored by 5.5 over Michigan and only won by 5, that WIN proves the SEC is overrated
    - Georgia is favored over UNL by 8.5-9.5 and only beats them by 14, that WIN and cover proves that the SEC is overrated

vCash

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    True, but in the regular season, the SEC only plays each other and Sam Houston State.

SEC played a tougher NC schedule than the B12 did this year.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post

Well they kill mid majors and junior colleges, so they must be the best right?? Right???

SEC played a tougher NC schedule than the B12 did this year.
    Really? It's true but utterly nonsensical. The SEC played 56 OOC games. The Big12 only played 30. The Big12, additionally, lost some of its marquee matchups due to conference realignment. Nobody in their right mind can compare the SEC and Big12 and think the SEC deserves credit for scheduling.
    The following users like this post: fdubzou

vCash

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

When did I say anything about another conference being better than another? My only point was that its pretty sad to see how jealous people are of the SEC and how they will do anything they can to bend the truth to convince themselves that they are overrated.
    - NW was favored over MissSt and ranked higher, but that loss proves the SEC is overrated
    - USCe was favored by 5.5 over Michigan and only won by 5, that WIN proves the SEC is overrated
    - Georgia is favored over UNL by 8.5-9.5 and only beats them by 14, that WIN and cover proves that the SEC is overrated
    So you think the SEC should have six top 10 teams? If not, they're overrated.

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerMinister View Post
    Really? It's true
    Yep, everything else us just trying to twist the truth to make the SEC look bad.

OU schedules good for the most part. They at least schedule helmet teams, and teams which have been playing good when they schedule them. But, for the rest of the B12....not a whole lot to brag about.

vCash

So you think the SEC should have six top 10 teams? If not, they're overrated.
    Teams 11-20 are as follows: OU, FSU, OrSt, Clemson, No Illinois, Nebraska, UCLA, Michigan, BSU and Northwestern

South Carolina is #10. The only team that I could see moved ahead of So Carolina in that group of 11-20 is OU, and thats mostly because I'm a homer. You've already said that Clemson is very mediocre, so you can't really argue to move them ahead. FSU isn't any better than Clemson. Oregon St proved its worth against mighty Texas. Nebraska and Michigan lost to top 10 SEC teams....

So yea, I can't argue much that they are overrated. Care to use some sort of logic to explain why you think they ARE overrated?

Everyone would agree we beat Boise St. at least 8 out of 10 times had we shown up, and Arky 9 out of 10 had we taken them serious, and prepped a little better........

Everyone is a ginormous number.

vCash

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Teams 11-20 are as follows: OU, FSU, OrSt, Clemson, No Illinois, Nebraska, UCLA, Michigan, BSU and Northwestern

South Carolina is #10. The only team that I could see moved ahead of So Carolina in that group of 11-20 is OU, and thats mostly because I'm a homer. You've already said that Clemson is very mediocre, so you can't really argue to move them ahead. FSU isn't any better than Clemson. Oregon St proved its worth against mighty Texas. Nebraska and Michigan lost to top 10 SEC teams....

So yea, I can't argue much that they are overrated. Care to use some sort of logic to explain why you think they ARE overrated?
    Clemson beat LSU so that will fix that. We win our game and stuff works out. Last year was really the screwing. Okie St should have gotten a shot

vCash

The worst spin is the pro-SEC talk from the media. Did you hear what they were saying during LSU/Clemson? The announcers said the SEC had 6 teams that were national title contenders and that if there were a playoff 3 of the 4 teams would be from the SEC - Bama, Florida, and Georgia because "you can't make a case for leaving Georgia out."

On November 17 there were three undefeated teams and NONE were from the SEC. All 6 of those "contenders" needed other teams to lose in conference to have a shot. In fact, here is when the SEC teams lost and were basically eliminated:

Texas A&M - Sept. 8, Oct. 20
    LSU - Oct. 6, Nov. 3
    Georgia - Oct. 6, Dec. 1
    South Carolina - Oct. 13, Oct. 20
    Florida - Oct. 27
    Alabama - Nov. 10

Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Florida were the only SEC teams to make the top 5 of the BCS and LSU only spent a week at #5. So it's pretty absurd for the media to say the SEC had 6 NC contenders.

And there is a very clear case for leaving Georgia out of a playoff - ND, Bama, Florida, KSU, and Oregon all have better records. Stanford has the same record, a conference title and went 5-1 against ranked teams while Georgia went 1-2 and one of those losses was by 35 points.

vCash

deleted
    Last edited by Sooner Eclipse; January 1st, 2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Utah lined up and mauled Alabama that game.

OU / Boise is always the highlight reel for the mid major types, you never see the Bama game getting much press.

The SEC is the best conference but gets too much Tebow treatment by the media.

vCash

I don't think we root against the SEC because we are jealous, we root against them in hopes that the bullshit will stop being shoved in our faces 24/7 by the media. Are they the best conference? Yes. By how much? Not much, really--- not so much so that it needs to be pointed out at every damn turn. Nebraska was a team that got ass ****d by Wisconsin a month ago. Saying that UGA was 8 point favorites in Vegas means nothing more than that's the way the line was set to achieve equal betting on each side. This UGA team came within very bad clock mismanagement of beating Bama a month ago. All the SECSECSEC media types expected a bigger UGA win. Same with the S car game.

I would be shocked if Bama beats ND.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner

The SEC isn't invincible but it is still the best conference by quite a bit. State laid an egg today but they are no better than the 8th best team in the league. LSU choked away the Clemson game but Clemson is still a solid Top 20 team that South Carolina destroyed a few weeks ago. The Top 6 of the SEC is still far stronger than the Top 6 from any other conference as a whole.

In truth the 2 games that have the most national attention around the SEC have yet to be played, Bama/ND and A&M/OU. Those are the 2 that most will look to for the strength of the conference this year. Florida could fall asleep against Louisville and Ole Miss is playing in a blah game with Pitt.