SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Posted 474 day(s) ago by IndySooner9235 Views 172 Replies
Results 51 to 100 of 173
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
  1. #51
    Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    The SEC isn't invincible but it is still the best conference by quite a bit. State laid an egg today but they are no better than the 8th best team in the league. LSU choked away the Clemson game but Clemson is still a solid Top 20 team that South Carolina destroyed a few weeks ago. The Top 6 of the SEC is still far stronger than the Top 6 from any other conference as a whole.

    In truth the 2 games that have the most national attention around the SEC have yet to be played, Bama/ND and A&M/OU. Those are the 2 that most will look to for the strength of the conference this year. Florida could fall asleep against Louisville and Ole Miss is playing in a blah game with Pitt.
    You were touting Mississippi State as a quality win for A&M a couple weeks ago.

  2. #52
    thurman murman's Avatar
    Posts
    7,619
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    4000
    Location
    The Peanut Gallery

    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    You were touting Mississippi State as a quality win for A&M a couple weeks ago.
    It's not Mississippi State. It's "State".

    Don't you know they're just one big family now?
    2 users like thurman murman's post: party1234, TeLeFaWx


  3. #53
    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    You were touting Mississippi State as a quality win for A&M a couple weeks ago.
    It was a nice win for A&M. At the time they were 7-1 and ranked in the Top 15 with only one loss to Bama on the road and they even busted out commemorative "Snow Bowl" uniforms for the game. A&M walked in to Starkville and went up 38-0 while coasting to a W. Was it an epic victory? No, but it was a pretty good one, especially because it was such a dominant one. I was surprised they played so badly today, Russell has been a pretty good QB this year but he made the Oregon State QB look good today.

    As I said, the SEC isn't invincible but they still have by far the strongest resume. At this point the best OOC win for the Big 12 for instance is Texas beating Oregon State. The 2 games most people care about though are still to come.

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    I hate the SEC circle jerking as much as anyone, but I also know to not judge conferences based on bowl performance. We need to look no further than OU vs Boise, and OU vs Arky(Switzer yrs), to see the difference between casually approaching a bowl game, and playing like it's your last.

    Everyone would agree we beat Boise St. at least 8 out of 10 times had we shown up, and Arky 9 out of 10 had we taken them serious, and prepped a little better.

    Because of the hype surrounding their conference, they probably get everyone's best shot during bowl season.......
    I disagree with you on the 1978 Orange Bowl game with Arkansas. That was a failure to bring appropriate equipment. The wrong cleats were brought, we couldn't stay on our feet for love nor money. But the players did hussle. That was the last Orange we attended.
    And, if I remember correctly, we got our first equipment truck before the '78 season.

  5. #55
    Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    It was a nice win for A&M. At the time they were 7-1 and ranked in the Top 15 with only one loss to Bama on the road and they even busted out commemorative "Snow Bowl" uniforms for the game. A&M walked in to Starkville and went up 38-0 while coasting to a W. Was it an epic victory? No, but it was a pretty good one, especially because it was such a dominant one. I was surprised they played so badly today, Russell has been a pretty good QB this year but he made the Oregon State QB look good today.
    And why were they ranked 11 when they went to 'Bama? It had to be their impressive 4 weeks of victories over Troy (by 6), South Alabama (by 20), Kentucky (by 13), and Tenn (by 10) right? I mean, what a gauntlet.

  6. #56
    Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    I said arguably. I contend those other teams, all things considered, were slightly better. The point is, that team overachieved big time.
    That team may have been Stoops best year of coaching.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie


  7. #57
    Originally Posted by IndoSooner View Post
    That team may have been Stoops best year of coaching.
    I agree 100%

  8. #58
    How each is faring during the postseason games (through games of 1/1)

    Conference Schools Record Win %
    WAC (2) SJSU, UtahSt 2-0 1.000
    C-USA (5) ECU, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UCF 4-1 .800
    ACC (6) Clem, Duke, FSU, GT, NCS, VT 4-2 .667
    Big East (5) Cincy, Lou, Pitt, Rutgers, Syr 2-1 .667
    SEC (9) Ala,Fla,Geor,LSU,Miss,MissSt,SCar,T&M,Vandy 3-2 .600
    Big 12 (9) Bay, ISU, KState, OU, OklSt, Texas, TCU, TT, WVU 4-3 .571
    Ind. (3) BYU, Navy, ND 1-1 .500
    Pac-12 (8) Ariz, ASU, Ore, OreSt, Stan, UCLA, USC, Wash 3-4 .429
    MAC (7) BallSt, BGreen, CMU, KentSt, NIU, Ohio, Toledo 2-4 .333
    Sun Belt (4) ArkSt, La.-Laf., La.-Monroe, WKU 1-2 .333
    Big Ten(7) Mich, MichSt, Minn, Neb, N'Wstrn, Pur, Wis 2-5 .286
    MWC (5) AF, Boise, FresnoSt, Nev, SDSU 1-4 .200

  9. #59
    Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Yep, everything else us just trying to twist the truth to make the SEC look bad.

    OU schedules good for the most part. They at least schedule helmet teams, and teams which have been playing good when they schedule them. But, for the rest of the B12....not a whole lot to brag about.
    lol. Trying to twist the truth? I frankly don't care at all about the SEC (or the Big12). I was just pointing out that you made an utterly idiotic argument. I could point out that the SEC had twice as many OOC losses this season as the Big12. It sounds damming. It doesn't mean a lot if you know the disparity in the number of OOC games played by each.

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    And why were they ranked 11 when they went to 'Bama? It had to be their impressive 4 weeks of victories over Troy (by 6), South Alabama (by 20), Kentucky (by 13), and Tenn (by 10) right? I mean, what a gauntlet.
    As I said, it wasn't an epic victory but it was a good one especially because of the circumstances at the time and the dominance of it. They were a team that beat all the bad teams they played and lost to the better ones in the end. Probably comparable to when OU went into Lubbock and beat Tech when they were riding high at the time.

  11. #61

    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    As I said, it wasn't an epic victory but it was a good one especially because of the circumstances at the time and the dominance of it. They were a team that beat all the bad teams they played and lost to the better ones in the end. Probably comparable to when OU went into Lubbock and beat Tech when they were riding high at the time.
    You didn't answer my question...why were they ranked that high?

  12. #62

    Re: SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    JOKE!

    That is all. Loving today so far!
    Serious question. How much of a threat does the average OU fan think the SEC is? A thread like this screams insecurity. Recruits want to play against the best. Everyone realizes that. If A&M wasn't in the SEC they wouldn't have gotten Justin Manning. Since OU is still a blue blood, they are somewhat insulated from the dominance born in dixie, but not impervious. Threads like these make me wonder, though.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #63
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    You didn't answer my question...why were they ranked that high?
    They were ranked that high because they were 7-1 and at the time their Auburn and Tennessee wins looked better than they were. Tech was also ranked about the same at one point. WVU was Top 3 at one point as well I believe. Oklahoma beat both teams which looked good at the time, though neither win was as dominant as how A&M destroyed Miss State. Still we are talking about teams that were once ranked but ended up not being all that special.

    If you want to know why the SEC is getting props it is because they won all their big OOC games during the season. UF beat FSU. USC beat Clemson. LSU destroyed Washington that later beat Stanford. Bama ****d Michigan to start the year. Georgia destroyed GTech. A&M's best OOC was the La Tech game which wasn't all that impressive but it was a W on the road. The LSU loss to Clemson was really the first significant OOC loss by the better SEC teams all year. Of course there is also some carryover in opinion from the last few years with the SEC winning most of their big OOC games as well, though they have had some losses there. You can find holes in those arguments for certain, as I said the SEC is not invincible. Still it is a lot more impressive than what any of the other conferences can claim. OU was really the only Big 12 team that played a notable team OOC with ND but lost. I do give OU props for at least scheduling good OOC opponents though.

  14. #64
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    If A&M wasn't in the SEC they wouldn't have gotten Justin Manning.
    Yes, they would have.

  15. #65
    What pisses me off is the commentator during the LSU/Clemson game saying that "if there were a 4 team playoff this year, you could argue putting 3 SEC teams with ND."
    Then Clemson went on to beat LSU.

    What sucks is knowing that every year this will be the case, because the teams at the top of the SEC don't have to play each other in many cases (see Bama vs. Georgia). There will always be a couple or 3 SEC teams in the top ten with one fewer loss than they should have, as we see in other conferences.
    That is the joke of it all, and the joke is on everyone but the SEC.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner


  16. #66
    Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    They were ranked that high because they were 7-1 and at the time their Auburn and Tennessee wins looked better than they were. Tech was also ranked about the same at one point. WVU was Top 3 at one point as well I believe. Oklahoma beat both teams which looked good at the time, though neither win was as dominant as how A&M destroyed Miss State. Still we are talking about teams that were once ranked but ended up not being all that special.

    If you want to know why the SEC is getting props it is because they won all their big OOC games during the season. UF beat FSU. USC beat Clemson. LSU destroyed Washington that later beat Stanford. Bama ****d Michigan to start the year. Georgia destroyed GTech. A&M's best OOC was the La Tech game which wasn't all that impressive but it was a W on the road. The LSU loss to Clemson was really the first significant OOC loss by the better SEC teams all year. Of course there is also some carryover in opinion from the last few years with the SEC winning most of their big OOC games as well, though they have had some losses there. You can find holes in those arguments for certain, as I said the SEC is not invincible. Still it is a lot more impressive than what any of the other conferences can claim. OU was really the only Big 12 team that played a notable team OOC with ND but lost. I do give OU props for at least scheduling good OOC opponents though.
    The reason Miss St got that boost was due to the SEC patch. It's great if you are in the SEC but they did nothing to deserve that ranking. TTech wasn't ranked in the top 20 until beating West Va and TCU the 2 weeks after losing to OU. WVa was on a 4 game losing streak when OU played them but yes, they were highly overrated based purely on hype of the offense and Geno Smith earlier in the season no doubt. That's similar treatement to what Miss State got from just being in the SEC. That's what's bad about these polls...the bias as seen in the preseason rankings. The SEC is getting a huge boost right now because of the things they have done right. Doesn't mean it's accurate on a year to year basis.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner


  17. #67
    Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    What pisses me off is the commentator during the LSU/Clemson game saying that "if there were a 4 team playoff this year, you could argue putting 3 SEC teams with ND."
    Then Clemson went on to beat LSU.

    What sucks is knowing that every year this will be the case, because the teams at the top of the SEC don't have to play each other in many cases (see Bama vs. Georgia). There will always be a couple or 3 SEC teams in the top ten with one fewer loss than they should have, as we see in other conferences.
    That is the joke of it all, and the joke is on everyone but the SEC.
    Yep. Slive definitely has the scheduling figured out....put a bunch of big name programs in a Conference so the perception is "crazy tuff" then make sure the big teams don't all play each other and accumulate losses. Big 12 should do the same

  18. #68
    IndySooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,603
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    3839
    Location
    Edmond

    I've said it many times. The SEC does two things better than anyone:

    1) Scheduling
    2) Marketing
    The following users like this post: oSuJeff97


  19. #69
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,010
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Originally Posted by thurman murman View Post
    It's not Mississippi State. It's "State".

    Don't you know they're just one big family now?
    Now I know I lived in Mississippi way too long. When I read what he wrote, I didn't even notice he didn't say Mississippi State.

  20. #70
    Don't know why you guys would get into arguments over this. Fact is they have won 6 straight titles and playing for their 7th in a row. Until they get knocked off at least a couple years in a row they are undoubtedly head and shoulders above any other conference. Doesn't matter if we beat A&M by 50, if Bama wins the bias will continue and deservedly so.

  21. #71
    Originally Posted by OSUSUCKSDICK View Post
    Don't know why you guys would get into arguments over this. Fact is they have won 6 straight titles and playing for their 7th in a row. Until they get knocked off at least a couple years in a row they are undoubtedly head and shoulders above any other conference. Doesn't matter if we beat A&M by 50, if Bama wins the bias will continue and deservedly so.
    I'll agree and disagree. At the top they have proven to be the best no doubt...but the media, ESPN for sure, makes it sound like that the top 8 teams in the SEC would win any other conference. That's simply not the case year to year. aTm having the year that they did is kind of proving that. They are a Big XII team still.

  22. #72
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    I'll agree and disagree. At the top they have proven to be the best no doubt...but the media, ESPN for sure, makes it sound like that the top 8 teams in the SEC would win any other conference. That's simply not the case year to year. aTm having the year that they did is kind of proving that. They are a Big XII team still.
    LOL no they're not. They aren't even close to the same team as last year. It's stupid to think like that, because if they were in the big 12 this year they probably would have won it.

  23. #73
    Originally Posted by OSUSUCKSDICK View Post
    LOL no they're not. They aren't even close to the same team as last year. It's stupid to think like that, because if they were in the big 12 this year they probably would have won it.
    Maybe, maybe not. They would have faced teams very similar and very familiar with them. They would have faced teams that could keep up with their scoring putting more pressure on their offense. We don't know. Them going in and doing well shows me that the SEC conference isn't quite as dominant as most think.

    And just because their personnel is different, they are still a Big XII styled team. They are not an SEC styled team. Nobody making that move would have been.

  24. #74
    More credit belongs to Alabama and Florida since they have been responsible for 4 of the SEC's current string of 6 titles. And the SEC sure as hell didn't make Alabama and Florida the teams that they have been.

  25. #75
    Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    The SEC isn't invincible but it is still the best conference by quite a bit. State laid an egg today but they are no better than the 8th best team in the league. LSU choked away the Clemson game but Clemson is still a solid Top 20 team that South Carolina destroyed a few weeks ago. The Top 6 of the SEC is still far stronger than the Top 6 from any other conference as a whole.

    In truth the 2 games that have the most national attention around the SEC have yet to be played, Bama/ND and A&M/OU. Those are the 2 that most will look to for the strength of the conference this year. Florida could fall asleep against Louisville and Ole Miss is playing in a blah game with Pitt.
    Perhaps, but the bottom 6 is by far worse than any other conferences bottom 6. And with a league split into 2 divisions, a "Good" SEC team will only face at max 3 other "Good" SEC teams. So, South Carolina and LSU for instance can beat one team they are supposedly "on-par" with, and then lose to two other teams they are "on-par" with and still be top 10 teams. It may be harder to go undefeated in the SEC, but as far as getting 10+ wins, the Big 12 is twice is hard. You play less non-conference games, only have 1 Kansas to not worry about beating. For a middle of the road SEC team (Your gies) You got, SMU, La Tech, SC state (Who?), Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss. State, Sam Houston State, Missouri. That's nine automatic wins. Throw in a miracle against the Tide, who had they ever had to game plan against a spread attack before would have destroyed ya'll, and you get a month long BJ by ESPN. Saying the SEC is so goooood after getting railed with the iron pipe of a Big-12 conference schedule is the typical aggie move. Now, that being said, I believe the cotton bowl will be a good game. TAMU is a formidable opponent, however I hope to hell we tuck your tail in between your legs so far that that dumbass inbred dog wont even want to mount Manziel.

  26. #76
    OUnimrod's Avatar
    Posts
    129
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Not the end of the world, but I can see it from here.

    ^^^What he said!

  27. #77

    Re: SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    I'll agree and disagree. At the top they have proven to be the best no doubt...but the media, ESPN for sure, makes it sound like that the top 8 teams in the SEC would win any other conference. That's simply not the case year to year. aTm having the year that they did is kind of proving that. They are a Big XII team still.
    A&M is not a Big 12 team, as if that was even a homogenous term. They have a transcendent player at the QB position, and that makes all the difference first and foremost. If Landry was A&M's signal caller, they wouldnt be bowl eligible. Truth.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

  28. #78

    Re: SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by FreakyT View Post
    Perhaps, but the bottom 6 is by far worse than any other conferences bottom 6. And with a league split into 2 divisions, a "Good" SEC team will only face at max 3 other "Good" SEC teams. So, South Carolina and LSU for instance can beat one team they are supposedly "on-par" with, and then lose to two other teams they are "on-par" with and still be top 10 teams. It may be harder to go undefeated in the SEC, but as far as getting 10+ wins, the Big 12 is twice is hard. You play less non-conference games, only have 1 Kansas to not worry about beating. For a middle of the road SEC team (Your gies) You got, SMU, La Tech, SC state (Who?), Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss. State, Sam Houston State, Missouri. That's nine automatic wins. Throw in a miracle against the Tide, who had they ever had to game plan against a spread attack before would have destroyed ya'll, and you get a month long BJ by ESPN. Saying the SEC is so goooood after getting railed with the iron pipe of a Big-12 conference schedule is the typical aggie move. Now, that being said, I believe the cotton bowl will be a good game. TAMU is a formidable opponent, however I hope to hell we tuck your tail in between your legs so far that that dumbass inbred dog wont even want to mount Manziel.
    That being said, OU can lose their only good opponent, at home no less, have ZERO... I repeat... ZERO impressive wins, and be number 11? Far more ludicrous than a two loss LSU team being top ten.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

  29. #79
    meoveryouxinfinity's Avatar
    Posts
    1,402
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    It was a nice win for A&M. At the time they were 7-1 and ranked in the Top 15 with only one loss to Bama on the road and they even busted out commemorative "Snow Bowl" uniforms for the game. A&M walked in to Starkville and went up 38-0 while coasting to a W. Was it an epic victory? No, but it was a pretty good one, especially because it was such a dominant one. I was surprised they played so badly today, Russell has been a pretty good QB this year but he made the Oregon State QB look good today.

    As I said, the SEC isn't invincible but they still have by far the strongest resume. At this point the best OOC win for the Big 12 for instance is Texas beating Oregon State. The 2 games most people care about though are still to come.
    Oh well since they had special snow bowl uniforms I totally agree. I had overlooked that.

  30. #80

    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    A&M is not a Big 12 team, as if that was even a homogenous term. They have a transcendent player at the QB position, and that makes all the difference first and foremost. If Landry was A&M's signal caller, they wouldnt be bowl eligible. Truth.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    They run a spread offense and run lots of plays. They are still a Big XII team. You can't change overnight. Don't be discouraged by the term, its actually a compliment. Its why you went 10-2. Your style of play may actually have the bottom feeders change the way they play to even the field. You are transcending the SEC.

  31. #81

    Re: SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    They run a spread offense and run lots of plays. They are still a Big XII team. You can't change overnight. Don't be discouraged by the term, its actually a compliment. Its why you went 10-2. Your style of play may actually have the bottom feeders change the way they play to even the field. You are transcending the SEC.
    The spread was in the SEC before A&M.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

  32. #82
    Will they still be talking about the SEC dominance if they go 3-5 in the bowl games?

  33. #83
    We better be prepared for our helmets to be ripped off. Apparently, that's not a penalty if you're an SEC team. OU can't do it, but a&m will be allowed to commit all manner of personal fouls with no flags due to their membership in espn, er, I mean the SEC.
    The following users like this post: DarrellS011


  34. #84
    That's no shit. This Florida game is getting bad. Only time I've EVER seen a player stick a finger right in a ref's face.

  35. #85
    ResidentEvil's Avatar
    Posts
    3,272
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Vegas

    Originally Posted by SoonerMinister View Post
    I was just pointing out that you made an utterly idiotic argument. I could point out that the SEC had twice as many OOC losses this season as the Big12. It sounds damming. It doesn't mean a lot if you know the disparity in the number of OOC games played by each.
    No I didn't. I said that the SEC played a tougher non conference schedule than the B12 this year. Look at the marquee games (either helmet teams or teams having a good year):
    B12: ND, Iowa, Tulsa, Miami, Virginia, Ole Miss, Arizona, Maryland
    SEC: Arizona St, Syracuse, Clemson, FSU, Michigan, Texas, Clemson, Wake Forest, Ga Tech, NC State, Washington, Louisville, Tulsa, Rutgers

    B12: 30 total non con games, 8 "marquee" type games
    SEC: 56 total non con games, 14 "marquee" type games

    So I'd say that at worst the OOC schedules were about equal. My statement is far less idiotic than the poster who I originally quoted who said that they play nobody but themselves and Sam Houston State.

  36. #86
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    That being said, OU can lose their only good opponent, at home no less, have ZERO... I repeat... ZERO impressive wins, and be number 11? Far more ludicrous than a two loss LSU team being top ten.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Ehhh Not so fast my friend. Sans the miracle against Alabama, OSU, Baylor, Texas Tech, perhaps Texas, and TCU are all better than any other victory the aggies had, and our two losses? Two BCS teams. So I would say the rank 11 was deserved. In fact after watching LSU, South Carolina and currently Florida play, 11 may be a little too low. Now, I'm not discounting the win against Alabama (or 'Bama to y'all, considering I guess their your SEC homeboys now) but that was the 10% chance y'all had. Only a delusional fan would state otherwise. It's similar to a relief pitcher comin in, after the lineup sees him once, hes more likely to get shelled. To be honest, I think A&M is a good team. What I don't like is how you guys were the red headed step-children of the big-12, and run away from poppa longhorn like reveille In Norman circa 2003. You have a little success beating all the shitty SEC.teams and act all big and bad. Newsflash, You were one of those teams before this year. Calm down, pull Bristol dick out of your ass and gain some rationale. Act like you've been there before and for Gods sake try as hard as you can to not be a typical aggie. Jesus Christ. I plan to be done ranting unless another dumbass aggie post some "We're better because we play in the SEC" shit. Act like you've been there before an bask, don't gloat. You might actually get some friends with interests other than that damn Maroon
    4 users like FreakyT's post: CNCSOONER, IndySooner, ngintunr, thurman murman


  37. #87

    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    The spread was in the SEC before A&M.
    Not the fast paced Big XII style.

  38. #88
    Originally Posted by FreakyT View Post
    Perhaps, but the bottom 6 is by far worse than any other conferences bottom 6. And with a league split into 2 divisions, a "Good" SEC team will only face at max 3 other "Good" SEC teams. So, South Carolina and LSU for instance can beat one team they are supposedly "on-par" with, and then lose to two other teams they are "on-par" with and still be top 10 teams. It may be harder to go undefeated in the SEC, but as far as getting 10+ wins, the Big 12 is twice is hard. You play less non-conference games, only have 1 Kansas to not worry about beating. For a middle of the road SEC team (Your gies) You got, SMU, La Tech, SC state (Who?), Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss. State, Sam Houston State, Missouri. That's nine automatic wins. Throw in a miracle against the Tide, who had they ever had to game plan against a spread attack before would have destroyed ya'll, and you get a month long BJ by ESPN. Saying the SEC is so goooood after getting railed with the iron pipe of a Big-12 conference schedule is the typical aggie move. Now, that being said, I believe the cotton bowl will be a good game. TAMU is a formidable opponent, however I hope to hell we tuck your tail in between your legs so far that that dumbass inbred dog wont even want to mount Manziel.
    Clearly a Big 12 team should roll in the SEC. I mean look at how great Mizzou did this year. That shows how A&M is not the same team. A&M lost to Mizzou the last 2 years at Kyle and this year we went up 42-0 before they knew what hit them. We have a new coach, a completely new system, and a Heisman winning QB, it isn't the same team. A&M also had 12 straight weeks of games including 5 of 6 on the road this year with LSU as the home game in the middle, I don't see how that was a cake schedule.

    Don't get me wrong. I understand the anger toward the treatment of the SEC. It was a huge reason why I wanted A&M to make the move. Being in the SEC has given A&M opportunity after opportunity to get on the national stage and it will continue to. The SEC owns ESPN for all intents and purposes and that is only about to get worse with the SEC Network deal. That pub results as well in more money which means better facilities and better recruits and thus the prophecy is somewhat self fulfilling. It isn't fair but what is?

    If you really want to get upset look at A&M's schedule for next year. We play no one OOC and get 8 home games with Bama at home after 2 warmup games and we get LSU late with a bye and after LSU has played Bama, South Carolina, and UF. Our East opponents are Vandy and Mizzou. A&M could also realistically lose one of the two tough games and still be in the SEC Title game and thus have a NC game shot. I get why that would anger folks that are outside the SEC (or LSU) but as an Aggie I'm thrilled. The irony is that Texas (and to a lesser extent OU) have talked about how "The Big 12 provides an easier path to the NC game".

    Oh, and I realize UF is completely crapping the bed right now.

  39. #89
    IndySooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,603
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    3839
    Location
    Edmond

    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Not the fast paced Big XII style.
    This.

  40. #90
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    3,895
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    No I didn't. I said that the SEC played a tougher non conference schedule than the B12 this year. Look at the marquee games (either helmet teams or teams having a good year):
    B12: ND, Iowa, Tulsa, Miami, Virginia, Ole Miss, Arizona, Maryland
    SEC: Arizona St, Syracuse, Clemson, FSU, Michigan, Texas, Clemson, Wake Forest, Ga Tech, NC State, Washington, Louisville, Tulsa, Rutgers

    B12: 30 total non con games, 8 "marquee" type games
    SEC: 56 total non con games, 14 "marquee" type games


    So I'd say that at worst the OOC schedules were about equal. My statement is far less idiotic than the poster who I originally quoted who said that they play nobody but themselves and Sam Houston State.
    8/30= 0.2667
    14/56= 0.25

    3 users like sooner518's post: BoulderSooner, soonerintn, TheLadiesMike


  41. #91
    So the SEC speed hasn't been able to keep up with Louisville? Pretty funny!

  42. #92
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    20,166
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1100
    Location
    Westeros

    5 users like oorah_okie's post: DHF, lobster999, soonerintn, That Guy in a Polo, Yungpoisna


  43. #93
    meoveryouxinfinity's Avatar
    Posts
    1,402
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    Clearly a Big 12 team should roll in the SEC. I mean look at how great Mizzou did this year. That shows how A&M is not the same team. A&M lost to Mizzou the last 2 years at Kyle and this year we went up 42-0 before they knew what hit them. We have a new coach, a completely new system, and a Heisman winning QB, it isn't the same team. A&M also had 12 straight weeks of games including 5 of 6 on the road this year with LSU as the home game in the middle, I don't see how that was a cake schedule.

    Don't get me wrong. I understand the anger toward the treatment of the SEC. It was a huge reason why I wanted A&M to make the move. Being in the SEC has given A&M opportunity after opportunity to get on the national stage and it will continue to. The SEC owns ESPN for all intents and purposes and that is only about to get worse with the SEC Network deal. That pub results as well in more money which means better facilities and better recruits and thus the prophecy is somewhat self fulfilling. It isn't fair but what is?

    If you really want to get upset look at A&M's schedule for next year. We play no one OOC and get 8 home games with Bama at home after 2 warmup games and we get LSU late with a bye and after LSU has played Bama, South Carolina, and UF. Our East opponents are Vandy and Mizzou. A&M could also realistically lose one of the two tough games and still be in the SEC Title game and thus have a NC game shot. I get why that would anger folks that are outside the SEC (or LSU) but as an Aggie I'm thrilled. The irony is that Texas (and to a lesser extent OU) have talked about how "The Big 12 provides an easier path to the NC game".

    Oh, and I realize UF is completely crapping the bed right now.
    OOMGZ a rational SEC fan.. I mean A&M fan post. Who hacked your account?

  44. #94
    BraveSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    543
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    vCash
    5333
    Location
    Beer store

    CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP......bahahahahahahaha

  45. #95

    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

    Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    Clearly a Big 12 team should roll in the SEC. I mean look at how great Mizzou did this year. That shows how A&M is not the same team. A&M lost to Mizzou the last 2 years at Kyle and this year we went up 42-0 before they knew what hit them. We have a new coach, a completely new system, and a Heisman winning QB, it isn't the same team.
    I know you weren't replying to me but I never said any Big XII team could. Mizzu did about how I thought aTm would do this year primarily because of a new coach, system, and QB. You got a great one in Sumlin. Yes the team is different but its even a better version of a Big XII team than they would have been under Shermer (or whatever that coaches name is). Just look at what the Big XII was prior to Leach. Look what the Big XII is now after OU 2008 and Art Briles showed up. That's what we will start seeing in the SEC because of aTm's success. You should be proud. .

  46. #96
    DirtySouth_Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    2,033
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Plano, TX

    Originally Posted by OSUSUCKSDICK View Post
    LOL no they're not. They aren't even close to the same team as last year. It's stupid to think like that, because if they were in the big 12 this year they probably would have won it.
    that atm defense is the same defense that couldn't hold a lead in 4th for the last two years in big 12 (happened again a few times this year). offense got influx of talent with jonny and evans but running the spread that we've seen for years. to say that they would have one the big 12 this year is equally as stupid.

    atm faced one true spread offense this year in LaTech.

  47. #97
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    A&M is not a Big 12 team, as if that was even a homogenous term. They have a transcendent player at the QB position, and that makes all the difference first and foremost. If Landry was A&M's signal caller, they wouldnt be bowl eligible. Truth.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    So you think your own team is so bad that they couldn't win 6 games with one of the 10-15 best QBs in the nation QBing them?
    That's not such high praise for the rest of your players...

  48. #98
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    A&M is not a Big 12 team, as if that was even a homogenous term. They have a transcendent player at the QB position, and that makes all the difference first and foremost. If Landry was A&M's signal caller, they wouldnt be bowl eligible. Truth.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    You just went from dumb**** poster to mentally challenged poster. Out of respect to the mentally challenged, I'll stop making fun of you. Maybe.
    The following users like this post: greensooner


  49. #99
    IndySooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,603
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    3839
    Location
    Edmond

    I think I'll go ahead and give this thread a bumpity bump.........

  50. #100
    Now can we PLEASE show up and curb stomp aTm...

Tags for this Thread