***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

Posted 596 day(s) ago by usaosooner72619 Views 2539 Replies
Page 3 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 13

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    You're built to stop the spread? Really? And how exactly did all that building you did stop Baylor, WVU, and OSU? All offenses that don't have nearly the kind of ability that A&M does. First off, LA Tech's Patton would be the best player in crimson and creme if he suited up for the Sooners. Secondly, Johnny threw a pick 6 that game, so technically they only gave up 50. And I'll give you the last word sweetheart, especially when your first ones fall on illogical grounds. I do the same thing with my women, but it makes them more irrational and crazy. But I like you. You seem like a nice guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    what?!!!! all three of those offenses are better than A&M. Baylor might be the best offense in the country

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Are you repping us well, dear?
    I'm being nice-ish. Coming in as an ag poster and casting doubt on "our" chances against the mighty OU mainly. I'm a sooner poster poking the bear a little also but they already banned me once for posting the johnny jiz jar pic.
    Last edited by SoonerInjun; January 4th, 2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: My typing went all potato on me.

Re: ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

Originally Posted by ousooner_4 View Post
    what?!!!! all three of those offenses are better than A&M. Baylor might be the best offense in the country
    No. Florence isn't dynamic enough. He wouldn't have been able to do what Johnny did in Tuscaloosa, and their second and third receivers are lackluster. OU held them under 40. Bama and ND would hold them under 20.

Baylor would beat both Alabama and Notre Dame....probably even an all-star team made up from both squads.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Baylor would beat both Alabama and Notre Dame....probably even an all-star team made up from both squads.
    Touché.

As much as Sooners don't want to admit it, the Big 12 was lacking this year, and took a hit with conference realignment. OU managed 8 conference wins, and none of them were too particularly impressive. Beating one of the hottest SEC teams in the country and the reigning Heisman Trophy winner would help the program far more than being 2012 Big 12 Football "Champs".

We lost games against 2 very good teams. We shit down our legs both times, that being said we did not exactly get our ass beat by either of them. While aTm's season is impressive you lost to 2 teams that should have dominated their bowl games. Florida lost to Louisville for god sake! If OU shows up it is not going to be a fun day at all for Johnny Goofball and company. OUr boys lift weights too you know?

Can we limit this thread to just OU fans please.

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    We lost games against 2 very good teams. We shit down our legs both times, that being said we did not exactly get our ass beat by either of them. While aTm's season is impressive you lost to 2 teams that should have dominated their bowl games. Florida lost to Louisville for god sake! If OU shows up it is not going to be a fun day at all for Johnny Goofball and company. OUr boys lift weights too you know?
    One was Johnny's first game of the year since starting in high school and he didnt turn the ball over, or really turn loose at all, the coaches have talked about this, and that is a game A&M wins 8 out of 10 times. The other was to a damn good defense. But what do their bowl games have to do with anything? Just about as much as Oregon and Baylor curb stomping K-State. Nothing.

If y'all win, sure. Hell. I will do it now. I have no problem acknowledging OU's greatness. Top 5 program all time. Blue blood. Etc. Etc.

I have watched plenty of OU football. My mother is a Sooner. My uncle was an All-American and won back to back titles with Switzer. My whole family is from and most still live in Oklahoma. I went to more OU games than any other growing up. I've seen a lot of Oklahoma football. That being said, the 2012 OU Sooners are one of Stoops worst, and are lucky to have 10 wins as it is. I think A&M is the better team this year, one of the very few times I could say that over the last decade, and if OU wins it will be an upset.

Thanks and gig em. And Boomer Sooner. Just so I don't ruffle too many feathers.

OK I've heard all I need to. Not gonna bother with this thread until game time tonight and by the way, I'm not one of these bow down to me because of our history fans. You haven't ruffled my feathers, Your just annoying but I guess that's to be expected from an aggie.

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    OK I've heard all I need to. Not gonna bother with this thread until game time tonight and by the way, I'm not one of these bow down to me because of our history fans. You haven't ruffled my feathers, Your just annoying but I guess that's to be expected from an aggie.
    I like you.

You wanted to talk parody so I gave you some examples. You almost got beat by LA Tech! What happens if they don't reschedule that game? Sometimes you just gotta pray for rain right?

Obviously this game has to be played in order for us to know what will happen. aTm is having a great year but they have won 4 bowl games in the last 20 years so don't go acting like you are world beaters cause you are not.

Where's the original picture from a few days earlier that didn't have the "South Division" wording? That was embarrassing.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UOchL-Q0XTp

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Is that Bob talking to a recruit?

Hello.

Red River, crossed. Beat A&M.
    2 users like oorah_okie's post: McRib, OUMallen

My friend just said

Then told me he got 4 club level tickets fo free

We'll see you at the Cotton Bowl LandThieves!

Last edited by usaosooner; April 14th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Stoops to Cleveland!

He should reading a magazine like before osu a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    You wanted to talk parody so I gave you some examples. You almost got beat by LA Tech! What happens if they don't reschedule that game? Sometimes you just gotta pray for rain right?

Obviously this game has to be played in order for us to know what will happen. aTm is having a great year but they have won 4 bowl games in the last 20 years so don't go acting like you are world beaters cause you are not.
    I think I have done a pretty good job of qualifying any statement of A&M's superiority to OU as attached to this season, not over the last 20 years. Please show me where I said otherwise and I will correct it. OU is a blue blood. A&M is not. I can't change that.

Originally Posted by LVSOONER15 View Post
    He should reading a magazine like before osu a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by Sooner**** View Post
    I'm being nice-ish. Coming in as an ag poster and casting doubt on "our" chances against the mighty OU mainly. I'm a sooner poster poking the bear a little also but they already banned me once for posting the johnny jiz jar pic.
    Teehee I heart the Johnny jiz jar pic
    I'm off today and even tho I have a ton of stuff to do, it's cold & I don't wanna. Maybe I'll go see what's up.
    The following users like this post: SoonerInjun

What type of Laundry soap is that?

NO! I said put $1,500 on Oklahoma to cover!

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    What type of Laundry soap is that?
    Arm & Hammer?

You're built to stop the spread? Really? And how exactly did all that building you did stop Baylor, WVU, and OSU? All offenses that don't have nearly the kind of ability that A&M does. First off, LA Tech's Patton would be the best player in crimson and creme if he suited up for the Sooners. Secondly, Johnny threw a pick 6 that game, so technically they only gave up 50. And I'll give you the last word sweetheart, especially when your first ones fall on illogical grounds. I do the same thing with my women, but it makes them more irrational and crazy. But I like you. You seem like a nice guy.

Oklahoma only gave up 197 passing yards per game this season, which given that the Big 12 is the best passing conference in the nation, OU has the best pass defense in the nation. I would say that's stopping the spread. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about; you must be the other guy.

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Oklahoma only gave up 197 passing yards per game this season, which given that the Big 12 is the best passing conference in the nation, OU has the best pass defense in the nation. I would say that's stopping the spread. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about; you must be the other guy.
    It's the run game that I'm worried about.
    The following users like this post: BoomerDT

5 users like usaosooner's post: BMR, DHF, IndySooner, Sabla, SoonerInjun

WTF Jessica? You gave it up to Patrino now get down here and I'll show you what a real man can do.

It's funny...there has been little to no coverage on this game today by ESPN.

Is that a jar of mustard in the foreground? Does someone have a cramp?

And as I type this they show something...last 3 Heisman winners are 3-0. Didn't realize I was watching College Football Live.

i know. it's on fox and so they act like they don't care about it. but at least sportscenter will cover the highlights afterwards hopefully

Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    Gonna put a foot in dat ass!!
    The following users like this post: BMR

Last edited by usaosooner; April 14th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    If this was 7 on 7, maybe that would matter?

Originally Posted by Sooner**** View Post
    Call him Johnny Jiz Jar
    I prefer Johnny ****balls.
    The following users like this post: land burglar73507

How about Johnny ****ball?
    The following users like this post: land burglar73507

A&M is going with all whites again tonight.

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    The better to see their shit stains.

1- Patton is good but get real. Stills, Brown, Saunders all better.
    2- BU has as much or more ability than A&M on offense. You have a better D but on offense it's pretty much dead even. OSU at the end of the year is also very good on O. We have better WR, a better RB, and our OL is comparable to yours. Florence is more polished as a passer but Manzeil has more mobility and that can make him more dangerous at times. Either way both O's are a **** to stop.
    3- A&M has had a good year but other than Bama (who blitzes a lot to mask a deficient 4 man rush) A&M was shut down by the two strong D's they faced.
    4- LaTech and Ole Miss are the only offenses remotely as pass capable or as pass happy as OU. A&M didn't exactly do well against either. I am expecting tons of points by both sides.

are those the douchebag pointy tipped shoes from the Buckle?

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Arian race and all white...how does this sound familiar???

Originally Posted by Soonerpsycho View Post
    I prefer Johnny ****balls.
    How about Johnny ****ball?
    Gentleman these are both fine and acceptable titles.....you have given me much to think about.

I watched a whole cycle of sportscenters this morning and not a word. You wouldn't even know there was a game...not even a mention on the ticker.

no reason for them to promote the game really, its on a different channel and they get nothing for it. in the eyes of espin, the bcs bowls are the only games of consequence.

Originally Posted by hOUrricane View Post
    I watched a whole cycle of sportscenters this morning and not a word. You wouldn't even know there was a game...not even a mention on the ticker.
    Just another indication that ESPN’s sports coverage looks out after its own first.
    The following users like this post: OrlandoSooner

I think I have done a pretty good job of qualifying any statement of A&M's superiority to OU as attached to this season, not over the last 20 years.
    Superiority? I do a computer power rating and Texas A&M is one point better than Oklahoma in my predictor ratings. Texas A&M 84.6 and Oklahoma 83.9. Texas A&M is six points better in raw power but Oklahoma has played a much tougher schedule than A&M (3rd in the country per Sagarin).

This game will come down to coaching, just like the K-State and ND games. If Oklahoma runs the ball enough against A&M’s 37th ranked run defense to keep the defense honest, A&M’s 80th ranked pass defense will have a very hard time stopping Oklahoma’s 4th ranked passing offense.

If Oklahoma tries to beat A&M with their passing game alone and fails to try and establish a run game then A&M’s defense will have the same success as other teams have had this year of harassing Landry Jones and making it hard for him to find an open receiver. A&M will score their points but it's up to the OU coaching staff and their offensive game plan whether OU gets their points or not.

This should be the best and most evenly matched bowl game of the season (I have Alabama a six point favorite over Notre Dame). Had Oklahoma used a more balanced attack against both K-State and ND (and not had the costly turnovers) and A&M not turned the ball over five times against LSU (Manziel-3 INTs) or been able to run the ball against Florida then these two teams would probably be playing each other in the BCS Championship game in Miami instead ot the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.

"Still waiting on another championship...."