***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

Posted 596 day(s) ago by usaosooner72619 Views 2539 Replies
Results 101 to 150 of 2540
Page 3 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 13
  1. #101
    ousooner_4's Avatar
    Posts
    1,001
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ardmore, OK

    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    You're built to stop the spread? Really? And how exactly did all that building you did stop Baylor, WVU, and OSU? All offenses that don't have nearly the kind of ability that A&M does. First off, LA Tech's Patton would be the best player in crimson and creme if he suited up for the Sooners. Secondly, Johnny threw a pick 6 that game, so technically they only gave up 50. And I'll give you the last word sweetheart, especially when your first ones fall on illogical grounds. I do the same thing with my women, but it makes them more irrational and crazy. But I like you. You seem like a nice guy.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    what?!!!! all three of those offenses are better than A&M. Baylor might be the best offense in the country
       

  2. #102
    SoonerInjun's Avatar
    Posts
    185
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East side of metro.

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Are you repping us well, dear?
    I'm being nice-ish. Coming in as an ag poster and casting doubt on "our" chances against the mighty OU mainly. I'm a sooner poster poking the bear a little also but they already banned me once for posting the johnny jiz jar pic.
    Last edited by SoonerInjun; January 4th, 2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: My typing went all potato on me.
       

  3. #103

    Re: ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Originally Posted by ousooner_4 View Post
    what?!!!! all three of those offenses are better than A&M. Baylor might be the best offense in the country
    No. Florence isn't dynamic enough. He wouldn't have been able to do what Johnny did in Tuscaloosa, and their second and third receivers are lackluster. OU held them under 40. Bama and ND would hold them under 20.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
       

  4. #104
    Baylor would beat both Alabama and Notre Dame....probably even an all-star team made up from both squads.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner

       

  5. #105

    Re: ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Baylor would beat both Alabama and Notre Dame....probably even an all-star team made up from both squads.
    Touché.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
       

  6. #106
       

  7. #107
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    3,577
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    As much as Sooners don't want to admit it, the Big 12 was lacking this year, and took a hit with conference realignment. OU managed 8 conference wins, and none of them were too particularly impressive. Beating one of the hottest SEC teams in the country and the reigning Heisman Trophy winner would help the program far more than being 2012 Big 12 Football "Champs".

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    We lost games against 2 very good teams. We shit down our legs both times, that being said we did not exactly get our ass beat by either of them. While aTm's season is impressive you lost to 2 teams that should have dominated their bowl games. Florida lost to Louisville for god sake! If OU shows up it is not going to be a fun day at all for Johnny Goofball and company. OUr boys lift weights too you know?
       

  8. #108
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    11,879
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Can we limit this thread to just OU fans please.
       

  9. #109

    Re: ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Originally Posted by metes View Post
    We lost games against 2 very good teams. We shit down our legs both times, that being said we did not exactly get our ass beat by either of them. While aTm's season is impressive you lost to 2 teams that should have dominated their bowl games. Florida lost to Louisville for god sake! If OU shows up it is not going to be a fun day at all for Johnny Goofball and company. OUr boys lift weights too you know?
    One was Johnny's first game of the year since starting in high school and he didnt turn the ball over, or really turn loose at all, the coaches have talked about this, and that is a game A&M wins 8 out of 10 times. The other was to a damn good defense. But what do their bowl games have to do with anything? Just about as much as Oregon and Baylor curb stomping K-State. Nothing.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
       

  10. #110
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    If y'all win, sure. Hell. I will do it now. I have no problem acknowledging OU's greatness. Top 5 program all time. Blue blood. Etc. Etc.

    I have watched plenty of OU football. My mother is a Sooner. My uncle was an All-American and won back to back titles with Switzer. My whole family is from and most still live in Oklahoma. I went to more OU games than any other growing up. I've seen a lot of Oklahoma football. That being said, the 2012 OU Sooners are one of Stoops worst, and are lucky to have 10 wins as it is. I think A&M is the better team this year, one of the very few times I could say that over the last decade, and if OU wins it will be an upset.

    Thanks and gig em. And Boomer Sooner. Just so I don't ruffle too many feathers.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    OK I've heard all I need to. Not gonna bother with this thread until game time tonight and by the way, I'm not one of these bow down to me because of our history fans. You haven't ruffled my feathers, Your just annoying but I guess that's to be expected from an aggie.
       

  11. #111

    Re: ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    OK I've heard all I need to. Not gonna bother with this thread until game time tonight and by the way, I'm not one of these bow down to me because of our history fans. You haven't ruffled my feathers, Your just annoying but I guess that's to be expected from an aggie.
    I like you.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
       

  12. #112
    metes's Avatar
    Posts
    3,577
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    You wanted to talk parody so I gave you some examples. You almost got beat by LA Tech! What happens if they don't reschedule that game? Sometimes you just gotta pray for rain right?

    Obviously this game has to be played in order for us to know what will happen. aTm is having a great year but they have won 4 bowl games in the last 20 years so don't go acting like you are world beaters cause you are not.
       

  13. #113
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,527
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Where's the original picture from a few days earlier that didn't have the "South Division" wording? That was embarrassing.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UOchL-Q0XTp
       

  14. #114
       

  15. #115
    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Is that Bob talking to a recruit?
       

  16. #116
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,527
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Hello.
       

  17. #117
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    21,595
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Red River, crossed. Beat A&M.
    2 users like oorah_okie's post: McRib, OUMallen

       

  18. #118
    My friend just said



    Then told me he got 4 club level tickets fo free





    We'll see you at the Cotton Bowl LandThieves!


    Last edited by usaosooner; April 14th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
       

  19. #119
    bJ0's Avatar
    Posts
    1,685
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post

    Stoops to Cleveland!
       

  20. #120
    LVSOONER15's Avatar
    Posts
    5,115
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gettin it done....

    He should reading a magazine like before osu a couple of years ago.
       

  21. #121

    Re: ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Originally Posted by metes View Post
    You wanted to talk parody so I gave you some examples. You almost got beat by LA Tech! What happens if they don't reschedule that game? Sometimes you just gotta pray for rain right?

    Obviously this game has to be played in order for us to know what will happen. aTm is having a great year but they have won 4 bowl games in the last 20 years so don't go acting like you are world beaters cause you are not.
    I think I have done a pretty good job of qualifying any statement of A&M's superiority to OU as attached to this season, not over the last 20 years. Please show me where I said otherwise and I will correct it. OU is a blue blood. A&M is not. I can't change that.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
       

  22. #122
    Originally Posted by LVSOONER15 View Post
    He should reading a magazine like before osu a couple of years ago.
       

  23. #123
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,270
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Originally Posted by Sooner**** View Post
    I'm being nice-ish. Coming in as an ag poster and casting doubt on "our" chances against the mighty OU mainly. I'm a sooner poster poking the bear a little also but they already banned me once for posting the johnny jiz jar pic.
    Teehee I heart the Johnny jiz jar pic
    I'm off today and even tho I have a ton of stuff to do, it's cold & I don't wanna. Maybe I'll go see what's up.
    The following users like this post: SoonerInjun

       

  24. #124
    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    What type of Laundry soap is that?
       

  25. #125
    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    NO! I said put $1,500 on Oklahoma to cover!
       

  26. #126
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    21,595
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    What type of Laundry soap is that?
    Arm & Hammer?
       

  27. #127
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    You're built to stop the spread? Really? And how exactly did all that building you did stop Baylor, WVU, and OSU? All offenses that don't have nearly the kind of ability that A&M does. First off, LA Tech's Patton would be the best player in crimson and creme if he suited up for the Sooners. Secondly, Johnny threw a pick 6 that game, so technically they only gave up 50. And I'll give you the last word sweetheart, especially when your first ones fall on illogical grounds. I do the same thing with my women, but it makes them more irrational and crazy. But I like you. You seem like a nice guy.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Oklahoma only gave up 197 passing yards per game this season, which given that the Big 12 is the best passing conference in the nation, OU has the best pass defense in the nation. I would say that's stopping the spread. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about; you must be the other guy.
       

  28. #128
    Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Oklahoma only gave up 197 passing yards per game this season, which given that the Big 12 is the best passing conference in the nation, OU has the best pass defense in the nation. I would say that's stopping the spread. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about; you must be the other guy.
    It's the run game that I'm worried about.
    The following users like this post: BoomerDT

       

  29. #129
    5 users like usaosooner's post: BMR, DHF, IndySooner, Sabla, SoonerInjun

       

  30. #130
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
       

  31. #131
    PigSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    2,874
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR

    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    WTF Jessica? You gave it up to Patrino now get down here and I'll show you what a real man can do.
       

  32. #132
    It's funny...there has been little to no coverage on this game today by ESPN.
       

  33. #133
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,376
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Is that a jar of mustard in the foreground? Does someone have a cramp?
       

  34. #134
    And as I type this they show something...last 3 Heisman winners are 3-0. Didn't realize I was watching College Football Live.
       

  35. #135
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    It's funny...there has been little to no coverage on this game today by ESPN.
    i know. it's on fox and so they act like they don't care about it. but at least sportscenter will cover the highlights afterwards hopefully
       

  36. #136
    SoonerInjun's Avatar
    Posts
    185
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East side of metro.

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    Gonna put a foot in dat ass!!
    The following users like this post: BMR

    Last edited by usaosooner; April 14th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
       

  37. #137

    Re: ***Cotton Bowl Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies***

    Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Oklahoma only gave up 197 passing yards per game this season, which given that the Big 12 is the best passing conference in the nation, OU has the best pass defense in the nation. I would say that's stopping the spread. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about; you must be the other guy.
    If this was 7 on 7, maybe that would matter?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
       

  38. #138
    Soonerpsycho's Avatar
    Posts
    2,017
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mars, bitches!

    Originally Posted by Sooner**** View Post
    Call him Johnny Jiz Jar
    I prefer Johnny ****balls.
    The following users like this post: land burglar73507

       

  39. #139
    How about Johnny ****ball?
    The following users like this post: land burglar73507

       

  40. #140
    A&M is going with all whites again tonight.
       

  41. #141
    Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    A&M is going with all whites again tonight.
    The better to see their shit stains.
       

  42. #142
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    You're built to stop the spread? Really? And how exactly did all that building you did stop Baylor, WVU, and OSU? All offenses that don't have nearly the kind of ability that A&M does. First off, LA Tech's Patton would be the best player in crimson and creme if he suited up for the Sooners. Secondly, Johnny threw a pick 6 that game, so technically they only gave up 50. And I'll give you the last word sweetheart, especially when your first ones fall on illogical grounds. I do the same thing with my women, but it makes them more irrational and crazy. But I like you. You seem like a nice guy.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    1- Patton is good but get real. Stills, Brown, Saunders all better.
    2- BU has as much or more ability than A&M on offense. You have a better D but on offense it's pretty much dead even. OSU at the end of the year is also very good on O. We have better WR, a better RB, and our OL is comparable to yours. Florence is more polished as a passer but Manzeil has more mobility and that can make him more dangerous at times. Either way both O's are a **** to stop.
    3- A&M has had a good year but other than Bama (who blitzes a lot to mask a deficient 4 man rush) A&M was shut down by the two strong D's they faced.
    4- LaTech and Ole Miss are the only offenses remotely as pass capable or as pass happy as OU. A&M didn't exactly do well against either. I am expecting tons of points by both sides.
       

  43. #143
    Sabla's Avatar
    Posts
    1,183
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    are those the douchebag pointy tipped shoes from the Buckle?
       

  44. #144
    Sabla's Avatar
    Posts
    1,183
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    A&M is going with all whites again tonight.
    Arian race and all white...how does this sound familiar???
       

  45. #145
    SoonerInjun's Avatar
    Posts
    185
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East side of metro.

    Originally Posted by Soonerpsycho View Post
    I prefer Johnny ****balls.
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    How about Johnny ****ball?
    Gentleman these are both fine and acceptable titles.....you have given me much to think about.
       

  46. #146
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    It's funny...there has been little to no coverage on this game today by ESPN.
    I watched a whole cycle of sportscenters this morning and not a word. You wouldn't even know there was a game...not even a mention on the ticker.
       

  47. #147
    bJ0's Avatar
    Posts
    1,685
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    no reason for them to promote the game really, its on a different channel and they get nothing for it. in the eyes of espin, the bcs bowls are the only games of consequence.
       

  48. #148
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    13,126
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by hOUrricane View Post
    I watched a whole cycle of sportscenters this morning and not a word. You wouldn't even know there was a game...not even a mention on the ticker.
    Just another indication that ESPN’s sports coverage looks out after its own first.
    The following users like this post: OrlandoSooner

       

  49. #149
    Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    I think I have done a pretty good job of qualifying any statement of A&M's superiority to OU as attached to this season, not over the last 20 years.
    Superiority? I do a computer power rating and Texas A&M is one point better than Oklahoma in my predictor ratings. Texas A&M 84.6 and Oklahoma 83.9. Texas A&M is six points better in raw power but Oklahoma has played a much tougher schedule than A&M (3rd in the country per Sagarin).

    This game will come down to coaching, just like the K-State and ND games. If Oklahoma runs the ball enough against A&M’s 37th ranked run defense to keep the defense honest, A&M’s 80th ranked pass defense will have a very hard time stopping Oklahoma’s 4th ranked passing offense.

    If Oklahoma tries to beat A&M with their passing game alone and fails to try and establish a run game then A&M’s defense will have the same success as other teams have had this year of harassing Landry Jones and making it hard for him to find an open receiver. A&M will score their points but it's up to the OU coaching staff and their offensive game plan whether OU gets their points or not.

    This should be the best and most evenly matched bowl game of the season (I have Alabama a six point favorite over Notre Dame). Had Oklahoma used a more balanced attack against both K-State and ND (and not had the costly turnovers) and A&M not turned the ball over five times against LSU (Manziel-3 INTs) or been able to run the ball against Florida then these two teams would probably be playing each other in the BCS Championship game in Miami instead ot the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
       

  50. #150
    mexican/ninja's Avatar
    Posts
    6,463
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In pain

    "Still waiting on another championship...."

    Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
       

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
  2. OU vs Aggies Cotton Bowl Early Prediction Thread
    By CaptainTuttle in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: December 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
  3. Cotton Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Texas A & M
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2012, 05:10 AM
  4. Sooners miss out on BCS bowl, get Texas A&M in Cotton Bowl
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2012, 03:00 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2012, 05:50 PM

Tags for this Thread