Characters who changed over the course of a series

Posted 689 day(s) ago 2842 Views 85 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Happy Days - Potsie started out as normal and got stupid. Fonzi started out cool and got stupider late in the series.

Boy Meets World - Topanga started out as the hippie, earth child but changed to being the studious, level headed one. Also, her relationship with Cory changed from contentious to them being married but in the later episodes the writers tried to act like they had always liked each other and that their relationship in the earlier episodes didn't exist.

Frasier - Daphne started out as spunky and funky and changed to boring after she married Niles.

2 1/2 Men. One of them went tiger blood crazy and the 1/2 became bigger than the 2.
    4 users like oucub23's post: Aurora, brokebacksooner, gamster, soonerintn

Re: Characters who changed over the course of a series

Happy Days - What the hell happened to Chuck?

All of the characters of Friends. Very slowly over the series' arc they each slowly turned from more complex characters to caricatures and pretty one-dimensional.
    3 users like Jenn and tonic's post: Aurora, boomersooner53, McRib

Elaine & George on Seinfeld

Veronica Mars - Logan Echolls started off **** rich kid changed into bad boy with a heart of gold ( would like him)

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Elaine & George on Seinfeld
    George wasn't quite as pathetic in the earlier episodes. How did Elaine change?

Happy days. Al morphed into a little Japanese man.

Originally Posted by Sir Bevedere View Post
    Stu
    Started out stupid and then got stupid?

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    George wasn't quite as pathetic in the earlier episodes. How did Elaine change?

I thought she went from sweet natured to a much more aggressive personality. I was not a big fan of the Elaine character in the later years

Re: Characters who changed over the course of a series

Gohan went from badass ssj2 when he was like 12 to ****ass **** when he grew up!?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Goku

Howard Wolowitz went from this creepy sex obsessed momma's boy and kind of a jerk to a nice guy who was able to separate from his mom and actually married a nice shiksa.

Jax Teller (Sons of Anarchy) - Slowly being corrupted from anger and power.

Claudette (The Shield) - Started off level headed but by the end of the series she was arrogant, hot headed, and self righteous.

Jack (Lost) - Started off nice and a reluctant leader but turned into a jerk who was infallible.

I remember seeing a graph showing that the Simpsons ratings were inversely proportional to Homer's IQ.

Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I remember seeing a graph showing that the Simpsons ratings were inversely proportional to Homer's IQ.
    I can see that.

Carl (The Walking Dead) - Formerly was a stupid kid who ****ed things up (took after his mom apparently), and turned into a badass zombie slayer (turned into his dad).
    2 users like AcousticSoup's post: SoonerBeerSnob, Sooners2007

Nip/Tuck.....entire cast....
    2 users like OUSchitzo's post: McRib, SoonerBeerSnob

Originally Posted by lycao View Post
    Claudette (The Shield) - Started off level headed but by the end of the series she was arrogant, hot headed, and self righteous.
    Was she the black woman or Vic's wife? I have to say Shane really change after he killed Lem, but that's understandable. Strange that they never developed Ronnie's character.

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Carl (The Walking Dead) - Formerly was a stupid kid who ****ed things up (took after his mom apparently), and turned into a badass zombie slayer (turned into his dad).
    Daryl's changed the most.
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

Has anyone mentioned Walter White?
    3 users like Tug Medick's post: El Jefe, OUMallen, soonerintn

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Walter White?
    Yeah, I kinda meant characters whose change wasn't logical, i.e. Fonzi becoming stupid.

But do with this thread what you will.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Was she the black woman or Vic's wife? I have to say Shane really change after he killed Lem, but that's understandable. Strange that they never developed Ronnie's character.
    Ronnie had his own issues. Claudette was the black detective partnered with Dutch who tried to do the right thing but was beaten back. She eventually became Captain.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Yeah, I kinda meant characters whose change wasn't logical, i.e. Fonzi becoming stupid.

But do with this thread what you will.
    Sorry I ruined your black panther party.
    5 users like Tug Medick's post: IcanzIIravor, OUMallen, silverwheels, Sooner2012, traxx

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Claudette was the black detective, but to be honest Corrine wasn't much better.

Kavanaugh I guess would be an obvious character who changed also. He started off as the opposite of Vic, but ended up like him.

Claudette was the black detective, but to be honest Corrine wasn't much better.

Kavanaugh I guess would be an obvious character who changed also. He started off as the opposite of Vic, but ended up like him.
    I think Kavanaugh was dirty all along. He played that part though, didn't he? I'm going back and watching that show. It's been awhile. Some intense shit got packed into an hour.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I think Kavanaugh was dirty all along. He played that part though, didn't he? I'm going back and watching that show. It's been awhile. Some intense shit got packed into an hour.
    I really need to go back and watch it also, it has been a while. I do not remember him coming off as dirty before, but it wouldn't surprise me. He was an amazing character though.

I really need to go back and watch it also, it has been a while. I do not remember him coming off as dirty before, but it wouldn't surprise me. He was an amazing character though.
    Maybe not like he ended up but he was so hell bent on finding something and you could just tell he was conflicted. Maybe I'm not saying it right. Wouldn't be the first time.

You remember so much by going back. I find it amazing all the shit that was in the pilot. Looking back you thought it was like four shows. I have yet to watch the Wire - I hear it's on Netflix. The Shield is still the best I've seen.

Theo

SoonerBounce Guest

Bbj

SoonerBounce Guest

Meg alexander

Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Theo
    Huxtable? Good call

Maybe not like he ended up but he was so hell bent on finding something and you could just tell he was conflicted. Maybe I'm not saying it right. Wouldn't be the first time.

You remember so much by going back. I find it amazing all the shit that was in the pilot. Looking back you thought it was like four shows. I have yet to watch the Wire - I hear it's on Netflix. The Shield is still the best I've seen.
    No worries, I get what you are saying.

Looking back at the pilot it is great how everything in the show came back to it, the writers never really forgot anything. One thing I love about re-watching something is how differently you can interpret things upon a second viewing.

I have always wanted to watch The Wire, but have put it off because of the hype around it. I want to watch it with with a clear opinion on it. It has a fan base that acts a lot like console fan boys act and because of that it has made me slightly annoyed with the show before I have seen it.

Also, Eric from Boy Meets World. Dude got dumber by the second.

No worries, I get what you are saying.

Looking back at the pilot it is great how everything in the show came back to it, the writers never really forgot anything. One thing I love about re-watching something is how differently you can interpret things upon a second viewing.

I have always wanted to watch The Wire, but have put it off because of the hype around it. I want to watch it with with a clear opinion on it. It has a fan base that acts a lot like console fan boys act and because of that it has made me slightly annoyed with the show before I have seen it.
    Vick, walking in with a bottle of Jack and a phone book..

Dr: Who are you. Good cop/bad cop?

VM: Good cop/bad cop's gone home for the day. I'm a different kind of cop.

Hilarity ensues...

One of the main writers is gay - which I didn't know at the time. It gives you a different view of Julian as well as his relationship with Toemass.

"Your dick in my mouth means you're gay. Your dick in my ass means you're really gay"!

Dexter Morgan (Dexter)- He started off making no mistakes and had to had a fake life so people would not see that he was not normal and had no emotions. Now he has started to really become the person in his fake life and it has made him sloppy.

Vick, walking in with a bottle of Jack and a phone book..

Dr: Who are you. Good cop bad cop?

VM: Good cop bad cops gone home for the day. I'm a different kind of cop.

Hilarity ensues...
    One of my favorite lines ever. As soon as that guy heard that he knew he was screwed.

"Al Capone with a badge". SoCali can tell you all about that division the show was inspired by. Sounds like some rough shit.

Mac from 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' put on 50 lbs. for Season 7 and dropped 50 lbs. for Season 8

just puttin' on mass and injecting insulin
    2 users like greensooner's post: DIB, Sooner2012

The Rampart division? I have read a little but about it, wouldn't mind hearing more about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampart_scandal

In 2002, the television series The Shield premiered, depicting a band of rogue Los Angeles police officers. The program was so directly inspired by the Rampart Scandal that "Rampart" was nearly used as the series title. The title was presumably changed in order to avoid potential production issues and conflicts with the LAPD.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ndal/cron.html

Henry on Hill Street Blues. Bayless on Homicide. Edith on All In The Family.

Ted Mosby (HIMYM)- Started off kinda likeable in season one, but is now a whiny douche.

Marcy Rhodes/Darcy (Married with Children)- Started off sane and then she went crazier than the Bundys

Ted Mosby (HIMYM)- Started off kinda likeable in season one, but is now a whiny douche.

Marcy Rhodes/Darcy (Married with Children)- Started off sane and then she went crazier than the Bundys
    Barney too. I haven't watched it for a while now but once they inject love into a show it's doomed. Doesn't he love Robin now? Like I said I haven't watched it. Just going by the ads. The first several years were funny as hell.

Barney too. I haven't watched it for a while now but once they inject love into a show it's doomed. Doesn't he love Robin now? Like I said I haven't watched it. Just going by the ads. The first several years were funny as hell.
    Yeah the show is not near as funny as it use to be. Barney has changed but to be fair for the most part it has been explained why he has changed.

Yeah the show is not near as funny as it use to be. Barney has changed but to be fair for the most part it has been explained why he has changed.
    Why has he changed?

More of less solved some dad issues and Robin.