Kstate hasn't won a bowl since 2002?!

Posted 665 day(s) ago 1039 Views 21 Replies

Big XII Kstate hasn't won a bowl since 2002?!

Am I too sensitive or is our bowl record talked about a ton? While Kstate stinking up the joint is, for some reason, ignored? I had no idea Kstate had not won a bowl game since 2002 and only won 2 since the year 2000.

Our bowl record like winning 3 bowl games in a row so far?
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

We're OU and that's why we are talked about. The others are just side notes.
    6 users like oubassdaddy's post: atownsooner, BajaOklahoma, SilksKS, Sooners2007, Teo9969, WFSooner

We are OU, they are KState. Not comparable.
    2 users like OrlandoSooner's post: oucub23, Teo9969

no a surprise. The fact we sh.it the bed against them in some fashion .. is also sadly no surprise.

LSU is 1-3 in their last 4. Somehow the announcers still praised Les Miles for always doing well in the postseason.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

OU > K-State

That's why.

The gray place between expectations and reality.

Originally Posted by Lyricologist! View Post
    Am I too sensitive or is our bowl record talked about a ton? While Kstate stinking up the joint is, for some reason, ignored? I had no idea Kstate had not won a bowl game since 2002 and only won 2 since the year 2000.

It's not a mystery. It's called selective attention. You notice every mention of OU's bowl record because you're an OU fan. You don't notice every mention of K-State.

It's the same reason why every fan of every team is just convinced that their local media is out to get them.

Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    It's not a mystery. It's called selective attention. You notice every mention of OU's bowl record because you're an OU fan. You don't notice every mention of K-State.

It's the same reason why every fan of every team is just convinced that their local media is out to get them.
    OK, I used to think this until I started watching the crawls on ESPN during bowl week. I did this because I wanted to prove to myself that it wasn't just OU. Most were positive. OU's was always lost 3 BCS games in a row...or 4...or 5...or however many it was. Has anyone seen this crawl "Notre Dame is 0-3 in BCS games" or "Notre Dame has never won a BCS game" or "Notre Dame has lost 3 BCS games in a row" or "Notre Dame has lost their 3 BCS game appearances by an avg of 25 points per game"? I haven't.

Eric Stonestreet is a KSU grad

Eric Stonestreet plays a gay man on TV

Therefore KSU is gay

That's all you need to know right there.
    2 users like traxx's post: greensooner, Sooners2007

**** 'em
    The following users like this post: greensooner

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    LSU is 1-3 in their last 4. Somehow the announcers still praised Les Miles for always doing well in the postseason.
    Big Game Les sounds too good to drop, same for Big Game Bill.

K-State didn't know if they were shitin' in the duck house or duckin' in the shithouse!
    This year's Sooners play this year's Mildcats ten times & OU wins 8 of 'em.... that being said, I was happy we didn't have to play those duckin' ****s last night.

Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    But they are. "The Tulsa World" is out to get Oklahoma and "The Oklahoman" is out to get Oklahoma St.
    The following users like this post: oSuJeff97

Old **** Snyder is 6-8 in bowl games. I think he cheesed his Depends last night.

Originally Posted by Lyricologist! View Post
    1- OU is a much bigger brand that will get more attention than KSU period

2- Most of OU's bowl losses that people remember were national title games or memorable BCS games like BSU-OU and WVU-OU. Much bigger stage than KSU's bowls.

3- Speaking of which here is KSU's bowl lineup since 2000-

Cotton vs Tennessee 2000 Season - Win
    Insight vs Syracuse 2001 Season- Loss
    Holiday vs Az State 2002 Season - Win
    Fiesta vs Buckeyes 2003 Season - Loss to defending national champs and Ell Roberson had a police run in
    2004- No bowl
    2005- No bowl
    2006- Reliant Stadium vs Rutgers - Loss
    2007- No bowl
    2008- No bowl
    2009- No bowl
    2010- Narrow loss to Syracuse in the pinstripe bowl off a BS celebration penalty
    2011- Loss to Arkansas in Cotton
    2012- Loss to arguably the best team in the country in the fiesta

Only 2 BCS games, and only the 2011 season's cotton bowl was visible in the past 5-6 years before last night.

The gray place between expectations and reality.

2010- Narrow loss to Syracuse in the pinstripe bowl off a BS celebration penalty
    Wow... forgot about that. What a huge screw-job that was....

They're slow this year too. That's why they lost 2 games--they typically don't have the athletes other schools do. When you do more with less you get a pass on occasional flops.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    OK, I used to think this until I started watching the crawls on ESPN during bowl week. I did this because I wanted to prove to myself that it wasn't just OU. Most were positive. OU's was always lost 3 BCS games in a row...or 4...or 5...or however many it was. Has anyone seen this crawl "Notre Dame is 0-3 in BCS games" or "Notre Dame has never won a BCS game" or "Notre Dame has lost 3 BCS games in a row" or "Notre Dame has lost their 3 BCS game appearances by an avg of 25 points per game"? I haven't.
    There have been plenty of mentions that ND hasn't won a BCS game yet.

Originally Posted by PowerPower View Post
    There have been plenty of mentions that ND hasn't won a BCS game yet.
    Great...I usually have the volume down and only see the crawls. The crawls were constant about OU's deficiencies.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Notre Dame's 9-game bowl losing streak got a lot of play when it was ongoing. The general thought was ND got selected to bowl games in which they had no business competing because they would sell tickets and bring television viewers. That's some pretty damning criticism.