iPod Question

Posted 666 day(s) ago 664 Views 30 Replies

iPod Question

So my oldest got an iPod Touch (4th gen) for Christmas. He plugged it into my computer and started messing around with it. When he did this, it became tied to my iTunes account. Now he wants it connected to his mom's iTunes account because she has more stuff that he wants than what I have.

How do you free it from one account in order to attach it to another account?

I thought if he paired it with her account it would give him the option to restore to factory (so he can start over with the setup).
    The following users like this post: Coach

You should make him listen to your playlist, this young generation needs some culture.

IPOD CATASTROPHIEZ!!!!!!!!!!
    2 users like SoonerArtillery's post: DIB, The Baconator®

Originally Posted by oklahoma_kracker View Post
    I thought if he paired it with her account it would give him the option to restore to factory (so he can start over with the setup).
    Yea, you're going to have to do a factory restore and re-associate the iPod in setup with your wife's account in order to get her library.

Tell him to get a job and don't be poor and get his own iTunes account,

GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE. NEVER SYNC. NEVER.

eh, gross.... itunes! Yuck
    The following users like this post: StoopsIsMyHomeboy

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    Yea, you're going to have to do a factory restore and re-associate the iPod in setup with your wife's account in order to get her library.
    My thought too.

Originally Posted by Sir Bevedere View Post
    You should make him listen to your playlist, this young generation needs some culture.
    Will this wipe out any apps/games he's downloaded? He downloaded a few apps via wi fi so they're not on my iTunes.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    He didn't click for it to automatically sync. He clicked to manually administer his iPod. He plugged it into mine to get my Queen's Greatist Hits album. How should we have done it? Bluetooth?

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    He didn't click for it to automatically sync. He clicked to manually administer his iPod. He plugged it into mine to get my Queen's Greatist Hits album. How should we have done it? Bluetooth?
    So your oldest is gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    The following users like this post: thecynic

I guess you could say the same thing if he wanted a Judas Priest album too.
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

Hey, Queen is some good music. If you don't listen to them because Freddie Mercury liked his shit pushed in, you might be a homophobic bigot.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: MoJoOkie, The Baconator®

iPod Question

Why?

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Hey, Queen is some good music. If you don't listen to them because Freddie Mercury liked his shit pushed in, you might be a homophobic bigot.
    SERIOUS. ****ING. BUSINESS.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Why?
    If you have only one person with an iPod/iPhone/whatever and that person is the only one that ever accesses iTunes on a given PC, sync away. If there is more than one, my experiences are that Apple's syncing feature sucks a ginormous dong.

If you have only one person with an iPod/iPhone/whatever and that person is the only one that ever accesses iTunes on a given PC, sync away. If there is more than one, my experiences are that Apple's syncing feature sucks a ginormous dong.
    So tell me how he should do it then. I'm open to suggestions - hence my reason for starting this thread.

So tell me how he should do it then. I'm open to suggestions - hence my reason for starting this thread.
    Well...you said he didn't sync it. So we're back to square none.

iPod Question

I have 3 phones, a pad and Ipod. They all sync. It works well now. In the past? Probably not. Today's iTunes seems to handle it much better.
    Last edited by The Baconator®; January 5th, 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spellthing

iPod Question

What's an apod?
    That to me or someone else?

Oh, you said a pod.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

What's an apod?
    A none legged motherfucker.
    The following users like this post: SirPrize

Well...you said he didn't sync it. So we're back to square none.
    It asked if we wanted to sync automatically or manage it manually and we chose manual. Then we put the Queen album on his iPod. But now it's tied to my iTunes aco****. If we restore it and associate it to his mom's iTunes, will it delete any apps he's downloaded?

iPod Question

Yes.

What's an apod?
    Great website with cool pics, but not pron.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/

Yes.
    So what's my solution? How do I do this and then get his apps/games back on there without having to purchase them again?

So what's my solution? How do I do this and then get his apps/games back on there without having to purchase them again?
    Home sharing could work....did he purchase the apps and games with your iTunes?

I would recommend downlading whatever songs he wants from her iTunes onto a thumb drive and uploading them to your iTunes. I would also highly recommend consolidating your entire household to one iTunes account and downloading checkboxes items to each individuals device.

iPod Question

He's going to tie it to his mother's account. Let her pay for it. I assume you aren't married to her. Not being a smart-ass--that's just kinda your only solution. Either that or buy him the music he wants, or get the CDs from his mom, load them into your iTunes and keep it synced with your iTunes account.

He's going to tie it to his mother's account. Let her pay for it. I assume you aren't married to her. Not being a smart-ass--that's just kinda your only solution. Either that or buy him the music he wants, or get the CDs from his mom, load them into your iTunes and keep it synced with your iTunes account.
    True, our divorce is supposed to be final on Monday. She won't buy him anything. She barely buys him jeans and socks. I bought him the iPod, so I kinda hate to see the apps he bought go to waste. He bought them using an app gift card my parents gave him so it'd be like him having to pay twice and I don't want him to have to do that.

So now I'm trying to connect his iPod via bluetooth to my MacBook Pro. I can pair them but they won't connect. I've had this problem before with other devices but I don't remember what the solution is. If they won't connect I can't share files. Anyone have any suggestions?