Dear bob stoops,

Posted 691 day(s) ago 8321 Views 157 Replies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3

Dear bob stoops,

Please retire. You ****ing suck fat dicks. You constantly suck ass in bowl games and the only reason you win 10 games a season is because you play in the big 12. You are an average coach. You're teams can't ****ing tackle and moreover they don't even act like they give a shit. Kinda like you.

You like Seminole.
    Lol
    2 users like SoonerRaven's post: COLLISON ANGRY, OUrage

Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    Please retire. You ****ing suck fat dicks. You constantly suck ass in bowl games and the only reason you win 10 games a season is because you play in the big 12. You are an average coach. You're teams can't ****ing tackle and moreover they don't even act like they give a shit. Kinda like you.
    You're a ****ing idiot.

Dear NoleSooner,

It's God's will.
    3 users like Yuck Fu's post: OnlyOneOklahoma, SpankyNek, Val on the Getner

Dear bob stoops,

Originally Posted by Sooner209 View Post
    You're a ****ing idiot.
    **** you. Tell me what needs to be fixed ****. Keep pumping your ****ing sunshine.

Bob should be gone.

FACT.
    The following users like this post: madillsoonerfan5353

Bob should be gone.

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    FACT.
    Fiction.

but, he has buddies who are extremely average coaches to hire.... ?
    The following users like this post: SCV Sooner

Who would we get in his place that would be better? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but curious. Contrary to popular belief, OU is not the best job in football. The coaches with better records are at comparable programs.

I dunno. I have to see how next year plays out with a new QB at the helm. Hopefully they dump the no-huddle, though. The hurry up is fine, but if you're not going up-tempo, huddle the **** up. No reason to let a defense get set to your formation, and prepared to defend it for 20 seconds between plays.
    2 users like TIMB0B's post: OUMallen, Sooners2007

Bob should be gone.

Fiction. There's always an upside with Stoops. Huge risk on unknown coach. Program could go through another decade of darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like Julz's post: dog-knee, LetsgoSooners82

Stay or go? What say ye?

Bob Stoops
    Mike Stoops
    Josh Heupel
    Jay Norvell
    Bobby Jack Wright
    Jackie Shipp
    Cale Gundy
    James Patton
    Tim Kish
    Bruce Kittle

Heupel demoted, Norvell in place
    Shipp fired
    Patton fired
    Kittle fired
    7 users like Al F***n Swearingen's post: barlowd, madillsoonerfan5353, Omega, OUCarlton, Peach Fuzz, R3D Mamba, Val on the Getner

Bob should be gone.

Stay: Bob, Norvell, Cale. That's it.

2 users like OuachitaSooner's post: Comanche, StoopsIsMyHomeboy

I wouldn't say he deserves to be fired, but I don't really care if he decides to go. Part of me really wishes he could land a job in the NFL so that it can be an amicable split and everyone can move on. Sometimes a change of scenery is needed. Whether it's scenery or assistant coaches, things need to change radically. The talent is just not there anymore and there are no signs that recruiting is going any better. On top of that you don't have very good assistants coaching up the players you do have. You could find justifications for firing every single assistant on the staff. But I bet nothing changes. BS is grossly overpaid for the product he puts on the field, that is for sure.

Originally Posted by RenegadeSooner View Post
    Who would we get in his place that would be better? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but curious. Contrary to popular belief, OU is not the best job in football. The coaches with better records are at comparable programs.
    You saying OU is NOT the best job in football tells me you don't remember when it was.. Traditionally OU is one of the very best jobs a HC have have. Offer Petersen the job.. Maybe he would leave Boise. I don't know but there are many who could and would do as well or better.. Don't bring up the blake years, That was the exception certainly not the rule.. Bob needs to go.
    The following users like this post: AZMatt91

Originally Posted by Beltdancer View Post
    I wouldn't say he deserves to be fired, but I don't really care if he decides to go. Part of me really wishes he could land a job in the NFL so that it can be an amicable split and everyone can move on. Sometimes a change of scenery is needed. Whether it's scenery or assistant coaches, things need to change radically. The talent is just not there anymore and there are no signs that recruiting is going any better. On top of that you don't have very good assistants coaching up the players you do have. You could find justifications for firing every single assistant on the staff. But I bet nothing changes. BS is grossly overpaid for the product he puts on the field, that is for sure.
    No nfl team wants Bob as a head coach.. Maybe an assistants job..

Originally Posted by OldSooner View Post
    Stay or go? What say ye?

Bob Stoops
    Mike Stoops
    Josh Heupel
    Jay Norvell
    Bobby Jack Wright
    Jackie Shipp
    Cale Gundy
    James Patton
    Tim Kish
    Bruce Kittle
    J. None of the above.

Originally Posted by Al F***n Swearingen View Post
    Heupel demoted, Norvell in place
    Shipp fired
    Patton fired
    Kittle fired
    Always someone elses fault ? Can't be Bob ? IT IS !
    The following users like this post: madillsoonerfan5353

Briles or Patterson could bring an NC to OU within 3 years. I don't care about liking a coach, I care about the coach winning.
    3 users like zcaa0g's post: chris9996, LVSOONER15, Peach Fuzz

No nfl team wants Bob as a head coach.. Maybe an assistants job..
    You're probably right. Remember when he supposedly turned down NFL inquiries? Oh how things have changed. He has turned OU into an arena football team with no defense.
    3 users like Beltdancer's post: Backintheday, boomermagic, Fahooglegods

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Fiction. There's always an upside with Stoops. Huge risk on unknown coach. Program could go through another decade of darkness.

Not much of a risk as I see it.

Not for sure if Bob should go, but it seems like a new change in direction is needed.

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Briles or Patterson could bring an NC to OU within 3 years. I don't care about liking a coach, I care about the coach winning.
    THIS ! ! !

Ohio State will be the next Bama. Let this be an example. Till Bob leaves, we will have no NC's.
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

Not much of a risk as I see it.
    Petersen could be another Dan Hawkins and could give us a few 6-6 seasons. I don't see much risk with Briles, though.

Originally Posted by LVSOONER15 View Post
    Ohio State will be the next Bama. Let this be an example. Till Bob leaves, we will have no NC's.
    No, As long as Saban is at Alabama he will be king.. OSU will be good but not like Bama.. I agree No NC as long as Bob is here.
    The following users like this post: Backintheday

Re: Bob should be gone.

Charlie strong would destroy here him and david shaw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Get rid of all defensive coaches. Demote Josh. Skittle Kittle.

But if Bob were to leave I'd drop 3mil in Charlie Strong's lap before Bob got to his BMW to head out. Charlie in a heartbeat. OU would become a recruiting machine again.
    2 users like Boomer6671's post: HudBannon, LVSOONER15

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Petersen could be another Dan Hawkins and could give us a few 6-6 seasons. I don't see much risk with Briles, though.
    I think either is worth the risk.. Most of us agree Bob ever winning another NC is a super long shot.. We need someone to come in who can recruit, relate to the players and bring some fire.
    The following users like this post: Comanche

Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    Get rid of all defensive coaches. Demote Josh. Skittle Kittle.

But if Bob were to leave I'd drop 3mil in Charlie Strong's lap before Bob got to his BMW to head out. Charlie in a heartbeat. OU would become a recruiting machine again.
    I can't disagree.
    The following users like this post: sooners2win

No, As long as Saban is at Alabama he will be king.. OSU will be good but not like Bama.. I agree No NC as long as Bob is here.
    Yes Saban will. But OSU will there next year. And also seriously, let's not forget ND. They are recruitng hard and good.

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Fans would like a coach pretty damn quick who wins NC's.

merged

Yes Saban will. But OSU will there next year. And also seriously, let's not forget ND. They are recruitng hard and good.
    Yeah, The point is look at the relatively new coaches{Since Bob came here} That are winning now.

You saying OU is NOT the best job in football tells me you don't remember when it was.. Traditionally OU is one of the very best jobs a HC have have. Offer Petersen the job.. Maybe he would leave Boise. I don't know but there are many who could and would do as well or better.. Don't bring up the blake years, That was the exception certainly not the rule.. Bob needs to go.
    OU has never been the best job in football. It's been one of the best, but not the best. I don't believe you could get a coach more proven than Stoops to come to OU partly because I think that pool is very limited. Records and consistency wise only Saban and Meyer are better and they are arguably at better or at least comparable jobs. I think the world of David Shaw, but I think he is commited to his alma mater. Peterson doesn't do much for me. Miles is a nut-case. Who else is there that is proven?

Kirby Smart wouldn't be bad...
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

Yeah, The point is look at the relatively new coaches{Since Bob came here} That are winning now.
    Is Bob stubburn? What the **** does he not see? I mean, if OSU can do it with Meyer there for only a year.... Or as someone put it, Sumlin has pretty much the same players from last year. What are we missing?

Originally Posted by RenegadeSooner View Post
    OU has never been the best job in football. It's been one of the best, but not the best. I don't believe you could get a coach more proven than Stoops to come to OU partly because I think that pool is very limited. Records and consistency wise only Saban and Meyer are better and they are arguably at better or at least comparable jobs. I think the world of David Shaw, but I think he is commited to his alma mater. Peterson doesn't do much for me. Miles is a nut-case. Who else is there that is proven?
    I said, TRADITIONALLY, OU IS ONE OF the very best.. I'll bet if you ask people back in the Wilkinson OR Switzer era a bunch of people would say OU is the best job..

Is Bob stubburn? What the **** does he not see?
    He doesn't see any threat to his job is what he doesn't see. He doesn't care. He's coasting and doing just enough to keep his job so he can get through the season and spend his off season vacationing and playing golf which is where he'd rather be.

WTF was the coaching staff doing for the last month? Vacationing in the Bahamas? Not one damn new play. Same ol stale ass BS gameplan. And I better not hear one players name on this team mentioned in the same sentence as NFL. Trey Millard is the only NFL talent on this team. Jefferson and Colvin will be out of the league within 3 years.

Is Bob stubburn? What the **** does he not see? I mean, if OSU can do it with Meyer there for only a year.... Or as someone put it, Sumlin has pretty much the same players from last year. What are we missing?
    Bob had great assistants back in 2000 and we had some luck as well. I NEVER saw Bob as a great coach.. Great coaches win more than ONE NC in 13 years at a great place like OU. If you can't you don't need to be there. Do you see Mack as a GREAT coach ? Bob is more excited about his MILLIONS..

Originally Posted by Okiesoldier View Post
    WTF was the coaching staff doing for the last month? Vacationing in the Bahamas? Not one damn new play. Same ol stale ass BS gameplan. And I better not hear one players name on this team mentioned in the same sentence as NFL. Trey Millard is the only NFL talent on this team. Jefferson and Colvin will be out of the league within 3 years.
    Jefferson wiffed worst than a juarez **** on a few plays tonight.

Originally Posted by mightysooner View Post
    He doesn't see any threat to his job is what he doesn't see. He doesn't care. He's coasting and doing just enough to keep his job so he can get through the season and spend his off season vacationing and playing golf which is where he'd rather be.
    Correct.

Bob had great assistants back in 2000 and we had some luck as well. I NEVER saw Bob as a great coach.. Great coaches win more than ONE NC in 13 years at a great place like OU. If you can't you don't need to be there. Do you see Mack as a GREAT coach ? Bob is more excited about his MILLIONS..
    Thanks boomer. This shit is getting old real quick.

Dear bob stoops,

Thank god you know as little about football as you do about politics... Please post more pics of your vacation or some shit like that.

Dear Bob Stoops,

A. Recruit better players.
    B. Upgrade your staff.

If you are not capable, or willing, to do both then please consider taking your talents elsewhere.

Thank you.
    2 users like OldSooner's post: Peach Fuzz, Sooners2007

OldSooner got it right. Time to make some changes whether it be Stoops making changes or the Athletic Director.

Dear bob stoops,

Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    Thank god you know as little about football as you do about politics... Please post more pics of your vacation or some shit like that.
    Sounds like you have all the answers then shithead. Tell me, what do you think the problem is and how do we fix it?