From a former player

Posted 713 day(s) ago by DRminimega6718591 Views 341 Replies
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5
    There are not too many teams who feel they are elite that get blown out or barely win shoot outs and give up 35+ points a game as often as we do...

We pound cupcakes (most of the time) and lose to really good/great teams. That is the norm in Norman.
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods

It's over. Stoops is over. OU is over, until an entirely new regime takes over. Mike Stoops, Bob Stoops, Heupel...find new jobs in the NAIA. You are suck.

**** football.
    2 users like Balko's post: boomermagic, nolesooner

Originally Posted by SoonerPT View Post
    Bob is making changes, changes that will take some time but he's run off a few coaches, players, and they are recruiting a different type of player. Right now we are not very good talent wise but that will change.
    I hope you are right...
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

Re: From a former player

The meerkat offense is making us to tentative, and overly reliant on the coaching staff playing pattycake with the opposing defense. Either teach your QB to audible or run the ****ing play and get players who can beat the man in front of them.
    The following users like this post: soonerbldr

Brian Bosworth ‏@GotBoz44 Scabs turn 2 scars turn 2 lessons..it is time 2 put 2gether Boz D-camp 4 playas w/pride 3&OUt..need 2 correct the wreckness..whose n?
    roy williams ‏@roywilliams31 Well thts obvious..no disrespect they just dnt have it RT @ArganbrightC: @roywilliams31 Definitely a different attitude frm the early years
    roy williams ‏@roywilliams31 And what u mean by Nasty= IS SOME NUTS RT @Kdub419: @roywilliams31 @Geraldini93 @Just_JD38 OU needs some nasty
    roy williams ‏@roywilliams31 No u have to have a want to! & they dont have it. its simple man upRT @Jaybird51703: @roywilliams31 u guys have that power to change things

Those guys all get no respect from some on this board... How dare they speak out when a bad product is obvious...

Those guys have no idea what they are talking about and according to others on this board are a disgrace to their alma mater.

Is that jayden bird? If so are the current players sick of this shit and that's why the defensive recruits are hard to come by?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

From a former player

In the words of Mack Brown: You're not a friend of the program!
    The following users like this post: Eigenvalue

I never understood how when we were down by 20+ in the 4th and we routinely snapped the ball with under 5 sec on the play clock like we had all ****ing day to get back in it. They looked uninspired and soft on both sides of the ball. ****ing weak ass game. 2nd half was an absolute joke.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

From a former player

Originally Posted by Cabbage_town_kid View Post
    I never understood how when we were down by 20+ in the 4th and we routinely snapped the ball with under 5 sec on the play clock like we had all ****ing day to get back in it. They looked uninspired and soft on both sides of the ball. ****ing weak ass game. 2nd half was an absolute joke.
    First half I was beyond pleased with. They has the A&M defense on the field the whole half. Had they maintained those long drives into the third, even if fgs is all they'd gotten, the Aggies d would have had nothing left in the fourth. Unfortunately, we got the piss knocked out of us in the third.
    The following users like this post: OrlandoSooner

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    First half I was beyond pleased with. They has the A&M defense on the field the whole half. Had they maintained those long drives into the third, even if fgs is all they'd gotten, the Aggies d would have had nothing left in the fourth. Unfortunately, we got the piss knocked out of us in the third.
    Yeah, other then settling for FGs, it went damn near perfect.

What changed?

A&M's D should have been the tired one.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Only real problem had had with first half was inability to find the end zone inside the 10 which I thought was unacceptable. But from kickoff 2nd half to final whistle OU got their shit packed. Both sides of the ball. Couldn't get Nything going and Johnny strolled for 30 yards at a time.
    2 users like Cabbage_town_kid's post: BajaOklahoma, oucub23

Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    Yeah, other then settling for FGs, it went damn near perfect.

What changed?

A&M's D should have been the tired one.
    A&M actually made adjustments while Bob and co. didn't do shit!

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    We're "the laughingstock of college football"? God damn, some of you people need to get some ****ing perspective.
    Well we're the laughing stock of all the powerhouse programs.

Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    I would only value this opinion if it came from Taylor Wickersham.
    The "monster man?"

Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    It's a different era of football.

They are simply out-schemed and can't adjust.
    How is it a different era? I know that people act like football was invented in the last 15 years but many things haven't changed. It didn't seem to be different for A$M. Louisville seemed to get along just fine.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    How is it a different era? I know that people act like football was invented in the last 15 years but many things haven't changed. It didn't seem to be different for A$M. Louisville seemed to get along just fine.
    OU operated with a huge defensive schematic advantage in the early Stoops years.

Too much coaching inbreeding, at OU, has yielded little chage. Got to keep with the times. This isn't 2000 anymore. You must evolve.

Louisville played against a total crap Florida offense. Not relevant, regardless.

The defense is soft and very slow. I watch other teams and see LBs and D Backs shooting through gaps and knocking guys on their ass in the backfield. Our guys are timid and can't fight off blocks.

Damn. I'm pissed and I get more pissed when I get on here and here all of us re-iterating the same shit. But reading spencer's tweet just made me straight up sad.

Bob is making changes, changes that will take some time but he's run off a few coaches, players, and they are recruiting a different type of player. Right now we are not very good talent wise but that will change.
    BULLSHIT ! ! ! Pour the kool-aid out man.. Open your eyes..

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    Damn. I'm pissed and I get more pissed when I get on here and here all of us re-iterating the same shit. But reading spencer's tweet just made me straight up sad.
    Can't pull up the tweet can you post please ?

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    Can't pull up the tweet can you post please ?

Spencer TillmanVerified ‏@SpenceTillman

Our play is disinterested and soft! Time to clean house!!!!!!! This isn't Sooner Football! Sorry Sooner Nation! Nobody loves them more.

Just frustrating guys. I'm sorry, but even after the knee-jerk disappointment, my opinion hasn't changed. There's something drastically different between the culture of the program now versus where it was when they first came. Sure, I was just a longsnapper. I didn't do much. I wasn't a REAL football player. But I was there. I worked my ass off for it. We all did. I know how much love/fire I had (and most others) for OU. I still do. As for the Nebbish decal under my handle, they are my second favorite team as a result of all of the respect during the rivalry years. So sue me. It's just disappointing, guys and gals.

I don't have a problem with people ripping me. Rip away. It might be deserved. By the standard definition, I'm a sunshine pumper. Always have been. Everyone has their opinion. Mine really doesn't matter anymore than anyone else's around here. Maybe I was a little dramatic with the "laughingstock" comment. I'll take the punishment for that. I and many others had said earlier in the year after the KSU loss that is sad just cuz it doesn't surprise me anymore when we lose big games and how. That's the most discouraging part about the program.

Sorry. Continue flaming away.

I think most of what you are saying are just preaching to the choir. I just don't get how people haven't seen these things coming the last 5 or 6 years though.

Originally Posted by DRminimega67 View Post
    I'm a sunshine pumper. Always have been.
    What???

That does it!! I'm taking MY business to Southwest Orthopedic then!!!!!
    The following users like this post: DRminimega67

Just frustrating guys. I'm sorry, but even after the knee-jerk disappointment, my opinion hasn't changed. There's something drastically different between the culture of the program now versus where it was when they first came. Sure, I was just a longsnapper. I didn't do much. I wasn't a REAL football player. But I was there. I worked my ass off for it. We all did. I know how much love/fire I had (and most others) for OU. I still do. As for the Nebbish decal under my handle, they are my second favorite team as a result of all of the respect during the rivalry years. So sue me. It's just disappointing, guys and gals.

I don't have a problem with people ripping me. Rip away. It might be deserved. By the standard definition, I'm a sunshine pumper. Always have been. Everyone has their opinion. Mine really doesn't matter anymore than anyone else's around here. Maybe I was a little dramatic with the "laughingstock" comment. I'll take the punishment for that. I and many others had said earlier in the year after the KSU loss that is sad just cuz it doesn't surprise me anymore when we lose big games and how. That's the most discouraging part about the program.

Sorry. Continue flaming away.
    You know the difference between the longsnapper and water girl. The water girl spends more time on the field
    3 users like soonerdm's post: DRminimega67, MoJoOkie, ozz

The former players who have built this program should be the most upset.
    The following users like this post: soonerUthenMe

It has been ongoing for several years now strange only a few of us saw it...these players (and coaches) just don't seem to be football smart; consistently make just stupid mistakes at the worst times; the D is just absolutely terrible and has been just average for many seasons now; time to put pressure on Boren and Joe C who both were responsible for allowing OU basketball to be destroyed now they are allowing football to go the same direction...OU should have left this conference when they had the chance...

OU bball was destroyed by sanctions. This has also hurt the football program with recruiting.

I agree. I am not surprised when stuff like this happens anymore. There is something fundamentally wrong in Norman and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by OUMick View Post
    OU bball was destroyed by sanctions. This has also hurt the football program with recruiting.
    Seriously? The issue with recruiting isn't sanctions. It's huge misses on linemen (both sides of the ball) and linebackers. It's staff recruiting off rankings lists instead of getting guys who can actually play or settling for "project players" who are stiffs.

And I appreciate the OP's wiilingness to express his thoughts. I've been in Stoops corner for all these years and last night was a tipping point for me. Tired of the entitlement mentality of the staff and players. From now on until some changes are made I'm calling him Bobby Mack Stoops.

Originally Posted by soonercoop1 View Post
    It has been ongoing for several years now strange only a few of us saw it...these players (and coaches) just don't seem to be football smart; consistently make just stupid mistakes at the worst times; the D is just absolutely terrible and has been just average for many seasons now; time to put pressure on Boren and Joe C who both were responsible for allowing OU basketball to be destroyed now they are allowing football to go the same direction...OU should have left this conference when they had the chance...
    More than a few saw it. Anytime it was brought up that yet another inferior team seemed better prepared and better ready to beat us the flamethrowers would come out from everywhere. "Well I think bob knows better than anyone how to do this" "Well if you think you can do better then get out there and do it". Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, some of it was just pissy fan ****ing but some of it had merit. We may not be so called experts but OU fans are pretty smart. They can tell when it becomes a bill of bad goods.

From a former player

He wasn't a player, he was either a punter or long snapper.
    Only trust sponge if you need advice on fine wine or what to serve at a debutante ball. If he was here he would tell each and every one of you,,,,

"Don't be poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by OUdrewDU View Post
    If you are bold enough to trash your alma mater, be bold enough to state your name....
    No shit. And particularly if you were a Blake era player, you should be long beyond being able to be embarrassed.

Originally Posted by OldSooner View Post
    Seriously? The issue with recruiting isn't sanctions. It's huge misses on linemen (both sides of the ball) and linebackers. It's staff recruiting off rankings lists instead of getting guys who can actually play or settling for "project players" who are stiffs.
    We have had missed on recruits but IMO there are reasons why and some of it goes back to the type of person OU recruits.

Stoops hard sells OU as an NFL factory to recruits.

For a very high percentage of players this is an unrealistic dream, but as long as our players come to OU thinking it’s just a temporary stop, their heart is not going to be in it to play as hard as they can for OU, they will play soft……

It’s part of why we see so much missed tackling, players getting pushed around at the line of scrimmage and players who are afraid to take a hit.

Originally Posted by OldSooner View Post

And I appreciate the OP's wiilingness to express his thoughts. I've been in Stoops corner for all these years and last night was a tipping point for me. Tired of the entitlement mentality of the staff and players. From now on until some changes are made I'm calling him Bobby Mack Stoops.
    yes seriously. Just like the football sanctions killed Tubbs' recruiting. He's said it himself.

The former players who have built this program should be the most upset.
    i think we should have a "most upset" contest and make them prove it...

Well it's better than the 90's
    Is this the new battle cry for pussies?

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos
    3 users like Turk's post: Fahooglegods, Lehmanfan, Stein7495

So do I. I played for Blake. He was an embarrassment. I also played for stoops when there was accountability and hard work. Not coddling. This is sad.
    do you have specific knowledge/examples of "coddling" and lack of accountability?

yes seriously. Just like the football sanctions killed Tubbs' recruiting. He's said it himself.
    So it's Kelvin Sampson's and Jeff Capel's fault we are not recruiting well in football? What drugs are you taking?

OU is officially mediocre.... they will be a 8-10 win team and for sure not on the up-rise. OU defense is so un-athletic its pathetic... where are the guys on the team calling out other players and holding them accountable? I want mean nasty fast defensive players. I want an OC that is not a good QB coach that can be creative or balanced. Outside of FSU who has OU beat worth a damn in a bowl game? Iowa? UConn? Washington? Ark? All very avg. or below avg teams at the time.
    Teams that are on the upswing or better than OU
    ND
    Bama
    A&M
    Stanford
    Oregon
    LSU
    UG
    ASU
    tOSU
    Baylor
    OSU (yes I said it)

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Oklahoma is 1-6 in Jan. 1 or later bowls
    I saw this on the ESPN ticker last night. Brutal.

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve1 View Post
    OSU (yes I said it)
    OSU just went 7-5 after having a great 12-1 season.

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Yeah, but you could argue that OSU's trajectory is better than OU. OSU was a very young team this year and they have reason to be hopeful about the future. We took a fairly experienced team and dropped another shitty season. Wait, I'm sorry. We actually won a conference co-championship with a team that embarrassed us at home.

Originally Posted by OUdrewDU View Post
    If you are bold enough to trash your alma mater, be bold enough to state your name....
    You obviously haven't been around for long to not know who that is... And I applaud him for speaking up. By the way.. What's your name?

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    OSU out played OU for 4Q of a home game where OU never lead until OT..

At least in the blake years you went into the year knowing you are going to suck, and you could only go up. Now we go in with hope, and end up crashing and burning.

Not a chance in hell we will every compete for a NC again with this system and recruiting. Bob Stoops= John Cooper, only more people are laughing at Bob.

From a former player

OU is officially mediocre.... they will be a 8-10 win team and for sure not on the up-rise. OU defense is so un-athletic its pathetic... where are the guys on the team calling out other players and holding them accountable? I want mean nasty fast defensive players. I want an OC that is not a good QB coach that can be creative or balanced. Outside of FSU who has OU beat worth a damn in a bowl game? Iowa? UConn? Washington? Ark? All very avg. or below avg teams at the time.
    Teams that are on the upswing or better than OU
    ND
    Bama
    A&M
    Stanford
    Oregon
    LSU
    UG
    ASU
    tOSU
    Baylor
    OSU (yes I said it)
    If ten wins is mediocre I'd hate to know what sucks is. I would say OU is just good right now, not great.

OSU out played OU for 4Q of a home game where OU never lead until OT..
    Yes, and then they lost to OU (that's what the final score indicates, anyway) and lost to four other teams, including Arizona. Those are facts.