From a former player

Posted 659 day(s) ago by DRminimega6718497 Views 341 Replies
Results 301 to 342 of 342
Page 7 of 7 5 6 7
  1. #301
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    I'm going to post this one ****ing time and move on.

    First, to say we are the "laughingstock of college football" is ****ing stupid.

    Second, I think it would be best for Bob to move on. I think it would be best for both OU and Bob. For whatever reason, things have gotten stale. Do I think Bob
    should be fired? No. But I think he either needs to have a massive staff shakeup or move on to a different job and a fresh start.

    No, being in denial about being a laughing stock is the stupid path. Have you listened to any of the Talking Head Gurus of college football since Friday nite? Colin Cowherd actually laughed out loud at Mike's defense v JM and heuple's play calling. Read CFN's recap of the game, they refer to OU as a January Laughing Stock. Reporters are laughing at OU much like they have been laughing at UT, overhyped, overrated and under achieving. The difference between today and the Blake years is everyone knew those OU teams were bad and they lived down to that. Bob's hires and game time adjustments are a joke. That is the definition of a "laughing stock."

  2. #302
    Originally Posted by capclay View Post
    No, being in denial about being a laughing stock is the stupid path. Have you listened to any of the Talking Head Gurus of college football since Friday nite? Colin Cowherd actually laughed out loud at Mike's defense v JM and heuple's play calling. Read CFN's recap of the game, they refer to OU as a January Laughing Stock. Reporters are laughing at OU much like they have been laughing at UT, overhyped, overrated and under achieving. The difference between today and the Blake years is everyone knew those OU teams were bad and they lived down to that. Bob's hires and game time adjustments are a joke. That is the definition of a "laughing stock."
    if you are here to make a point, you should not bring up Colin Cowherd, that guy KNOWS ZERO about college football.

  3. #303
    Originally Posted by capclay View Post
    No, being in denial about being a laughing stock is the stupid path. Have you listened to any of the Talking Head Gurus of college football since Friday nite? Colin Cowherd actually laughed out loud at Mike's defense v JM and heuple's play calling. Read CFN's recap of the game, they refer to OU as a January Laughing Stock. Reporters are laughing at OU much like they have been laughing at UT, overhyped, overrated and under achieving. The difference between today and the Blake years is everyone knew those OU teams were bad and they lived down to that. Bob's hires and game time adjustments are a joke. That is the definition of a "laughing stock."
    "Talking Head Gurus" .. isn't that an oxymoron?

  4. #304
    nolesooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, Fl

    Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    They beat us one ****ing year.
    well, they ****ing kicked our ASS that one year. Also, if you can't see that they are doing more with less, then you're blind. They literally had 3 QBs play this year...and their QB still ran all over us. OSU can run the ball very well and they can pass the ball. Give gundy the talent we have, and he would win a national championship.

    Please tell me that Bob Stoops would have beaten Stanford last year the way OSU did. That was a GREAT game and a GREAT win against a VERY, VERY good Stanford team last year. I imagine we would have gotten our asses kicked. After all, we really blew the doors off that great Iowa team in the who gives a shit bowl.

  5. #305
    Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    well, they ****ing kicked our ASS that one year. Also, if you can't see that they are doing more with less, then you're blind. They literally had 3 QBs play this year...and their QB still ran all over us. OSU can run the ball very well and they can pass the ball. Give gundy the talent we have, and he would win a national championship.

    Please tell me that Bob Stoops would have beaten Stanford last year the way OSU did. That was a GREAT game and a GREAT win against a VERY, VERY good Stanford team last year. I imagine we would have gotten our asses kicked. After all, we really blew the doors off that great Iowa team in the who gives a shit bowl.
    no he wouldn't ....
    because our talent is no better than the talent gundy has now..
    that was my point....
    gundy is picking up scraps in ok/tx and has just as much talent as we have....

  6. #306
    nolesooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, Fl

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    no he wouldn't ....
    because our talent is no better than the talent gundy has now..
    that was my point....
    gundy is picking up scraps in ok/tx and has just as much talent as we have....
    I wouldn't say that his talent level is as good as ours. Go look at the recruiting classes over the past several years. I think he is getting there though. But one point I will make about recruiting, is maybe they are better at evaluating talent. I know for sure that their o-line coach is a LOT better at coaching at least their o-line much better than ours.

    I don't think OSU is on OUs level in terms of prestige. However, I think that they are making the case for their school to be as attractive to go to as OUs. We can't really sell the whole "win championships at OU" anymore.

  7. #307
    zevogolf's Avatar
    Posts
    5,346
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida

    OUR talent level is NOT getting better, the talent level is falling behind those in the top ten this year. Hell we barely beat teams not in the top 20!!!!

  8. #308
    Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    I wouldn't say that his talent level is as good as ours. Go look at the recruiting classes over the past several years. I think he is getting there though. But one point I will make about recruiting, is maybe they are better at evaluating talent. I know for sure that their o-line coach is a LOT better at coaching at least their o-line much better than ours.

    I don't think OSU is on OUs level in terms of prestige. However, I think that they are making the case for their school to be as attractive to go to as OUs. We can't really sell the whole "win championships at OU" anymore.
    Recruiting rankings mean squat. The only people that pimp recruiting rankings are the people who charge money for their recruiting information. Bill Snyder has crappy recruiting classes every year but he still seems to win 10 games a year.
    The following users like this post: OU48A


  9. #309
    Nazgul's Avatar
    Posts
    2,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minas Morgul

    From a former player

    Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle View Post
    Recruiting rankings mean squat. The only people that pimp recruiting rankings are the people who charge money for their recruiting information. Bill Snyder has crappy recruiting classes every year but he still seems to win 10 games a year.
    Yeah, Bama and KSU get the same type of players.

  10. #310
    Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle View Post
    Recruiting rankings mean squat. The only people that pimp recruiting rankings are the people who charge money for their recruiting information. Bill Snyder has crappy recruiting classes every year but he still seems to win 10 games a year.
    news flash AM ... most schools use recruiting agencies too, including OU. I know, i worked there. sure the rankings are for public interest/revenue but the evaluations that lead to the ranks are used but a lot of programs. we've offered over 50 kids for the 2014 class already. guess what, a lot of these offers were given due to "can't miss prospect" from these services you bash. another thing that's NOT a coincidence, ALL are either 4/5 stars, NONE are 2/3 stars.

  11. #311
    nolesooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, Fl

    Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle View Post
    Recruiting rankings mean squat. The only people that pimp recruiting rankings are the people who charge money for their recruiting information. Bill Snyder has crappy recruiting classes every year but he still seems to win 10 games a year.
    Recruiting rankings mean more than squat! Some people give them too much credit, but to discount them is stupid. There is a reason that good recruiting classes end up with better seasons.

  12. #312
    It's time for all for OKlahoma fans to wake up and smell the coffee. This product that we are putting on the field is a long ways away from even contending for a BCS bowl game. This will basically be the 3rd straight year we have finished the year ranked around 15th nationally. It's hard to have any positive feelings towards this staff when you see how they are striking out on the recruiting trail. Even most of the recruits recognize we are a pretender and not a contender. Maybe Bob will get the Cleveland Browns job and we can start over with someone who cares. We've got to many prima donnas.

  13. #313
    nolesooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, Fl

    Originally Posted by BKSOONERS View Post
    It's time for all for OKlahoma fans to wake up and smell the coffee. This product that we are putting on the field is a long ways away from even contending for a BCS bowl game. This will basically be the 3rd straight year we have finished the year ranked around 15th nationally. It's hard to have any positive feelings towards this staff when you see how they are striking out on the recruiting trail. Even most of the recruits recognize we are a pretender and not a contender. Maybe Bob will get the Cleveland Browns job and we can start over with someone who cares. We've got to many prima donnas.
    Unless we are playing an unranked big east team.

  14. #314
    Originally Posted by BKSOONERS View Post
    It's time for all for OKlahoma fans to wake up and smell the coffee. This product that we are putting on the field is a long ways away from even contending for a BCS bowl game. This will basically be the 3rd straight year we have finished the year ranked around 15th nationally. It's hard to have any positive feelings towards this staff when you see how they are striking out on the recruiting trail. Even most of the recruits recognize we are a pretender and not a contender. Maybe Bob will get the Cleveland Browns job and we can start over with someone who cares. We've got to many prima donnas.
    hogwash....
    we were one win away from the fiesta bowl....and that was a game we should have won....
    so you're the one that needs to wake up and smell the coffee..

  15. #315
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    4,883
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    hogwash....
    we were one win away from the fiesta bowl....and that was a game we should have won....
    so you're the one that needs to wake up and smell the coffee..
    Do you believe that this team would have fared any better against Oregon?
    The following users like this post: LVSOONER15


  16. #316
    nolesooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, Fl

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    hogwash....
    we were one win away from the fiesta bowl....and that was a game we should have won....
    so you're the one that needs to wake up and smell the coffee..
    We are usually in contension for a BCS bowl game by the sole purpose of playing in a horrible conference. However, we are a long way from being competitive in those BCS games against equal or better competition. Oregon would have kicked our asses up and down the field just as bad (if not worse) than aTm did.

  17. #317
    Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle View Post
    Recruiting rankings mean squat. The only people that pimp recruiting rankings are the people who charge money for their recruiting information. Bill Snyder has crappy recruiting classes every year but he still seems to win 10 games a year.
    I think recruiting is overrated but this is sad. Is this what it has become? Comparing the University of Oklahoma's talent level to Kansas State's? Last time I checked KSU got rolled by Arkansas and Oregon in back to back bowl games. They are not the standard, and how far have we fallen when we have justified stooping to that level.

  18. #318
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,184
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    Do you believe that this team would have fared any better against Oregon?
    It would've made the USC game look competitve compared to what they would've done.

  19. #319
    soonerbldr's Avatar
    Posts
    968
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    McKinney, TX

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    hogwash....
    we were one win away from the fiesta bowl....and that was a game we should have won....
    so you're the one that needs to wake up and smell the coffee..
    Good lord can you imagine how many points Oregon would have scored on this team?

  20. #320
    Originally Posted by soonerbldr View Post
    Good lord can you imagine how many points Oregon would have scored on this team?
    about the same as a&m.

  21. #321
    Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    We are usually in contension for a BCS bowl game by the sole purpose of playing in a horrible conference. However, we are a long way from being competitive in those BCS games against equal or better competition. Oregon would have kicked our asses up and down the field just as bad (if not worse) than aTm did.
    i disagree....
    we were competitive with nd.....
    until questionable officiating turned the tide...

  22. #322
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    13,633
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by SoonerPT View Post
    about the same as a&m.

    No it would have been a lot more….
    Because of Bob’s friendship with the A&M coach they took it easy on us….. Oregon would have scored a lot more just to make a point.

  23. #323
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    No it would have been a lot more….
    Because of Bob’s friendshipwith the A&M coach they took it easy on us….. Oregon would have scored alot more just to make a point.
    Subjective and I disagree, KSU D isn't any better than Bob and Mike's.

  24. #324
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    13,633
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    OU’s current DT situation has OU a very long way from beating top 5 types of teams

  25. #325
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    13,633
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by SoonerPT View Post
    Subjective and I disagree, KSU D isn't any better than Bob and Mike's.
    KSU is better than OU in the trenches

  26. #326
    nolesooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, Fl

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    i disagree....
    we were competitive with nd.....
    until questionable officiating turned the tide...
    We still couldn't get it done. We made STUPID mistakes and couldn't run the ball effectively. I won't argue about some questionable officiating, but when was the last BCS bowl game that we played well in? I could say we played well against UF, but again we shot ourselves in the foot. We are not an elite team any longer.

  27. #327
    Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    We still couldn't get it done. We made STUPID mistakes and couldn't run the ball effectively. I won't argue about some questionable officiating, but when was the last BCS bowl game that we played well in? I could say we played well against UF, but again we shot ourselves in the foot. We are not an elite team any longer.
    we were not an elite team this year.....
    our o-line and defense are the reasons....
    that said....we were not far from beating everyone on our schedule...including nd .....

  28. #328
    nolesooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, Fl

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    we were not an elite team this year.....
    our o-line and defense are the reasons....
    that said....we were not far from beating everyone on our schedule...including nd .....
    We were VERY far from beating aTm.

    We were also very close to losing to WVU, OSU, and played very close to ISU and Baylor. It works both ways 87.

    Oh yeah...and we just cancelled our scheduled junior day. Things are going so well in Norman right now.

  29. #329
    Alright I am going to myself up for ridicule, but here goes.....
    I think we have some bright spots Offensive recruiting for skill postions has been a big positive. OL did well cosidering the injuries. We do develop a lot of 3 star talent into NFL players, also good. But starting in 04 we were recruiting big time talent and a lot of it left or were dismissed. Could have been level of competition saw people transfer, but there were a lot of attitude and character issues in those 4 and 5 star players. Dissappointed we cannot see those problems early or maybe it is the coaches. I don't know.

    Now for the rant.....

    I am tired of seeing 4 seconds on the snap clock in a supposed hurry up offense. Get the play to the QB or allow/teach him to make a call.
    Also tired of seeing DL and LB's running directly into blocks on pass rush, hey teach a swim move or a spin move or lower leverage off the edge.
    Hey LB's man up and come off of a block on run plays scuse me LB.
    DB's wrap up.
    Apparently running a gimmick offense allows opponents with a 1 month layoff to scheme against you. A little more talent or new wrinkles in O and D schemes might work also.
    Recruiting: Under Armour game we had one player teams with teams with 4 or more recruits in the game? FL, AL, ATM, Aub, MI, OHSt. Very few undecideds have us listed at all.
    Still have hope, but it is waning. Starting to feel like we are where the Whorns were 5 years ago. Dark days my friends.
    2 users like warrenpiece's post: Clark W. Griswold, SoonerLibertarian


  30. #330
    Wow, my longest post ever. Guess I had a lot on my chest.

  31. #331
    Nazgul's Avatar
    Posts
    2,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minas Morgul

    From a former player

    Originally Posted by warrenpiece View Post
    Wow, my longest post ever. Guess I had a lot on my chest.
    Dont worry. Nobody will read it.

  32. #332
    Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Dont worry. Nobody will read it.
    I know, but I feel better already.
    2 users like warrenpiece's post: jmizzy4ou, Nazgul


  33. #333
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    You guys know, that outside of the SEC and this general region, nobody really gives that much of a shit about college football right? Therefore we are only a laughingstock for a small portion of the country really...They like it other places, but it is not their passion.

    Also,

    It is just a game....these are just kids, 85% of whom will not go past this level, which is more than likely a higher level than you if you are posting in this thread.

    THis is not life nor death for any of you.

    Step away from the tv and internet and get some fresh air.
    The following users like this post: AmericanMuscle


  34. #334
    nolesooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Panama City, Fl

    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    You guys know, that outside of the SEC and this general region, nobody really gives that much of a shit about college football right? Therefore we are only a laughingstock for a small portion of the country really...They like it other places, but it is not their passion.

    Also,

    It is just a game....these are just kids, 85% of whom will not go past this level, which is more than likely a higher level than you if you are posting in this thread.

    THis is not life nor death for any of you.

    Step away from the tv and internet and get some fresh air.
    Says the poster with over 5,000 posts.

  35. #335
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    Says the poster with over 5,000 posts.

    I gotta do something at work Nole.
    The following users like this post: nolesooner


  36. #336
    SarasotaSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,975
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sarasota, FL

    Re: From a former player

    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    I gotta do something at work Nole.
    Fries are burning

  37. #337
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by Palmbeachsooner View Post
    Fries are burning
    The government hasn't seized your computer yet?

  38. #338
    SarasotaSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,975
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sarasota, FL

    Re: From a former player

    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    The government hasn't seized your computer yet?
    It is a billion dollar industry fool.

  39. #339
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by Palmbeachsooner View Post
    It is a billion dollar industry fool.
    Which fast food giant are you working for?*

    *also, why did you feel the need to tell me you were burning fries?

  40. #340
    SarasotaSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,975
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sarasota, FL

    Re: From a former player

    I'm working the window. Shaneequah told me you were on the fries!

  41. #341
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by Palmbeachsooner View Post
    I'm working the window. Shaneequah told me you were on the fries!
    THat lying ****.

  42. #342
    Originally Posted by Master Pandemonium View Post
    I think recruiting is overrated but this is sad. Is this what it has become? Comparing the University of Oklahoma's talent level to Kansas State's? Last time I checked KSU got rolled by Arkansas and Oregon in back to back bowl games. They are not the standard, and how far have we fallen when we have justified stooping to that level.
    Whats sad is your reading comprehension, or lack thereof. I never compared our talent to KSU. I used KSU as a prime example of a program who never has highly ranked recruiting classes yet wins a lot of games.

Similar Threads

  1. NBA player comes out
    By oucub23 in forum Wayman's House
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: May 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM