I'm no longer that disappointed

Posted 475 day(s) ago 1950 Views 44 Replies

I thought we would play a little worse on defense. Our offense never plays great in bowl games. We were completely out schemed out played but those are my expectations for OU anymore.
    5 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: BoomerDT, dainbramage, morrisja20, oupunk, p23570

I knew our D would suck, it is what we do, I think anyone that thought we were going to stop that little qb was crazy.we have severe lack of talent on defense. I was vastly dissappointed though with the O in the second half, I still do not understand wtf happened offensively.
    3 users like willie's post: Meni, oucub23, RenegadeSooner

Our talent isn't near as bad as the points and plays we give up. Our schemes worked well 10 years ago, but don't work well now with these option spread teams that can pass.

It really isn't that surprising that the Heisman trophy winner running QB ran all over us, which is what historically kills OU teams under Stoops. What is frustrating is how easy it was for him. And offensively, we looked like a sack of dicks. Our O line did pretty well... I think Landry only got sacked once... but our running game is pathetic, and it kept our passing game from opening up.

Its really frustrating that our schemes and shitty shitty play made aTm look like they deserve a national title. OU is the most overrated team in the world, year in and year out. Its baffling how we won games like OSU this season, and are co-champs of the big XII. That is a great coaching job with the team we have. The game last night was a ****ing nightmare.

And next year, OU will be overranked at around 10 or so, when we should probably be 15 or so, and aTm will be 4 or so, and some shitty team will expose Manziel when they figure out how to play against him, and they will lose to a shitty SEC team like Mississippi State, who will then be a SEC powerhouse and will be ranked in the top 5 and aTm will drop to 6 or something gay like that.
    This SEC love fest will continue, which is frustrating, but what's really frustrating is that OU will be vastly overrated, again, and won't have the nuts or the talent level yet to expose them if we get a chance.

God ****ing Damn **** Shart.
    2 users like Boognish's post: p23570, Sooner2012

Re: I'm no longer that disappointed

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Our talent isn't near as bad as the points and plays we give up. Our schemes worked well 10 years ago, but don't work well now with these option spread teams that can pass.
    A&M is an air raid team. Not a spread option team. Any combination read option draw/quick pass are staple plays even Peyton Manning runs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

vCash

Sad but true. OU fans are content with mediocrity. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Sad but true. OU fans are content with mediocrity. Never thought I'd live to see the day.
    I'm angry about being content with it. But it's the expectation level. Same thing happened with me as a kid when we stunk. I thought winning 6 games would be a great year when Stoops first got here and winning 7 and being in every game was way beyond expectations. I wish we would get back to that level where every game is competitive again.

vCash

Have to agree - I was not upset at the end of the game. This is what I've come to expect from OU in bowl games. I can't blame the defense yet seeing M Stoops just got there this year (if you have crap, even the best coach isn't going to stop an accurate QB who can also run all over you). On the Offensive side... I was in shock that we didn't score in the 2nd half. I think it's time to find a real offensive coordinator....

We have talent, they just aren't coached very well right now.

vCash

It was just an 'exhibition' game according to you. Why do you post so much about it? Just curious. I'm surprised you even watched it. Or did you just read everyone else's posts on here?

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    I wish we would get back to that level where every game is competitive again.
    Apart from last night, which games weren't we competitive in this season?

vCash

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Apart from last night, which games weren't we competitive in this season?
    Let him go, he's on a roll

Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Let him go, he's on a roll
    How bout Notre Dame?

Sooner fans are retarded.

Did y'all really think y'all had a chance last night?

vCash

Originally Posted by thankyoucomeagain View Post
    How bout Notre Dame?

Go the **** away.

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Go the **** away.
    The truth hurts doesn't it? Now all you have it petty demands and childish insults.

How do you feel about your impending mediocrity?

vCash

How bout Notre Dame?

OU was within one score of a tied game with 5 minutes left in the 4th. I'd call that competitive. In fact, the only thing that killed it for us was a missed pass interference call by the officials. Try again.

vCash

The truth hurts doesn't it? Now all you have it petty demands and childish insults.

You should be very proud of yourself for joining a rival message board for the express purpose of talking shit, big Internet man. Yes, you guys played a good game last night. You did not, however, beat us by 50+ or shut us out (not sure how long you have been a fan, that might sound a little familiar?). Until you have something substantive to say other than "derp derp y'all are retards", we reserve the right to hurl childish insults back at you.
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

vCash

how'd you feel about your mediocrity for nearly the entire history of the program and especially the 16 years in the Big 12? tell me that and I will answer your question then

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    how'd you feel about your mediocrity for nearly the entire history of the program and especially the 16 years in the Big 12? tell me that and I will answer your question then
    It sucked, but I feel alittle better knowing that y'all are about to get your own little taste of it.

But there you go bringing up the past again. As I've said before, I think about the future, and right now we are the future.

vCash

For someone who's so focused on the future, you sure are spending a good amount of time on this message board. Didn't you just say aTm is the future? If so, why are you here? The irony is laughable really. Haha
    2 users like Jason's post: greensooner, jmizzy4ou

vCash

It sucked, but I feel alittle better knowing that y'all are about to get your own little taste of it.

But there you go bringing up the past again. As I've said before, I think about the future, and right now we are the future.
    we may go through some lean years but it won't be anything like what A&M has experienced

Mediocrity? The difference between our program is that we went 10-3 and that is considered a HUGE disappointment while your program acts like a 10 win season is the 2nd coming. Call me when you when 7 titles. Call me when you stop claiming titles and conference championships that aren't yours.
    2 users like BoomSoon's post: BleeOU1, jmizzy4ou

vCash

The following users like this post: oucub23

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

vCash

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I knew our D would suck, it is what we do, I think anyone that thought we were going to stop that little qb was crazy.we have severe lack of talent on defense. I was vastly dissappointed though with the O in the second half, I still do not understand wtf happened offensively.
    Nothing happened to our offense. Against good teams that do not allow us to run the football we score 19 points (KSU), 13 points (Notre Dame) and 13 points (aTm). It is what we do. In those 3 games the offense scored a total of 4 touchdowns (1.333 per game).

I thought me made Johny Football look like a Heisman Trophy winner!

And our defense looks like a house full of water leaks and no one can figure the source.

vCash

Originally Posted by pawneesooner View Post
    And our defense looks like a house full of water leaks and no one can figure the source.
    Start with the coaching staff Mike Stoops and Tim Kish the frick and frack of college football. They are good sideline entertainment though.

Originally Posted by pawneesooner View Post
    The source is easy. Awful Defensive lineman and undersized linebackers.

vCash

Nick you ignorant ****... scheme means absolutely-****ing nothing if you dont have the talent on the line to move the OL an inch back, I wont even mention our linebackers.

Our DL, DE, and LBs are the worst I've ever seen at OU... scheme doesnt mean shit. Our scheme this year was to hope to hell out secondary could cover for 7-8 seconds. Thats it. So I guess I did mention our linebackers - they're bad.

You blabbering, ****ing idiot.
    2 users like Clark W. Griswold's post: Meni, SoonerPT

vCash

MoveTheSticks on twitter marveled at the Oline of the aggies giving Johnny 7 to 8 seconds

vCash

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    MoveTheSticks on twitter marveled at the Oline of the aggies giving Johnny 7 to 8 seconds
    honestly, they did that every game for A&M. Their O-line is really damn good and a HUGE reason Manziel looked so amazing this year. His scrambles rarely come after 1 or 2 seconds in the pocket. If you only rush four, he usually sits back there a while, scans the field for all of his receivers, grabs a sip of water, jerks off, and looks for an open running lane before deciding to scramble.
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold

vCash

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    honestly, they did that every game for A&M. Their O-line is really damn good and a HUGE reason Manziel looked so amazing this year. His scrambles rarely come after 1 or 2 seconds in the pocket. If you only rush four, he usually sits back there a while, scans the field for all of his receivers, grabs a sip of water, jerks off, and looks for an open running lane before deciding to scramble.
    I know he mentioned before the game, that the 2 OT's where awesome, during the game, he said they are putting on a clinic on how to block

vCash

it just hit me, the aggies have a better o line than OU, never thought I'd say that

Come back and talk when ATM actually wins a national championship after 1938 or whenever it was. If you abide by that, we'll never hear from you again of course.

it just hit me, the aggies have a better o line than OU, never thought I'd say that
    We had a better offensive line in the 90s as well.

Texas A&M - 1997, 1998, 2010, 2012 Big 12 Champs*

No they have better bunch of " holders " than OU has. Go back and look at both of Manziel's big runs on their first drive. Their Outland award winning left tackle had a death grip on OU's defensive ends shoulder pads.

vCash

I can't wait for the aggie's fall back to reality next season. I see a sophomore slump in manziel's future. The cat's outta the bag and Johnny Jizzjar is gonna have a target firmly planted on his back.

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I can't wait for the aggie's fall back to reality next season. I see a sophomore slump in manziel's future. The cat's outta the bag and Johnny Jizzjar is gonna have a target firmly planted on his back.

People have said that for a while. If the vaunted Oklahoma defense couldn't do anything, what makes you think someone else will?

Originally Posted by OU Sam View Post
    No they have better bunch of " holders " than OU has. Go back and look at both of Manziel's big runs on their first drive. Their Outland award winning left tackle had a death grip on OU's defensive ends shoulder pads.
    Boo hoo.

vCash

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    People have said that for a while. If the vaunted Oklahoma defense couldn't do anything, what makes you think someone else will?

Dude. I know you're a troll but act like you got some common sense. OU's defense was a far way from vaunted. And people been saying it for a while? Dude's a freshman. This is his first year dummy.

Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Dude. I know you're a troll but act like you got some common sense. OU's defense was a far way from vaunted. And people been saying it for a while? Dude's a freshman. This is his first year dummy.

I know but according to all of the folks around here it was built to stop our kind of offense. Not for one recruiting class, but five. They knew how to stop us. It was in their nature.

I never thought I'd see two things in this life:

1. a Mike Stoops defense sucking

2. a fanbase more ****ing annoying than Arkie's

Now they're all I see.

Texas a&m love sucking ****s

How do you know when your program sucks dick ... how about when you have to invent title claims because saying we only won once sounds pathetic.

Notice how OU fans don't count 2003 as a Big 12 title year? Class.
    Notice how TA&M fans try to invent title years (98? 2010?)? Lack of class.

OU - 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 Big 12 Champs
    (Even the padded numbers don't equal it.)

vCash

We had a better offensive line in the 90s as well.

Ours was better in the 70's.