Pumpers

Posted 621 day(s) ago 2143 Views 52 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

OU vs. A&M Cotton Bowl Pumpers

Irish, Life, Oorah - I'm depressed. Say something, anything, that will make me feel better about all this.

3 users like Stinger_1066's post: meandmybutt, TIMB0B, Tug Medick

At least we (probably) won't ever play Johnny Football again!

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Irish, Life, Oorah - I'm depressed. Say something, anything, that will make me feel better about all this.

I think I speak for all the boys when I say that you people who live through the football team need to get a life.

Oh, and Coach Stoops' jizz tastes like whipped cream.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    I think I speak for all the boys when I say that you people who live through the football team need to get a life.

Life? What life? All the life has been sucked out of me.

Help me, Yuck Fu! You are my only hope.
    The following users like this post: Tug Medick

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post

Says the guy with 2600 posts on a message board

Originally Posted by OSUSUCKSDICK View Post
    you should change your name to OUSUCKSDICK after what I saw last night, A&M went ATM on all of us and left a shitty taste in all of our mouths this morning
    The following users like this post: jumperstop

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    you should change your name to OUSUCKSDICK after what I saw last night, A&M went ATM on all of us and left a shitty taste in all of our mouths this morning
    I think Manziel has a few new girlfriends from the OU defense

I think Manziel has a few new girlfriends from the OU defense
    I believe the proper term is "prison ****es"

Welcome to the Doomers wagon. Stoops will never have less then a 3 loss team as long he is coach at OU. Sure, 10-3 looks good at some schools. Heck it's fine at OU, but when you know that's your peak........

We're OU. Our goal isn't 10-3, it's National Championships.

Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    Welcome to the Doomers wagon. Stoops will never have less then a 3 loss team as long he is coach at OU. Sure, 10-3 looks good at some schools. Heck it's fine at OU, but when you know that's your peak........

We're OU. Our goal isn't 10-3, it's National Championships.
    we're not winning 10 games next year, it will not happen...2014 we will but not 2013

we're not winning 10 games next year, it will not happen...2014 we will but not 2013
    I totally agree. I didn't say we would next year, just that 10-3 is now the new goal/mark to hit. Personally I think the goal should be 13-0. Which of course you can'd do every year.

What pisses me off is "we were beaten by a better team". We're OU. There shouldn't be too many "Better Teams". We should be ****ing after a loss about a bad call from the ref, or an untimely turnover. "we shoulda/coulda beat those guys" Not......oh well, we got beat by a better team, we really had no chance.

Pretty tough schedule

Aug. 31: vs. UL-Monroe
    Sept. 7: vs. West Virginia
    Sept: 14: vs. Tulsa
    Sept. 21: Open
    Sept. 28: at Notre Dame
    Oct. 5: vs. TCU
    Oct. 12: vs. Texas (Dallas)
    Oct. 19: at Kansas
    Oct. 26: vs. Texas Tech
    Nov. 2: Open
    Nov. 9: at Baylor
    Nov. 16: vs. Iowa State
    Nov. 23: at Kansas State
    Nov. 30: Open
    Dec. 7: at Oklahoma State

AD plays tonight! (That's all I've got)

Pretty tough schedule

Aug. 31: vs. UL-Monroe
    Sept. 7: vs. West Virginia
    Sept: 14: vs. Tulsa
    Sept. 21: Open
    Sept. 28: at Notre Dame
    Oct. 5: vs. TCU
    Oct. 12: vs. Texas (Dallas)
    Oct. 19: at Kansas
    Oct. 26: vs. Texas Tech
    Nov. 2: Open
    Nov. 9: at Baylor
    Nov. 16: vs. Iowa State
    Nov. 23: at Kansas State
    Nov. 30: Open
    Dec. 7: at Oklahoma State
    I have us losing to Baylor, ND, TCU and OSU with close games against UL-Monroe, Tulsa, Texas, and Baylor

next year will be shaky but should pay dividends for 2014
    Last edited by greensooner; January 5th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

post # 2667: I think I'm going to go into the Sarcasm Meter business.
    Last edited by Yuck Fu; January 6th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.

Re: Pumpers

Eh...it was just the cotton bowl. I was quite amused watching atm celebrate like they had just won a mnc.

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

Well.......since we don't know if we will ever play aTm again, the ****gies now own "eternal scoreboard" over The Sooners, forever....and ever.....and ever! Not what you wanted? Sorry.

Love my school, sign up or shut up

Do you even evaluate the opposition and what they lose next season? Apparently not.

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Do you even evaluate the opposition and what they lose next season? Apparently not.
    absolutely did in my prediction...you think we will win 10 games next year and I don't

you don't see me calling out your prediction, if you think they will fine but I don't see it

we are replacing so much and the teams I have us losing to aren't losing nearly as much (TCU, ND, Baylor, OSU)

we don't even know our offensive identity going into next year, we are replacing our entire DL, still trying to find a LB core, and will be fielding a mostly new secondary

be optimistic all you want, I'm giving you reasons why we won't win 10 games next year

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    I think most would base this opinion on what we have coming back - shitty defense, stale offense, uninspired coaching.

We aren't changing anything next year. The only thing you will see different next year is the coaches salary (balls if you are interested in that sort of thing ).

Pumpers

I walked out of Jerry's World at the beginning of the fourth. I hated doing that, but I told myself I have much more respect for Oklahoma Football than to sit and watch this any longer.

There is a reason, and we painfully found that out throughout the course of the season, that our starting D-line, sans Ndule, didn't start until their 5th year. I do think that our defensive woes are mainly b/c of personnel and not scheme. As its been said, Mike's got his work cut out for him but it's probably going to be at least two years til we see significant improvement, and that's provided there are staff changes.

Which brings me to my next point. No one can deny that there is need for Stoops to clean house. Schmitty, Patton and Shipp need to be outright fired. BJW needs to retire. Heupel needs to go fine tune his skills elsewhere. We know Bob won't fire Kittle, but he needs to be re-assigned to a non-coaching position.

The thing is, and this is what frustrates me, does Stoops realize these changes must be made? If so, does he have the will to do it? I'm far, far, far away from the Fire Stoops crowd, but if won't do these things, he needs to step down. Stoops brought us back from mediocrity, the worst thing he could do is return us there.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    The thing is, and this is what frustrates me, does Stoops realize these changes must be made? If so, does he have the will to do it? I'm far, far, far away from the Fire Stoops crowd, but if won't do these things, he needs to step down. Stoops brought us back from mediocrity, the worst thing he could do is return us there.

Welcome to reality. All that's left is for you to realize that it's apathy on Stoops's part that is the root cause of all of this. If Stoops tried as hard as Saban to do everything he could within the rules to win, he'd be as good as Saban. The biggest mistake of his career was 2000 / 2005 - Showing us what he could do if he put his mind to it.... and tried / worked HARD. He knows very well what it would take for 2000 to happen again, but he WILL NOT do that. Everyone knows these changes need to be made..... how is it possible that Stoops is the only one who doesn't?.... and if one thinks he'll ever try that (2000) hard again, one's lost their ****ing mind. lazy and apathetic. $4.7 mil per year.

Best possible outcome - Stoops stays, but as a figurehead - just like JoePa. We pay Mike more (even if it's under the table) to stay for good, as he's one of the best defensive coordinators in the NCAA and hasn't caught the apathy bug. We get Wilson back from IU and pay him more, as he's the best obvious choice (Mangino couldn't work out for PC reasons) and was the OC of the greatest offense in college football history (2008 OU). Bob as apathetic figurehead, Mike with total control of the D, and Wilson with total control of the offense. Neither would report to Bob. Both just report straight to Joe C.

Pull your panties out of your hairless **** and grow the **** up. You woke up this morning it's a good day go enjoy it. Live a little might do you some good.

I walked out of Jerry's World at the beginning of the fourth. I hated doing that, but I told myself I have much more respect for Oklahoma Football than to sit and watch this any longer.

There is a reason, and we painfully found that out throughout the course of the season, that our starting D-line, sans Ndule, didn't start until their 5th year. I do think that our defensive woes are mainly b/c of personnel and not scheme. As its been said, Mike's got his work cut out for him but it's probably going to be at least two years til we see significant improvement, and that's provided there are staff changes.

Which brings me to my next point. No one can deny that there is need for Stoops to clean house. Schmitty, Patton and Shipp need to be outright fired. BJW needs to retire. Heupel needs to go fine tune his skills elsewhere. We know Bob won't fire Kittle, but he needs to be re-assigned to a non-coaching position.

You're just now realizing that how cute. Why do you think we've wanted Stoops' head for a year or 2? He's afraid to fire any of his friends and thinks all is good with the program as long as we can win 9-10 games a year. At this point it's very clear to me, unless Stoops finds some amazing assistant coaches that can also recruit and develop players OU's days as a national title contender are over.

Cheering up after this game is easy. 3little words is all it takes.

No more Landry.

Think about that for a second.........

Makes me smile every time.

Pumpers

Most people are saying that 6 coaches need to go in some form or fashion. That's not even realistic. Name me a program that has moved that many coaches in one year.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Most people are saying that 6 coaches need to go in some form or fashion. That's not even realistic. Name me a program that has moved that many coaches in one year.
    Most programs that fire their head coach lose at least six coaches. Just saying...

Originally Posted by Sooner**** View Post
    Cheering up after this game is easy. 3little words is all it takes.

No more Landry.

Think about that for a second.........

Makes me smile every time.
    You honestly believe that Landry is the problem?
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Pumpers

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    Most programs that fire their head coach lose at least six coaches. Just saying...
    I agree that if a HC is fired then the house is cleaned but I guess I should have prefaced that most posters also are not calling for Stoops head. They just want over half the staff replaced. That is not realistic unless Bob leaves or is fired.

You're just now realizing that how cute. Why do you think we've wanted Stoops' head for a year or 2? He's afraid to fire any of his friends and thinks all is good with the program as long as we can win 9-10 games a year. At this point it's very clear to me, unless Stoops finds some amazing assistant coaches that can also recruit and develop players OU's days as a national title contender are over.
    All coaches, who stay at the same program long enough go through slumps. Bud Wilkson did, Bear Bryant did, Darrel Royal did, Gene Stallings did. Hell, I bet that old fart Yuck Fu could tell you about the "Bury Barry" bumper stickers that some idiots proudly slapped on their cars and then Barry ripped off a NC season.

I am willing to give Stoops the time needed to get this turned around, but the clock is ticking. I can *promise you this, if he makes zero staff changes and next year we go 7-5 or below, I will be fully supportive of Stoops stepping down.

*granted there are not multiple significant injuries

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    While I would like for this to happen, I fully realize it won't. The big 2 are Schmitty and Shipp, and as previously stated, Kittle needs to be reassigned to a non-coaching position w/in the program.

All coaches, who stay at the same program long enough go through slumps. Bud Wilkson did, Bear Bryant did, Darrel Royal did, Gene Stallings did. Hell, I bet that old fart Yuck Fu could tell you about the "Bury Barry" bumper stickers that some idiots proudly slapped on their cars and then Barry ripped off a NC season.

I am willing to give Stoops the time needed to get this turned around, but the clock is ticking. I can *promise you this, if he makes zero staff changes and next year we go 7-5 or below, I will be fully supportive of Stoops stepping down.

*granted there are not multiple significant injuries
    Somewhere I still have a "Chuck Chuck" one.

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post

I honestly believe being clutch is a real thing.

I honestly believe Landry is the opposite of that. Whatever that is. We've all had the feeling when we start seeing Landry getting jittery on the field when things start getting real. Ball's not even snapped yet and Landry just looks like he's fixing to screwup. Then he does. You feel like a freaking psychic everytime it happens.

People who can't admit this is a very real thing Landry does and that it became so common it was predictable I can't take seriously.

I also think he was a piss poor leader on the field who was incapable of rallying his team. That something else that was obvious that some people can't seem to admit.

But no I don't think it was ALL Landry's fault. I do think the team will play better as a unit without him and I"m glad he's finally gone.

Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    Pull your panties out of your hairless **** and grow the **** up. You woke up this morning it's a good day go enjoy it. Live a little might do you some good.
    Live a little? In the past 6 months I've been to Cabo, Vegas and St. Thomas. I live on a golf course and play whenever I want. What more do I need to do?

I need you to tell me why this loss wasn't such a bad thing and how we'll be a great team in 2013.

Hell, I bet that old fart Yuck Fu could tell you about the "Bury Barry" bumper stickers that some idiots proudly slapped on their cars and then Barry ripped off a NC season.

[/I][/SIZE]
    No I couldn't cuz Switzer got a copyright on the phrase "Bury Barry" in early 1973. However he DIDN'T copyright the phrase "Barry had it in for Larry"
    The following users like this post: SoonerPT

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    He is the face of the team. For the past 4 years Landry(Lance) under pressure and in the clutch epitomized the lack of mental toughness shown by the team on both sides of the ball at critical moments. While he wasn't necessarily THE problem, he is a glaring example of the type of kids we're recruiting and the type of mental fortitude that results after 4-5 years in our current system.

What? Read your last sentence again. Mediocrity my ass, we were horrible. We went 3-8, 4-7, and 5-6.

But we're we're the worst 5-6 team in the country. If your schedule includes three cream puff non conference teams and you have ISU and Baylor (horrible at that time), 5 wins is a given. We couldn't do that two out of three years. We ****ing sucked total ass. That was not mediocrity.

Regardless of the 10 wins, our defense was so bad this year that I consider this year a half step above mediocrity

Last year bothered me much more than this year ---- considering the players that were dismissed from the team, injured and quit.

Last year we were featured by ESPN pre-season and picked pre-season #1. We ended up 10 and 3 with a loss at home to a sorry Tech team and a total melt down to Sheep Hoser U. How embarrassing.
    At least this year we lost to formidable opponents. Stoops cleaned house in the off season and totally replaced OU's receiver corp, except for Stills. Considering Landry's penchant for going into a slump and the fact that he had all new receivers, I'm pretty happy with this season. Plus we lost two starting OL in August and replaced our leading rusher with a JUCO transfer. I'm giddy.

Things that Stoops must do: Our offense has become Texas Tech. We must find a way to score in the red zone and the 'Bell Dozer' is not the answer.
    Things that Stoops won't ever do: Stoops is not a great recruiter. Get used to it. A Zebra can't change his stripes. Stoops has never been a great recruiter and he's not going to suddenly become one.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the 'Stoops is complacent' and the list of coaches who should be replaced. Did you discern this from watching practice or are you extrapolating from the product on the field? I don't know how much Stoops 'cares' about winning but I'm guessing he still cares very much. Its his job, he's paid millions for it and he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would take that kind of money and not try his hardest???
    The following users like this post: oujeremy

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    We went 3-8, 4-7, and 5-6.
    Blake was showing progress. Getting better every season. He should have been retained.

Live a little? In the past 6 months I've been to Cabo, Vegas and St. Thomas. I live on a golf course and play whenever I want. What more do I need to do?

I need you to tell me why this loss wasn't such a bad thing and how we'll be a great team in 2013.
    Typical now we get to hear about how great your life is. When did I ever say that a loss isn't a bad thing? Name one time I've ever predicted any OU team would be great the following year? Here is what it comes down to, you don't like me for whatever reason, I don't give a shit. So you build up in your own little mind a perception, but the reality doesn't fit that perception. But hey spend more time thinking about it, I love being on peoples mind.

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    What? Read your last sentence again. Mediocrity my ass, we were horrible. We went 3-8, 4-7, and 5-6.

But we're we're the worst 5-6 team in the country. If your schedule includes three cream puff non conference teams and you have ISU and Baylor (horrible at that time), 5 wins is a given. We couldn't do that two out of three years. We ****ing sucked total ass. That was not mediocrity.

Regardless of the 10 wins, our defense was so bad this year that I consider this year a half step above mediocrity
    Very well. How about "Stoops pulled us out of the abyss. The worst thing he could do is bring us back to the edge of it." That work?

Very well. How about "Stoops pulled us out of the abyss. The worst thing he could do is bring us back to the edge of it." That work?
    Oorah, your posts are exactly the way I felt last season after the OSU debacle. While I feel Bob should be given every opportunity to lead us out of this, I don't think he will. He is stubborn, loyal, and to make the wholesale changes we need would be admitting he was wrong. Just don't see it happening.

Stoops brought us back from mediocrity, the worst thing he could do is return us there.
    Fantastic quote.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Blake was showing progress. Getting better every season. He should have been retained.

National Championships won with John Blake's players/recruits: ONE With Bob Stoop's: ZERO

Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    National Championships won with John Blake's players/recruits: ONE With Bob Stoop's: ZERO
    the truth, also he had great assistants. Look at what he does with shitty assistants

Originally Posted by lobster999 View Post
    Oorah, your posts are exactly the way I felt last season after the OSU debacle. While I feel Bob should be given every opportunity to lead us out of this, I don't think he will. He is stubborn, loyal, and to make the wholesale changes we need would be admitting he was wrong. Just don't see it happening.

Fantastic quote.
    What's particularly frustrating is that game should have been it. That should have been the wake up call. That should have been all Stoops needed. We could have won that game. Why Heupel chose to pass the ball, when all the evidence suggested running it and grinding the clock and keeping Weeden/Blackmon on the sideline is just maddening. Now to his credit, he did make the changes on defense, with the dismissal of Martinez and BV and bringing in Mike and Tim. And I'm willing to give those two the time they need to get things corrected. But it's painfully clear that Josh Heupel just isn't ready to be the OC. When we're playing a team of lower talent, the man is a wizard. But when we are playing teams of equal, let alone better talent, (not just on the opposing defense, but also on the opposing offense) he simply gets outcoached.

You know what would be a perfect job for Heupel? Quarterback coach at LSU. That has been there biggest weakness during Les Miles tenure. If he were to go there and improve that, he'll no doubt get offers to be a HC at smaller Sun Belt or MAC or MWC school or move on to an OC position elsewhere.

Josh Heupel, the quarterback who won this team a national championship will always have a place in the hearts of all Sooner fans. Josh Heupel, the green and often inept and incompetent OC will not. There is no place for on the job training when you're the offensive coordinator at the University of Oklahoma.

Pumpers

I'll give Josh another year before becoming critical of him. I want to see what he can so with mobility at qb.