Stills, Jefferson declare, Colvin?

Posted 665 day(s) ago 3711 Views 87 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Stills, Jefferson declare, Colvin?

After last night's performance, thoughts on any of these guys actually leaving early? Even with Jefferson playing injured, I just don't see him (or the other two) being viewed too highly by any NFL scout and, unless any of the three is in desperate need to generate some type of income, I will be very surprised.

Odds on Stills, Jefferson and/or Colvin leaving early?

Clay?
    Millard?
    Who else?

Not sure, but I can tell you the percentage to which I care = 0%.

Re: Odds on Stills, Jefferson and/or Colvin leaving early?

Except for Millard I wouldn't care if any of them left

Who cares. None of them will last long in the NFL. Defensive players who cant cover and can't tackle have no future in the league.

One thing is certain. None of these players mentioned did anything whatsoever to bolster their draft stock.

I saw Colvin do something last night that I've never seen him do before. He was approaching the ball carrier and he started falling down before he even made contact and got run over. That's when I started to really consider that he was leaving.

I can't see Millard going higher than 3rd or 4th round as a TE.

Millard should leave. He has no chance of bettering his draft stock, because he is grossly underused.
    The following users like this post: soonerbldr

Originally Posted by Yungpoisna View Post
    Millard should leave. He has no chance of bettering his draft stock, because he is grossly underused.
    Millard already stated he is coming back next year

Stills, Jefferson are likely gone and Colvin stays IMO

Oh, I know Millard is coming back. But he can go to the NFL and be paid to be underused. Unless Stoops/Heupel finds a way to get him more involved in the offense, his draft stock will be about the same. This kid averaged less than 5 total rushes/receptions this year. That number should be at least two and a half times higher.

Originally Posted by Yungpoisna View Post
    Oh, I know Millard is coming back. But he can go to the NFL and be paid to be underused. Unless Stoops/Heupel finds a way to get him more involved in the offense, his draft stock will be about the same. This kid averaged less than 5 total rushes/receptions this year. That number should be at least two and a half times higher.
    I agree, but I also think that when he gets to the NFL he will be utilized as a RB along with his blocking skills he has a great hands and runs with determination

Well, Clay tweeted it's time for him to get paid after the game last night, so I'm guessing he's gone, although I'm not sure how much he will make in the CFL.

I expect Stills, Jefferson and Colvin to be gone as well..so odds 90% they are gone. Colvin should stay as I don't think he will get drafted too high.

Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    Well, Clay tweeted it's time for him to get paid after the game last night, so I'm guessing he's gone, although I'm not sure how much he will make in the CFL.
    Please tell me that he didn't tweet that. Please.

Clay won't get drafted if he goes pro this year, and unless he has a huge season next year won't either

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Well y'all saw it .....say no mas ..back on the grind ...time to get paidddddd now!!!!

that's what he said

we need new players with a winning attitude...
    hope they go....especially stills

Colvin can leave, all he has done this year is get beat... somehow a couple of cool interceptions makes him really good, I don't buy it.
    The following users like this post: Cabbage_town_kid

Deuces...

I'll take some of the incoming freshmen who *might* play with a little heart

This is gonna piss off a lot of people. Stills has been nothing but a cancer to that team. He brings a me first attitude and has only been about himself for three years. Yeah he has brought some recruits on campus but he didn't do it for OU, pretty sure you would see some sort of tweet stating ,"chalk one up for the Cali trio." Stills if you read this board GTFO of this state and take your minions with you! You have no idea what it means to be a Oklahoma Sooner! Yeah you played some ball here but you played for noone else but yourself. Please when you go pro say your from Cali not OU, this state doesn't need that shit.
    2 users like prentice2's post: 87sooner, metes

Saw a tweet from Duron Neal to Stills, Jefferson and a few others that he will miss them.

Originally Posted by prentice2 View Post
    Stills has been nothing but a cancer to that team. He brings a me first attitude and has only been about himself for three years.
    How do you know this? Are you on the team? Do you attend team meetings?

How do you know this? Are you on the team? Do you attend team meetings?
    Maybe

Originally Posted by SilksKS View Post
    Saw a tweet from Duron Neal to Stills, Jefferson and a few others that he will miss them.
    just saw that, looks like Stills and TJ have told the team that was their last game

Maybe
    Interesting. Just learned that the team holds meetings in DeLand, Florida.
    The following users like this post: cccasooner2

This is gonna piss off a lot of people. Stills has been nothing but a cancer to that team. He brings a me first attitude and has only been about himself for three years. Yeah he has brought some recruits on campus but he didn't do it for OU, pretty sure you would see some sort of tweet stating ,"chalk one up for the Cali trio." Stills if you read this board GTFO of this state and take your minions with you! You have no idea what it means to be a Oklahoma Sooner! Yeah you played some ball here but you played for noone else but yourself. Please when you go pro say your from Cali not OU, this state doesn't need that shit.
    Who is coach Noone?

I actually appreciate Kenny Stills' efforts this year. His first two seasons, I thought he was kind of an immature brat. but he's given really good effort this year and made some great plays for us. I don't think he'll be a great pro, but I wish him well should he decide to leave early.
    The following users like this post: Sooner209

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Who is coach Noone?
    I'm not sure, but he should be fired too.
    2 users like Redhawk's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, p23570

YEAH, Stills has no heart.just like when he ran across the entire field to crush the DB who had an angle on DD Williams long td.stop being so dam butt hurt over certain players you have no clue. these kids tried and because of numerous reasons it just didn't get the prize we all wanted. I for one wish them all the best @ the next level regardless of who stays or goes.
    4 users like caseyou1's post: cccasooner2, soonerbldr, soonerUthenMe, srburkhart

So funny how people hate on kids that play at OU. So maybe they didn't live up to YOUR potential/expectations. Take for example Stills, one of the main reason the receiving corp gelled so nice this year was because of veteran Stills (per Norvell); per Norvell, he put in more work with all the new receivers than landry; not to mention he is our #1 ambassador during recruiting.

Take a chance to look at yourself in the mirror, and before you throw up, ask yourself what the **** have you done for this university.
    The following users like this post: soonerbldr

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter Both @CoMoney15 (Cortez Johnson) @RealDNeal (Durron Neal) indicating on Twitter teammates Tony Jefferson/Kenny Stills going pro

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter Man, to those ripping Jefferson/Stills, those guys have done a lot for OU. Recruited a bunch of guys to Norman, and been very good players

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter
    Both guys have played hurt at various times, and never complained, too.

Jordan Esco ‏@Jordan_Esco @Jake_Trotter It was inevitable. Those are the idiots, the minority. Every fanbase has them, we're no exception.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Jordan Esco ‏@Jordan_Esco With all due respect, if you're someone who is ripping any of these OU guys for leaving early, you're an idiot.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    So funny how people hate on kids that play at OU. So maybe they didn't live up to YOUR potential. Take for example Stills, one of the main reason the receiving corp gelled so nice this year was because of veteran Stills (per Norvell); per Norvell, he put in more work with all the new receivers than landry; not to mention he is our #1 ambassador during recruiting.

Take a chance to look at yourself in the mirror, and before you throw up, ask yourself what the **** have you done for this university.
    since recruiting seems to be a problem...maybe we need a new ambassador

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    since recruiting seems to be a problem...maybe we need a new ambassador
    **** your an idiot ... your the dumb **** at work that when a business fails/struggles ... you blame the hardest worker. this is football moron, not your world of warcraft where you're a stud and can kick ass on your own.
    The following users like this post: Yungpoisna

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Jordan Esco ‏@Jordan_Esco With all due respect, if you're someone who is ripping any of these OU guys for leaving early, you're an idiot.
    With all due respect I'm not ripping them for leaving early, they just aren't good enough to leave early. Big difference.

Hope Jefferson gets a bonus somewhere bc I don't see him sticking with a roster otherwise.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    **** your an idiot ... your the dumb **** at work that when a business fails/struggles ... you blame the hardest worker. this is football moron, not your world of warcraft where you're a stud and can kick ass on your own.
    Unless you're Johnny Fütball against OU's defense.

Why are so many people down on Stills? He made a lot of great catches over the past 3 years. He didn't catch everything thrown his way but who does. Like saying AD isn't a great player for the Vikes because he fumbles once in a while. Give the kid some credit. Think he played most of the time with a lot of fire and wish him well either in the pros or back at OU next year. Same with Jefferson.

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    Hope Jefferson gets a bonus somewhere bc I don't see him sticking with a roster otherwise.
    Fun game:

Where are they now, Sooner DB version

Reggie Smith
    Nic Harris
    Jonathan Nelson
    Dom Franks

Tis true and why he did, I have no ****ing clue.

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    Unless you're Johnny Fütball against OU's defense.
    anyone OU fan coming into the atm gaming thinking that we were going to win with defense is delusional. it was suppose to be a shoot out and we didn't bring enough bullets. Johnny did what was expected ... LaTech scored 57 ... we put up 13.

We shouldn't be ripping any of the players. Whether they should go pro or not is their choice. We might not agree with it but we should be thankful for everything they gave to OU. Now, the coaches...they deserve to be ripped. They're paid to do the job. They've earned all the criticism.
    The following users like this post: soonerUthenMe

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    We shouldn't be ripping any of the players. Whether they should go pro or not is their choice. We might not agree with it but we should be thankful for everything they gave to OU. Now, the coaches...they deserve to be ripped. They're paid to do the job. They've earned all the criticism.
    the players i do rip are the ronnell lewis', i'm not down on players quitting on their team before the season's over.

I'm as upset about last night as anyone, but wishing our best players would leave is just dumb. Newsflash, their backups and/or replacements won't be better.

Kenny Stills is one of the best WR's to ever play at OU.

So he's on par with a bunch of other guys that couldn't make it in the NFL? That has to be good news for him.

So he's on par with a bunch of other guys that couldn't make it in the NFL? That has to be good news for him.
    play at OU
    It was a response to the rant post from Brian Wilson.

With all due respect I'm not ripping them for leaving early, they just aren't good enough to leave early. Big difference.
    That's pretty much the size of it. Those guys would be better of finishing school while they are in school rather than trying to go back after washing out of the NFL in two or three years. My concern for them is getting their degree as they will need one.