Stills, Jefferson declare, Colvin?

Posted 658 day(s) ago by Sinatra3701 Views 87 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    It was a response to the rant post from Brian Wilson.
    Sure, but the best WRs to ever play out OU haven't exactly done well in the league. I just don't think he's good enough yet, but his value probably could go down with a new QB coming in. Of all the guys rumored to be leaving he makes the most sense. But making the most sense out of a bunch of guys that don't make any sense isn't really a ringing endorsement.

Odds on Stills, Jefferson and/or Colvin leaving early?

Joe Shad is reporting that Tony and Kenny are leaving for NFL

“@schadjoe: Oklahoma S Tony Jefferson and WR Kenny Stills will enter the next NFL Draft”
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't blame tony Jefferson for going into the nfl now. I would if I was him. I'm not sure about stills though.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
    Tony Jefferson, 5-11, 210 pounds, is rated as the fifth best safety and 82nd player overall by ESPNs Scouts Inc.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
    Kenny Stills, 6-feet, 190 pounds, is rated as the 14th best receiver and 73rd overall player by ESPN Scouts Inc

Wish him luck but very skeptical on Kenny's draft value. His history of drops and work ethic has to be a big area of concern but he hasn't corrected it in three years here. It's doubtful it would be corrected in his senior year so why not go ahead and go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by RenegadeSooner View Post
    I'm as upset about last night as anyone, but wishing our best players would leave is just dumb. Newsflash, their backups and/or replacements won't be better.
    I agree, OU will need all the help they can get next year. Defense should be improved, I mean how much worse can they actually be?
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
    Tony Jefferson, 5-11, 210 pounds, is rated as the fifth best safety and 82nd player overall by ESPNs Scouts Inc.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
    Kenny Stills, 6-feet, 190 pounds, is rated as the 14th best receiver and 73rd overall player by ESPN Scouts Inc
    If these drafts spots truly are accurate, then barring some other circumstance such as family in dire and immediate need of financial help, these two guys are crazy to leave early.

Thos guys were projected 1st or second rounders its an easy decision when you're predicted 3rd rounder and you haven't even been poked and prodded by NFL teams its not.

I don't think we will miss Stills we have a lot of good WR in the program however Jefferson will hurt next year until we get some experience at safety.

Not a smart decision on these guys part in my opinion especially stills who I don't think is hurting for money. Not sure Jefferson's situation.

Millard already confirmed on Twitter that he's staying at OU. I would love for Stills/Jefferson to come back but I don't think its going to happen. I will say that they're stocks aren't really up after the Cotton bowl though.

If I'm Kenny Stills and I know how Bell throws, I'm leaving too
    The following users like this post: R3D Mamba

It hasn't been the best couple of days for Oklahoma fans.

Following Friday night's 41-13 loss to Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl it was announced on Sunday morning that wide receiver Kenny Stills and safety Tony Jefferson would both be leaving school early to enter the NFL Draft.

Stills was Oklahoma's leading receiver in 2012, catching 82 passes for 959 yards and 11 touchdowns. In his three years with the Sooners Stills had 204 receptions for 2,594 yards and 24 touchdowns, though 2012 was his first season as Landry Jones' top target. With both Stills and Jones leaving school, that's a lot of offense Oklahoma will need to replace in 2013.

Then there's safety Tony Jefferson who finished the 2012 season with 119 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions and 3 passes defended. Jefferson was a key contributor to an Oklahoma defense that had been one of the best units in the Big 12 the last few seasons.

Stills is projected to be a third round pick in this spring's draft, while Jefferson is expected to go in the second or third round.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-the-nfl-draft

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    If these drafts spots truly are accurate, then barring some other circumstance such as family in dire and immediate need of financial help, these two guys are crazy to leave early.
    Little bit of speculation on the Twitters as to whether or not they're actually leaving.

SoonerScoop.com ‏@SoonerScoop
    Don't you think Kenny Stills and Tony Jefferson would be tweeting about going pro if they had made up their minds about the NFL?

"Jefferson was a key contributor to an Oklahoma defense that had been one of the best units in the Big 12 the last few seasons."

WHAT?????

I would be happy if Stills went ahead and left. I've been pretty vocal the last two years against him, i'm just not a believer in him at all. Jefferson i have mixed feelings about. They were all but gone until they got their draft grades back. Their heart does not appear to be in this team right now and it won't be next year either. We need new blood. Maybe it will be worse, maybe better, but i'm against the status quo and have been for a while now.

Originally Posted by lobster999 View Post
    They were all but gone until they got their draft grades back. Their heart does not appear to be in this team right now and it won't be next year either.
    What objective evidence do you have to prove your contentions?

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    What objective evidence do you have to prove your contentions?
    You can watch the replay of the game and watch them quit right before your eyes. I don't need evidence, this is a message board jack ass, not a court room. My major contention is Stills is average and Tony played like ass the last half of the season. Deal with it.

Originally Posted by lobster999 View Post
    I don't need evidence, this is a message board jack ass,
    A concise summary of your credibility and maturity level.
    The following users like this post: lobster999

Bob on K-Stilly: "I think we can find someone to drop at least one TD pass per game!" lol!

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    it was announced on Sunday morning that wide receiver Kenny Stills and safety Tony Jefferson would both be leaving school early to enter the NFL Draft.
    Where is this "announcement"? I see tweets from reporters but nothing has officially been announced. Shoddy journalism.

Once again; see ya.

I'm sure we can find some other players to be out of position; and drop passes and commit OPI.

I'm sure we'll find someone else to miss half a dozen tackles a game.

Who the hell would pay them money to play ball at the next level, they can't play at this level.
    The following users like this post: 87sooner

I don't know, I thought the defense played great... playing dead

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    Sure, but the best WRs to ever play out OU haven't exactly done well in the league. I just don't think he's good enough yet, but his value probably could go down with a new QB coming in. Of all the guys rumored to be leaving he makes the most sense. But making the most sense out of a bunch of guys that don't make any sense isn't really a ringing endorsement.
    Again, merely speaking about his play at OU, not NFL prospects. It's admittedly outside the context of the thread, but Brian Wilson was going way too far.

Just trash em. It will make grown azz men feel better about the state of the program. Don't consider how they represented the team, just trash em......

Maybe we should get some of those emotional fiery guys like Bomar back on campus. I mean, he did chest bump linemen and trash talk defenders after every routine play. He LOVED being a Sooner, and winning was all he cared about right???

No reason to trash these kids. Both represented us well, and both actively recruited other Cali area players to OU. We will miss them both, even if angry armchair fans say we won't.
    The following users like this post: R3D Mamba

Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    Just trash em. It will make grown azz men feel better about the state of the program. Don't consider how they represented the team, just trash em......

Maybe we should get some of those emotional fiery guys like Bomar back on campus. I mean, he did chest bump linemen and trash talk defenders after every routine play. He LOVED being a Sooner, and winning was all he cared about right???

No reason to trash these kids. Both represented us well, and both actively recruited other Cali area players to OU. We will miss them both, even if angry armchair fans say we won't.
    Yep!

Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post

i'm not angry...but we won't miss them...especially stills...
    i've been told norvell is a god.....surely he can replace a receiver like stills...

I think Stills leaving might be a good thing for Treadwell. Treadwell will probably go with Ole Miss, but he now knows he can compete for a starting job day one at OU. We'll see....

They keep saying on The Rush that Tom Wort wont be back either... Said it twice I believe.

Originally Posted by 2SBTM View Post
    They keep saying on The Rush that Tom Wort wont be back either... Said it twice I believe.
    What? Is he transferring to A&M on football scholarship to be a veterinarian?

You're saying it like it's a bad thing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer because it never seemed like he hit it off with mike and kish.

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    You're saying it like it's a bad thing.
    Nah, just a little FWIW info.

Oklahoma Football ‏@OU_Football Coach Stoops confirms he's aware that Tony Jefferson & Kenny Stills intend to declare for 2013 NFL Draft. http://tinyurl.com/yf9soqt

^ that they gone

Anyone real worried about this?

I agree. I feel Jefferson has already peaked at OU and doesn't have any more to prove. Stills leaving, idc really. We've got enough good WRs

wish them the best ... glad they attempted to play hard to the final minute of their career here (unlike that quitter Ronnell Lewis who left his team high and dry).