If you could trade Stoops for Sumlin, right now, would yoU?

Posted 473 day(s) ago 2361 Views 59 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2
    vCash

Stoops If you could trade Stoops for Sumlin, right now, would yoU?

Discuss

hahhahaha is that serious? Who wouldn't?

vCash

Would Sumlin leave aTm for OU? I don't think he'd even consider it. College Station is a perfect fit for him.
    The following users like this post: SoonerSteve1

vCash

yesyesyesyesyes. In a heartbeat. Didn't even need to think about it.

vCash

Overreacting idiots. All of you.

YES! I made this statement to my boss before the game. His staff has a fire and desire that burned out long ago in Norman.
    The following users like this post: jadubya

Stoops and his staff have become WAY to comfortable, money sometimes changes people and I think Bob's so comfortable that he doesn't seem to care any more. Yes, I think Bob wants to win but I think he and his staff are NOT getting it done in the off season and it shows come game day. Losing is part of football but getting embarrassed is just NOT acceptable.
    2 users like EastSideSooners's post: jadubya, SilksKS

vCash

I'll take a fresh start with Sumlin,
    2 users like Meni's post: jadubya, zevogolf

vCash

another question about Stoops, how many other teams message boards would trade their QB for him?
    sure Toledo would, FIU, San Jose State, but what top 20 teams? Wisconsin needs a coach they don't count.

Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Overreacting idiots. All of you.
    You're the only idiot in this thread
    2 users like OSUSUCKSDICK's post: nolesooner, SCV Sooner

vCash

Yes I would. But I would have earlier in the year -- definitely after the Bama game. What I have learned since then is that evidently Sumlin and his staff are pretty good recruiters and that has greatly enhanced my opinion of him. Stoops has got to improve OU's recruiting or continue down the road of mediocrity.

vCash

In a New York minute.

vCash

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    another question about Stoops, how many other teams message boards would trade their QB for him?
    sure Toledo would, FIU, San Jose State, but what top 20 teams? Wisconsin needs a coach they don't count.
    Auburn
    Florida
    Clemson
    Nebraska

Yes

yes. in a flash.

and I'd also be willing to swap Wort, Lynn and a few others for Manziel.

vCash

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Auburn
    Florida
    Clemson
    Nebraska
    Clemson would not trade! They beat the SEC team that beat the team that stomped us. By the way they are happy they have BV and we have Mike the clown! I live in SC and OU is as was put in another threat an always overrated laughing stock!

vCash

yes. to replace the stagnant complacency we have in Norman now. if Bob could somehow get that back I would prefer to see him, I don't think it's coming back though.
    The following users like this post: jadubya

vCash

Yes, but Sumlin wouldn't leave A&M for OU.

vCash

Let's see what Sumlin does without Sherman's O-line before deciding anything.

vCash

Re: If you could trade Stoops for Sumlin, right now, would yoU?

Originally Posted by PowerPower View Post
    I do see a sophomore slump in jizzjar's future.

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

trick question this is?

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I do see a sophomore slump in jizzjar's future.

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos
    I know we joke about sec speed and all but some of those teams are fielding freakish defensive players some pretty good D coordinators and they will be coming up with new ways to stop the little booger. It will be alot more difficult next year for him.

Not only for Sumlin, but would trade him for several others. Wouldn't it be fun if trading coaches was possible, muchlike tbe nfl and nba are constantly doing?

Originally Posted by Maranatha View Post
    Not only for Sumlin, but would trade him for several others. Wouldn't it be fun if trading coaches was possible, muchlike tbe nfl and nba are constantly doing?
    The question is would sumlin take the OU job? I think he would now, but in a few yrs maybe not

vCash

Bob Stoops will be head coach at OU as long as he wants to be.

By what right may we barter with human Souls?
    The following users like this post: p23570

vCash

Coaching is only part of the problem. Nick Saban could come to OU but still not make much of an improvement if his staff is conditioned to coach in a mediocre conference. The level of competition is the problem that inflates offensive stats at the behest of bad defenses, and thus enables those offenses to carry bad traits into bowl games.

vCash

Nope

vCash

Originally Posted by PowerPower View Post
    And without JM. My gawd, you can't judge Sumlin right now because he has a freak making his whole team look good and the other team look silly. Right now many of us would trade stoops for almost any other coach but Sumlin isn't proven yet IMO. Yes he had "the talk" with JM after the spring and that's great but I'm not ready to crown him the next greatest thing. look at what happened to Auburn after Cam left.
    The following users like this post: tennsooner

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    And without JM. My gawd, you can't judge Sumlin right now because he has a freak making his whole team look good and the other team look silly. Right now many of us would trade stoops for almost any other coach but Sumlin isn't proven yet IMO. Yes he had "the talk" with JM after the spring and that's great but I'm not ready to crown him the next greatest thing. look at what happened to Auburn after Cam left.
    Good point...and Florida started downward slope after tebow

Would have done it back when everyone called me crazy for thinking it was time for Stoops to go. It's tough to see trends when they're just getting started...

vCash

remember Big Game Bob, I miss that guy

vCash

Originally Posted by Mutater Huag View Post
    By what right may we barter with human Souls?
    I am Satan, I rule the earth, look out your window, chaos

vCash

anyone want Chip Kelly? 7 years ago, Chip was OC at University of New Hampshire, I bet no one would say, hmmm, I want him, but Belotti did

vCash

There are a lot of bright minds already head coaching and soon to be head coaches, I kinda had my fill of the Stoops reign

yes and my second choice would be strong from Louisville

It's too hard to tell right now just how good of a coach Sumlin is right now. I mean I know he's good, but is he great? Too soon to tell right now. Manziel would make Weis look like Lombardi right now.

Yes, I would...because Sumlin is on the rise and Stoops is on the decline...Sumlin's best days are ahead of him...Stoops's best days are behind him...

vCash

Sumlin is a big time coach in the SEC now. He won't leave until he gets a championship like Saban.

If he were to come here I'd embrace him as the OU head coach; however, he's at A&M so **** him

Need to see what Sumlin does at ATM after he doesn't have the best college QB in history. With that said, there are at least 5 coaches right now I rather have coaching Oklahoma than Bob Stoops. Bob Stoops has gotten lazy. There is no other explanation for what we have seen and I think they laziness shows up in the recruiting of Justin Manning as an example.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:05 PM.

vCash

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    Discuss
    YES ! ! !

vCash

Stoops pants will get hot on a 5-5 season and then the second if 5-5 his pants will burn, then on the third 5-5 season he will exit before being fired.

Fire Bob Stoops. Go get Charlie Strong. That is all.

vCash

I think being in the B12 is a bigger problem than Stoops.

vCash

Back here in the fact-based universe, I'm thinking that Bob Stoops has averaged winning a little more than ten games a season for the past fourteen years. His teams are 7-7 in bowl games, including wins in the national championship (Orange Bowl), Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, and Rose Bowl. There's never been a hint of scandal touching Bob or his coaching staff. He's won a lot, and done it with integrity.

Was the "Big Game Bob" title hung out there a little early? Probably. Is it fair to judge a coach's effectiveness by his first two years at a school (like some on this board are doing with Sumlin)? Not really.

I say games and seasons like this can happen to ANY coach in any era (Wilkinson's teams in 1960 and 1961 were a cumulative 8-13-1).

What strikes me as incredibly stupid and asinine are those of you who seem to think that somehow Stoops is now accepting "mediocrity". This is a guy who grew up eating, sleeping, and breathing winning football. All he's ever done in his life is compete 100%, all of the time. He's been successful at every level of football as a player, Graduate Assistant, Assistant Coach, Defensive Coordinator, and Head Coach. To suggest that he's willing to accept losing on the big stage now shows an absolutely breathtaking ignorance of what kind of human gets involved in college football coaching in the first place.

Is Sumlin a good/great coach? Likely so, but it's too soon to tell. Give him another four years, and see what the story is. If he can compete on the big stage after Johnny Freaking Football leaves the program, then you folks can start pining away. Until then, let's not get too carried away.

By the way, I just looked it up. Nick Satan (remember him? He's the world's greatest coach, right?) has a 7-6 bowl game record. If somehow ND beats 'Bama, Nick and Bob will have the exact same bowl game record. Fire Saban!

Switzer has stated publicly a number of times that when he had better athletes, his teams beat Jimmy Johnson's teams, and when Jimmy had better athletes (after his move to The U), Jimmy's teams beat OU. Fire Switzer!
    3 users like dog-knee's post: OrionJc, Sepecat, SoonerPT

You retards act like this is Sumlin's first head coaching job