Lance Armstong may confess to using peds

Posted 573 day(s) ago 929 Views 38 Replies

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/...nhancing-drugs

ha! what a piece of shit. **** couldn't win shit without help. I think they should come out with a new sport called "The Steroid Games" and let all these ****s be a part of it

Or he may not.

If he admits to it I'll hate him even more. He may think it will take a load off his chest but he's not the one that came out and admitted it. It's already been out for months (years really) that he's always been a cheater. He should just disappear and stop trying to get attention.

vCash

OSUSUCKSDICK, you seem like a ****.
    6 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: AFS00N3R, ArbySooner, McRib, Sooner209, the_Mont, ultimatesooner

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    thanks that's what I'm going for

vCash

Everyone was doping at the time and he still has never had a positive test. Yeah it sucks but he still achieved a lot more than most people.
    The following users like this post: Coach

vCash

And if he does....so what? He's already yesterday's fish wrap. Maybe he can be on TO's diving show.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    And of course you mean that in a Christian sort of way.
    Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; January 5th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerbldr View Post
    Everyone was doping at the time and he still has never had a positive test. Yeah it sucks but he still achieved a lot more than most people.
    This x1000. So am I disappointed that it happened? Yes. Do I look down on him for doing something everyone (this is not an exaggeration) else was doing? No. It was an equal playing field.

vCash

Originally Posted by OSUSUCKSDICK View Post
    **** couldn't win shit without help.
    i'm by no means a lance supporter, but this statement is laughable.
    The following users like this post: AFS00N3R

vCash

I used steroids in college to obtain a muscular physique to attract chicks. I feel like a dirty cheater and am retracting all that sex I got through unethical practices. I am truly ashamed.

vCash

Originally Posted by Sir Bevedere View Post
    I used steroids in college to obtain a muscular physique to attract chicks. I feel like a dirty cheater and am retracting all that sex I got through unethical practices. I am truly ashamed.
    Never understood shrinking the stick to try to get chicks.

vCash

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Never understood shrinking the stick to try to get chicks.
    You have to use massive amounts to screw your junk up. The average college kid is doing a couple of light cycles a year to add bulk and cut fat, they're not doing like the inflated bodybuilder.

vCash

**** Lance Armstrong. He really is a cancer in Austin. He's the cycling mack brown.

vCash

Well the soccer stadium here is named Livestrong and the charity does have a foothold here in the community. I don't want that to be hurt. He lost me when after his wife stood by his no ball ass during his cancer he dumped her for Hollywood stars.

Well, if he said he's thinking about "admitting" it, hasn't he already admitted it? I'm really sick and tired of hearing about it. I do think it's a little weird how people are so maniacal about going after his ass. If I was Lance, I'd go to my condo in Marfa and hang out for a couple of years and drop out. Go Randy Quaid. I don't think he has any real money woes.
    The following users like this post: azwe

vCash

Originally Posted by marfacowboy View Post
    Well, if he said he's thinking about "admitting" it, hasn't he already admitted it? I'm really sick and tired of hearing about it. I do think it's a little weird how people are so maniacal about going after his ass. If I was Lance, I'd go to my condo in Marfa and hang out for a couple of years and drop out. Go Randy Quaid. I don't think he has any real money woes.
    Isn't he having to give a bunch of money back? Would admitting this have any bearing on that? If he was going to come clean he should have done it maybe before everyone else took everything away from him. Sort of like Pete Rose groveling years later. No one gives a **** after you lied and bashed your accusers for years. Once you're caught and you still deny it everyone loves pissing on you.

Isn't he having to give a bunch of money back? Would admitting this have any bearing on that? If he was going to come clean he should have done it maybe before everyone else took everything away from him. Sort of like Pete Rose groveling years later. No one gives a **** after you lied and bashed your accusers for years. Once you're caught and you still deny it everyone loves pissing on you.
    I'm not really sure about his finances, but he's got to have enough to at least be solvent. Maybe not. He was pretty aggressive at going after his accusers, and I'm sure a lot of people that got busted resented the **** out of him.

He has an estimated net worth of $125 million, most of which has come from being the face of major brands including Nike and Anheuser-Busch.

vCash

He used PEDs but he didn't have an unfair advantage. Everyone in cycling was using. I think he's a shit for not coming forward earlier and for being so adamant in his denials, but it has been a dirty sport and for the governing bodies to try to make him the fall guy, is equally as shitty.
    2 users like Shooter's post: AFS00N3R, oucub23

vCash

Not really sure if he's the fall guy per say. Haven't they stripped the last six or so winners? He's the biggest name and face - sort of like Bonds.

vCash

Not really sure if he's the fall guy per say. Haven't they stripped the last six or so winners? He's the biggest name and face - sort of like Bonds.

Stripping the winners is what is bullshit. They are the ones who ****ed up, the governing bodies. For them to act all shocked and disgusted years later is what I'm talking about. They KNEW this shit was going on...then. Everyone in cycling knew it, that is why Lance started doping. It was essentially tacitly approved. You could not be competitive in cycling for years, unless you were doping. There is no way the governing bodies didn't know it was going on. It is only later, when they want to blame someone to take all of the heat, that they decided to pretend they are pure as the driven snow and these awful "cheaters" were doing such nefarious things as doping.
    The following users like this post: Sir Bevedere

vCash

What kind of person is attracted to participate in an industry in which success can only be attained by fraudulent behavior?

vCash

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    What kind of person is attracted to participate in an industry in which success can only be attained by fraudulent behavior?
    By your criteria, only a dishonest one.
    Your criteria doesn't really fit what happened, however. In both baseball and in cycling, and in other sports, as well, you are talking about people who have spent most of their lives pursuing goals in a specific endeavor. They find out, after they have attained a certain degree of success, that to advance, they have to play by an implied and tacit set of rules. I'm sure some people walked away. Others didn't. Regardless, it is bullshit to blame only the participants when the people who were charged with maintaining the playing field created an atmosphere, either through laziness or greed, that allowed the corruption of the sport.
    4 users like Shooter's post: brokebacksooner, oucub23, Sir Bevedere, Tug Medick

vCash

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    By your criteria, only a dishonest one.
    Your criteria doesn't really fit what happened, however. In both baseball and in cycling, and in other sports, as well, you are talking about people who have spent most of their lives pursuing goals in a specific endeavor. They find out, after they have attained a certain degree of success, that to advance, they have to play by an implied and tacit set of rules. I'm sure some people walked away. Others didn't. Regardless, it is bullshit to blame only the participants when the people who were charged with maintaining the playing field created an atmosphere, either through laziness or greed, that allowed the corruption of the sport.
    I completely agree. Well said. "We're all part of the same hypocrisy, Senator."

vCash

Stripping the winners is what is bullshit. They are the ones who ****ed up, the governing bodies. For them to act all shocked and disgusted years later is what I'm talking about. They KNEW this shit was going on...then. Everyone in cycling knew it, that is why Lance started doping. It was essentially tacitly approved. You could not be competitive in cycling for years, unless you were doping. There is no way the governing bodies didn't know it was going on. It is only later, when they want to blame someone to take all of the heat, that they decided to pretend they are pure as the driven snow and these awful "cheaters" were doing such nefarious things as doping.
    Of course they did. Just like baseball did with steroids and football with bounties. What are they going to do - ban everyone and make it so tough that you and I would have a chance? They are a bunch of ****ing sheep. LA is the only rider in the world that gets faster going up the Alps and it's no big deal. Our world as we know it is a joke when it comes to double standards.

vCash

Who the **** cares....He beat cancer and still did more athletic training than we have....won an event that Americans should not.

vCash

He used PEDs but he didn't have an unfair advantage. Everyone in cycling was using. I think he's a shit for not coming forward earlier and for being so adamant in his denials, but it has been a dirty sport and for the governing bodies to try to make him the fall guy, is equally as shitty.
    The reason the governing bodies went after Armstrorng is because he pissed them off. For some reason Armstrong does that to just about everybody he develops a relationship with. I've always thought it was the longhorn in him.

In reality though, it appears that Armstrong deeply hurt a lot of former friends and colleagues to the point that they started ratting him out. It took a while and I believe that is why the federations were so late in going after Armstrong. However, by then he was snubbing his nose at all those old french and italian ****s and we all know who wins in those deals.

In his early years as a rising triathlete/cyclist, Armstrong was known as an uber talented snot nosed little prick. He wasn't very well liked in the American cycling community. After the cancer deal he seemed like a changed man. But what's the old saying........you can't change the spots on a leapard?

It's stupid as **** to think just because other people are cheating I should cheat too. That's why sports are being tainted everyone wonders who is cheating and who isn't. They should be role models for kids that want to grow up and do what they do. The image they have left for kids especially Lance is that if you want to win in a sport you better cheat and get your teammates to cheat also.

vCash

It's stupid as **** to think just because other people are cheating I should cheat too. That's why sports are being tainted everyone wonders who is cheating and who isn't. They should be role models for kids that want to grow up and do what they do. The image they have left for kids especially Lance is that if you want to win in a sport you better cheat and get your teammates to cheat also.
    For me I don't accept the "everyone is doing it" excuse from people but I am not going to spew hate for LA when in fact everyone was doing it.

vCash

If he hadn't cheated then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Not for the reasons you think, but rather the fact that nobody would know who the **** Lance Armstrong was.

Quick, name another American cyclist who is currently racing. I bet you can't without looking it up. Well, whoever you look up is who Lance Armstrong would have been had he not cheated.

vCash

If it's your livelihood and have the ego to want to be the best you might think differently.

vCash

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    If it's your livelihood and have the ego to want to be the best you might think differently.
    I know I'm old but there used to be a time where cheating to be the best doesn't make you the best.

vCash

I know I'm old but there used to be a time where cheating to be the best doesn't make you the best.
    We now live in a culture where only the best are "idolized", coming in second has you forgotten faster than Kim Kardashian can lose her clothes... and you're ancient, but that's a whole other topic.

vCash

That "time" has never existed. When athletes could cheat, they would cheat.

Here is an article from 1960 that was published in SI that addresses drug cheats in that era.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...2027/index.htm

only pussies cheat the great ones do it with hard work

vCash

It would be nice if that were true. It's just not true in a lot of sports where PEDs make a huge difference in performance. Unfortunately cycling is one of those sports.

vCash

delusional and unrealistic. no one is excusing the use of PEDs, but rather looking at the situations realistically. Lance was/is a dick. that's what led to his downfall. And i agree with others; the governing bodies here were as corrupt as anyone using PEDs.

and PEDs have always existed in every sport. They just evolve over time. and cycling gets the worst rap b/c they're tested more than anyone else*.

*i have no idea if this is a true statement.

Originally Posted by SoonerinBoulder View Post
    delusional and unrealistic. no one is excusing the use of PEDs, but rather looking at the situations realistically. Lance was/is a dick. that's what led to his downfall. And i agree with others; the governing bodies here were as corrupt as anyone using PEDs.

and PEDs have always existed in every sport. They just evolve over time. and cycling gets the worst rap b/c they're tested more than anyone else*.

*i have no idea if this is a true statement.
    I'm not talking about only in **** cycling I'm talking all sports. If you think every single great player cheats then you're a ****ing idiot.

vCash

I'm not talking about only in **** cycling I'm talking all sports. If you think every single great player cheats then you're a ****ing idiot.
    you say it with such certainty, i'm almost impressed.