Our Defense always gives up 40 points, the Offense let OU down

Posted 469 day(s) ago 855 Views 28 Replies
    vCash

Offense Our Defense always gives up 40 points, the Offense let OU down

What did you think Johnny Football would do? less points than OSU's 3rd string QB?
    The OU offense is what sucked, 13 points?
    The following users like this post: oucub23

vCash

What the Meerkat doesn't work?

vCash

best thread of the year

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    What did you think Johnny Football would do? less points than OSU's 3rd string QB?
    Not sure if you are trying to defend something you've stated previously, woke up retarded this morning, or are being facetious, but be assured our defense is/has been ****ING ATROCIOUS all season long.

Both sides of the ball sucked. Has it really gotten to the point where OU has to score 40-50 pts to beat WVU, OSU and A&M

vCash

I was being semi-facetious and semi-serious last night when I told my dad the same thing. I was expecting A&M to score at least 35. I wasn't expecting to be shut out for an entire half.
    The following users like this post: Meni

vCash

Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    Not sure if you are trying to defend something you've stated previously, woke up retarded this morning, or are being facetious, but be assured our defense is/has been ****ING ATROCIOUS all season long.
    YES the DEFENSE STINKS, all YeAR, but the OFFENSE WOULD OUTSCORE THE OTHER TEAM
    and last night they sucked

vCash

Originally Posted by PowerPower View Post
    I was being semi-facetious and semi-serious last night when I told my dad the same thing. I was expecting A&M to score at least 35. I wasn't expecting to be shut out for an entire half.
    thank you, we let Clint? Chelf? is that his f'n name? score on us, Geno Smith in the middle of a 6 game losing streak put up numbers
    so going into the game you knew A&M and Johnny would toast the defense, but why didn't the offense score?

Re: Our Defense always gives up 40 points, the Offense let OU down

The OU offense didn't suck, it just can't handle the SEC. What do Jason White, Landry Jones and Sam Bradford have in common? They are OU's best QBs in the last ten years, they went a combined 0-3 against the SEC in bowl games, and they all scored 14 or less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

vCash

Originally Posted by m40 View Post
    Both sides of the ball sucked. Has it really gotten to the point where OU has to score 40-50 pts to beat WVU, OSU and A&M
    This year, yes. and we knew that going into the game, the surprise is the offense taking a sh*t, I didn't expect 13 points

vCash

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    The OU offense didn't suck, it just can't handle the SEC. What do Jason White, Landry Jones and Sam Bradford have in common? They are OU's best QBs in the last ten years, they went a combined 0-3 against the SEC in bowl games, and they all scored 14 or less.

Aggies won....it's done.....feel free to troll elsewhere asshat.

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

vCash

Good point, but forget its SEC, just call them Great Teams, I recall USC **** slapping us, wow we scored 19, WITH AD and Jason

vCash

When's the spring game?

vCash

How many games did we have to win 50-49 and shit like that?

vCash

Yep, I don't understand all the people pissed that a freshman phenom who has torched everyone all year long, runs wild on us. Did you really think we would contain him? Actually I thought we did pretty good based on what I've seen from our other games. ****ing clueless about the offense though. I guess Stoops and Josh felt the same way we all did at the half. "We got em right where we want em, we'll wear em down, no need to make any adjustments and I'm sure Sumlin won't either"
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Defense wins championships, always has, always will. If you want to look at it like that, "offense needed to score bc defense sucks", I guess that's one way of viewing it, but obviously the glaring problem is still the defense- they're the one that puts the offense in that hole, that need to score every position nightmare, and that's not sustainable, especially in big games against quality opponents. Stoops needs to refocus this team on defense. You always hear, "OU is getting or after the number 1 wr, or qb", but you don't hear as much lately about OU getting the number 1 DT, DE or LB'er, not that I think it's all about the "number 1 recruit", but focusing on high-quality defense players needs to be a priority. And dump the "recruit a Big 12 defense", ie., undersized speedy guys who can defend the pass. You wanna know what stops any offense? Getting the studs. Bama, LSU, ND, they all do it, and I dont see them with 200 lb linebackers. And depth! For god's sake add some depth to the defense! And I don't want to hear anything about injuries we've had, or players transferring, or not our philosophy, I don't care, that's what wins, let's go out and do it.

And I'm not necessarily talking about last night's game, hard to stop Johnny Football. Just an in-general team refocusing.

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    Yep, I don't understand all the people pissed that a freshman phenom who has torched everyone all year long, runs wild on us. Did you really think we would contain him? Actually I thought we did pretty good based on what I've seen from our other games. ****ing clueless about the offense though. I guess Stoops and Josh felt the same way we all did at the half. "We got em right where we want em, we'll wear em down, no need to make any adjustments and I'm sure Sumlin won't either"
    Yes they did. "OU is built to stop the spread." Was the common theme around here.

Funny, I thought OU played aTm last night, not a conference.

vCash

Under Stoops, the Sooners have been shutout in a half 10 times (out of 186 games; 5.4%) including the 2nd half last night in the Cotton Bowl:

2000 2nd @ Oklahoma State W 12-7
    2001 2nd North Carolina W 41-27
    2001 2nd @ Nebraska L 20-10
    2003 2nd vs Kansas State L 35-7 (Big 12)
    2005 1st TCU L 10-17
    2006 2nd vs Texas L 28-10
    2007 1st @ Iowa State W 17-7
    2009 2nd @ Nebraska L 10-3
    2010 1st @ Texas A&M L 33-19
    2012 2nd vs Texas A&M L 41-13 (Cotton)
    Thanks to http://soonerstats.com/

vCash

I was hoping that our long drives in the first half would continue in the second. If our defense can't stop Johnny Goofball then our offense should at least keep him on the sidelines. Our defense already sucks but they're not getting any help by getting three play rests at a time.

James Guest
    vCash
    This year, yes. and we knew that going into the game, the surprise is the offense taking a sh*t, I didn't expect 13 points
    The problem is that stoops was too a big **** to get in a shoot out with the aggies so the offense slowed down. Two 18 play drives and one 16 play drive. Hard to score a lot of points when we play ball control and herp derp in the red zone
    2 users like James's post: KCRuf/Nek, Turk

James Guest
    vCash
    Originally Posted by PowerPower View Post
    I was hoping that our long drives in the first half would continue in the second. If our defense can't stop Johnny Goofball then our offense should at least keep him on the sidelines. Our defense already sucks but they're not getting any help by getting three play rests at a time.
    We should have adjusted and came out no huddle in the 2nd half and change the pace up. The aggies adjusted for the 2nd half and we couldn't convert 3rd downs

vCash

Originally Posted by James View Post
    The problem is that stoops was too a big **** to get in a shoot out with the aggies so the offense slowed down. Two 18 play drives and one 16 play drive. Hard to score a lot of points when we play ball control and herp derp in the red zone
    lol

vCash

Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yup. Stoops has a bad habit of playing not to lose. Tried to grind one out even when it became obvious it wasn't going to happen. But hey, there's a silver lining. The flare pass and delayed hand off live on!!!

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

I honestly don't get it. The first half could not have gone better. A&M was tired at the end of the half, and JF wasn't on the field much. Had that continued into the third, we would have rolled them up in the 4th. As it was, we fell apart in the 3rd and the plan backfired.

than OSU's 3rd string QB??
    If he's OSU's 3rd string, why do they keep playing him over the 1st and 2nd?

vCash

Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    If he's OSU's 3rd string, why do they keep playing him over the 1st and 2nd?
    He ended up playing better, are you really comparing manziel with chelf? who lit up ou too?

vCash

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I honestly don't get it. The first half could not have gone better. A&M was tired at the end of the half, and JF wasn't on the field much. Had that continued into the third, we would have rolled them up in the 4th. As it was, we fell apart in the 3rd and the plan backfired.
    Well in the first half we got on the goal line twice and couldn't score including one drive ramming it down their throats and then needing one yard deciding that wouldn't work but our overused gadget play would. JF, while not on the field much, was running through us like OJ Simpson and passing like Joe Namath. I've seen plenty of OU Football fails to tell you the only way we were winning was if the Jerrahboard fell on their side of the field.