Joe Schad says they are gone....

Posted 690 day(s) ago 2282 Views 32 Replies

Report: OU's Jefferson, Stills To Enter NFL Draft

Posted: Jan 06, 2013 12:41 PM CST
    Updated: Jan 06, 2013 12:41 PM CST
    By News9.com - email

OKLAHOMA CITY - ESPN's Joe Schad reported Sunday morning that Oklahoma safety Tony Jefferson and receiver Kenny Stills will forgo their final season of eligibility at OU and enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
    Coming off a disappointing 41-13 loss against Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl, this potentially comes as more bad news for Sooner fans.

Stills led the Sooners in receiving this past season with 82 receptions for 959 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Jefferson led the team with 119 tackles (85 solo) and also had 3.5 tackles for loss and two interceptions.

Jefferson earned first team All-Big 12 honors this season, while Stills landed on the second team. Both California natives are regarded as second-to-third round draft prospects.

There has yet to be a formal announcement from either player, but Jefferson said on Twitter on Saturday that he had yet to make up his mind.

Via Twitter: "Smh guys I promise I will let you guys know when I decide. But as of now. I'm nowhere near deciding .."

Is this because of some inside information he has or because they didn't show up on Friday night?
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Sabla, SoonerRO

Would like to see a backer lead team in tackles, not the safety. Usually not a good sign for the defense.
    3 users like Backintheday's post: BULLDOGSOONER, SoonerRO, soonerUthenMe

Thanks to both of them for some great memories. That being said...... fuuuuuck!

Meh.

Now they can dress in drag and wear Batman underwear in public in an NFL city.

kenny stills leaving reminds me of Malcolm Kelly leaving early and now he works in the oil field. When asked he said he so wishes he would have listened to everyone that told him to stay at OU. Everyone advised him he was too small and not ready. He played a few plays with Redskins and got injured and never played again I see the same for Kenney Stills.
    2 users like Soonerinsec's post: BULLDOGSOONER, StiffArmTrophy

I don't see Kenny working in oil fields. Too soft.
    2 users like ibleedcrimson's post: 87sooner, Jestermonkey

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by ibleedcrimson View Post
    Hopefully he has the right shoes for that kind of work...

Just so long as Colvin stays this isn't a huge loss, they both are good players but if Colvin goes our secondary is crushed

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    Just so long as Colvin stays this isn't a huge loss, they both are good players but if Colvin goes our secondary is crushed
    It has been crushed all season.

I am going to miss all the dropped TD passes and broken ankle missed tackles. Good luck fellas...
    2 users like KEPort20's post: 87sooner, BillyOcean

Originally Posted by Backintheday View Post
    Would like to see a backer lead team in tackles, not the safety. Usually not a good sign for the defense.
    So true

What did I miss. I thought we actually liked the Cali Connection guys. The ones who help with recruiting right??? Oh, I forgot, we hate everyone now...... carry on.

So...much....butthurt ITT. These guys produced big and now you want to throw them under the bus for leaving early? I'll miss their production and presence on the field.
    7 users like huntinsooner's post: DHF, Jimmon, jmizzy4ou, LetsgoSooners82, OU812, Slappyslapopolus, sovasooner

Hate to see them go if it's true. Best of Luck to 2 Great Sooners!!
    6 users like cheetah's post: DHF, Jimmon, jmizzy4ou, Sabla, Sieve, Sooner209

Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    What did I miss. I thought we actually liked the Cali Connection guys. The ones who help with recruiting right??? Oh, I forgot, we hate everyone now...... carry on.
    Agreed. We would be MUCH better off with them back. I don't get the mashing either. People seem upset at TJ for missing tackles against Austin and Manziel. First off his ankle has been an issue for weeks. He has the same high ankle sprain that AD had. AD could hardly run in a straight line much less making cuts. If you want to blame someone the put it on Mike and Bob for playing a scheme that was doomed from the get go.
    As for Stills...all he did was make plays and great blocks.

We're gonna miss them both. Even if Colvin does come back the secondary is going to be hurting. TJ would help a shitload.
    5 users like Boomer6671's post: Jimmon, jmizzy4ou, kbsooner, land burglar73507, OU812

Meh. Time to move forward with or without them. In stark contrast to other "key" players that have declared early, I truly don't care that these two aren't coming back.
    2 users like Ibi unus Oklahomae's post: 87sooner, BillyOcean

Originally Posted by ibleedcrimson View Post
    Isn't daddy rich? He will end up a car salesman. It amazes the Nebraska of ex football players I see working in dealerships after their careers over.

I understand why Stills would go because his prospect of improving his draft status with Bell or a redshirt QB would be very slim.

Thanks to both of them for choosing to be Sooners and providing some great memories.

Good Luck in The League, boys!
    3 users like tcrb's post: Jimmon, jmizzy4ou, tennsooner

This report doesn't seem to say shit except Tony Jefferson hasn't decided.

I've wanted to mention that but was sure the drinkers would rise up in defense.

Considering we play 1 or 2 at a time that is unlikely to occur.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I've wanted to mention that but was sure the drinkers would rise up in defense.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the statement, and I doubt anyone with football 101 credibility would have a problem with it. Of course if your safeties are making most of the tackles it spells trouble for your defense. That is nothing like saying the things people are saying about the guys leaving.....

If only we had backers that could play the position well and finish tackles instead of over running the play and not wrapping up.

Originally Posted by Soonerinsec View Post
    kenny stills leaving reminds me of Malcolm Kelly leaving early and now he works in the oil field. When asked he said he so wishes he would have listened to everyone that told him to stay at OU. Everyone advised him he was too small and not ready. He played a few plays with Redskins and got injured and never played again I see the same for Kenney Stills.
    I think he owns an oil field equipment company.

Smart move. Why have your stock drop?

As much as I would like for both of them to stay, I do not blame them for not coming back for another shitty season!

One NFL scout told The Oklahoman before the Cotton Bowl that neither Jefferson nor Stills was ready for the NFL, and that both were likely to be fourth- or fifth-round selections.
    http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-...rticle/3743775

Re: Joe Schad says they are gone....

Both are great players. No need to bash them but they definitely arent NFL ready

Re: Joe Schad says they are gone....

That being said I dont blame them for not wanting to return to such a poorly coached team
    The following users like this post: SoonerRO

If they think they're ready after Fridays performance, more power to them. Hope they succeed and continue being good ambassadors for OU.

Exactly what I thought when I read that, more of an indictment of our LB corp than a positive for TJ. Very telling stat.