Deficits ?

Posted 686 day(s) ago 561 Views 17 Replies

Deficits ?

want some REAL numbers?:

Some government accounting figures about US federal government annual budget finances.

1981 deficit (Carter’s last budget, inherited by Reagan): $79 billion
    1984 deficit , last year of Reagan’s first term: $185.4 billion

2009 deficit (Bush’s last budget, inherited by Obama): $1.413 trillion
    2012 estimated deficit: $1.327 trillion

Reagan first term, comparing first year to last: deficit increased about $106 billion
    Obama first term, comparing first year to last: deficit decreased about $86 billion
    The following users like this post: Yatahaze

...but but but they call themselves fiscal conservatives so it has to be true!
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    Who does?

Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    Who does?
    Now you're trolling attempt is just to play dumb? You know as good as everyone else the republitards thump their chests and scream from the mountains that they are fiscal conservatives yet their track record is the exact opposite of that.

Fiscal Conservatism was rhetorically promoted during the presidency of Ronald Reagan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_...ism#Reagan_era

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-barack-obama/

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    want some REAL numbers?:

Some government accounting figures about US federal government annual budget finances.

1981 deficit (Carter’s last budget, inherited by Reagan): $79 billion
    1984 deficit , last year of Reagan’s first term: $185.4 billion

2009 deficit (Bush’s last budget, inherited by Obama): $1.413 trillion
    2012 estimated deficit: $1.327 trillion

Reagan first term, comparing first year to last: deficit increased about $106 billion
    Obama first term, comparing first year to last: deficit decreased about $86 billion
    Great analysis bro......well not really.

You forgot to mention that Obama and the Pub Congress have passed/signed appropriations bills that have (along with mandatory spending) resulted in +trillion deficits for over four straight years. Making Bush and Hastart/Pelosi seem like the JV team.

By the way....did you know that a budget does not actually give budget authority to the agencies? Only a resolution that contains a appropriation bill actually provides budget authority.

Anyway....thought I'd give you a civics lesson since you apparently forgot we have a bi-carmel legislature that must pass bills and the President must sign them to become law.

Originally Posted by Sooner5030 View Post

You forgot to mention that Obama and the Pub Congress have passed/signed appropriations bills that have (along with mandatory spending) resulted in +trillion deficits for over four straight years. Making Bush and Hastart/Pelosi seem like the JV team.

By the way....did you know that a budget does not actually give budget authority to the agencies? Only a resolution that contains a appropriation bill actually provides budget authority.

Anyway....thought I'd give you a civics lesson since you apparently forgot we have a bi-carmel legislature that must pass bills and the President must sign them to become law.
    Wasn't really going for analysis, just answering the question.

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    The sky is blue
    Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    Link?
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

Now you're trolling attempt is just to play dumb?
    No I was asking who you were referring to, since the only people mentioned in the original thread were Carter, Reagan, Bush, and Obama. I wasn't sure which one of them you were referring to. And if not one of them, it would be impossible to know who were randomly referring to. It was a simple question. And what do you mean by "now" as if there were/are some series of events you are in umbrage over?

You know as good as everyone else the republitards thump their chests and scream from the mountains that they are fiscal conservatives yet their track record is the exact opposite of that.
    Well, again, you're going to have to be more specific. Unless, you are somehow suggesting, that a random fiscal conservative teacher from Maine or something can't espouse fiscal conservatism, merely by the fact they have voted for Reagan or Bush (using your examples). Obviously you wouldn't be suggesting one could have a viewpoint and wish that is counter to historical political party actions. Right? So therefore, who are you referring to? Mitch McConnell? Paul Ryan? Those would be two good examples for you to use, as they have a LEGISLATIVE track record which goes against their current rhetoric, and indeed, chest thumping. Let's assume for a moment you are indeed referring to McConnell, then I would completely agree with you. I don't recall his deep concern for the deficit until he became the minority leader. This is common theme for today's heroic Congress.

A look back at your statement:

This statement gives no indication of who you are possibly referring to as "they". Current Congressional leadership? A TV anchor? Certain Political analysts? Posters on this board? Who?

It was a simple question. It would have helped provide a possible discussion point and specifically who has come into the web of your ire.

And then there are these numbers...Deficit as a percent of GDP:

1984: 2.78% (coming off a 5.54% increase in GDP)

2012: 9.74% (coming off a 1.34% increase in GDP)

Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    And then there are these numbers...Deficit as a percent of GDP:

1984: 2.78% (coming off a 5.54% increase in GDP)

2012: 9.74% (coming off a 1.34% increase in GDP)
    I don't know how the GDP numbers recover with a pitiful manufacturing core. The Internet was great, but has eliminated tons of infrastructure required for commerce.

People would pay an extra buck to have a robot shit cheeseburgers on their doorstep if they didn't have to go to McDonalds for one.

Every one of our seemingly bitter old relatives were right when they said a person was a piece of shit for buying imported cars, etc. I can't think of a single item in my house right now(save, possibly, certain foodstuffs) that has not diverted at least some funds to a foreign country. We are in trouble.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I don't know how the GDP numbers recover with a pitiful manufacturing core. The Internet was great, but has eliminated tons of infrastructure required for commerce.

People would pay an extra buck to have a robot shit cheeseburgers on their doorstep if they didn't have to go to McDonalds for one.

Every one of our seemingly bitter old relatives were right when they said a person was a piece of shit for buying imported cars, etc. I can't think of a single item in my house right now(save, possibly, certain foodstuffs) that has not diverted at least some funds to a foreign country. We are in trouble.
    Every time your furnace lights you can be thankful for your clean burning natural gas....manufactured right here in good ole Oklahoma.
    4 users like okie52's post: boomermagic, jdmt37, OnlyOneOklahoma, OUMallen

Last edited by okie52; January 7th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Deficits ?

Where can I buy one of your cheeseburger shitting robots?

Oh, and I believe the Ford F150 is the only vehicle that is still completely manufactured in the US.

Deficits ?

Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post

Oh, and I believe the Ford F150 is the only vehicle that is still completely manufactured in the US.
    Isn't the x3 too?

If by diverted funds to another country you mean expended other countries' limited resources for cheaper than we could ever expend our own then I totally get what you mean.

Also, I don't think infrastructure for manufacturing has been eliminated left and right...it's just not being used because, well, we don't need or want to make use of it right now. See: Detroit, Michigan.

Originally Posted by Sooner5030 View Post

Thanks for the civics lesson but you need to go back to spellin class. What the hell is Bi-carmel anyway. Lesbian Candy? mmmmmmm.....

Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post

Thank goodness none are. You'd be surprised how much of the parts that go into your car are made in Mexico and Brazil, just to name a few.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...merican-made/1
    The following users like this post: Tundra

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    Thank goodness none are. You'd be surprised how much of the parts that go into your car are made in Mexico and Brazil, just to name a few.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...merican-made/1
    Exactly.

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Thanks for the civics lesson but you need to go back to spellin class. What the hell is Bi-carmel anyway. Lesbian Candy? mmmmmmm.....
    If you knew the correct spelling then you understood my point.

jackass