Recruiting LBs

Posted 657 day(s) ago 5181 Views 39 Replies

Recruiting LBs

Evidently OU had no backup or any plan in so far as LB recruiting. Went through the rivals list til I was down to the LB players rated as 82(same as our lowest commit) and found around #900 a player who was looked at by OU and had not committed. That was Akeem Harrison from Kileen. There are about 25 Linebackers over 6' who are available and done have any indication that OU has any interest in any of them.
    DeVonte Campbell and Antonio Longio from Hutchinson J.C., Rominque Mobley of York S.C., Keishawn Biernia of Harbor City, CA, Dominque Jones from Dallas etc, etc.
    Whomever is out looking for LBs. If you don't come back with something good, just keep on going down the road, OU will sell your house, even if your name is Stoops.

Our LB recruiting is the absolute worst on the team. I was wondering these same questions.....

Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    Our LB recruiting is the absolute worst on the team. I was wondering these same questions.....
    OT and DT wasnt much better until a several weeks ago

I'm not sure what you guys are worried about. OU has Wort and Nelson for another year. The Stoops brothers will also find another safety or two to convert to linebacker. Who needs LB recruits

This isnt just Kish's fault. Brent V left us with these LB's.
    2 users like oudidntknow84's post: oucub23, Tundra

can't we try to steal that Brian Nance from Baylor (same prep school i think trey went too). Wasn't he high on us a couple years ago?
    The following users like this post: OU812

Add:
    Don Mills Albany GA
    Keree Renchie Missouri City, TX
    James Clark Sebastian, FL
    Mitchell Hoskins Hinds JC
    Sam Lebbie, DeMatha, MD
    D.J. Jordan East Miss JC
    Duke Riley New Orleans
    Keith Kelsey FL
    Nigel Harris, Tampa, FL
    Marceice Jackson, Ft. Scott JC
    Dillian Lawson, Crestview, FL
    Fred Meliforuu, San Diego, CA
    Marcel Ngachie, Olney, MD

[QUOTE=61sooner;1025671]Evidently OU had no backup or any plan in so far as LB recruiting. QUOTE]

61sooner, I think that statement is naive with respect to how the recruiting process works.

What are a team's, any team's options when a player switches late in the season?

You see if there are any other good players uncommitted at that position or you try to flip another team's verbal commitment.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

aTm stole one from us, why can't we steal one from a team that is falling down?

Can we?

It is time to turn it on and pull some one in! With QB's like Johnny ****ing Football maybe the DB converts are not such a bad idea as far as speed.

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    aTm stole one from us, why can't we steal one from a team that is falling down?

Can we?

It is time to turn it on and pull some one in! With QB's like Johnny ****ing Football maybe the DB converts are not such a bad idea as far as speed.
    Of course, we should do that, and I'm sure we will. We can also try to flip A&M's commits at LBer. We can and I'm sure we will continue to work on Mastro.

Seems like the perfect time for Levenberry to switch from FSU, if only Mike could sway him.
    The following users like this post: OU812

Originally Posted by 2SBTM View Post
    Seems like the perfect time for Levenberry to switch from FSU, if only Mike could sway him.
    Great idea, I'm sure coaches are doing just that.

The coaches won't throw up their hands and scream that the sky is falling like so many fans do.

Why not get some Oklahoma kids with good size for Linebacker? Just saying a 6'3" 220 lbs oklahoma kid is better than no kid at all.

Re: Recruiting LBs

Is the Rolan kid at McAlester worth a late scholly offer??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    Is the Rolan kid at McAlester worth a late scholly offer??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    From what I've read he is worth a Tulsa offer but not OU.

Whatever the **** that means.

At this point, beggars can't be chosers. I would say take two of those players, at least one from in state, and hope one of them develops into a solid to good player. I don't see a Rocky Calmus or Teddy Lehman in that group, but you never know.

Again. OU has 1 LB commit. This position has been weak to sometimes pitiful. Where is some new blood? Who is OU close to signing to fill the gaps?Is OU going to play that 5 or 6 man DB defense with almost a whole new set of DBs and let the other teams offense just run wild against on running plays? Hear a lot of potential here and there but OU needs some mean MotherF___er to come in and smash some people at that LB spot. Don't think he's on the roster right now unless the coaches are hiding him someplace.

The mean MotherF___er you want can not cover the speed receivers that Baylor, WV, TT and OSU throw the ball to. I would love to play that smashmouth football was Sooner Football, but in the Big 12 now those LBs cannot work. Must be able to cover 4.5 speed. The problem is playing a smashmouth team like ND this year or a good SEC team with a good O-line. Do not know the answer, that is why we pay Bob and Mike the big bucks.

K-State and I-State LBs were not skinny LB/DB types. The K-State team stopped us and I-State had an All Big 12 crew out there even though there record wasn't so great. Maybe if a 6'3, 245lb LB ran over those slinging QBs and dumped them on their butts or smashed the running type when they came upfield the entire D would be better.

Nelson getting totally smoked by that Connecticut rb in the fiesta I have no hope for him as a force at LB. He's not big, strong, fast, has never impressed me.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Again. OU has 1 LB commit. This position has been weak to sometimes pitiful. Where is some new blood? Who is OU close to signing to fill the gaps?Is OU going to play that 5 or 6 man DB defense with almost a whole new set of DBs and let the other teams offense just run wild against on running plays? Hear a lot of potential here and there but OU needs some mean MotherF___er to come in and smash some people at that LB spot. Don't think he's on the roster right now unless the coaches are hiding him someplace.
    Alexander might become a LB. Also, Thomas and Byrd are big enough to play close to the line of scrimmage. They might move Favors back to LB as well. I think Stoops will play with 2 LBs quite frequently and 3 less frequently. Thus, OU may be fine at LB.

The roster at Soonersports.com currently shows the following at LBs (those who might play):

Lindley
    Nelson
    Franklin
    Shannon
    Striker

Add in the following and you have 7-8 LBs:

Evans
    Alexander (maybe)
    Favors

OU has the worst set of LB in the big 12 and they are doing nothing about it.

The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post

Aggie troll alert, again.

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    I'll take Devin Rolan just on the basis of his profile pic.

Haha, dude looks like he has been through some battles... Surely we can pull him away from Tulsa

Recruiting LBs

USC LB coach left... Any we could poach from them? Here ya go Kish, your time to shine

atalk
    2 users like 2SBTM's post: LVSOONER15, VRO405

Earn your stripes Kish. Need at least one big one.

What about Prevot (sp?) kid out of Houston area. Isn't he a USC LB prospect?

inform all of us why you are here on this board? and be honest, your schtick gets old really quick

we get it...you hate OU and everything sucks, the sky is falling down, and the Aggies just had a really good season in the SEC

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    inform all of us why you are here on this board? and be honest, your schtick gets old really quick

we get it...you hate OU and everything sucks, the sky is falling down, and the Aggies just had a really good season in the SEC
    So numb nuts you honestly think the LB's are in good shape for next season? Please explain you are the only dumb ass that thinks this!

So numb nuts you honestly think the LB's are in good shape for next season? Please explain you are the only dumb ass that thinks this!
    Sod off, Aggie Troll.

Recruiting LBs

Mike is another one.

We got a difference of opinion on OUs LBs. How about somebody fairly grade all our LBs by name as As,Bs,Cs, hopefully no Ds or Fs.

answer the question and quick deflecting, also don't attempt to project words that I never said upon me...answer the question you Aggie

Ms. #1 Tits,
    I thought I told you to post a picture of yourself with our top off! Waiting...

If you aren't shy, then you could post a picture of yourself with nothing on below the waist. Then, we'd really get an idea of who you are.

I leave it to you to choose.

Is Dominique Alexander a LB commit? See him listed as either a DB or WR.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Is Dominique Alexander a LB commit? See him listed as either a DB or WR.
    Yes, he is projected as an OLB.

I thought we were going to the Dime D. Makes this shit obsolete.........right???