Royce White:

Posted 616 day(s) ago 1084 Views 17 Replies

Royce White:

Huge ****, or hugest ****?

Hugest
    The following users like this post: TittiezBeerNSoonerFB

I think his intentions are fantastic. Bringing light to a mental illness, awesome. However, he's going about it all wrong. You can only insult your employer to their face for so long before you get fired. He is now suspended for breach of contract. He is refusing to play. He hasn't had an outbreak since he was 18.

Point to the matter, he says the Houston rockets doctors are not capable of creating a sensible work environment that is safe for everyone. However, how are their doctors, trainers any better than what Iowa State had? It's complete bullshit.

White is seeking a special mental health protocol from the league that would give doctors authority in handling his anxiety disorder. However, such an agreement is banned under the current collective bargaining agreement.

According to the uniform player contract detailed in the CBA, "no amendments to the form of the Uniform Player Contract provided for by Section 1 of this Article shall be permitted," and if a team or player agree on such an amendment, "such Contract or subsequent amendment, as the case may be, shall be disapproved by the Commissioner, and consequently, rendered null and void."
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/7...ealth-document

The NBA is a privilege. He is acting like it is a right. If he doesn't stop soon, he's going to end up unemployed with no seekers. A lot of writers thought when they signed James Anderson, they were going to release Royce White.

Originally Posted by OKCChuck View Post
    I think his intentions are fantastic. Bringing light to a mental illness, awesome. However, he's going about it all wrong. You can only insult your employer to their face for so long before you get fired. He is now suspended for breach of contract. He is refusing to play. He hasn't had an outbreak since he was 18.

Point to the matter, he says the Houston rockets doctors are not capable of creating a sensible work environment that is safe for everyone. However, how are their doctors, trainers any better than what Iowa State had? It's complete bullshit.

White is seeking a special mental health protocol from the league that would give doctors authority in handling his anxiety disorder. However, such an agreement is banned under the current collective bargaining agreement.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/7...ealth-document

The NBA is a privilege. He is acting like it is a right. If he doesn't stop soon, he's going to end up unemployed with no seekers. A lot of writers thought when they signed James Anderson, they were going to release Royce White.
    i dont understand what this exactly means.... what does White want that the Rockets cant/wont provide?

Just sounds like he wants to be coddled to me, and have everything done his way at all times.
    I realize he has a diagnosed issue, but you still need to sack up.
    I truly hope that no other team in the NBA takes a chance on him once the Rockets cut ties.

Re: Royce White:

Huge ****.

How did he make it through college? Surely they didn't take a bus everywhere.

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    i dont understand what this exactly means.... what does White want that the Rockets cant/wont provide?
    From his inane Twitter ramblings, he literally just seems to say the word "Protocol" over and over as if it means something.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Huge ****.

I think his grandfather drove him to a lot of games.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Huge ****.

My question is WTF were the Rockets doing? Apparently they either did less than zero homework or are the biggest dumbasses alive.

Put em on Memphis and let Zach Randolph feed him some of his drugs and just stuff him on the plane. Xanax was made for these kind of situations.
    The following users like this post: Fanofou

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    My question is WTF were the Rockets doing? Apparently they either did less than zero homework or are the biggest dumbasses alive.
    Exactly. They had to have known.

Head case. He needs to be cut.

The entire NBA knew his issues pre-draft. He was a huge risk reward pick from the beginning.

Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    The entire NBA knew his issues pre-draft. He was a huge risk reward pick from the beginning.
    Then why on earth would a team take him - first round or otherwise?

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Supposedly doctors have said a certain protocol has been advised to the Rockets on how to handle his "mental illness." Rockets have not and probably will not implement it. Which I think is just a stupid excuse for him to just to get paid and not work. Dude hasn't had a ****ing outbreak since he was 18. What a piece of **** shit.

Hugest head case ****

Didn't really know much about this story but I'm watching it on OTL right now. What a huge gaping ****. Get on the plane.

I saw that as well. His illness is understandable but he comes off as a me guy.