Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

Posted 691 day(s) ago 3036 Views 76 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 77
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1

    Tulsa World Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Four women were found shot to death Monday at an apartment near 61st Street and Peoria Avenue.

    The four females who all appear to be adults were found dead with gunshot wounds at Fairmont Terrace, police said.

    A 4-year-old was found uninjured in the apartment and taken into protective custody, police said.

    Police and EMSA were called to the scene at 12:36 p.m. after an individual came to the apartment and found the bodies.

    Police believe someone was in contact with at least one of the victims in the last hour.

    Homicide and child crisis detectives are on the scene.

    "It's not everyday you see something like this in the city of Tulsa," Tulsa Police Officer Leland Ashley said. "It's very tough right now.

    "You can imagine what the child (found with the victims) is going through at this time.

    Police have no leads in the case.

    "We're asking anyone with any information to please come forward," Ashley said.

    Anyone with information on this shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS or visit tulsaworld.com/crimestoppers.

    http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialpro...0_Fuoeee765756

  2. #2
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,634
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Unless you are buying/selling drugs or murdering someone/being murdered, there is absolutely no reason to be near the apartment complexes near 61st and Peoria. More dangerous than all of North Tulsa combined.
    2 users like DIB's post: Sieve, SiggyPoke


  3. #3
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,505
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Has Craig James been seen in the area?
    4 users like Mississippi Sooner's post: Big Red One, silverwheels, sooner59, Yasiel Puig


  4. #4
    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Unless you are buying/selling drugs or murdering someone/being murdered, there is absolutely no reason to be near the apartment complexes near 61st and Peoria. More dangerous than all of North Tulsa combined.
    But if I AM buying/selling drugs and murdering, do you recommend?
    2 users like Sir Bevedere's post: Morningwood, Peach Fuzz


  5. #5
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,634
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by Sir Bevedere View Post
    But if I AM buying/selling drugs and murdering, do you recommend?
    It's no Baltimore projects, but it's close.
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob


  6. #6
    That place and 81st and Lewis behind Wal Mart. Heck....INCLUDE Wal Mart. We were in the WM parking lot about 5 years ago and got to watch a Drug Bust with 3 Cop Cars. Never went back.

  7. #7
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    23,846
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Unless you are buying/selling drugs or murdering someone/being murdered, there is absolutely no reason to be near the apartment complexes near 61st and Peoria. More dangerous than all of North Tulsa combined.
    Surprised that U-Haul truck station is still there.

  8. #8
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    i used to work at an apartment complex over there, I watered the grass. It was an awesome summer job (they had sprinklers...idiots!)

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Unless you are buying/selling drugs or murdering someone/being murdered, there is absolutely no reason to be near the apartment complexes near 61st and Peoria. More dangerous than all of North Tulsa combined.
    I think on the streets they call that area Gun Garden. We lived at 56th & Rockford in the early-mid 80's until the Sun Garden apartments went up & people started dying & my parents moved us South.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by SoulRebel View Post
    I think on the streets they call that area Gun Garden. We lived at 56th & Rockford in the early-mid 80's until the Sun Garden apartments went up & people started dying & my parents moved us South.
    That is random. One of my best friends in middle school lived at the corner of 56th and Rockford. Moved there in 1989.

  11. #11
    Slobber's Avatar
    Posts
    1,109
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago Western Suburbs

    I owned a house around 71st & Peoria in the early 80's, then Tulsa got the bright idea of scattered sight Sec. 8 housing and the neighborhood rapidly descended into hell. Luckily, I got out of there before it became really bad.

  12. #12
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    40,540
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Unless you are buying/selling drugs or murdering someone/being murdered, there is absolutely no reason to be near the apartment complexes near 61st and Peoria. More dangerous than all of North Tulsa combined.
    The other night we had one dead and one wounded in an apartment complex up north. Arrest made today. Big surprise - drug deal gone wrong.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by OUSchitzo View Post
    That place and 81st and Lewis behind Wal Mart. Heck....INCLUDE Wal Mart. We were in the WM parking lot about 5 years ago and got to watch a Drug Bust with 3 Cop Cars. Never went back.
    A couple years back a woman was cooking her meth in the middle of the floor in that Wal-Mart.

  14. #14
    His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,900
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal

    If they are bottom feeders in a roach motel, shouldn't we celebrate not having to continue welfare/section 8/EBT for these slags and their potential offspring?


    It shouldn't be newsworthy or even counted in homicide rates unless its a productive member of society getting killed.
    The following users like this post: ultimatesooner


  15. #15
    SarasotaSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    5,992
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sarasota, FL

    Re: Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    If they are bottom feeders in a roach motel, shouldn't we celebrate not having to continue welfare/section 8/EBT for these slags and their potential offspring?


    It shouldn't be newsworthy or even counted in homicide rates unless its a productive member of society getting killed.
    Yep 4 less Obama voters

    fvckin it live via tapatalk dos
    The following users like this post: ultimatesooner


  16. #16
    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    If they are bottom feeders in a roach motel, shouldn't we celebrate not having to continue welfare/section 8/EBT for these slags and their potential offspring?


    It shouldn't be newsworthy or even counted in homicide rates unless its a productive member of society getting killed.

  17. #17
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,927
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by OUfanINtulsa View Post
    not really.
    The following users like this post: jdmt37


  18. #18
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    40,540
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Palmbeachsooner View Post
    Yep 4 less Obama voters

    fvckin it live via tapatalk dos
    And you're surprised threads you post on get locked?

  19. #19
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,792
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    5 murders in one day. 7 so far this year.

    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_Amanwa500121

  20. #20
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,879
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Re: Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    5 murders in one day. 7 so far this year.

    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_Amanwa500121
    That is close to where my MIL lives. That is a rough area. Her house is at 33rd and garnet or what I like to call the hood. If I was a rich white man I would move her out of that area.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  21. #21
    my apt's close to 51st and peoria but a little further east. does this mean i am in the hood?

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by ousooners9192 View Post
    my apt's close to 51st and peoria but a little further east. does this mean i am in the hood?
    I have heard of plans to extend the Brookside district all the way down to I44. They have already redone the streets & put up some new buildings so I feel like it is just a matter of time. Lots of shitty properties will need to be torn down & re-built for this to happen. If you live in the apartments I am thinking of, those are a major concern for developers due to their condition & tenants (no offense if you live there. They are in a good location).

  23. #23
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    For those that live in the area, if you haven't, you should go check out The Magnolia...Jamaican food that is excellent (around 30th ish I think, next to the tattoo/piercing place).

  24. #24
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,917
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Isn't the Planned Parenthood office with the Enter In Rear sign down there somewhere? I know it's on Peoria... I saw it this weekend.

  25. #25
    Slobber's Avatar
    Posts
    1,109
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago Western Suburbs

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Isn't the Planned Parenthood office with the Enter In Rear sign down there somewhere? I know it's on Peoria... I saw it this weekend.
    That wasn't a PP office, I believe it is a gay bar.

  26. #26
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,505
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Yeah, man... I mean, like, if you enter in the rear, why would you need Planned Parenthood?
    The following users like this post: McRib


  27. #27
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,792
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    That is close to where my MIL lives. That is a rough area. Her house is at 33rd and garnet or what I like to call the hood. If I was a rich white man I would move her out of that area.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I grew up on 39th just east of Mingo, about a mile from your MIL. Back in the day ('60s and '70s) it was squarely middle class. My Mom sold the house and moved southeast to 151st and Yale about 5 years ago.

  28. #28
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,167
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    2 users like smot poker's post: SoonerSean03, Tug Medick


  29. #29
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,505
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    I look down on anal sex.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  30. #30
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,917
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    I look down on anal sex.
    POV?

  31. #31
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,505
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    POV?
    Much better than looking back at it.
    2 users like Mississippi Sooner's post: McRib, SoonerBeerSnob


  32. #32
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,486
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    For those that live in the area, if you haven't, you should go check out The Magnolia...Jamaican food that is excellent (around 30th ish I think, next to the tattoo/piercing place).
    Don't you mean The Hibiscus?

  33. #33
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    Don't you mean The Hibiscus?
    Yeah, thats what I meant...good shit.
    The following users like this post: sooner59


  34. #34
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,917
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    Yeah, man... I mean, like, if you enter in the rear, why would you need Planned Parenthood?
    Prevents pregnancy, yo. That's the plan.
    The following users like this post: Mississippi Sooner


  35. #35
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,486
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    Yeah, thats what I meant...good shit.
    Yeah it is. Drank several Red Stripes with the owner one evening. Nice guy.

  36. #36
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    The wife and I went there before Louis CK, we too had several red stripes.

    Probably going to add that to my rotation of Tulsa places to eat when I have to be near downtown for a concert or something.

  37. #37
    We are up to 8 murders in 8 days now. Maybe the rain will keep people from killing each other for a day or two...

  38. #38
    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    If they are bottom feeders in a roach motel, shouldn't we celebrate not having to continue welfare/section 8/EBT for these slags and their potential offspring?


    It shouldn't be newsworthy or even counted in homicide rates unless its a productive member of society getting killed.

    All 4 women were white. That is only relevant because I know 99% of you assumed they weren't.

    Two of them were twins, 23 years old, with kids. They had jobs, and were, according to their father, two days away from moving to a new place.

    The other was a grandmotherly type neighbor, who watched after the 4 year old (who was found alive) at the apt. The fourth woman, there isn't much info on.

    Apparently, they had let a guy stay there at some point who had ****ed over some drug dealers. The drug dealers came looking for him.

    I'd never let my kids live there in the first place, but I wouldn't characterize them as freeloaders just because they did...because you'd be wrong.



    Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    That is close to where my MIL lives. That is a rough area. Her house is at 33rd and garnet or what I like to call the hood. If I was a rich white man I would move her out of that area.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    33rd and garnett couldn't be farther away from this area. 61st and Peoria is a mile from Southern Hills Country Club, and some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Tulsa. This happened because of intentionally consolidating low-income housing in a concentrated area back in the 1980's. People bury their heads in the sand until something like this happens, and then there is outrage for something self-inflicted.
    2 users like Chautoramus's post: McRib, mgsooner


  39. #39

    Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Careful Chaut, you're really spoiling the "compassionate" Conservatives' circle jerk over four "bottom feeders" and Obama voters being dead. If we're going to deal in tired and ignorant stereotypes then if they were white and living in Oklahoma they must've voted for Romney, right?

  40. #40
    His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,900
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal

    Originally Posted by Chautoramus View Post
    All 4 women were white. That is only relevant because I know 99% of you assumed they weren't.

    Two of them were twins, 23 years old, with kids. They had jobs, and were, according to their father, two days away from moving to a new place.

    The other was a grandmotherly type neighbor, who watched after the 4 year old (who was found alive) at the apt. The fourth woman, there isn't much info on.

    Apparently, they had let a guy stay there at some point who had ****ed over some drug dealers. The drug dealers came looking for him.

    I'd never let my kids live there in the first place, but I wouldn't characterize them as freeloaders just because they did...because you'd be wrong.


    I've been to many of these type of scenes (sexual assault, molestation, assault/battery, murder) where there is drug paraphernalia, kids are either living in filth or near filth with people coming and going and yet a family member gets on TV with a few pictures and tells how the deceased was hard working, had gotten their life together (telling their family they are now sober/clean), was getting ready to start a new job (had filled out some applications months back), getting ready to move to a better location (liked some better apartments across town they couldn't afford)...and it's all either extreme fabrications or the family trying to sugar coat it for their own sense of well being.

    So..23 with kids already, no husbands, living in the drug dealing ghetto they let some unsavory type also in the drug business come stay with them...and their kids.

    You're right...they sound like good girls with good heads on their shoulders.
    4 users like SoCaliSooner's post: DHF, jdmt37, macdaddybuff, Morningwood


  41. #41
    macdaddybuff's Avatar
    Posts
    4,879
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Originally Posted by Chautoramus View Post
    33rd and garnett couldn't be farther away from this area. 61st and Peoria is a mile from Southern Hills Country Club, and some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Tulsa. This happened because of intentionally consolidating low-income housing in a concentrated area back in the 1980's. People bury their heads in the sand until something like this happens, and then there is outrage for something self-inflicted.
    I was replying to the other link someone posted about the killing at 44th and garnet at the appt complex a 50 year old shot I believe.
    Sorry for the confusion. I even quoted the link.. http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_Amanwa500121


    A man was fatally shot outside a Tulsa apartment complex Monday night. His death was the fifth homicide of the day and the seventh of the year.
    The man, whose name was not released but who police said was 50 years old, was at the Garden Courtyard apartment complex in the 4300 block of South Garnett Road to visit his sister when he was acosted by someone about 9:30 p.m., Sgt. Mark Watson said.
    Then, as he tried to run away, he was shot twice in the back and once in leg. He was able to make it to his sister's apartment, where he collapsed, Watson said.
    The man was taken to St. Francis Hospital, where he later died.
    No motive was known, and no description of the shooter was available Monday night.
    Police talked to some residents who said they didn't see anything but heard three to five gun shots, Watson said.


    .................
    I was correct in saying that place or area around where my MIL lives is not a nice area. Used to be a long time ago. Hell that is where my wife grew up and she went to Union. But it has changed and there is a ton of crime in that area. I wish she could or would move to a safer residence with less crime around. I worry every time I drop the kids off so that she can spend grandma time with them.

  42. #42
    I'm with you and bet there's much more to this story than just four women being murdered. It's sad lives were lost, but sometimes the picture you see being painted isn't the reality. That is the worst area in all of Tulsa to be living in.

    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    I've been to many of these type of scenes (sexual assault, molestation, assault/battery, murder) where there is drug paraphernalia, kids are either living in filth or near filth with people coming and going and yet a family member gets on TV with a few pictures and tells how the deceased was hard working, had gotten their life together (telling their family they are now sober/clean), was getting ready to start a new job (had filled out some applications months back), getting ready to move to a better location (liked some better apartments across town they couldn't afford)...and it's all either extreme fabrications or the family trying to sugar coat it for their own sense of well being.

    So..23 with kids already, no husbands, living in the drug dealing ghetto they let some unsavory type also in the drug business come stay with them...and their kids.

    You're right...they sound like good girls with good heads on their shoulders.

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    I've been to many of these type of scenes (sexual assault, molestation, assault/battery, murder) where there is drug paraphernalia, kids are either living in filth or near filth with people coming and going and yet a family member gets on TV with a few pictures and tells how the deceased was hard working, had gotten their life together (telling their family they are now sober/clean), was getting ready to start a new job (had filled out some applications months back), getting ready to move to a better location (liked some better apartments across town they couldn't afford)...and it's all either extreme fabrications or the family trying to sugar coat it for their own sense of well being.

    So..23 with kids already, no husbands, living in the drug dealing ghetto they let some unsavory type also in the drug business come stay with them...and their kids.

    You're right...they sound like good girls with good heads on their shoulders.
    I didn't say they were smart, or made good decisions. They were probably small town girls, moving to the city...working in restaurants, trying to find a place they could afford. But they didn't deserve it and nor do I feel better as a taxpayer (America dammit!) now they are "off the rolls".

    I appreciate your first responder perspective, but there is a bigger point to be made. There are bad people in this world. They are generally desperate, hopeless, and they prey on the weakest among us. Mix that with good people who are also down on their luck...its a nasty ****tail. And the psychological impact of the environment, of places like this only reinforces the situation. That is why current policy shouldn't and doesn't allow the concentration of low income housing like that. HUD doesn't even sponsor new housing project like that. It's all mixed income or single family housing dispersed throughout the community.
    The following users like this post: quatrogenerian


  44. #44
    Originally Posted by Chautoramus View Post
    HUD doesn't even sponsor new housing project like that. It's all mixed income or single family housing dispersed throughout the community.
    Why do we want them "dispersed throughout the community" again?? At least when they're concentrated, I know where not to go, and know where to make sure my kids don't go.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  45. #45

    Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

    Originally Posted by Chautoramus View Post
    I didn't say they were smart, or made good decisions. They were probably small town girls, moving to the city...working in restaurants, trying to find a place they could afford. But they didn't deserve it and nor do I feel better as a taxpayer (America dammit!) now they are "off the rolls".

    I appreciate your first responder perspective, but there is a bigger point to be made. There are bad people in this world. They are generally desperate, hopeless, and they prey on the weakest among us. Mix that with good people who are also down on their luck...its a nasty ****tail. And the psychological impact of the environment, of places like this only reinforces the situation. That is why current policy shouldn't and doesn't allow the concentration of low income housing like that. HUD doesn't even sponsor new housing project like that. It's all mixed income or single family housing dispersed throughout the community.
    Nope they obviously deserved to die and we should throw a cake and punch party at their grave sites to celebrate.

  46. #46
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Nope they obviously deserved to die and we should throw a cake and punch party at their grave sites to celebrate.
    I don't know that anyone actually thought they deserved to die, but making them out to be good folks that stumbled into a bad situation doesn't seem fitting either. These folks weren't sitting in their office working to pay the bills when a mad man stormed in and shot the place up. They were in the ghetto, harboring or were harboring a drug addict that angered drug dealers, and even had kids growing up in the situation, perpetuating the cycle (cue Elvis song). There is no good story here, but to act like completely innocent people were murdered doesn't appear to have much legs from my knowledge of the area.

  47. #47
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,634
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Nope they obviously deserved to die and we should throw a cake and punch party at their grave sites to celebrate.
    I was told there would be punch and pie.
    2 users like DIB's post: ImTheDude, silverwheels


  48. #48
    His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,900
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal

    Originally Posted by Chautoramus View Post
    I didn't say they were smart, or made good decisions.
    My father always said, "Being stupid can cut your life expectancy". It sounds trite, but bad decision after bad decision has consequences that bump you further and further behind in life. We as a society feel nobody should suffer the consequences anymore for not staying in school, for doing drugs, fathering/popping out kids without a two parent household, and basically coasting along on some sort of aid. We must make sure they don't suffer because there are kids involved so we provide housing, money, food for them and instead of making it temporary and helping them get their shit together, people find a comfort level in it...and stay there.

    We then essentially subsidize their poor choices in life and what should be absolutely deplorable living conditions and life conditions are all of a sudden...not so bad.
    The following users like this post: OilSooner


  49. #49
    SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's Avatar
    Posts
    7,628
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near, Far

    Am I the only one that hears the line "Four Dead in Ohio..." from Crosby, Stills, and Nash every time I see this thread?

  50. #50
    Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    Am I the only one that hears the line "Four Dead in Ohio..." from Crosby, Stills, and Nash every time I see this thread?
    Yes

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 11th, 2013, 06:00 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 10th, 2013, 09:20 PM
  3. Several IEDs found in Edmond apartment
    By Julz in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: December 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM