Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

Posted 691 day(s) ago 3036 Views 76 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Tulsa World Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

Four women were found shot to death Monday at an apartment near 61st Street and Peoria Avenue.

The four females who all appear to be adults were found dead with gunshot wounds at Fairmont Terrace, police said.

A 4-year-old was found uninjured in the apartment and taken into protective custody, police said.

Police and EMSA were called to the scene at 12:36 p.m. after an individual came to the apartment and found the bodies.

Police believe someone was in contact with at least one of the victims in the last hour.

Homicide and child crisis detectives are on the scene.

"It's not everyday you see something like this in the city of Tulsa," Tulsa Police Officer Leland Ashley said. "It's very tough right now.

"You can imagine what the child (found with the victims) is going through at this time.

Police have no leads in the case.

"We're asking anyone with any information to please come forward," Ashley said.

Anyone with information on this shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS or visit tulsaworld.com/crimestoppers.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialpro...0_Fuoeee765756

Unless you are buying/selling drugs or murdering someone/being murdered, there is absolutely no reason to be near the apartment complexes near 61st and Peoria. More dangerous than all of North Tulsa combined.
    2 users like DIB's post: Sieve, SiggyPoke

Has Craig James been seen in the area?
    4 users like Mississippi Sooner's post: Big Red One, silverwheels, sooner59, Yasiel Puig

Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Unless you are buying/selling drugs or murdering someone/being murdered, there is absolutely no reason to be near the apartment complexes near 61st and Peoria. More dangerous than all of North Tulsa combined.
    But if I AM buying/selling drugs and murdering, do you recommend?
    2 users like Sir Bevedere's post: Morningwood, Peach Fuzz

Originally Posted by Sir Bevedere View Post
    But if I AM buying/selling drugs and murdering, do you recommend?
    It's no Baltimore projects, but it's close.
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob

That place and 81st and Lewis behind Wal Mart. Heck....INCLUDE Wal Mart. We were in the WM parking lot about 5 years ago and got to watch a Drug Bust with 3 Cop Cars. Never went back.

Surprised that U-Haul truck station is still there.

i used to work at an apartment complex over there, I watered the grass. It was an awesome summer job (they had sprinklers...idiots!)

I think on the streets they call that area Gun Garden. We lived at 56th & Rockford in the early-mid 80's until the Sun Garden apartments went up & people started dying & my parents moved us South.

Originally Posted by SoulRebel View Post
    I think on the streets they call that area Gun Garden. We lived at 56th & Rockford in the early-mid 80's until the Sun Garden apartments went up & people started dying & my parents moved us South.
    That is random. One of my best friends in middle school lived at the corner of 56th and Rockford. Moved there in 1989.

I owned a house around 71st & Peoria in the early 80's, then Tulsa got the bright idea of scattered sight Sec. 8 housing and the neighborhood rapidly descended into hell. Luckily, I got out of there before it became really bad.

The other night we had one dead and one wounded in an apartment complex up north. Arrest made today. Big surprise - drug deal gone wrong.

Originally Posted by OUSchitzo View Post
    That place and 81st and Lewis behind Wal Mart. Heck....INCLUDE Wal Mart. We were in the WM parking lot about 5 years ago and got to watch a Drug Bust with 3 Cop Cars. Never went back.
    A couple years back a woman was cooking her meth in the middle of the floor in that Wal-Mart.

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

If they are bottom feeders in a roach motel, shouldn't we celebrate not having to continue welfare/section 8/EBT for these slags and their potential offspring?

It shouldn't be newsworthy or even counted in homicide rates unless its a productive member of society getting killed.
    The following users like this post: ultimatesooner

Re: Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    If they are bottom feeders in a roach motel, shouldn't we celebrate not having to continue welfare/section 8/EBT for these slags and their potential offspring?

It shouldn't be newsworthy or even counted in homicide rates unless its a productive member of society getting killed.
    Yep 4 less Obama voters

fvckin it live via tapatalk dos
    The following users like this post: ultimatesooner

Originally Posted by OUfanINtulsa View Post
    not really.
    The following users like this post: jdmt37

Originally Posted by Palmbeachsooner View Post
    Yep 4 less Obama voters

fvckin it live via tapatalk dos
    And you're surprised threads you post on get locked?

5 murders in one day. 7 so far this year.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_Amanwa500121

Re: Four dead in Tulsa apartment shooting

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    5 murders in one day. 7 so far this year.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_Amanwa500121
    That is close to where my MIL lives. That is a rough area. Her house is at 33rd and garnet or what I like to call the hood. If I was a rich white man I would move her out of that area.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

my apt's close to 51st and peoria but a little further east. does this mean i am in the hood?

Originally Posted by ousooners9192 View Post
    my apt's close to 51st and peoria but a little further east. does this mean i am in the hood?
    I have heard of plans to extend the Brookside district all the way down to I44. They have already redone the streets & put up some new buildings so I feel like it is just a matter of time. Lots of shitty properties will need to be torn down & re-built for this to happen. If you live in the apartments I am thinking of, those are a major concern for developers due to their condition & tenants (no offense if you live there. They are in a good location).

For those that live in the area, if you haven't, you should go check out The Magnolia...Jamaican food that is excellent (around 30th ish I think, next to the tattoo/piercing place).

Isn't the Planned Parenthood office with the Enter In Rear sign down there somewhere? I know it's on Peoria... I saw it this weekend.

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Isn't the Planned Parenthood office with the Enter In Rear sign down there somewhere? I know it's on Peoria... I saw it this weekend.
    That wasn't a PP office, I believe it is a gay bar.

Yeah, man... I mean, like, if you enter in the rear, why would you need Planned Parenthood?
    The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    That is close to where my MIL lives. That is a rough area. Her house is at 33rd and garnet or what I like to call the hood. If I was a rich white man I would move her out of that area.

I grew up on 39th just east of Mingo, about a mile from your MIL. Back in the day ('60s and '70s) it was squarely middle class. My Mom sold the house and moved southeast to 151st and Yale about 5 years ago.

2 users like smot poker's post: SoonerSean03, Tug Medick

I look down on anal sex.
    The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    I look down on anal sex.
    POV?

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    POV?
    Much better than looking back at it.
    2 users like Mississippi Sooner's post: McRib, SoonerBeerSnob

Originally Posted by soonersmc View Post
    For those that live in the area, if you haven't, you should go check out The Magnolia...Jamaican food that is excellent (around 30th ish I think, next to the tattoo/piercing place).
    Don't you mean The Hibiscus?

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    Don't you mean The Hibiscus?
    Yeah, thats what I meant...good shit.
    The following users like this post: sooner59

Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    Yeah, man... I mean, like, if you enter in the rear, why would you need Planned Parenthood?
    Prevents pregnancy, yo. That's the plan.
    The following users like this post: Mississippi Sooner

Yeah, thats what I meant...good shit.
    Yeah it is. Drank several Red Stripes with the owner one evening. Nice guy.

The wife and I went there before Louis CK, we too had several red stripes.

Probably going to add that to my rotation of Tulsa places to eat when I have to be near downtown for a concert or something.

We are up to 8 murders in 8 days now. Maybe the rain will keep people from killing each other for a day or two...

All 4 women were white. That is only relevant because I know 99% of you assumed they weren't.

Two of them were twins, 23 years old, with kids. They had jobs, and were, according to their father, two days away from moving to a new place.

The other was a grandmotherly type neighbor, who watched after the 4 year old (who was found alive) at the apt. The fourth woman, there isn't much info on.

Apparently, they had let a guy stay there at some point who had ****ed over some drug dealers. The drug dealers came looking for him.

I'd never let my kids live there in the first place, but I wouldn't characterize them as freeloaders just because they did...because you'd be wrong.

Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post

33rd and garnett couldn't be farther away from this area. 61st and Peoria is a mile from Southern Hills Country Club, and some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Tulsa. This happened because of intentionally consolidating low-income housing in a concentrated area back in the 1980's. People bury their heads in the sand until something like this happens, and then there is outrage for something self-inflicted.
    2 users like Chautoramus's post: McRib, mgsooner

Careful Chaut, you're really spoiling the "compassionate" Conservatives' circle jerk over four "bottom feeders" and Obama voters being dead. If we're going to deal in tired and ignorant stereotypes then if they were white and living in Oklahoma they must've voted for Romney, right?

Originally Posted by Chautoramus View Post
    All 4 women were white. That is only relevant because I know 99% of you assumed they weren't.

Two of them were twins, 23 years old, with kids. They had jobs, and were, according to their father, two days away from moving to a new place.

The other was a grandmotherly type neighbor, who watched after the 4 year old (who was found alive) at the apt. The fourth woman, there isn't much info on.

Apparently, they had let a guy stay there at some point who had ****ed over some drug dealers. The drug dealers came looking for him.

I'd never let my kids live there in the first place, but I wouldn't characterize them as freeloaders just because they did...because you'd be wrong.

I've been to many of these type of scenes (sexual assault, molestation, assault/battery, murder) where there is drug paraphernalia, kids are either living in filth or near filth with people coming and going and yet a family member gets on TV with a few pictures and tells how the deceased was hard working, had gotten their life together (telling their family they are now sober/clean), was getting ready to start a new job (had filled out some applications months back), getting ready to move to a better location (liked some better apartments across town they couldn't afford)...and it's all either extreme fabrications or the family trying to sugar coat it for their own sense of well being.

So..23 with kids already, no husbands, living in the drug dealing ghetto they let some unsavory type also in the drug business come stay with them...and their kids.

You're right...they sound like good girls with good heads on their shoulders.
    4 users like SoCaliSooner's post: DHF, jdmt37, macdaddybuff, Morningwood

33rd and garnett couldn't be farther away from this area. 61st and Peoria is a mile from Southern Hills Country Club, and some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Tulsa. This happened because of intentionally consolidating low-income housing in a concentrated area back in the 1980's. People bury their heads in the sand until something like this happens, and then there is outrage for something self-inflicted.
    I was replying to the other link someone posted about the killing at 44th and garnet at the appt complex a 50 year old shot I believe.
    Sorry for the confusion. I even quoted the link.. http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_Amanwa500121

A man was fatally shot outside a Tulsa apartment complex Monday night. His death was the fifth homicide of the day and the seventh of the year.
    The man, whose name was not released but who police said was 50 years old, was at the Garden Courtyard apartment complex in the 4300 block of South Garnett Road to visit his sister when he was acosted by someone about 9:30 p.m., Sgt. Mark Watson said.
    Then, as he tried to run away, he was shot twice in the back and once in leg. He was able to make it to his sister's apartment, where he collapsed, Watson said.
    The man was taken to St. Francis Hospital, where he later died.
    No motive was known, and no description of the shooter was available Monday night.
    Police talked to some residents who said they didn't see anything but heard three to five gun shots, Watson said.

I was correct in saying that place or area around where my MIL lives is not a nice area. Used to be a long time ago. Hell that is where my wife grew up and she went to Union. But it has changed and there is a ton of crime in that area. I wish she could or would move to a safer residence with less crime around. I worry every time I drop the kids off so that she can spend grandma time with them.

I'm with you and bet there's much more to this story than just four women being murdered. It's sad lives were lost, but sometimes the picture you see being painted isn't the reality. That is the worst area in all of Tulsa to be living in.

I've been to many of these type of scenes (sexual assault, molestation, assault/battery, murder) where there is drug paraphernalia, kids are either living in filth or near filth with people coming and going and yet a family member gets on TV with a few pictures and tells how the deceased was hard working, had gotten their life together (telling their family they are now sober/clean), was getting ready to start a new job (had filled out some applications months back), getting ready to move to a better location (liked some better apartments across town they couldn't afford)...and it's all either extreme fabrications or the family trying to sugar coat it for their own sense of well being.

So..23 with kids already, no husbands, living in the drug dealing ghetto they let some unsavory type also in the drug business come stay with them...and their kids.

I didn't say they were smart, or made good decisions. They were probably small town girls, moving to the city...working in restaurants, trying to find a place they could afford. But they didn't deserve it and nor do I feel better as a taxpayer (America dammit!) now they are "off the rolls".

I appreciate your first responder perspective, but there is a bigger point to be made. There are bad people in this world. They are generally desperate, hopeless, and they prey on the weakest among us. Mix that with good people who are also down on their luck...its a nasty ****tail. And the psychological impact of the environment, of places like this only reinforces the situation. That is why current policy shouldn't and doesn't allow the concentration of low income housing like that. HUD doesn't even sponsor new housing project like that. It's all mixed income or single family housing dispersed throughout the community.
    The following users like this post: quatrogenerian

HUD doesn't even sponsor new housing project like that. It's all mixed income or single family housing dispersed throughout the community.
    Why do we want them "dispersed throughout the community" again?? At least when they're concentrated, I know where not to go, and know where to make sure my kids don't go.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke

I didn't say they were smart, or made good decisions. They were probably small town girls, moving to the city...working in restaurants, trying to find a place they could afford. But they didn't deserve it and nor do I feel better as a taxpayer (America dammit!) now they are "off the rolls".

I appreciate your first responder perspective, but there is a bigger point to be made. There are bad people in this world. They are generally desperate, hopeless, and they prey on the weakest among us. Mix that with good people who are also down on their luck...its a nasty ****tail. And the psychological impact of the environment, of places like this only reinforces the situation. That is why current policy shouldn't and doesn't allow the concentration of low income housing like that. HUD doesn't even sponsor new housing project like that. It's all mixed income or single family housing dispersed throughout the community.
    Nope they obviously deserved to die and we should throw a cake and punch party at their grave sites to celebrate.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Nope they obviously deserved to die and we should throw a cake and punch party at their grave sites to celebrate.
    I don't know that anyone actually thought they deserved to die, but making them out to be good folks that stumbled into a bad situation doesn't seem fitting either. These folks weren't sitting in their office working to pay the bills when a mad man stormed in and shot the place up. They were in the ghetto, harboring or were harboring a drug addict that angered drug dealers, and even had kids growing up in the situation, perpetuating the cycle (cue Elvis song). There is no good story here, but to act like completely innocent people were murdered doesn't appear to have much legs from my knowledge of the area.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    I was told there would be punch and pie.
    2 users like DIB's post: ImTheDude, silverwheels

I didn't say they were smart, or made good decisions.
    My father always said, "Being stupid can cut your life expectancy". It sounds trite, but bad decision after bad decision has consequences that bump you further and further behind in life. We as a society feel nobody should suffer the consequences anymore for not staying in school, for doing drugs, fathering/popping out kids without a two parent household, and basically coasting along on some sort of aid. We must make sure they don't suffer because there are kids involved so we provide housing, money, food for them and instead of making it temporary and helping them get their shit together, people find a comfort level in it...and stay there.

We then essentially subsidize their poor choices in life and what should be absolutely deplorable living conditions and life conditions are all of a sudden...not so bad.
    The following users like this post: OilSooner

Am I the only one that hears the line "Four Dead in Ohio..." from Crosby, Stills, and Nash every time I see this thread?

Am I the only one that hears the line "Four Dead in Ohio..." from Crosby, Stills, and Nash every time I see this thread?
    Yes