Twitter the evil of the modern world

Posted 472 day(s) ago 9692 Views 209 Replies
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3
    vCash

Twitter Twitter the evil of the modern world

vCash

Kenny tweeted how long he played Friday.

vCash

Originally Posted by OuachitaSooner View Post
    LOL! Very well done.

vCash

Clay doing battle....on twitter

I'm not trash talking anyone but I would more than happy to go through a summer workout with the team.
    3 users like nlight1's post: Bk2X, Jasooner, nstinson

BOOM.

vCash

Funny thing is he got into it with a Tech fan, who was most likely trololoing.

vCash

I don't believe it was the fans who looked un-athletic against A&M.
    4 users like OKIE's post: biglynn, nstinson, Peach Fuzz, Tropicalsooner

nole"neck like big bird" sooner- you gonna take him up on this challenge? Take your dad BoomerMagic with ya, I am sure with you two combined you will set some new work out records.

No fans should be talking trash to the players. Trash the coaches all you want, they've earned it and get paid millions to take the heat. No matter what the players do on the field, they deserve our respect. Nobody should be talking shit to the players. That's pathetic.

vCash

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    nole"neck like big bird" sooner- you gonna take him up on this challenge? Take your dad BoomerMagic with ya, I am sure with you two combined you will set some new work out records.
    thanks but no thanks, just saw Biggest Loser on TV last night ... don't want to watch it again.

Dudes ... leave the players alone ... unless Clay's reading the press, then that's on him.
    The following users like this post: H82Lose

vCash

FWIW, I don't question the work any of the players put in during the week, and I know TJ played through injury all year and Clay has busted his but all career. Stills visibly quits every time we get down though. Looks bored and apathetic. Comes from the HC himself.

vCash

So is this another thread where we shit on our players for five pages? Cool.
    4 users like mgsooner's post: freedombird, jmizzy4ou, MoJoOkie, oorah_okie

vCash

FWIW, I don't question the work any of the players put in during the week, and I know TJ played through injury all year and Clay has busted his but all career. Stills visibly quits every time we get down though. Looks bored and apathetic. Comes from the HC himself.
    hey dumb **** ... still was one of the main reasons we WON from BEHIND against OSU and WV.

vCash

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    hey dumb **** ... still was one of the main reasons we WON from BEHIND against OSU and WV.
    Whatever. It's 5:21 and Stills is still tapping his helmet to come out after running a 30 yard go.

EDIT: I've never bashed a player before this thread but Stills frustrates the hell out of me. I appreciate all he has done, WVU, FSU etc. and hope he does well and will continue to root for him in the league but I won't miss him that much.
    2 users like OuachitaSooner's post: ousooner_4, warrenpiece

vCash

How healthy is the team culture when you have players calling out the fans on twitter? Why are those guys even listening to that noise, let alone responding to it?
    3 users like Camel at Sea's post: COLLISON ANGRY, IndySooner, nolesooner

Absolutely pathetic that it comes to this for any reason.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: jmizzy4ou, nolesooner

vCash

Whatever. It's 5:21 and Stills is still tapping his helmet to come out after running a 30 yard go.
    so what does that prove? my question to you is did he or did he not quit in the OSU and WV game when we were behind per your dumb statement: Stills visibly quits every time we get down though

lastly ... i think clay just tweeted a message directedly to you ... please read when you get a chance.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

vCash

take twitter away from the players...people are idiots and we have as many ignorant fans as any other school out there...no need to subject the players to that nonsense
    2 users like greensooner's post: BajaOklahoma, H82Lose

vCash

Originally Posted by Camel at Sea View Post
    How healthy is the team culture when you have players calling out the fans on twitter? Why are those guys even listening to that noise, let alone responding to it?
    Well said. I don't envision some of the past great sooners trash talking to Tech fans on twitter.

These players are so fragile that they feel the need to start trash talking with nobodies on teh internet.

Hey Clay, come to my job and lay an egg like the one on Friday, and you wouldn't last a day.

vCash

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    take twitter away from the players...people are idiots and we have as many ignorant fans as any other school out there...no need to subject the players to that nonsense
    would seem like a good idea but taking social media away from kids would kill our already slumping recruiting. they just need to be educated on what to expect.

vCash

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Well said. I don't envision some of the past great sooners trash talking to Tech fans on twitter.

These players are so fragile that they feel the need to start trash talking with nobodies on teh internet.

Hey Clay, come to my job and lay an egg like the one on Friday, and you wouldn't last a day.
    It's the era, I guarantee Boz would have been all over social media. Stoops should ban it.
    The following users like this post: caseyou1

vCash

idiot fans..God bless your pathetic facebook/Twitter stalking a$$e$. they came here to try and win championships and make the league. and are on the verge of doing both. sore losers, want to treat them like Dupree? and 20 years later say it's ok you were young and wanted money. who the hell on here wouldn't do the same thing...That isn't an idiot who can't do the school and football work?

Good luck to all Sooners and thanks for the memories. to bad the idiots won't just jump ship
    2 users like caseyou1's post: jmizzy4ou, MoJoOkie

you are making that statement, tell us what you do for a living...you know what clay does.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

vCash

If they don't want to have idiots bash them on twitter, then maybe they should get rid of their twitter accounts. Or the could just ignore the idiots, that would work, too.
    2 users like fdubzou's post: Nazgul, nolesooner

vCash

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    you are making that statement, tell us what you do for a living...you know what clay does.
    I flip burgers. If I burn the fries or cook the burger too long, I get fired. That's how life works.

Come by Jack in The Box on 12th, I'll hook you up.

You'll know who I am. Can't miss a Lord of the Rings nerd. Lol.
    3 users like Nazgul's post: nolesooner, sOUltrain65, ThievingMagpie

vCash

would seem like a good idea but taking social media away from kids would kill our already slumping recruiting. they just need to be educated on what to expect.
    good point, maybe also how to handle it...I know on twitter you can make your profile and tweets private to a select group of people...all the players should do that if they are to use twitter

there must be some safeguards in place to protect the student athlete

vCash

so what does that prove? my question to you is did he or did he not quit in the OSU and WV game when we were behind per your dumb statement: Stills visibly quits every time we get down though

lastly ... i think clay just tweeted a message directedly to you ... please read when you get a chance.
    He played great those games, I got ahead of myself saying every game. But you can't tell me his body language was pretty crappy many games. I don't follow a single player on twitter. I didn't mean for this to become a look at me bash players thread. I just wanted to make a funny post, and damn it I did!
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

vCash

so if you were HC for OU, you would cut clay because of cotton bowl performance? is that what you meant by your "wouldn't last a day"?

Dusty didn't have social media and decided to throw a trash talking dude through a bar door. i was with bucky buckles (baseball player) when he got in a fight with college frat dude for the same. how many times have you seen people get into arguments with people they don't know during college? this has been happening since the beginning of time.
    The following users like this post: H82Lose

vCash

Twitter is a social media that can be used good and bad. If it had been around in the 70s/80s our team would have been given the death penalty along with half of the NCAA. people who have nothing better to do than live out their pathetic life and want to create drama such as Skip "My Clit" Bayless saying I'm a big fan except it the team didn't have all the parts.losing sucks, seeing adults cry on message boards/Twitter/facebook is comical

Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    If they don't want to have idiots bash them on twitter, then maybe they should get rid of their twitter accounts. Or the could just ignore the idiots, that would work, too.
    so, an 18 year old is wrong by having a grown ****ing man or woman follow HIM on twitter, then the idiot dork that follows him says shit to him and the 18 year old calls him out and you want to say the kid could make it private? There is no issue here with the 45 year old following the college football player? I mean yes, you have a good point, and I cant say I dont partially agree, but gosh damn grown ass adults with life experience are most of the idiots of our fan base.
    3 users like H82Lose's post: freedombird, McRib, soonerbldr

vCash

so if you were HC for OU, you would cut clay because of cotton bowl performance? is that what you meant by your "wouldn't last a day"?

Dusty didn't have social media and decided to throw a trash talking dude through a bar door. i was with bucky buckles (baseball player) when he got in a fight with college frat dude for the same. how many times have you seen people get into arguments with people they don't know during college? this has been happening since the beginning of time.
    All I'm saying is that after you get embarrassed in front of one of the largest audiences to watch a college football game on Fox, don't get on twitter and start trash talking to Texas Tech fans, challenging them to an athletic competition which realistically they can't participate in.

Also, if I were Clay, I'd be careful challenging people not on scholarships, since he backed up a non-scholarship player last year, and this year he backed up a JUCO.

That's all I'm saying.
    2 users like Nazgul's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, Maranatha

vCash

I've got to get a twitter account. I'm missing out on so mcuh. meh.

I flip burgers. If I burn the fries or cook the burger too long, I get fired. That's how life works.

Come by Jack in The Box on 12th, I'll hook you up.

You'll know who I am. Can't miss a Lord of the Rings nerd. Lol.
    just exactly what goes into making one of those tacos?
    The following users like this post: sOUltrain65

I wish Bob would ban twitter.
    The following users like this post: greensooner

vCash

Originally Posted by Stoops'Visor View Post
    why stop at twitter ... maybe he should banned all access to the outside world. banning isn't the answer ... education of what to expect and how to respond is ...

remember how mad you were when your parents banned rock n roll ... didn't do much good then did it?
    The following users like this post: 2SBTM

vCash

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    just exactly what goes into making one of those tacos?
    Special sauce. Sometime i spill it outside the taco. More often than not I put the sauce all over the taco
    The following users like this post: OUCarlton

vCash

Originally Posted by Stoops'Visor View Post
    Cant do that.

How come Nick Satan doesn't have to deal with this?

vCash

Cant do that.

How come Nick Satan doesn't have to deal with this?
    Because Saban is a football coach who want to be the best coach ever. Stoops at this point just wants the best leather for his living room furniture.
    2 users like prentice2's post: Morningwood, Nazgul

vCash

Someone should send Clay the link to that JB interview

Someone should send Clay the link to that JB interview
    Someone should send it to Bob as well.

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    Someone should send it to Bob as well.
    Do they even have twitter in Tuscany?
    The following users like this post: Turk

vCash

Originally Posted by mightysooner View Post
    Do they even have twitter in Tuscany?
    Hahaha. Well done

Edit: I am not for bashing these guys... They play hard.... But it does them no good to get into pissing matches with fans.

Re: Clay doing battle....on twitter

Some people should not have the twitters.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

vCash

Why bother to engage a pathetic fan on Twitter? Dumb for responding. Dumber for initiating it by someone trying to live through another.

The fact Clay "has" to respond and doesn't let it go in one ear and out the other really makes me wonder about psyche.

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    No fans should be talking trash to the players. Trash the coaches all you want, they've earned it and get paid millions to take the heat. No matter what the players do on the field, they deserve our respect. Nobody should be talking shit to the players. That's pathetic.
    Agreed. But players shouldn't be making comments like this either. Particularly since his comment is so irrelevant. Even if they work hard, they still get outplayed and embarrassed every season.

vCash

Clay cant take the heat. What a puss

fvckin it live with Tapatalk dos

Maybe Clay can enter the draft early too.

vCash

Originally Posted by makila View Post
    Why bother to engage a pathetic fan on Twitter? Dumb for responding. Dumber for initiating it by someone trying to live through another.

The fact Clay "has" to respond and doesn't let it go in one ear and out the other really makes me wonder about psyche.
    c'mon man ... it's just a frustrated kid ... that's all. being that your pretty new here, just wait and see how many times on this board where people challenge each other to fights ... and these are grown ups.
    The following users like this post: fdubzou

vCash

Originally Posted by Camel at Sea View Post
    How healthy is the fan-base when motherfuckers are twitter stalking college kids. Grow the **** up/be less gay.