Robert Griffin has a torn ACL and LCL.

Posted 689 day(s) ago 2004 Views 47 Replies

NFL Robert Griffin has a torn ACL and LCL.

Wow sucks for the dude. He needs to go see AD's doc asap.

I am telling you. I have said it over and over...RG3 might have been a better pick right now, but he will not hold up and Luck will prove to be the better pick overall.

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    I am telling you. I have said it over and over...RG3 might have been a better pick right now, but he will not hold up and Luck will prove to be the better pick overall.
    For ten years yes. He probably did this a couple of weeks ago. He hadn't been the same player since. Just reason 2, 568 why you never saw the wishbone in the pros or why the option isn't a viable offense. The Wildcat works because you very rarely use it and when you do it's a WR/RB in there. So in one year he's probably hurt his knee twice and how many head dings? AD aside, it also makes you wonder how he will be when he comes back.

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Dr. James Andrews is the guy that worked on Sam and AD, Dr. Andrews was also on the sideline already to look after his knee and in the game where he originally hurt it says he was worried and told them not to put him back in and they did it anyways. This recent game he says he was so worried the entire time that RG3 was going to get hurt he was asking RG3 to sit down and worry about his health but RG3 wanted to play and Shanahan wanted him in there too.

Who wants to bet that after that initial injury, RG3 was taken into that "hut" and given a toradol shot and told to get back out there. Could have been his decision or the teams, but obviously it was against the doctors recommendation.
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

Ask yourself how many scrambling quarterbacks in the modern era have made a long career in the NFL.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    For ten years yes. He probably did this a couple of weeks ago. He hadn't been the same player since. Just reason 2, 568 why you never saw the wishbone in the pros or why the option isn't a viable offense. The Wildcat works because you very rarely use it and when you do it's a WR/RB in there. So in one year he's probably hurt his knee twice and how many head dings? AD aside, it also makes you wonder how he will be when he comes back.
    I totally agree. And his Ol' HC I can promise you will run him until his career is over, I think you got that feeling when he pushed for his come back after the concussion

Dude shouldn't have been in the game Sunday after halftime . . . or whenever he was initially hurt IMO.

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Ask yourself how many scrambling quarterbacks in the modern era have made a long career in the NFL.
    Elway is the only one that comes to mind. And his knees were trashed by the time he retired.

Ouch!

Wes Welker and AD and many others all came back, is this the same knee as 2009 in college he tore?

Saw it from the start. A scrambling QB will not last long in the NFL. Andrew Luck will have more success than RG3 if RG3 can't learn how to become a pocket passer first and learn how to throw an accurate pass besides the deep ball.

I think it's the same knee meni

One would think the head coach would protect his star player better given how much he gave up to get him.

Yes it is the same one because that is part of the reason they are not sure how bad the ACL is damaged.

Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    Who wants to bet that after that initial injury, RG3 was taken into that "hut" and given a toradol shot and told to get back out there. Could have been his decision or the teams, but obviously it was against the doctors recommendation.
    That is exactly what my wife and I said.

Originally Posted by soonerbred18 View Post
    Saw it from the start. A scrambling QB will not last long in the NFL. Andrew Luck will have more success than RG3 if RG3 can't learn how to become a pocket passer first and learn how to throw an accurate pass besides the deep ball.
    LJ hopes you're right. anyhow, i agree unless you have a bigger body like cam and the dude in SF (minus that freak in Seattle).

Hope RG3 gets back, that kid is good for football.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    LJ hopes you're right. anyhow, i agree unless you have a bigger body like cam and the dude in SF (minus that freak in Seattle).

Hope RG3 gets back, that kid is good for football.
    I agree, those guys are strong enough to hold their own plus they haven't severe previous injuries like Robert Griffin III. The thing with them though is that they can make big plays with their arm and can make the tough passes the NFL requires, haven't really seen that from Robert Griffin.

And Washington sold Thier soul to draft him. They re in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by soonerbred18 View Post
    I agree, those guys are strong enough to hold their own plus they haven't severe previous injuries like Robert Griffin III. The thing with them though is that they can make big plays with their arm and can make the tough passes the NFL requires, haven't really seen that from Robert Griffin.
    For all the hype this year, Griffin was largely successful because of his speed and ability to get on the corner with rollouts. Both he and Cousins were highly unsuccessful from the pocket.

The ideal NFL QB is not a Griffin type.. but a guy like Aaron Rogers (big, strong-arm, great feet, great pocket presence to avoid the rush, will scramble on occasion to get a big first down, but is NOT a running QB).

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    AD's Dr was on the sidline of the Wash/Sea playoff game.

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    For all the hype this year, Griffin was largely successful because of his speed and ability to get on the corner with rollouts. Both he and Cousins were highly unsuccessful from the pocket.

The ideal NFL QB is not a Griffin type.. but a guy like Aaron Rogers (big, strong-arm, great feet, great pocket presence to avoid the rush, will scramble on occasion to get a big first down, but is NOT a running QB).
    Uh, pretty much everyone agrees that running QBs are the future in the NFL. Russell Wilson and Kaepernick fared pretty well this year. If you can have an above-average passer that is also an above-average runner, why WOULDN'T you want that?

Why do you think ROOKIE QBs are having such good years? It's a paradigm shift. You need look only at our Cotton Bowl video to see why running QBs are preferable. They put the traditional defensive philosophy at a severe disadvantage.

Does anyone think his physical build will lead to injuries. He's built more like a sprinter than a tradititional footbal player. Much like a race horse those legs are highly susceptible to injury.

all what hype ... he took the worst team in division and in ONE season, won that same division and went to playoffs. they had a good chance of beating seattle (one of hottest teams in NFL right now) too before his injury.

oh another thing ... redskins OL ranks 26th at the beginning of year. hard to stay in a pocket when their is no pocket.

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Uh, pretty much everyone agrees that running QBs are the future in the NFL. Russell Wilson and Kaepernick fared pretty well this year. If you can have an above-average passer that is also an above-average runner, why WOULDN'T you want that?

Why do you think ROOKIE QBs are having such good years? It's a paradigm shift. You need look only at our Cotton Bowl video to see why running QBs are preferable. They put the traditional defensive philosophy at a severe disadvantage.
    Just like Bobby Douglas, John Concannon, Mark Brunell, Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick, and Cam Newton were going to shift the paradigm.

Scrambling QBs, absolutely. Steve Young, John Elway, Roger Staubach, Aaron Rodgers, Fran Tarkenton..

Just like Bobby Douglas, John Concannon, Mark Brunell, Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick, and Cam Newton were going to shift the paradigm.

Scrambling QBs, absolutely. Steve Young, John Elway, Roger Staubach, Aaron Rodgers, Fran Tarkenton..
    This. Griffin and RW are studs because they can and will throw before running.

Originally Posted by OuachitaSooner View Post
    This. Griffin and RW are studs because they can and will throw before running.
    you might want to reread his post ... his argument is the exact opposite. "The ideal NFL QB is not a Griffin type.. "

you might want to reread his post ... his argument is the exact opposite. "The ideal NFL QB is not a Griffin type.. "
    No, his point was that Run first QBs aren't the future, and Griffin won the Heisman and his draft spot with his arm. He didn't mention Griffin in his post.

I agree with his point, and put Griffin and RW in the scrambling category, even if he doesn't.

my point was that RG3 had to run out of pocket cause the line was ranked 26th at start of season.
    The following users like this post: OuachitaSooner

Russell Wilson, Collin Kaepernick and RG3 would all like a word with you. You're pointing at ELITE pocket-passing QBs as being awesome. Well, of course they are. They're ELITE.

How can all these rookies come in and have such success if there isn't anything to the mobile-QB thing?

Washington's O-Line was awesome this year. #1 rush offense in the league, and RGIII was not hit much behind the LOS.

Originally Posted by aaron7 View Post
    Washington's O-Line was awesome this year. #1 rush offense in the league, and RGIII was not hit much behind the LOS.
    composite preseason ranking from four nfl sites: 25 Washington Redskins: 25.33, 26, 24, 26; I'm sure RG3 had something to do with there final rankings.

and if you watch RG3 play ... the reason he doesn't get hit much behind the line is because he's RG3 ...

He'll be fine. His legs are a great asset but he has thrown for over 10k college. So everyone know he can put the ball in the air with accuracy. Leading teh league passing accuracy.
    This happens to mobile quarterbacks. But I think RG3 will be one of the few to move past it.

Why are preseason rankings even being talked about here? The regular season is over. Who gives a **** about preseason rankings?

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Why are preseason rankings even being talked about here? The regular season is over. Who gives a **** about preseason rankings?
    don't ****ing read then ... its that ****in easy. the point was RG3 was playing with one of the worst offensive line entering the season.

composite preseason ranking from four nfl sites: 25 Washington Redskins: 25.33, 26, 24, 26; I'm sure RG3 had something to do with there final rankings.

and if you watch RG3 play ... the reason he doesn't get hit much behind the line is because he's RG3 ...

So the real point of your post was that Trent and Chris really suck or that Brown was really missed?

Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    So the real point of your post was that Trent and Chris really suck or that Brown was really missed?
    so my real point is this simple: RG3 is good; made players around him better.

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Antwan Randle El

Weren't most of his injuries - head and knee - caused on runs? I don't remember any major hits or tweeks coming in the pocket.

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    Wes Welker and AD and many others all came back, is this the same knee as 2009 in college he tore?
    Welker isn't really known for speed really. AD is a freak of nature. It's gonna be tough to come back from a knee you've torn twice.

And the gaping holes they were creating for that Morris guy. Wish DeMarco had that kind of blocking in Dallas.

@PFF
    Adrian Peterson is not a realistic benchmark for knee recovery. Genetic freak who had apparently like-new condition knee at surgery.

@PFF
    Adrian Peterson is not a realistic benchmark for knee recovery. Genetic freak who had apparently like-new condition knee at surgery.
    He's a machine.

Thought today, what if RG3 has a short but brilliant career, similar to Gayle Sayers, and becomes more legendary

sucks for him wish him well

Thought today, what if RG3 has a short but brilliant career, similar to Gayle Sayers, and becomes more legendary
    He has a ways to go before we start talking about him in the same area code as Sayers.

Dr. James Andrews' official statement about the surgery:

"We expect a full recovery, and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season. The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

Doesn't sound all doom and gloom to me...

Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Dr. James Andrews' official statement about the surgery:

"We expect a full recovery, and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season. The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

Doesn't sound all doom and gloom to me...
    Now SC has something to obsess about during the off season.