Jammal Brown on The Rush.

Posted 472 day(s) ago by oorah_okie8300 Views 144 Replies
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma View Post
    The work ethic of the kids is so different than in years past. Between helicopter parents, re-testing to get a passing grade, social promotions rather than earned promotions.... these kids have no concept of failure and what to do to deal with it, how to get better, how to give their best. I am seriously worried about these kids.
    ...and somehow, Alabama, aTm, Oregon and others manage to produce teams that can take us to the woodshed???
    The following users like this post: cosmoxl

vCash

Originally Posted by Sabla View Post
    If you voted for Obama, you can thank yourself for that... Not speaking directly to you OU48..
    DAYUMM Now it's obama's fault LOL

vCash

Originally Posted by Backintheday View Post
    ...and somehow, Alabama, aTm, Oregon and others manage to produce teams that can take us to the woodshed???
    It's Bob.

vCash

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    Didn't mean to hijack thread. But entitlement society is way worse nowadays.

vCash

It is…. and more and more it’s starting to filter its way onto our football team.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    What's depressing is that it shouldn't come down to that.
    I agree. We shouldn't have to fall on our face to see what needs to be done and fix it. We should always be evaluating everything to make sure we're as good as we can possibly be. We should NEVER get lazy and coast.
    2 users like OU812's post: oorah_okie, OU48A

While that's true, it's not that way on every team. Why is it that way on the ou team? It's Stoops job to eliminate that crap and build a TEAM. Thats kinda his job.

vCash

JB needs to be on staff at OU

vCash

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    "Each player needed 15 knockdowns"????

Did the O-line get any knockdowns on saturday??? This is a different culture!
    Not sure, but I thought he meant the entire O-Line.

vCash

Originally Posted by Backintheday View Post
    I get yer point but....

When did Alabama and Oregon take OU to "the woodshed?" By woodshed, I assume you mean legit ass beatings, not screw jobs by bad officials (Ore).

vCash

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    JB needs to be on staff at OU
    You know, what's promising is that those guys from the early Stoops years are in the twilight years of NFL career. Some, like Seth Littrell and Calvin Tibedeaox (sp) are position coaches at other schools. Maybe someday, someone from those years will return to coach here.
    The following users like this post: EufaulaSooner

vCash

You know we have a thunderdome for that shit, right?
    2 users like beelzeBob's post: Cthulhu, Val on the Getner

vCash

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    I get yer point but....

When did Alabama and Oregon tyake OU to "the woodshed?" By woodshed, I assume you mean legit ass beatings, not screw jobs by bad officials (Ore).
    We still do have scoreboard on Bama.

vCash

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    It is…. and more and more it’s starting to filter its way onto our football team.
    So, OU sucks becuase of food stamps? WTF!

vCash

You know we have a thunderdome for that shit, right?
    Say what?

vCash

So, OU sucks becuase of food stamps? WTF!
    He does have a point. Have you tried to hire anyone in their 20's lately? The work ethic in that generation is virtually non-existent. The entitlement mentality is so glaring that it's scary. Wouldn't it stand to reason that kids who have been raised to be lazy, soft and entitled in childhood would become lazy, soft and entitled later in life as well. It would only seem logical that those traits would begin creeping their way into college sports as well.
    3 users like ElGuapoSooner's post: oorah_okie, OU48A, Sabla

vCash

Originally Posted by ElGuapoSooner View Post
    He does have a point. Have you tried to hire anyone in their 20's lately? The work ethic in that generation is virtually non-existent. The entitlement mentality is so glaring that it's scary. Wouldn't it stand to reason that kids who have been raised to be lazy, soft and entitled in childhood would become lazy, soft and entitled later in life as well. It would only seem logical that those traits would begin creeping their way into college sports as well.
    Not in a position to do the hiring but I do work with a few. However the assumption that all these lazy entitled 20 somethings are that way because of food stamps and welfare is misguided. The laziest ones I know were actually raised in well to do - rich families and never wanted for anything. Two I work with in particular seem to think they should be paid for texting and checking their Iphone. They never had to work a day in their life and now that they are out of college and in the real world they resent actually having to earn something. If given the choice they would be a burdan on their parents forever.

There are also about half a dozen threads about this very subject in the Thunderdome. Stop ****ing with my football butthurt.
    2 users like beelzeBob's post: Cthulhu, jmizzy4ou

vCash

Just now listening to the podcast. I ****in luv Jammal Brown.

vCash

JB is now seen as a dipshit and a gloomer by many in this forum.

Not the same. How many of those co-championships consisted of a loss to the team we were tied with? When OU and KSU finish with identical 8-1 records and KSU won the head to head, that is simply not a championship in my opinion. I know what conference rules say, and I know what our hypocritical head coach says, but does it feel like OU won a conference championship this year? The same as it did in 2010 or 2008, etc.? Didn't think so.

1946, lost to conference co-champ Kansas
    1976, lost to both conference co-champs OklahomaState and Colorado
    1978, lost to conference co-champ Nebraska

And really, Stoops is not being a hypocrite. The league rules have changed. When there was a CCG the championship was cut and dry. It's just hilarious that the conference had the audacity to claim that, with just 10 teams and the round robin, a true conference champion would be determined, lol.

vCash

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    You know, what's promising is that those guys from the early Stoops years are in the twilight years of NFL career. Some, like Seth Littrell and Calvin Tibedeaox (sp) are position coaches at other schools. Maybe someday, someone from those years will return to coach here.

so wouldn't Alabama have even MORE entitled players, than say OU does? Why don't they have that problem there?

vCash

[QUOTE=txbbcoach4OU;1028399]so wouldn't Alabama have even MORE entitled players, than say OU does? Why don't they have that problem there?[/QUOTE]
    Nick Saban still has that hunger.
    The following users like this post: Comanche

vCash

Originally Posted by SleestakkSooner View Post
    Do you think those guys from the 76 team walk around showing off their 3 way co champ rings like they are the shit? I don't.

There are differences between how players and fans feel about certain seasons and how athletic departments use those seasons to market their teams. To make the leap from 'JB said we shouldnt brag about co champs' to the Athletic Department should claim those years is not something I can on board with.

vCash

Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    so wouldn't Alabama have even MORE entitled players, than say OU does? Why don't they have that problem there?
    Cause saban can make a grown man and pro athlete cry, imagine what he can do to these college kids

Do you think those guys from the 76 team walk around showing off their 3 way co champ rings like they are the shit? I don't.

There are differences between how players and fans feel about certain seasons and how athletic departments use those seasons to market their teams. To make the leap from 'JB said we shouldnt brag about co champs' to the Athletic Department should claim those years is not something I can on board with.
    I'm pretty sure Barry Switzer claims those conference championships for 1976 and 1978, those he does qualify them as 'shared'.
    The following users like this post: Widescreen

vCash

Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    Because Saban doesnt allow it?
    3 users like DRminimega67's post: cosmoxl, drspencer, Sooner Bob

vCash

I'm pretty sure Barry Switzer claims those conference championships for 1976 and 1978, those he does qualify them as 'shared'.
    He probably gave 'those' rings to some of his many grandchildren.

He probably gave 'those' rings to some of his many grandchildren.

So by giving something which in your mind is less valuable, to his grandchildren, you are insinuating that he doesn't care much for his grandchildren. Wow, just make shit up that suits you, lol.....

vCash

So by giving something which in your mind is less valuable, to his grandchildren, you are insinuating that he doesn't care much for his grandchildren. Wow, just make shit up that suits you, lol.....
    That was a joke dude.

staying in the soft ass big 12 w/ OSUcks and UT was the downfall of this program

vCash

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    "we need to stop recruiting average players and making them good; we need to start recruiting good players and making them great" ... damn, what a great interview. ...
    Why stop there? Why don't we just recruit "great" players and make them "all-Americans?" After they sign, we'll induct them into the OU Hall of Fame.

The whole damn Big 12 is soft. There has been a monumental slide. Ironically, Texas is horrible and yet we didn't take advantage.
    2 users like OUInformant's post: Sooner2012, SoonerDan74012

Originally Posted by OUInformant View Post
    The whole damn Big 12 is soft. There has been a monumental slide. Ironically, Texas is horrible and yet we didn't take advantage.
    Bingo.

vCash

And really, Stoops is not being a hypocrite. The league rules have changed. When there was a CCG the championship was cut and dry. It's just hilarious that the conference had the audacity to claim that, with just 10 teams and the round robin, a true conference champion would be determined, lol.
    I think all team players should get an individual trophy and juice box when the season is over.

vCash

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Other than Moobs.

vCash
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Re: Jammal Brown on The Rush.

The problem is that our coaches have decided that as long as we are beating texas we are okay. Problem is, texas has become too easy to beat and other teams have easily surpassed both of our dumb asses.

In the meantime, Bob has become more concerned with hiring his friends, building a castle, and NOT having a heart attack.
    2 users like MikeLucky's post: ElGuapoSooner, Sooner2012

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    I would be okay with a couple of 8-5 seasons if it meant that Bob stoops roots out all the prima donnas and the players who Aren't willing to put in the Hard work. Root out the unqualified coaches as well.
    I agree especially if we start seeing attitude changes and scheme changes to something a little more physical. The thing you see in teams like other top teams today is that attitude from the top on down. We are so freakin soft.

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    I know. It's shocking that people have actually moved beyond it being "Bush's fault."

I think it was what Stoops said last year before facing OSU that makes him a hypocrite this year.
    The following users like this post: ElGuapoSooner

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Teachers in large public schools of the type where many of our players come from have told me many times that there has been a huge decline just in the past 5 years in the kids desire to work hard and to be somebody.
    Kids tell teachers all the time that they know the Government will take care of them so they don’t need to study or work hard.

We need to better evaluate our prospect and well beyond their athletic abilities.
    As an educator I can promise you, NO KIDS SAY THIS. Old people always making up crap about "kids these days." That never changes.
    2 users like Grolgar's post: nomad, Val on the Getner

Not really at all. Remember welfare reform in the 90s? And people blaming Obama are just ignorant. He's done nothing to expand entitlement programs. At all. And if anyone says Obamacare my head will explode because it means you don't know that Medicaid has been around for 50 years. Moving on...
    The following users like this post: nomad

Re: Jammal Brown on The Rush.

Entitlement reform in the 90s cut welfare.

vCash

Originally Posted by Grolgar View Post
    Not really at all. Remember welfare reform in the 90s? And people blaming Obama are just ignorant. He's done nothing to expand entitlement programs. At all. And if anyone says Obamacare my head will explode because it means you don't know that Medicaid has been around for 50 years. Moving on...
    Agree to disagree.

Nonsense. I recently hired two twenty-somethings and they are top notch. Work long hours, have great attitude, are very contemplative, and their work-product is excellent given their lack of experience.

vCash

Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma View Post
    The work ethic of the kids is so different than in years past. Between helicopter parents, re-testing to get a passing grade, social promotions rather than earned promotions.... these kids have no concept of failure and what to do to deal with it, how to get better, how to give their best. I am seriously worried about these kids.
    Yeah right, noticed all those problems with the Bama players last night. Bull shit, it is coaching and attitude within the program. What you say about society in general is spot on. Coaches simply make it known what flies and doesn't fly in their program. Saban is a grade A **** in more ways than one, but he gets it done. OUr program is in dire need of a major attitude adjustment and it starts and ends at the top. Pathetic state of affairs for such a proud and tradition filled program.
    The following users like this post: SoonerLibertarian

vCash

Originally Posted by 100%sooner View Post
    Yeah right, noticed all those problems with the Bama players last night. Bull shit, it is coaching and attitude within the program. What you say about society in general is spot on. Coaches simply make it known what flies and doesn't fly in their program. Saban is a grade A **** in more ways than one, but he gets it done. OUr program is in dire need of a major attitude adjustment and it starts and ends at the top. Pathetic state of affairs for such a proud and tradition filled program.
    the roids help bama also

I appreciate you stupid ****s for hijacking this thread. Go back to the zoo and stay there.
    4 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: OU Sam, SoopaSooner, the_Mont, Turk

vCash

Originally Posted by Grolgar View Post
    As an educator I can promise you, NO KIDS SAY THIS. Old people always making up crap about "kids these days." That never changes.
    I don’t know where you teach but I don’t think you’re very tuned in to what’s actually happening
    in our large public schools. I am married to a long time educator and have several relatives that tech in college to grade school levels, some are in administration, and I know and hear what other educators say.
    At least 15 educators from 3 major metropolitan areas have indicated in one way or another that they have kids on a near daily basses tha tsay the government will take care of them…… They also tell me that other educators hear this. They all say the issue of entitlement is significantly worse now than it was just 5 or so years ago. With no child left behind what we teach kids has changed… The public schools mostly teach kids how to test and not how to reason and the other skills they will need.
    This is not to say that these problems can’t be overcome by individuals and by a football program who has the right leadership in place.

vCash

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    I appreciate you stupid ****s for hijacking this thread. Go back to the zoo and stay there.
    Seriously....Can we get a mod to clean this shit up?