Today's KREF Spencer Tillman interview

Posted 662 day(s) ago 2320 Views 33 Replies

I have got to agree with everything said.

http://sportstalk1400.podomatic.com/

It would be cool if someone could give the bullet points. Can't listen to the podcast where I am...

Originally Posted by SoulRebel View Post
    It would be cool if someone could give the bullet points. Can't listen to the podcast where I am...
    1. Scheme was wrong.
    2. Program has gotten stale
    3. Get better players
    4. Attitude is wrong.

You know things are bad when even James Hale is criticizing you.

I'll bet Brennen Clay is pissed.

**** Brennen Clay. The only reason he's playing is because the coaches have Finch is in the dog house for some bullshit reason and Dom Whaley never healed 100%.

Clay is more suited to be a member of John Blake's losing teams. He's a joke of a running back who isn't up to OU's historic standards.

Win something, then you can ****, ****.

Originally Posted by Al F***n Swearingen View Post
    **** Brennen Clay. The only reason he's playing is because the coaches have Finch is in the dog house for some bullshit reason and Dom Whaley never healed 100%.

Clay is more suited to be a member of John Blake's losing teams. He's a joke of a running back who isn't up to OU's historic standards.

dude, big 12 co-champs.
    3 users like bushmaster06's post: 2SBTM, Comanche, HeroOfTheDay

Brown was right. Let OSU claim that shit. That's weak ass shit if there ever was any.
    3 users like Al F***n Swearingen's post: nolesooner, SilksKS, TimPOBSooner

I am paraphrasing but he talked about accountability from the president on down and that basically the entire administration at OU needs to be committed including the president to do whatever is needed to repair OU’s football program.

He indicated that if we needed to change coordinators, so be it…….
    if we needed to change the head coach, so be it.

Brennan Clay is a fantastic Sooner and has done more for OU than you ever will.
    3 users like fdubzou's post: Jasooner, Mahler, Sooner_117

I sent Tram a long email asking why the press plays softball with Bob and said its time someone questions the hiring of friends and friends of friends. All he said in reply was that he had the same concerns about our staff. Wish someone would worry less about being in the dog house and actually ask some tough questions. If Bob won't answer them then interview Joe C and get him on record defending the hiring of unqualified tards.

Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Lol

Won't influence anyone, it was on KREF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brennen Clay is a prime example of what Jamal Brown was talking about today.

He wouldn't have made it past most Sooner scout team of any era except Blake/Schnelly's.
    The following users like this post: soonerUthenMe

A fantastic sooner, but not a fantastic RB. He will be lonely without his other Cali boys. He needs to leave with them. We need the scholarship.

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    Won't influence anyone, it was on KREF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wrong, very wrong, the words of Spencer Tillman have meaning in Sooner land and just because it was on KREF doesn’t mean that those of influence won’t hear the interview.

spencer picked Bama, he may have been on to something

Spencer was right in everything he said. Everyone from Boren to the Waterboy needs to be held accountable for the shape this program is in right now. We need more former players complaining and asking the difficult questions that need to be asked. Stoops needs to be put on a very hotseat until this disaster is fixed.
    2 users like CNCSOONER's post: boomermagic, OU48A

Did I question what he has done or if he was a great Sooner?

Originally Posted by Al F***n Swearingen View Post

Clays pretty good man. RB is the least of our issues. OC is where the issue is. Finch not playing is a huge problem.
    The following users like this post: DarrellS011

Man, Clay isn't the most talented guy but he's been very productive and plays his azz off. I know a lot of us are frustrated but to criticize this kid is silly.

Originally Posted by Futbol7 View Post
    Man, Clay isn't the most talented guy but he's been very productive and plays his azz off. I know a lot of us are frustrated but to criticize this kid is silly.
    This

LOVE it that now former players are questioning the President, AD & hd coach. I said a LONG time ago, that we messed up by giving Stoops such HUUGE A$$ raises every year! Pain instructs, in the famous words of Nick Satan. Well...what we're goign through is PAIN! Maybe it will instruct & give us some needed relief!!!

Say what you want about KREF but thats 2 awesome interviews today, meanwhile the Animal *probably talked about golf and movies all with the subtle backing track of Al eating "waddishes."

*I say probably because I can longer stand to listen to that station.
    6 users like beelzeBob's post: ElGuapoSooner, Nazgul, OU48A, SoulRebel, T Rusk, traxx

Originally Posted by lobster999 View Post
    A fantastic sooner, but not a fantastic RB. He will be lonely without his other Cali boys. He needs to leave with them. We need the scholarship.
    god ****ing damn it! someone else that sees that we need to separate the ****ing boys from the men!

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Say what you want about KREF but thats 2 awesome interviews today, meanwhile the Animail probably talked about golf and movies all with the subtle backing track of Al eating "waddishes."
    Nah. They probably just told people saying the things that JB and Tillman said to shut up and hung up on them.
    The following users like this post: beelzeBob

Take Spencer Tillman's opinions on OU football with many grains of salt. He never had much positive to say even in some of Stoops' more dominant seasons.
    The following users like this post: Futbol7

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    I have got to agree with everything said.

http://sportstalk1400.podomatic.com/

Thanks for posting this.

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Say what you want about KREF but thats 2 awesome interviews today, meanwhile the Animal *probably talked about golf and movies all with the subtle backing track of Al eating "waddishes."

*I say probably because I can longer stand to listen to that station.
    I don't know why I occasionally still listen to the Animal, habit I suppose. But early this morning on my way to work, the first weekday morning after OU's bowl loss, what do the morning animals bring out? "Uncle." Needless to say, immediately after hearing Uncle, the most horribly unfunny thing in a long series of unfunny stuff on that show, I switched the dial. It's awful. Who keeps telling Steely that the Uncle bits are funny? The same people who find Thanksgiving at the Stoops funny? Who are these people? If you ever saw the movie Good Morning Vietnam, the Animal reminds me of the unfunny dude who was on the radio before Robin Williams took over. Everyone hated the other guys material, but somehow he was still on the radio. There is literally nothing good, funny, original or informative about WWLS.
    3 users like ElGuapoSooner's post: Clark W. Griswold, ewtsooner, hOUrricane

WWLS is not my cup of tea anymore. I only listen on occasion.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    dude, big 12 co-champs.
    Half a Big 12 Championship. Just great.

SoonerBounce Guest

What was it that clay said on twitter about getting paid?

Originally Posted by SleestakkSooner View Post
    Take Spencer Tillman's opinions on OU football with many grains of salt. He never had much positive to say even in some of Stoops' more dominant seasons.
    I can't imagine why anyone would say much positive about Stoops more dominant teams....they were the ones who got beat in MNC games. What did he call them? Underachieving? Unprepared? That would be spot on. OU should have had at least one more NC with the talent he had.

Spencer Tillman sees and reports on the best college football every day. He played on some great OU teams and he played with amazing determination. Spencer Tillman is a fantastic ambassador for the University of Oklahoma.
    2 users like the-rover's post: DarrellS011, OU48A

Originally Posted by ElGuapoSooner View Post
    I don't know why I occasionally still listen to the Animal, habit I suppose. But early this morning on my way to work, the first weekday morning after OU's bowl loss, what do the morning animals bring out? "Uncle." Needless to say, immediately after hearing Uncle, the most horribly unfunny thing in a long series of unfunny stuff on that show, I switched the dial. It's awful. Who keeps telling Steely that the Uncle bits are funny? The same people who find Thanksgiving at the Stoops funny? Who are these people? If you ever saw the movie Good Morning Vietnam, the Animal reminds me of the unfunny dude who was on the radio before Robin Williams took over. Everyone hated the other guys material, but somehow he was still on the radio. There is literally nothing good, funny, original or informative about WWLS.
    All that stuff was funny when they first started doing it. Now they are just beating a dead horse.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

If they need to change the Athletic Director and other administrators then so be it!
    The following users like this post: DarrellS011